Don't let that jellyfish spin!

Would people rather see an OU warstory or warstories from lower tiers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello all, and welcome to what is my third warstory on these forums! I've got bored of OU as I, well...suck at it compared to ubers. So I threw together an ubers team; originally I had a Resttalk mono-attacking Kyogre instead of Giratina-O, but found it to be underwhelming, and also found myself getting into trouble with Groudons. I've been laddering for a few days now and am hovering around the 40 mark on the PO ladder and somewhere just inside the top 100 on the Smogon ladder. So, without further ado, let's continue...

Battle between Bug Roast and Mango started!

Tier: Standard Ubers
Mode: Singles
Variation: +11, -21
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Here is the replay for this battle: http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Mango-vs-Bug-Roast--2011-12-21

Mango's team:

Bug Roast's team:

As you can see from the teams, my team is fairly balanced, and aims towards setting up hazards with Ferrothorn, punching holes in the opposition with Mewtwo and Darkrai and thus paving the way for my extremekiller Arceus to annihilate the remainder of the opponent's team. I have fallback options in Dialga and Giratina-O; Dialga is my go-to man in a sticky situation as I run the Bulk Up set with Outrage as my only move. With full Special Defense and HP investment, this thing can set up on a large portion of the uber tier, and unless the opponent has a Perish Song Arceus left when Dialga is the last Pokémon, it can be nigh impossible to take down, bar a crit.

100% vs
100%

Mango sent out Arceus!
Bug Roast sent out Mewtwo!
Mewtwo is exerting its Pressure!

From team preview I see he has Tentacruel in his lead position, and I also see that the rest of his team won't enjoy taking a hit from Mewtwo, so that is what I choose to lead off with. As it turns out, he sends in Arceus. I usually assume that all normal Arceus are the extremekiller sets, as people usually save the defensive roles for better typings like steel. First rule of Pokémon battles: never assume! Anyway, I don't want to let this thing set up in my face and threaten my team, and I can 2HKO it with Aura Sphere (I run a Life Orb Mewtwo with max speed), while I should just about live the +2 Extremespeed at 90%.

Start of turn 1
Mango called Arceus back!
Mango sent out Kyogre!

The foe's Kyogre's Drizzle made it rain!
Mewtwo used Aura Sphere!
The foe's Kyogre lost 29% of its health!
Mewtwo is hurt by its Life Orb!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Kyogre restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

90% vs
77%

That turn didn't turn out disastrously for me as I have now scouted the type of Kyogre he has (defensive) and done a little number of damage to it. I run Thunder on my Mewtwo, but thinking about how much Aura Sphere did, I can't be certain Thunder will take down this bloated whale at 77%, and the last thing I want is for my Mewtwo to get swamped by a Surf/Scald or paralysed with TWave, so I switch to Dialga to scout a bit, as it does not mind anything Kyogre can throw at it.

Start of turn 2
Bug Roast called Mewtwo back!
Bug Roast sent out Dialga!

Dialga is exerting its Pressure!
The foe's Kyogre used Scald!
It's not very effective...
Dialga lost 66 HP! (16% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Dialga restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

90% vs
83%

It goes for Scald which means it probably doesn't run TWave, and could potentially be a mono-attacking CM Kyogre, just like the one I used to run! However, Dialga thrives on these types of sets and can set up right in its face. Although he has a Ferrothorn, I would think he is unlikely to switch it in to Dialga as they can commonly carry a fire move or Aura Sphere, so I will Bulk Up to scout his switch in.

Start of turn 3
Mango called Kyogre back!
Mango sent out Ferrothorn!

Dialga used Bulk Up!
Dialga's Attack rose!
Dialga's Defense rose!

Rain continues to fall!

96% +1 Atk, +1 Def vs
100%

Well, shit. He sends in his Ferrothorn and given my only attacking move is Outrage my Dialga is going to turn tail and retreat. I predict him here to set up SR, as everyone loves to get it up nice and early in the game. This gives me a free switch to Darkrai who threatens Ferrothorn and can switch the momentum in my favour.

Start of turn 4
Bug Roast called Dialga back!
Bug Roast sent out Darkrai!

The foe's Ferrothorn used Leech Seed!
Darkrai was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!
Darkrai's health is sapped by leech seed.

87% vs
100%

Well that didn't quite go to plan, but it's not a disaster at least. I can still threaten him with Dark Void and Focus Blast, or incapacitate a switch by putting it to sleep. So without a moment's hesitation I click Dark Void!

Start of turn 5
The foe's Ferrothorn used Protect!
The foe's Ferrothorn protected itself!

Darkrai used Dark Void!
The foe's Ferrothorn protected itself!

Rain continues to fall!

75% vs
100%

...aaand this is why I hate Ferrothorn (but still use it, cos seriously, it's too good to pass up). I have now pointlessly lost 25% of Darkrai's health to a few saplings attached to me. Even so, I am still in a better position than him with this match up, and it would be too big a risk for him to take to chance on the 50(?)% of the second Protect, so Dark Void it is again.

Start of turn 6
Mango called Ferrothorn back!
Mango sent out Kyogre!

Darkrai used Dark Void!
The foe's Kyogre fell asleep!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Kyogre has bad dreams!

62% vs
83% (Zzzz)

Hmm. Him switching in his Kyogre to take the Dark Void really gets me thinking that he is a RestTalk whale. So if that's the case, with my Darkrai being leeched as we speak and Life Orb recoil + potential rain-boosted Scald damage, this is not where I want to be right now. If he is the mono version, my Ferrothorn should have no trouble going along its merry way and setting up hazards. There is no point me switching in Dialga here as then he would just go back to Ferro and we'd be back to square 1. Arceus is an option but won't enjoy the potential burn from Scald, and Giratina-O would be beaten 1 on 1 by a RestTalk variant, barring a crit. Go forth, seedling!

Start of turn 7
Bug Roast called Darkrai back!
Bug Roast sent out Ferrothorn!

Mango called Kyogre back!
Mango sent out Palkia!

The foe's Palkia is exerting its Pressure!
Rain continues to fall!

100% vs
100%

Interesting. He double switches into his Palkia, completely outpredicting me and now the momentum is in his favour. I am still none the wiser about his Kyogre's set which is a bit annoying. However, my Ferrothorn is packed with special defense EVs, so I am 99.4354% certain I can live to last through whatever this lord of space packs in its locker. Every Palkia and its mother is scarfed, so TWave seems like the most sensible option to render it as useless as a custard sword for the rest of the match, and at the worst I cripple a switch in.

Start of turn 8
Mango called Palkia back!

Ferrothorn used Thunder Wave!
The foe's Ferrothorn is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Rain continues to fall!

100% vs
100% (Para)

Meh, pity I didn't take that Palkia out of commision, but paralysis on any Pokémon is never a bad thing as they have a 25% chance of not attacking each turn. I've seen Tentacruel in his ranks so I know he packs a Rapid Spinner (come on, why else would you run Tentacruel?!), but I also have a spinblocker that can set the fuck up in Tentacruel's face, so I have no reason not to use SR now.

Start of turn 9
Ferrothorn used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Mango's team!

The foe's Ferrothorn used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Bug Roast's team!

Rain continues to fall!

100% vs
100%

I always chuckle to myself at turns where both players do exactly the same thing. But alas, rocks are up on both sides of the field, and unfortunately the ones on my side will remain there for the course of the match; more fool me for not having a Spinner. He isn't going to use Leech Seed now I am certain of that, and I predict that he will switch into Tentacruel to spin away my rocks. Well guess what? I have a Giratina-O that can set up in its face!

Start of turn 10
Bug Roast called Ferrothorn back!
Bug Roast sent out Giratina-O!
Pointed stones dug into Giratina-O!

Mango called Ferrothorn back!
Mango sent out Giratina-O!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Giratina-O!

Rain continues to fall!

87% vs
87%

Clearly he had the same idea as me. Oh look! Another turn where both players do the same thing *chuckles to self*. But my Giratina-O doesn't really run a lot of speed and isn't going to do a lot with an unboosted Dragon Pulse. It also is going to take a lot from a potential Outrage, Shadow Ball or Draco Meteor if he is an offensive version, even if I do get a Calm Mind up. Given that he is running a rain team, I feel it unlikely for him to be carrying HP fire (Aura Sphere would do more in the rain anyway, but still only a 3HKO on my Ferro I believe), and so that would be the best switch in right now, as I can get more hazards up.

Start of turn 11
Bug Roast called Giratina-O back!
Bug Roast sent out Ferrothorn!
Pointed stones dug into Ferrothorn!

The foe's Giratina-O used Dragon Tail!
The attack of the foe's Giratina-O missed!

Rain continues to fall!
Ferrothorn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

100% vs
87%

Switch goes according to plan; a bit unlucky for him with the Dragon Tail miss but that's minor hax so we can deal with that. That makes me think he is running a defensive set - possibly RestTalk with WoW. So that in turn means he can do fuck all to my Ferro apart from take a 75% chance to burn it while I pepper his side of the field with Spikes. I don't really care much about the burn as I have other ways of dealing with his Kyogre, and that's all people run Power Whip for, right?

Start of turn 12
The foe's Giratina-O used Will-O-Wisp!
Ferrothorn was burned!

Ferrothorn used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Mango's team!

Rain continues to fall!
Ferrothorn is hurt by its burn!

94% (Brn) vs
87%

Success (sort of): he doesn't switch, but I also acquire a burn. But like I said, it doesn't really matter, and in the long run the hazards are going to help me a lot more than Ferrothorn having its Attack halved is going to hinder me. I see no reason not to keep stacking these bitches on him, so once again I click Spikes.

Start of turn 13
Mango called Giratina-O back!
Mango sent out Tentacruel!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Tentacruel!
The foe's Tentacruel is hurt by spikes!

Ferrothorn used Spikes!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Tentacruel's Rain Dish heals it!
The foe's Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

87% (Brn) vs
87%

Ah, so we finally see his poisonous aquatic friend. Given that I have just put such time and effort into layering Spikes, it would seem like such a waste to let him come in and simply spin them away, especially given that all I can do in return is paralyse him or do about a net 15% (after Leftovers and Rain Dish) with my burnt Power Whips, I think Giratina-O is an appropriate switch here, as it walls Tentacruel unless it is packing Toxic; even Ice Beam isn't going to break my subs.

Start of turn 14
Bug Roast called Ferrothorn back!
Bug Roast sent out Giratina-O!
Pointed stones dug into Giratina-O!

The foe's Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Bug Roast's team!

Rain continues to fall!

75% vs
100%

Toxic Spikes are...mildly annoying to me, as that will cut short Arceus, Darkrai and Mewtwos' lives drastically and make it difficult for them to attempt sweeps later in the match. Howver, my hazards are still intact which was the reason for me switching Giratina-O in, so all is not negative! I am also in a favourable position offensively as he cannot scratch me.

Start of turn 15
The foe's Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Bug Roast's team!

Giratina-O used Substitute!
Giratina-O made a substitute!
Tantalum is watching the battle.

Rain continues to fall!

50% vs
100%

We have a spectator to watch Giratina-O set up all over this ugly bitch. Second layer of Toxic Spikes are up but not much I can do about that, and I have a Sub up so I'm winning! Let's start stacking those boosts! Flee you hapless jellyfish; flee for your sorry life!

Start of turn 16
Mango called Tentacruel back!
Mango sent out Arceus!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Arceus!
The foe's Arceus is hurt by spikes!

Giratina-O used Calm Mind!
Giratina-O's Sp. Att. rose!
Giratina-O's Sp. Def. rose!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Arceus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

50% +1 SpA, +1 SpD vs
76%

His Tentacruel flees and his Arceus comes in. I still don't know what set it is running, but seeing Leftovers makes me think it is defensive, though you can never be too sure, as I run Leftovers on my Arceus for longevity. Remember, never assume! Anyway if he is offensive the worst he can do by my reckoning is use Shadow Claw which will barely take out my Rhydon doll, and a +1 Aura Sphere should at the very worst 2HKO him from here, so Aura Sphere it is.

Start of turn 17
The foe's Arceus used Perish Song!
All Pokémon hearing the song will faint in three turns!

Giratina-O used Aura Sphere!
It's super effective!
The foe's Arceus lost 59% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Arceus's perish count fell to 3.
Giratina-O's perish count fell to 3.

50%, +1 SpA, +1 SpD vs
23%

Are you actually kidding me? Perish Song? Why does that damned move have to hit through Subs?! If it didn't I would be on my way to a 6-0 sweep here as over half his team can't break my Sub before they get sent to the abyss by the appropriate move. As it happens, I am now staring down the barrel as Aura Sphere didn't KO him and being a defensive Arceus he is bound to pack Recover which means he can stall me out with Perish Song. Shit.

Start of turn 18
The foe's Arceus used Recover!
The foe's Arceus regained health!

Giratina-O used Dragon Pulse!
The foe's Arceus lost 52% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Arceus's perish count fell to 2.
Giratina-O's perish count fell to 2.

50%, +1 SpA, +1 SpD vs
27%

Must have either got a really low damage roll with Aura Sphere or really high with Dragon Pulse, as an effectively 120 power move did 52% whereas a 180 power move did 59%, hmm. However, we are both on a time limit to do something (switch), and neither of us are giving an inch of space as to who is going to back down first. But my Giratina-O doesn't flee that easily; it is going nowhere.

Start of turn 19
Mango called Arceus back!

The foe's Tentacruel lost 63% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Giratina-O's perish count fell to 1.

50%, +1 SpA, +1 SpD vs
20%

Hmm, Arceus is out of here and Tentacruel is in, coming oh so close to dying on the switch. I'm in a bit of a pickle here; I have SR and two layers of Spikes up, which naturally I don't want to lose. But I also have a Giratina-O still on 50% health which I also, naturally, don't feel like losing. But switching would mean that he is able to Rapid Spin, and his Arceus cannot switch in again into these hazards on its current health. Instead I choose to opt for oblivion and keep my hazards up and pressure Tentacruel.

Start of turn 20
The foe's Tentacruel used Protect!
The foe's Tentacruel protected itself!

Rain continues to fall!
Giratina-O's perish count fell to 0.
Giratina-O fainted!

5-6
Bug Roast sent out Mewtwo!
Pointed stones dug into Mewtwo!
Mewtwo was poisoned!

Mewtwo is exerting its Pressure!

0% +
77% (Psn) vs
32%

Except those things always carry Protect, and hindsight is a wonderful thing. The first KO of the match is on my side. But all is not lost - I still have my hazards up, his Tentacruel can barely switch in again and my Mewtwo is looking meaner than ever, ready to pound something into the dirt. I go for the most powerful move my Mewtwo knows, Psystrike! AKA Blissey slayer.

Start of turn 21
Mango called Tentacruel back!
Mango sent out Palkia!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Palkia!
The foe's Palkia is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Palkia is exerting its Pressure!
Mewtwo used Psystrike!
The foe's Palkia lost 71% of its health!
The foe's Palkia fainted!
5-5

Rain continues to fall!
Mewtwo is hurt by poison!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Ferrothorn!
The foe's Ferrothorn is hurt by spikes!

61% (Psn) vs
0% +
76%

Well that turn went nicely! A threat to my team just got absolutely obliterated by that Psystrike and my Mewtwo is now facing off against a Ferrothorn that it carries a super effective move against. I've already seen Leech Seed, Protect and SR from his Ferro so I doubt it's carrying TWave, meaning the worst it can do is Leech Seed me and then Protect, either way he is going down.

Start of turn 22
Mewtwo used Aura Sphere!
It's super effective!
The foe's Ferrothorn lost 60% of its health!

The foe's Ferrothorn is paralyzed! It can't move!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Ferrothorn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

45% (Psn) vs
22%

He gets parahax which is a bit of a shame, but hey, you don't paralyse something just for it to sit there and never get fully paralysed! His Ferro is now a bit of a sitting duck and fairly useless at 22% health, so I expect him just to sac it here for the greater good, so Aura Sphere it is.

Start of turn 23
The foe's Ferrothorn is paralyzed! It can't move!

Mewtwo used Aura Sphere!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Ferrothorn lost 22% of its health!
The foe's Ferrothorn fainted!
5-4

Rain continues to fall!

17% (Psn) vs
0% +
2%

Unfortunate for it to strike twice in a row, as that would have racked up extra poison damage on my Mewtwo, but I doubt it would have made much difference in the end. He sends out his Tentacruel which hangs on by a tiny tentacle after hazards damage, and again I do not want to run the risk of losing my hazards, even though I can see the Protect coming a mile off, so I just go all out for the KO.

Start of turn 24

Mewtwo used Psystrike!

Rain continues to fall!
Mewtwo fainted!
4-4
Bug Roast sent out Arceus!
Pointed stones dug into Arceus!
Arceus was poisoned!

0% +
87% (Psn) vs
14%

As expected, he Protects and Mewtwo dies to the ever mounting poison damage. In goes Arceus, as on his side of the field I see: a Tentacruel that can't switch in again, a sleeping Kyogre on about half health after hazards, a Giratina-O on 75% after hazards, and his own Arceus which also can't switch in. To me this looks like the perfect situation to sweep! As my Arceus carries Shadow Claw not Brick Break, getting past Giratina-O shouldn't be too much hassle. Anyway, his Tentacruel can't switch in again so I decide to take the risk and go for the SD in the hope that he will switch, leaving him open to attack.

Start of turn 25

Arceus used Swords Dance!
Arceus's Attack sharply rose!

Rain continues to fall!
Arceus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Arceus is hurt by poison!

87%, +2 Atk vs
26%

That turn went even better than according to plan; free +2 Attack anyone?? Looks like he gambled on the chance of Protect working again to try and stall me out some more with poison, or maybe scout my moveset. Well, victory is mine now you stupid spinning jellyfish! It seems to make sense to go for Shadow Claw now, as he may switch in his Giratina-O on a predicted ES/EQ to try and stall for poison a bit more, and seeing as I outspeed Tentacruel, why not?

Start of turn 26
But it failed!

Arceus used Shadow Claw!
The foe's Tentacruel lost 26% of its health!
The foe's Tentacruel fainted!
4-3
Rain continues to fall!

81%, +2 Atk vs
0% +
75%

Tentacruel gets shattered according to plan, and out comes Gira to face the music. He is probably quaking right now and getting ready to say his 'gg' as Arceus storms majestically to victory. It's just a simple matter of Shadow Claw and then Extremespeed to cut his Kyogre in half.

Start of turn 27
Arceus used Shadow Claw!
It's super effective!
The foe's Giratina-O lost 50% of its health!

Arceus lost 84 HP! (20% of its health)
Pointed stones dug into Ferrothorn!
Ferrothorn was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!

61% +
75% (Brn) vs
25%

50% 50 fucking percent?! Is that all my Arceus with 372 attack and a +2 super effective move can muster against a Giratina-O? It's not even the Origin forme! Hell, that means that at +6 it would barely kill it. And to rub salt into the wounds, I've been phazed out into my Ferrothorn. Oh well, looks like this Giratina-O is gonna be a bitch to take down.

Start of turn 28
The foe's Giratina-O used Rest!
The foe's Giratina-O went to sleep and became healthy!

Ferrothorn used Thunder Wave!
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

69% (Brn) vs
100% (Zzzz)

Oh nononono. As I suspected earlier in the match, he is a RestTalk variant, and my Arceus is going to lose health fast enough through SR and poison without taking another Dragon Tail to the face. Looks like this match could be settled between Kyogre and Dialga.

Start of turn 29
The foe's Giratina-O is fast asleep!
The foe's Giratina-O used Sleep Talk!
The attack of the foe's Giratina-O missed!

Ferrothorn used Spikes!

Rain continues to fall!

63% (Brn) vs
100% (Zzzz)

Slightly annoying for him that his Dragon Tail misses and I get up another layer of Spikes that will hamper his Kyogre on the switch. Anyway it looks like he is intent on phazing, and so I just want to keep my Ferro in so he takes Iron Barbs damage and I get in one of my sweepers to threaten him.

Start of turn 30
It's not very effective...
Ferrothorn lost 36 HP! (10% of its health)
Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Giratina-O
Pointed stones dug into Dialga!
Dialga was dragged out!
Dialga is exerting its Pressure!

Rain continues to fall!

53% (Brn) +
96% vs
87% (Zzzz)

He gets his Dragon Tail through Sleep Talk which is fair considering the miss a turn ago, and I'm now in a favourable position with my Dialga able to Rest off any burns he might inflict on me. I decide to Bulk Up to try and lure him into the WoW so I can go to sleep and become immune to the burn.

Start of turn 31
The foe's Giratina-O woke up!
But it failed!

Dialga used Bulk Up!
Dialga's Attack rose!
Dialga's Defense rose!

Rain continues to fall!

100% +1 Atk, +1 Def vs
87%

Poor play on his part; he should know that Rest always lasts two turns and should have used WoW or Dragon Tail on that turn, but alas. Probably the first 'bad' play of the game. I'm now sitting pretty with my boosts, and it's time to Outrage his face into oblivion as he's probably going to phaze me.

Start of turn 32
Dialga was burned!

Dialga used Outrage!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Giratina-O lost 68% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Dialga is hurt by its burn!

94% +1 Atk, +1 Def (Brn) vs
19%

Dialga gets a burn, but then it dawns on me that he is not actually aware that I pack Rest on this thing, and so if Dialga ends up as my last Pokémon I should be able to set up on Gira/Kyogre. Dialga flattens Giratina-O with a crit, which I'm surprised didn't KO him, but then I remember that Giratina has a chance to survive an Adamant Choice Band Rayquaza Outrage at full health, and I'm not so surprised. It doesn't matter a huge amount anyway as he is faster than me and carries Rest, so the same result is going to happen.

Start of turn 33
The foe's Giratina-O used Rest!
The foe's Giratina-O went to sleep and became healthy!

Dialga used Outrage!
It's super effective!
The foe's Giratina-O lost 37% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Dialga is hurt by its burn!

100% +1 Atk, +1 Def (Brn) vs
63% (Zzzz)

As expected, he Rests up and my burnt Outrage doesn't do a whole lot to him. I don't have an option of what to do as I am locked in, and I doubt he is going to switch to his Kyogre to stomach an Outrage, so I await his next move.

Start of turn 34
Dialga lost 63 HP! (15% of its health)
Pointed stones dug into Darkrai!
Darkrai was poisoned!
Darkrai was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!
Darkrai is hurt by poison!
The foe's Giratina-O has bad dreams!

85% +
44% vs
50% (Zzzz)

He gets a Dragon Tail on his Sleep Talk which is good for him and my Dialga must return to its Poké Ball before attempting another sweep. But now things are looking up for me; my Darkrai can smear his Giratina-O with Dark Pulse and then do a good amount of damage to Kyogre. He is probably going to sac his Arceus to hazards here, which means I probably should go for Nasty Plot to seal this game, but I don't want him to predict that and Dragon Tail my Darkrai out. So I decide to play things safe and go for Dark Pulse as that can't end in disaster for me.

Start of turn 35
Mango called Giratina-O back!
Mango sent out Arceus!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Arceus!
The foe's Arceus is hurt by spikes!
The foe's Arceus fainted!
4-2
Darkrai used Dark Pulse!
But there was no target...

Rain continues to fall!
Mango sent out Kyogre!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Kyogre!
The foe's Kyogre is hurt by spikes!

32% vs
0% +
53%

Yes I really should have set up there, but oh well. Something is still going to feel the wrath of my Darkrai...I only hope he is not a RestTalk Kyogre. I don't want to set up here as Scald would surely deal with me at my current health, let alone poison damage, so I just go straight for Dark Pulse to deal respectable damage to him.

Start of turn 36
Darkrai used Dark Pulse!
The foe's Kyogre lost 33% of its health!
Darkrai is hurt by its Life Orb!

The foe's Kyogre is fast asleep!
The foe's Kyogre used Sleep Talk!
The foe's Kyogre used Rest!
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Kyogre has bad dreams!

2% vs
8% (Zzzz)

33% is decent enough, and now I can see a path to victory; I can get Dialga or Arceus in against his sleeping Giratina-O and scythe it down. Go, Dark Pulse!

Start of turn 37
Darkrai used Dark Pulse!
The foe's Kyogre lost 8% of its health!
The foe's Kyogre fainted!
Darkrai is hurt by its Life Orb!
Darkrai fainted!
3-1
Rain continues to fall!

Bug Roast sent out Arceus!
Pointed stones dug into Arceus!

49%(Psn)vs
37% (Zzzz)

I know a Shadow Claw won't kill him at his current health so I SD up, praying that he doesn't get Dragon Tail or this game will be harder. I get it fine and I am now in a winning position; I can cut him in half with Shadow Claw and the game is mine.

Start of turn 38
Arceus used Swords Dance!
Arceus's Attack sharply rose!

But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

49%, +2 Atk vs
37% (Zzzz)

He doesn't get Dragon Tail unfortunately for him, and it's now just a simple matter of scything him with Shadow Claw!

Start of turn 39
Arceus used Shadow Claw!
It's super effective!
The foe's Giratina-O lost 37% of its health!
The foe's Giratina-O fainted!
Bug Roast: gg

As expected, I fell the Giratina-O and the match is mine! While it was a slightly anti-climatic ending, I never felt in complete control throughout the match, and I think the most crucial turn was when he switched his Palkia into my Mewtwo and lost it, as given he was running a stall team, his best bet at taking down my Dialga as a last Pokémon was hammering it with strong special attacks, but it just wasn't to be. In the end, the killing of his Ferrothorn was important as well, as more hazards on my side of the field could have made things very different as my Darkrai and Arceus would not have lasted. And lastly, keeping those hazards up on his side of the field! Wearing down his Giratina-O and Kyogre was crucial, as well as as bringing his Palkia into KO range.

Props:

-
my opponent for using Tentacruel to good effect in Ubers
- Ferrothorn for setting up hazards all over his team
- Dialga for being so impregnable by stall teams

Slops:

- parahax at a few points
- Perish Song for working through Subs
- Arceus not being able to deal more than half with a +2 Shadow Claw to his Giratina-O

THE MVP

My Ferrothorn for setting up all those crucial hazards and walling a large portion of his team! Special mention for my Arceus as well, and also his Tentacruel for being so resilient.

Well that's the warstory guys, leave comments about how you thought it was!

Very good Warstory with unique fornat, it's good to see someone still have interest writing one when everyone prefer replay, clip and stuffs

I cant complain about anything in the WS, but about the poll, yes, we need more Uber WS too

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Pretty good. Although I can deal with the luck factor/misplays in most occurences, a few in this one slightly annoyed me (the second full paralysis on ferrothorn and kyogre using sleep talk when it was going to wake up). This was a decent warstory.

However, I suggest that you remove the comment where you said that your opponent's ferrothorn could have used spikes. It didn't have spikes in its movepool because it already had leech seed and stealth rock. It can't learn all three at the same time.

Pretty good. Although I can deal with the luck factor/misplays in most occurences, a few in this one slightly annoyed me (the second full paralysis on ferrothorn and kyogre using sleep talk when it was going to wake up). This was a decent warstory.

However, I suggest that you remove the comment where you said that your opponent's ferrothorn could have used spikes. It didn't have spikes in its movepool because it already had leech seed and stealth rock. It can't learn all three at the same time.
Removed the comment about the Spikes, thanks. Kyogre? Do you mean Giratina-O waking up?

1. I never knew perish song went past subs!
2.That tentacruel is awesome :P
3. Agreeing with the others that uber warstories are great to read there should be more. Also I enjoyed the way you wrote this warstory not to much information (good thing) but more then enough to understand your thought process and what was going on.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Very nice warstory, hamlunches! Great formatting and your commentary was effective in communicating your thought process. I especially liked how you kept the offensive pressure by letting your Giratina-O bite the dust from Perish Song. Although the opponent made some egregious misplays, this warstory was a great representation of an HO uber playstyle.

Well done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)