Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer

How is Tri Attack legal on Porygon? It's genderless and learns the move at Lv. 51. But it's a staple move on all the site analyses.

Edit: Resolved
The Pomeg glitch was a Gen III glitch where you could get level-up moves on genderless Pokemon through breeding. I don't know exactly how to do it but it exists, but ONLY in Gen III. I.E. Hypnosis Bronzor is still illegal.

The Pomeg glitch was a Gen III glitch where you could get level-up moves on genderless Pokemon through breeding. I don't know exactly how to do it but it exists, but ONLY in Gen III. I.E. Hypnosis Bronzor is still illegal.
Yes, but any Gen III poke can be hatched in Gen III, transferred to Gen IV through the Pal Park and to Gen V through the Pokeshift.

Porygon can use its level up moves (from the Pomeg glitch mentioned above), but only with Trace. Unfortunately this isn't really enforced on PO so you still have to play a lot of Download+Recover+Tri Attack Porygon's, but whatever.....

I have some questions.

when passing down egg moves does only the father have to know them? because earlier on this thread someone said they are passed down from the father though somewhere else i read booth parents need to know it.(i.e. eruption cyndaquil)

early bird halfs sleep time, even with rest? so wouldnt that be a one turn heal with rest(use it on one turn and wake up to attack the next)?

Where is the "simulator" and are battles here done on "simulators" or wif-fi?

What is the ban list? I see many different ban lists all of them(well bar one that excluded sneasel) have scyther and sneasel banned, then some have meditite and missdreavous and on this thread i heard gligar is banned which is new to me

and i tried posting a RMT but the post didnt show up on the list of threads

thanks in advance

While I'm unsure about the exact innerworks of in-game breeding I can answer some of your other questions:

Rest is a garunteed 3 turn, self induced sleep. Early bird cuts durations in half. So instead of 3 turns of sleep, their would be 1.5. Obviously you cant be asleep for half a turn, and Pokemon hates decimals, so an Early bird rest would have 1 turn of sleep.
IE)
Turn 1 - Rest
Turn 2 - ZZZ
Turn 3 - Wake up

as for the simulator, it can be found and downloaded here: http://www.pokemon-online.eu/ Pokemon online, PO, is strictly a competative simulator. All parts of the RPG are struck, leaving you with just the battles. You're given a team builder that allows you to customize everything from the mons in your team to their respective EV's and IV's. However, The simulator (or at least we do) limit "legal" move and ability combinations to those which are possible to get in game, hence it being a "simulator."

While I'm unsure of the exact list of bans for LC, this link will take you to the list of legal mons. If its not on this list, it is not legal in LC.

Some of the mon's I do know are banned include:
Gligar
Misdrevious
Vulpix
meditite
scyther
Meditite
Though I know there are more, I just cannot think of them, or are incapable of spelling.

As for your issues with the RMT, make sure you're posting in the appropriate sub forum. And that you actually hit "post". Sometimes i hit preview and then go away.

P.s. can move tutor moves be bred to offspring? if not does anyone have a bullet punch/drain punch/ice punch/zen headbutt riolu because i have HG to get one but cant transfer it to my pokemon white in order to use it in my LC team, i would happily trade anything i can for one(only my starter atm since i just restarted the game on accident). im also wondering how you can "see" certian pokemon so you can try and trade for them in the wifi place (its called GTS in HG not sure what its called in BW and i kinda forgot where it is). I have quite a few pokemon that only get certian moves from gen 4 so where can i ask for them?

I'm new at this and want to try the LC out, but when I've picked a server in the online battle game-thingy and use 'Find match', won't it pair me with someone with a team of lvl 100 pokemon rather than lvl 5? Or does it automatically search for other LC teams?
I really don't want to try before I get an answer x'D

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm new at this and want to try the LC out, but when I've picked a server in the online battle game-thingy and use 'Find match', won't it pair me with someone with a team of lvl 100 pokemon rather than lvl 5? Or does it automatically search for other LC teams?
I really don't want to try before I get an answer x'D
You need to be in the Little Cup tier.

The Pomeg Glitch still works 4th gen. That's how I still use Hypnosis Bronzor in LC. You have to have >3 HP and >116 EVs in HP to activate it. (You can't use a Pomeg Berry on a Pokemon with <3 HP.)

The Pomeg Glitch still works 4th gen. That's how I still use Hypnosis Bronzor in LC. You have to have >3 HP and >116 EVs in HP to activate it. (You can't use a Pomeg Berry on a Pokemon with <3 HP.)
Really? :o

I'll have to try it... thanks for posting this and letting everyone know!

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My little question: can someone confirm this? (kinda important)

For those who were talking about rest, its 2 turns, not 3. The then you use rest doesn't count as being asleep also. Bronzor beats drilbur because the best thing drilbur can hit It with is x-scissor, and bronzor has gyro ball, toxic, and other moves to beat drilbur.

Sorry for any typos I did this on my phone

For those who were talking about rest, its 2 turns, not 3. The then you use rest doesn't count as being asleep also. Bronzor beats drilbur because the best thing drilbur can hit It with is x-scissor, and bronzor has gyro ball, toxic, and other moves to beat drilbur.

Sorry for any typos I did this on my phone
whenever i switch into evio drillbur psychic/hp ice/whatever doesn't do enough and i only end up crippling drillbur a bit... :/

Just use Toxic on it and keep attacking. If you can predict correctly, Protect will help you a lot. If Drilbur is poisoned, scattering Fake Out across your team is a really good idea. Most of the time, Drilbur is better defeated by a few mediocre checks than one huge check, as the latter either doesn't exist or hasn't been discovered yet.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
whenever i switch into evio drillbur psychic/hp ice/whatever doesn't do enough and i only end up crippling drillbur a bit... :/
In response to the above two posts, most teams aren't running Toxic on every mon, while most Drilbur are running Protect to handle Fake Out. This makes for some tough handling of Drilbur. If you're really concerned about handling Drilbur with Bronzor, use HP Ice instead of Toxic. Hp Ice, despite only doing 4% or some other small number more on Drilbur than Psychic, nets a kill on Drilbur 1 hit quicker. Also note that Oran Berry Bronzor means Drilbur basically needs 2 or even 3 Swords Dances to crack through Bronzor with Rock Slide, and even then you should be all right assuming you have priority somewhere.

Hi all! I'm thinking about starting LC, but I'm a bit confused. Are murkrow/gligar/missy banned or what? because they rnt in the ban list thread but theyre "huge threats" not on the december usage stats at all so...

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
WildEep has confirmed that the Pomeg glitch does NOT work in the 4th generation and, as a result, Hypnosis Bronzor is illegal in Little Cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)