Breaking News: Kim Jong Il is dead! (so ronery up in heaven)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The North Korea news agency reported that their Supreme Leader Kim Jong Il has died. More details to come!

According to the state-run television, he died of "physical and mental over-work", which we know is bull pretty much. He had a stroke in '08, and supposedly he was suffering from heart disease. His son Kim Jong-Un is probably going to be his successor, though it is still undecided.

edit: This unfortunately will no longer update =(

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure his youngest son has been groomed for leadership for quite some time, so it'll probably pass onto him, unless there's intervention from America, or South Korea.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's going to come down to his son, a South Korean takeover, or a coup by one of his generals.
His son is one of his generals, and South Korea wants no part of the crazy really since they know they'd be overwhelmed by NK's miltary (which actually accounts for a serious portion of NK's budget). But I do agree that one possible ending is that Kim Jong-Un "steps down", takes as many of the billions his father hid as he can, and gets the hell out before some crazy general takes him out.

@temperantia- his son is just as crazy, if not crazier than his father.

I'm pretty sure his youngest son has been groomed for leadership for quite some time, so it'll probably pass onto him, unless there's intervention from America, or South Korea.
It's actually possible according to some sources that his step-brother is currently the de facto leader of North Korea, which could lead to some nasty consequences.

I am actually quite happy he is dead (woah such a terrible sinful thing SINSINSINSIN)

Now his insane son can take over. Great.
We should just bomb the shit out of them, right? Isn't that what American does all the time?

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
The South Koreans are not gotta attempt a take-over. Let's be realistic here. If say Kim-whats-his-name makes a run for it with all the military budget, SK is essentially left with 2~4 mil 3rd world country refugees. Yeah, their economy isn't horrible, but seriously if your population is around 6 mil, they're gonna have troubles.

That cuts down the option to Military Coup, US intervention, or the guy just ruling w/o any trouble. (which i doubt will happen)

edit: or god forbid, the Chinese takeover.

US won't get involved. NK is dangerous because they aren't in the UN and don't follow the rules everyone else does. Not to mention that most Americans have decided the best way to deal with foreign instability is to let it (not) resolve itself. Obamas administration won't do something so controversial with election time so near in the future. I think either Kim Jong Crazy Jr or some military leader will end up in power after a possible civil war, or at least a few months of instability, and North Korea is going to end up just as bad if not worse.

The best thing that could come out of this would be that the communist censorship over the people would weaken enough that at least a group of North Koreans would realize how the rest of the world really is and stage an organized uprising. Then they could get the support of South Korea/UN/USA and reunite Korea. But from what I know, that's an unlikely best-case scenario.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let's remember he will receive justice from someone else, so we don't need to curse him anymore.

Also the people are so brainwashed that the next leader could essentially step in and pick up right where he left off. That's how it was when his own father died so I don't see it being different this time around =/

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I am actually quite happy he is dead (woah such a terrible sinful thing SINSINSINSIN)

Now his insane son can take over. Great.
We should just bomb the shit out of them, right? Isn't that what American does all the time?
No oil, no need.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I wonder how much of north korea's terrible reputation comes from further demonisation by the occident.

made me smile :)
I understand what you're saying and the fact that it's a joke, but there's a serious difference between America going to war in Iraq and Afghanistan (both of which were initially supported by the UN) and North Korea launching a rocket without any warning and then saying "What rocket?" when questioned by UN representatives.

I wonder how many threats we're gonna get now about getting nuked. A year ago on the 4th of july kim's son threatened that they had a nuke powerful enough to reach california, lol.

And yes, his son is atleast twice as batshit insane as he was...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)