Gen 3 ADV comeback 2 RMTs

Few days ago, I decided to make a comeback at RSE (since 2008) as I felt that I wanted something quicker than GSC/RBY to play in random moments. Anyway I sucked back then; if I still suck know at ADV, I sucked a lot more before. At least now I've learned some "general concepts" and "vision of the game" of Pokemon after 3 years of GSC/RBY.

Team 1:

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Explosion
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

I like WoW for things like ttar, lax, swamp, meta etc. Ive also used Hypnosis, but 60% doesn't give me a lot of confidence. Ice Punch covers Zapdos. Tbolt has that extra power; I can still burn Swamp and Meta and trap steels with duggy (jirachi/meta)

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rock Slide

Standard. I switch between HP and IBeam, but you don't really see Flygons in PO.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

Standard Calm stZapdos that can take 3 Ibeams.

Flygon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spd
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Standard 4 attacks. I don't know if timid 301/max is clearly better but without spikes I really like the extra punch on waters. 271 speed.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Standard. I prefer Pump over st, but idk

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Initially added to cover Heracross. I like Adamant for the extra damage that is sometimes crucial in things like Celebi,bliss (which can open up Zapdos and sort of Gar) and ttar/steels, you know. Raikou is still "supposed to be" covered by double ground.

Team 2:

This is a special based team with random CMers hoping to get as many kills as possible. I have had pretty good result with the team on PO (but I know that's probably just showing the level of the players there).

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 84 Atk / 172 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Explosion
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Same as before. First way to lure out and kill Blissey, I guess?

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Psychic

I sometimes switch between Psychic and HP grass (probably depends on the HP of Raikou, but Psychic still 2hkoes Swampert, i can always switch out to Celebi/Cune). TTar is my main worry here though. But I guess I can easily drop Fire anyway, and it's proably the best choice?

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 94 HP / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

The offensive version of Suicune that can still switch into you know which threats once. HP so that Gyarados doesn't 6-0 me.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 18 HP / 168 Def / 168 SAtk / 156 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Evs to KO Dugtrio and survive HP bug.(I don't know if it's worth it).

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Here I need adamant to kill Blissey without sand. Helps finishing off snorlaxes/regices. And killing Celebi helps if HPgrass Raikou.

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

I switch between grass and ice.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
I have never liked HP grass DDtar, and I have always considered HP bug or even DE a superior option. Duggy just doesnt fit on team 1, and since your team might benefit a lot from spikes, you could try skarm/forry there.

Team 2 is pretty aggresive, and its a bit bliss (especially cm, if you cant lure ir with gengar) and duggy weak.

hi id like to ask, where will you be using these pokemon, on a simulator?
Pokemon Online has a feature which allows users to battle in other generations besides the 5th gen, all the way down to the 2nd. You can access this feature by making a team for the 2nd/3rd/4th generation in the PO Teambuilder and then loading it once connected to a server.

In response to the team, I'm afraid I can't really give solid advice; anything I tell you to do would probably drag you into a horrendous losing streak which would result in crippling depression. You might be able to find some better advice here, although I'm not sure how active this subforum is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)