Snorlax(QC 2/2 GP 2/2)

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion

[Overview]

<p>Snorlax instantly appeals as a powerful defensive Pokemon, boasting 165 / 65 / 110 Defenses. However, a weakness to Fighting-type attacks, accompanied by low physical bulk, leaves Snorlax as easy prey to the common Fighting-type attacks in VGC. But do not fear; Snorlax has access to many hard hitting physical moves and a useful ability for VGC in Thick Fat. Snorlax also has an extremely a low base 30 speed, and while this may seem to be a terrible weakness, it can be abused when under Trick Room. Remember to play to Snorlax's strengths, and you will find it tearing up your opponents in no time.</p>

[SET]
name: Trick Room Attacker
move 1: Return
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Crunch / Fire Punch
move 4: Protect
item: Chople Berry / Normal Gem
nature: Brave
ability: Thick Fat
evs: 12 HP / 252 Att / 60 Def / 180 SpDef
ivs: Spe 0

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is intended for use under Trick Room, where Snorlax can outspeed and tear through most frail opponents. Return is used to utilize one of Snorlax's strongest STABs, excluding Double-Edge. Earthquake is a prime choice for the second slot, dealing solid damage to Steel-types that resist Return, as well as being a spread move. However, be careful not to hurt teammates when using this. Crunch helps Snorlax defeat common Ghost- and Psychic-type threats such as Cresselia and Jellicent. These Pokemon tend to be nightmares for any Trick Room team, as they have the ability to set up a Trick Room of their own, effectively ruining Snorlax's chance of outpacing its opponents. Fire Punch can be useful against hail threats, while helping Snorlax defeat opponents that resist or are immune to its other attacks, such as Bronzong. Protect is used in the fourth slot as a multipurpose move; it can allow Snorlax to stall to some extent, aid against Fake Out users, and scout.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The item here comes down to personal preference; however, here are some useful calculations, showing common instances where Chople Berry is useful with the given EV spread:</p>

<ul class="damage_calculation">
<li>252Atk lvl 50 Hitmontop (+Atk) Close Combat vs 12HP/60Def Chople Berry Thick Fat lvl 50 Snorlax (Neutral): 49% - 58% (118 - 139 HP).</li>
<li>252Atk Fight Gem lvl 50 Hitmontop (+Atk) Close Combat vs 12HP/60Def Chople Berry Thick Fat lvl 50 Snorlax (Neutral): 74% - 87% (177 - 208 HP).</li>
<li>252Atk lvl 50 Terrakion (Neutral) Close Combat vs 12HP/60Def Chople Berry Thick Fat lvl 50 Snorlax (Neutral): 55% - 65% (132 - 156 HP)</li>
<li>252Atk Fight Gem lvl 50 Terrakion (Neutral) Close Combat vs 12HP/60Def Chople Berry Thick Fat lvl 50 Snorlax (Neutral): 83% - 98% (198 - 234 HP).</li>
</ul>

<p>Chople Berry is definitely an excellent choice, letting Snorlax survive almost anything Terrakion can throw at it. The given EVs are used to give Snorlax as much bulk as possible. Snorlax's HP stat is large and needs little investment, while the Attack EVs are used to let Snorlax hit as hard as possible. The Defense EVs help with taking some Fighting-type attacks, as long as Snorlax is using a Chople berry. The Special Defense EVs help Snorlax survive against specially based attacks, such as a Thunderbolt from Zapdos or Thundurus. A Brave nature is used to optimize Snorlax's Attack stat, while lowering speed; in conjunction with 0 Speed IVs, Snorlax becomes as potent in Trick Room as possible. Snorlax's ability also comes down to preference. Thick Fat gives Snorlax resistances to Fire- and Ice-type attacks, such as Heat Wave and Blizzard, whilst Immunity stops Snorlax from becoming Poisoned. Thick Fat is usually the superior option, though watch out for being Burned or Frozen from those typed attacks.</p>

<p>Ghost-type Pokemon act as great support to Snorlax, as they are able to switch in on Fighting-type moves that could potentially KO it. Trick Room, as said before, is a must for Snorlax to function properly. Pokemon with the Telepathy ability can make decent partners for Snorlax, allowing him to fire off moves like Earthquake and Selfdestruct without worry of hurting his partner. Musharna is a great partner with this ability. In fact, Psychic-type Pokemon in general can make excellent partners for Snorlax. He makes great use of being paired with Pokemon such as Reuniclus, Musharna, and Cresselia; they all can set up Trick Room for Snorlax, and each can proceed to do something extra to help Snorlax out. Cresselia and Musharna can provide Helping Hand support for Snorlax, while Reuniclus can help Snorlax take down the opponent's team once Trick Room is up. All three of them can hit annoying Fighting-types for super effective damage with Psychic-type STAB attacks. Most Ghost-types who can provide the same Helping Hand + Trick Room support have a tough time taking out Fighting-types, making Psychic-types better suited for this role. Follow Me and Rage Powder users are nice to have, as they can absorb strong Fighting-type blows that could potentially KO Snorlax. Capable users of these moves include Amoonguss, Parasect, and Togekiss.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Superpower is a solid option for scoring some KOs against most Steel- and Rock-types, as well as opposing Snorlax who don't invest heavily in Defense. Sitrus Berry could be a viable item for gaining instant recovery after taking some hits or getting HP back after Belly Drum. Although setting up in VGC can be dangerous, if you can predict your opponent double Protecting to stall out Trick Room, Snorlax can use Belly Drum and go in for a KO on the next turn. Selfdestruct is a very powerful STAB move that Snorlax has. Combined with a Normal Gem boost, you can almost always get a KO on Pokemon who don't either resist it, have immunities to it, or use Protect when predicting it. Body Slam can be used as a good STAB in place of Return, and the possibility of paralysis can be useful. Chesto Berry can be used with Rest, letting Snorlax regain full health mid game and survive longer.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>In this metagame, one of the most common types used is Fighting. These Pokemon can be a huge problem for Snorlax, often stopping his sweeping short and outright destroying him with their super effective STAB moves. Chople Berry Tyranitar is a threat, especially if it carries Low Kick or Superpower, as the best Snorlax can throw at it is Superpower. Even worse, after using Superpower to get rid of the Chople berry, Snorlax has pretty much nothing else to attack Tyranitar with, who can then KO Snorlax with its own Low Kick. Metagross is often problematic as well, even with Earthquake and Trick Room up.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Snorlax gets Gluttony from the DW. When this ability is released, it probably won't do much to help Snorlax until th pinch berries are released. Even then, it isn't very good.</p>

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A couple of things:

-A lot of Pokemon used on Rain teams aren't actually weak to Electric Attacks. Also, Return will do more damage to them than ThunderPunch.

-Protect, SelfDestruct, and Belly Drum could use some mentioning somewhere in the write-up.

-Tyranitar usually don't run SuperPower, but they do run Low Kick. Which is probably worse for Snorlax.

-Gluttony is currently useless when you realize that the only Pinch Berrys accessable are Lansat and Starf. But might be interesting whenever we get Custap.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
A couple of things:

-A lot of Pokemon used on Rain teams aren't actually weak to Electric Attacks. Also, Return will do more damage to them than ThunderPunch.

-Protect, SelfDestruct, and Belly Drum could use some mentioning somewhere in the write-up.

-Tyranitar usually don't run SuperPower, but they do run Low Kick. Which is probably worse for Snorlax.

-Gluttony is currently useless when you realize that the only Pinch Berrys accessable are Lansat and Starf. But might be interesting whenever we get Custap.
Fixed and thanks, writing this up I completely forgot about Low Kick's existence :x

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fire Punch is a 3HKO on 252 HP Metagross. I'd say that's pretty worthless. It also has a small chance of 2HKOing Bronzong. I'd say Fire Punch isn't as useful and you're going to need better avenues of dealing damage to these Steel-types.

Biosci

Danger!?
Fire Punch is a 3HKO on 252 HP Metagross. I'd say that's pretty worthless. It also has a small chance of 2HKOing Bronzong. I'd say Fire Punch isn't as useful and you're going to need better avenues of dealing damage to these Steel-types.
Thing is, aside from Earthquake, Snorlax has no other moves to hit Metagross, Bronzong, or other steels that might only take neutral damage from Superpower. I'll slash Fire Punch with Earthquake in that slot.

JRank

Jonny
-Move Superpower to OO, it's not really helping against anything but other Snorlax

-Give Fire Punch its own slot; does damage to Metagross and did someone forget about ABOMASNOW

-Slash Crunch behind Earthquake, it's (Crunch) really only good for Cress and Chandy which your team should be able to handle regardless

-Protect in the last slot because it's Protect and this is VGC, and slash Selfdestruct behind it because even with the nerf when you use Normal Gem it still kills stuff

-Items should be Chople Berry / Normal Gem, if Snorlax wants to take a Fighting move it better have Chople, and Normal Gem powers up either Return or Selfdestruct way more than Silk Scarf

-EV spread should be 12 HP / 60 Def / 252 Atk / 180 SpD, takes a LO CC Terrakion + sandstorm damage, and 2 Latios Draco Meteor (assuming one is Dragon Gem and one is -2) 4 leftover EVs but they don't raise any stat

-Put Zen Headbutt in OO to get a little more damage on Hitmontop

Biosci

Danger!?
-Move Superpower to OO, it's not really helping against anything but other Snorlax

-Give Fire Punch its own slot; does damage to Metagross and did someone forget about ABOMASNOW

-Slash Crunch behind Earthquake, it's (Crunch) really only good for Cress and Chandy which your team should be able to handle regardless

-Protect in the last slot because it's Protect and this is VGC, and slash Selfdestruct behind it because even with the nerf when you use Normal Gem it still kills stuff

-Items should be Chople Berry / Normal Gem, if Snorlax wants to take a Fighting move it better have Chople, and Normal Gem powers up either Return or Selfdestruct way more than Silk Scarf

-EV spread should be 56 HP / 252 Atk / 202 SpD, anything more is a waste of HP and it can take most Fighting attacks with Chople alone, SpD EVs to take random Thunderbolts and stuff

-Put Zen Headbutt in OO to get a little more damage on Hitmontop
Changes made(I can't believe I forgot Zen Headbutt -___-) Anything else I missed?

JRank

Jonny
Rename the set "Trick Room Attacker" and put a space in between slashes like this: Earthquake / Crunch. Put Fire Punch as the second move instead of Earthquake. We found a better EV spread that I had to edit with, it's 12 HP / 60 Def / 252 Atk / 180 SpD, use it instead. Mention Cresselia and Musharna as partners, set up Trick Room and are immune to EQ / Selfdestruct (only EQ in Cresselia's case). Do all that and QC 1 / 2

Biosci

Danger!?
Rename the set "Trick Room Attacker" and put a space in between slashes like this: Earthquake / Crunch. Put Fire Punch as the second move instead of Earthquake. We found a better EV spread that I had to edit with, it's 12 HP / 60 Def / 252 Atk / 180 SpD, use it instead. Mention Cresselia and Musharna as partners, set up Trick Room and are immune to EQ / Selfdestruct (only EQ in Cresselia's case). Do all that and QC 1 / 2
All changes made, thanks for the check :)

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i dont think set up moves are the best idea for snorlax (or most vgc pokemon) so i'd take out belly drum

for teammates, i'd mention some follow me/rage powder pokemon to take fighting moves and priority that may be used against snorlax

Biosci

Danger!?
i dont think set up moves are the best idea for snorlax (or most vgc pokemon) so i'd take out belly drum

for teammates, i'd mention some follow me/rage powder pokemon to take fighting moves and priority that may be used against snorlax
Changes made

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
In your Chople calcs, switch Adamant Terrakion to Jolly, remove Mach Punch Hitmontop, and add Fight Gem and non-Fight Gem Adamant Hitmontop's Close Combat. The set should also look like this:

Selfdestruct should be in OO, as well as Sitrus Berry (excellent longevity against rain and other strong special attacks) and Belly Drum (it's really powerful and not too hard to set up). Zen Headbutt hits Fighting-types only very slightly harder than Return, so it's useless, as are Ice Punch and Pursuit.

Mention that Psychic-types in particular make excellent partners, doing huge damage to the Fighting-types that plague Snorlax. You've mentioned Musharna and Cresselia, but haven't specifically enumerated why to use them over Dusknoir. Reuniclus is also a cool partner.

Biosci

Danger!?
In your Chople calcs, switch Adamant Terrakion to Jolly, remove Mach Punch Hitmontop, and add Fight Gem and non-Fight Gem Adamant Hitmontop's Close Combat. The set should also look like this:

Selfdestruct should be in OO, as well as Sitrus Berry (excellent longevity against rain and other strong special attacks) and Belly Drum (it's really powerful and not too hard to set up). Zen Headbutt hits Fighting-types only very slightly harder than Return, so it's useless, as are Ice Punch and Pursuit.

Mention that Psychic-types in particular make excellent partners, doing huge damage to the Fighting-types that plague Snorlax. You've mentioned Musharna and Cresselia, but haven't specifically enumerated why to use them over Dusknoir. Reuniclus is also a cool partner.
Added, fixed, and expanded. Though some of the stuff you wanted me to take out was told to be put in from other QC members. Thanks for the check =D

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Amateur GP Check!
Removals in RED, changes in BLUE

[Overview]

<p>With base 165 HP and base 110 Special Defense, Snorlax has great natural bulk, though the physical bulk leaves something to be desired. This, combined with a weakness to Fighting attacks, is not so good in the face the common fighting type attacks in VGC. However, it gets access to many somewhat hard hitting physical moves, and Thick Fat ability is probably one of the best abilities it can abuse the best in VGC. Snorlax also has a low base 30 speed, so using successfully to maximize his effectiveness, use of under Trick Room is nearly a must. </p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Return is to utilize one of Snorlax's strongest STAB attacks, with a maximum power of 102 (I'd just add this, idk if it's really necessary) not counting Double edge. Could be replaced by Frustration since it really doesn't matter much. Of course Earthquake is also a very good good option for this slot to hit Steel types that resist Return hard. that may only take neutral damage from Superpower. Hits harder against Bulky steels under rain than Fire punch ever will. Earthquake is just a good spread move to abuse in VGC, but be careful to try not to hurt team mates when using this. Crunch is there to take care of threats like common Ghosts or Psychic types, such as Cresselia and Jellicent who tend to be nightmares for any Trick Room team with the ability to set up TR and change the game around for you. (Don't really understand that sentence so I'll just leave it alone :S) I find Fire Punch is pretty useful if it's being used against hail threats and preventing this set from being walled by Metagross, Bronzong, and whatever else it can't hit super effectively with its other moves. Because this is VGC, Protect is a staple in like everything. You can do so many things with Protect, it's just the swiss army knife of VGC Pokemon. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The item is for the more in more of a choice of When choosing the item for Snorlax to use, you must ask yourself the question: do I want to live longer or kill harder? It all comes down to personal preference. But Here are some useful calcs to show some common instances where Chople Berry is useful with the EV set:</p>

<li>252Atk lvl 50 Hitmontop (+Atk) Close Combat vs 12HP/60Def Chople Berry Thick Fat lvl 50 Snorlax (Neutral): 49% - 58% (118 - 139 HP).</li>
<li>252Atk Fight Gem lvl 50 Hitmontop (+Atk) Close Combat vs 12HP/60Def Chople Berry Thick Fat lvl 50 Snorlax (Neutral): 74% - 87% (177 - 208 HP).</li>
<li>252Atk lvl 50 Terrakion (Neutral) Close Combat vs 12HP/60Def Chople Berry Thick Fat lvl 50 Snorlax (Neutral): 55% - 65% (132 - 156 HP)</li>
<li>252Atk Fight Gem lvl 50 Terrakion (Neutral) Close Combat vs 12HP/60Def Chople Berry Thick Fat lvl 50 Snorlax (Neutral): 83% - 98% (198 - 234 HP).</li>
</ul>

<p>So Chople Berry definitely makes itself useful by allowing Snorlax to survive almost anything Terrakion can throw at it, which can be pretty cool to survive, but you wouldn't really be able to do much to KO if you lack Superpower (Did you mean to say Earthquake? I don't see Superpower on the set...). EVs are to keep as much Bulk as possible. Becuase Snorlax's HP is large, it needs little investment, while Attack EVs are there to ensure it hits as hard as possible. Defense EVs help while taking some Fighting-type hits if you have Chople Berry. Special Defense EVs ensure it survives things like Zapdos' or Thundurus' (apostrophe) Thunderbolts. Brave nature is to optimize attacking power while lowering Speed to work better in Trick Room. 0 Speed IVs are there to ensure you're as "fast" as possible under Trick Room. I find In VGC, Thick Fat is far more useful to use than Snorlax's other ability, Immunity. Toxic is not as common in VGC as in other metagames, while Thick Fat helps resist common attacks like Heat Wave and Blizzard, though watch for burns and freezes when switching out into these moves.
</p>

Team Options & Additional Comments

<p>Ghost-types are very welcome on your team for their immunity to sponge potential KO Fighting-type moves. Trick Room, as said before, is a must for Snorlax to function properly. Counters mainly consist of Pokemon that can either prevent Trick Room or remove it from the field. Pokemon with the Telepathy ability can make decent partners for Snorlax, so he can fire off moves like Earthquake and Selfdestruct without the worry of hurting your partner. Musharna is a great partner with this ability and it can supply Helping Hand support. Cresselia can do the same except for be on the field for Selfdestruct (I think? Don't really know what that sentence is about). Psychic-types in general can make excellent partners for Snorlax, such as He makes great use of being paired with things like Reuniclus, Musharna, or Cresselia. They all can set up TR for Snorlax, and each can proceed to do many other things to help Snorlax out. Like as said before, Cresselia and Musharna can give Helping Hand support to Snorlax, while Reuniclus can help Snorlax take down the other team once Trick Room is up. All three of them can hit the annoying Fighting types for super effective damage with a good Psychic attack from any of them. Most Ghost types who can provide the same Helping Hand + Trick Room support have a tough time taking out Psychic types, probably one of the main reasons to use Psychic support over ghost support. Things like Follow Me and Rage Powder users are nice to have so they can absorb or weaken strong Fighting-type blows that could potentially KO Snorlax. Good users of these moves would be things like Amoonguss, Parasect, or Togekiss because they all can do this job very well. </p>

[Other Options]

<p>Superpower is nice option to get some KOs against Steel and Rock types that it can deal super effective damage to, and also nice to get KOs on other Snorlax who don't have much investment in defense. Sitrus Berry could be a viable item to chose to get quick recovery after taking hits, or get HP back after you use Belly Drum. Although set up in VGC may tend to cost you some of the time, if you can predict your opponent double protecting (maybe capitolized? I'm not sure) to stall out Trick Room, you can use Belly Drum then and go in for a KO next turn. Selfdestruct is a very powerful move that Snorlax gets STAB on bonus, and combined with Normal Gem boost, you can nearly always get a KO on Pokemon who don't either resist it, who aren't immune to it, or use Protect when predicting it. Body Slam can be used as a good STAB to replace Return, and with the possibility of paralysis can be useful. Chesto Berry + Rest is an option for Snorlax to run so he can regain full health mid game and survive longer. </p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>In this Metagame, one of the most common types to see being used is Fighting. This is a major problem that keeps Snorlax from getting several kills. Chople Tyranitar can be a problem, especially if it carries Low Kick or Superpower, since the best Snorlax can throw at it is Superpower of its own (But Superpower isn't there? Not sure if this is my place or not). And after using Superpower to get rid of the Chople berry, you have pretty much nothing else to throw at Tyranitar and he can KO back with his own Superpower. Metagross is a pain to deal with even with Earthquake and Trick Room set up. </p>

[Dream World]

<p>Snorlax gets Gluttony from the Dream World. Snorlax doesn't have many options for ability choices, and Gluttony is far from being the best choice to use. When this ability is released, I don't see it doing much to help Snorlax bar the usage of the released pinch berries The only thing it could possibly be used for is the unreleased Pinch Berries, but even then Thick Fat would be a better option with its handy resistances to Fire and Ice.</p>
My first amateur GP check, probably a few mistakes there.

Shame That

TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE IT
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gato, I obviously must not have made myself clear enough.. I reserved the GP check on this. Also, you missed quite a fair amount of errors. Sorry, but I'm askin the OP not to implement that.

This is partly my fault for not being clear enough, but I wasn't expecting this. Sorry Gato.

Biosci

Danger!?
Gato, I obviously must not have made myself clear enough.. I reserved the GP check on this. Also, you missed quite a fair amount of errors. Sorry, but I'm askin the OP not to implement that.

This is partly my fault for not being clear enough, but I wasn't expecting this. Sorry Gato.
Okay I'll wait for your check. Sorry Gato =[ Thanks for the check when it's done Shame That =D

Shame That

TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE IT
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
REMOVE ADD COMMENTS

[Overview]

<p>Snorlax instantly appeals as a powerful defensive Pokemon, boasting has natural bulky build with 165/65/110 165 / 65 / 110 Defenses. Though the physical bulk is to be desired. However, weakness to fighting Fighting-type attacks, accompanied by this low physical bulk, is not so good in the face leaves Snorlax as easy prey to the common fighting type Fighting-type attacks in VGC. But do not fear; Snolrax has It gets access to many somewhat hard hitting physical moves.,[Remove Period / Add Comma] and its ability in Thick Fat ability is probably the best ability it can abuse the best in VGC. Snorlax also has an extremely It has a low base 30 speed,[Add Comma] and while this may seem a terrible weakness, it can be abused to no end when under Trick Room. Remember to play to Snorlax's strengths, and you will find it tearing up the opponents team in no time so using successfully under Trick Room is nearly a must.[REMOVE SPACE]</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is intended for use under Trick Room, where Snorlax can outspeed and tear through most any frail opponent. Return is used to utilize one of it's Snorlax's strongest stabs not counting STABs, excluding Double edge. Could be replaced by Frustration since it really doesn't matter much. Of course Earthquake is a prime choice for the second slot, very good good option for this slot to hit harder against Steel types dealing solid damage to Steel-types that may only take neutral damage from Superpower that resist Return, as well as being a spread move [Dude, what? Superpower hasn't even been mentioned on this set.]. Hits harder against Bulky steels under rain than Fire punch ever will. [Fire Punch is slashed with Crunch, so they could go on the same set, ergo there is no reason to mention Fire Punch there.] Earthquake is just a good spread move to abuse in VGC. Though However, be careful to try notto hurt team[Remove Space]mates when using this. Crunch is there to helps Snorlax to defeat common Ghost- and Psychic-type threats such as Cresselia and Jellicent. try and kill threats like common Ghosts or Psychic types, like Cresselia and Jellicent who This is because these Pokemon tend to be nightmares for any Trick Room team,[Add Comma] as they have with the ability to set up a Trick Room of their own, TR and change the game around for you effectively ruining Snorlax's chance of outpacing its opponents [This is what you meant, right?]. I find Fire Punch pretty can be useful if it's being used against hail threats,[Add Comma] and preventing this set from being walled by while helping Snorlax defeat opponents that resist or are immune to its other attacks, such as Metagross, Bronzong, or what ever others it can't hit super effectively with other moves [I'm fairly sure Metagross is hit by Earthquake..]. Protect is there due to the fact that this is VGC, protect is a staple in like everything. You can do so many things with Protect, it's just the swiss army knife of VGC pokemon. Protect is used in the fourth slot as a multipurpose move; it can allow Snorlax to stall to some extent, aid against Fake Out users, and scout [You should be giving actual reasons].[REMOVE SPACE]</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The item is for the more in more of a choice of, do I want to live longer or die harder? Your choice really. The item of choice here comes down to personal preference; But however, here are some useful calculations, to showing some common instances where Chople Berry is useful with the given EV spread set:</p>

</ul>

<p>So Therefore, Chople Berry is definitely gets uses out of surviving an excellent item choice, letting Snorlax survive almost anything Terrakion can through throw at it, which can be pretty cool to survive, but you wouldn't really be able to do much to KO if you lack Superpower. The given EVs are used to gain Snorlax are to keep as much bulk as possible. Snorlax's HP stat is large and needs little investment. The Attack EVs ensure to are used to let Snorlax hit as hard as possible. The Defense EVs help with taking some fighting type hits Fighting-type attacks, if you have Snorlax is using a Chople berry. The Special Defense EVs ensure it help Snorlax against survives things like Zapdos or Thundurus thunderbolt specially based attacks, such as a Thunderbolt from Zapdos or Thundurus. A Brave nature is used to optimize Attacking power Snorlax's Attack stat,[Add Comma] along with while lowering Speed.[Add Comma] In conjunction with 0 Speed IVs, Snorlax becomes as potent in Trick Room as possible. to work better in trick room. 0 IVs in speed are obvious to add to this to ensure your as fast as possible under trick room. I find Snorlax's ability also comes down to preference; Thick Fat to be way more useful to use over Snorlax's other ability, Immunity. Thick Fat gives Snorlax resistances to Fire- and Ice-type attacks, such as Heat Wave and Blizzard, helps resist common Heat Wave and Blizzard, though watch for burns and freezes when switching out into these moves whilst Immunity stops Snorlax from becoming Poisoned. Thick Fat is usually the superior option, though watch out for being Burned or Frozen from these typed attacks.[REMOVE SPACE]</p>

team options / specific counters [What is this I don't even..]
[REMOVE SPACE]
<p>Ghost-type Pokemon act as great support to Snorlax, as they are able to switch in and is very welcome to sponge potential KO fighting type Fighting-type moves that could potentially KO Snorlax. Trick Room, as like said before, is a must for Snorlax to function properly. Counters mainly consist of Anti-Trick room mons that can either prevent Trick room or set it back down. Pokemon with the Telepathy ability can make decent partners for Snorlax, so he can allowing him to fire off moves like Earthquake and Self-Destruct without worry of hurting your his partner. Musharna is a great partner with this ability,[Add Comma] while also being able to and it can supply Helping Hand support. Cresselia can do the same except for be on the field for Self-Destruct. Just In fact, psychic types Psychic-type Pokemon in general can make excellent partners for Snorlax. He makes great use of being paired with things like Pokemon such as Reuniclus, Musharna, and Cresselia.;[Remove Period / Add Semicolon] they all can set up TR Trick Room for Snorlax, and each can proceed to do many other things something extra to help Snorlax out. Like said before, Cresselia and Musharna can give provide Helping Hand support to for Snorlax, while Reuniclus can help Snorlax take down the other opponent's team once Trick Room is up. All three of them can hit annoying fighting types Fighting-type for super effective damage with a good Psychic-type STAB attack from any of them. Most ghost types Ghost-types who can provide the same helping hand+trick room Helping Hand and Trick Room support have a tough time taking out Psychic-[Add Hyphen]types, probably one of the main reasons to use Psychic-type support over ghost Ghost-type support. Things like Pokemon that can use moves such as Follow Me and Rage Powder users are nice to have,[Add Comma] so as they can absorb strong fighting type Fighting-type blows that could potentially KO Snorlax. Capable users of these moves would be things like Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Parasect, or Togekiss because they all can do this job very well.[REMOVE SPACE]</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Superpower is nice option for scoring to get some KOs against steel and rock types that it can deal super effective damage to most Steel- and Rock-types, as well as opposing Snorlax who don't invest heavily in Defense. Also nice to get a KO on other Snorlax who don't have much investment in defense. Sitrus Berry could be a viable item to chose to get for gaining instant quick recovery after taking some hits, or getting HP back after you use using Belly Drum. Although set up in VGC may tend to cost you some of the time setting up in VGC can be dangerous, if you can predict your opponent double Protecting to stall out Trick Room,[Add Comma] You Snorlax can use Belly Drum then and go in for a KO on the next turn. Self-Destruct is a very powerful move that Snorlax can luckily take use in Stab gains a STAB bonus in. Combined with Normal Gem boost, you can nearly always get a KO on Pokemon who don't eitherresist it, be immune to it have immunities to it, or use Protect when predicting it. Body Slam can be used as a good stab STAB to replace Return, and with the possibility of paralysis can be useful. Chesto Berry+Rest is an option for Snorlax to run can be used with Rest, so he can letting Snorlax regain full health mid game and survive longer.[REMOVE SPACE]</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>In this Metagame, one of the most common types to see being used is Fighting-types. These typed Pokemon can be huge problems for Snorlax, often stopping his sweeping short and outright destroying him with their super effective STAB moves. This is a major thorn in keeping Snorlax in to get kills. Chople Berry Tyranitar can be a problem, especially if it carries Low Kick or Superpower, since the best Snorlax can throw at it is Superpower. And Even worse, after using Superpower to get rid of the Chople berry, you have Snorlax has pretty much nothing else to throw at Tyranitar,[Add Comma] who can then KO Snorlax and he can KO back with his own Superpower. Metagross is a pain to deal with,[Add Comma] even with Fire Punch and Trick Room set out up.[REMOVE SPACE]</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Snorlax gets Gluttony from the DW. Snorlax doesn't have the best options for ability choices, and Gluttony is far from being the best choice to use is no exception. When this ability is released, I don't see it doing probably won't do much to help Snorlax bar the usage of when using the released pinch berries. Even then with the current ones we have, it isn't very good. </p>
Whew, done. Sorry for the dramas back there.

Now, while you had solid information here, most of the prose was quite lacking in quality, so I had to change it up a bit. You did a good job overall, just work on the sentence structure and the casual tone.

IT'S FINALLY 1/2

Biosci

Danger!?
REMOVE ADD COMMENTS

Whew, done. Sorry for the dramas back there.

Now, while you had solid information here, most of the prose was quite lacking in quality, so I had to change it up a bit. You did a good job overall, just work on the sentence structure and the casual tone.

IT'S FINALLY 1/2
Alright thank you, most of the comments are regarding stupid things I forgot to take out when fixing up the set during QC, sorry if it messed you up a bit :L Check implemented. Thanks for my check and stamp, hopefully I can have this finished sometime tomorrow :D

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

That's my fault...although, that comment was posted JUST as I was writing the check...sorry about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)