Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
little cup (pokemon stadium rules)
2x2 doubles
0 recovers/chills
1 day dq
Arena:
Arena: Silvan's Autoshop Gym
Field Type: Steel/Poison
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restrictions:
No Weather
Artificial Field
Limited Ceiling
No Digging
No Water Source

Description:
A simple Autoshop, a place where people take their cars to be serviced. Today bussiness is booming. With the exhaust of all the cars stinking up the room when the doors close, things can get pretty dangerous. Most cars are on the ground and can be used to hide behind, and can be destroyed with too much damage, but a few cars are aloft. A large area for battle has been crafted in the middle of the shop.

10% chance each turn for the large shop doors to open or close.
For each turn the doors are closed exhaust levels rise by 5% every turn and Poison type attacks get a 5% attack boost, capping at 25%.
The exhaust levels return to 0% when the doors open.
When exhaust levels reach 25%, Toxic becomes more potent and is able to effect steel type pokemon without acid corrosion, and effects all other pokemon except poison types, steel types, and pokemon with immunity with regular poison that goes away when exhaust levels return to 0%.
About 6 cars that can be used to Take Cover behind, or throw even, 3 small (class 3 size, Class 6 weight, 10 hp) 2 Medium (class 4 size, class 6 weight, 25 hp), and 1 large (class 4 size, class 7 weight, 40 hp)
Dropping my brawl challenge to fight this.

Switch=Derp
Items=No
Subs=1
Abilities=All

need to do a relatively quick match so:

2v2 NFE Doubles
DQ 1 Day
no Recover/1 Chill
Arena: Ref's Choice, although something interesting with much in the way of move restrictions would be nice

also training items at least please

2v2 Doubles (either it's a training match or you bring two middle-mons)
1 Day DQ
0 Recoveries/0 Chills
ASB Arena
Do not say training items only. If you want to use training items, I'm going to use my battle items.

2v2 Doubles (either it's a training match or you bring two middle-mons)
1 Day DQ
0 Recoveries/0 Chills
ASB Arena
Do not say training items only. If you want to use training items, I'm going to use my battle items.
Done.

Switch=Hammer Time
Items=On
Abilities=All

Yeah OK Doorknob, I'll have that one.

One ability, no switching or items. Also assuming standard recovery rules as you didn't specify.

need to do a relatively quick match so:

2v2 NFE Doubles
DQ 1 Day
no Recover/1 Chill
Arena: Ref's Choice, although something interesting with much in the way of move restrictions would be nice

also training items at least please
Accepting Ragnarokalex,

Abilities: all
Switch: NOO!
Items: 1 per side
RREEEEFFFFF!
I'll be taking this match. Send me your Pokemon gentlemen. For the arena, it's going to be the Tower of Heaven.

Music: Luna Ascension

The Tower of Heaven is an ancient structure that stretches deep into the clouds, the heavens, and far beyond. It is composed of a material similar to rock, but far more durable and nearly impossible to break. Most of the structure is open-air giving a good glimpse of the clear sky. Moss and other small plant life have grown on the outcropping on the rock-like material with small butterflies flying about. There are small streams and pools of water within the structure for Water attacks and Water Pokemon. The battle will take place within one of the many chambers of the tower.

All moves can be used within the Tower of Heaven. However, there is a catch. Within my hands is the Book of Laws. At the end of each round, I'll write down a new law. The laws restrict what attacks, actions, or commands you may or may not take in battle. Violation of any law in battle will still allow you to perform the command, however the offender will be struck down with a lightning bolt that deals 10 damage flat and ignores abilities, weakness, and resistance. The lightning bolt cannot be deflected, dodged, evaded, or otherwise blocked. It will hit the Pokemon behind a Substitute, find its way through Double Team, and will go through Wonder Guard. Pokemon that are immune to Electric attacks by ability or typing will still be struck down and will gain no benefit such as Motor Drive's Speed boost. Violation of multiple laws in an action will drop down multiple lightning bolts on the offender depending on how many laws they've broken in a given action.

For instance, Pikachu decides to use Thunderbolt on a Staryu. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Pikachu will be smote once for 10 damage. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt and all Electrical attacks, Pikachu will be hit twice for 20 damage. Finally, if I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Electrical attacks, and super-effective moves, Pikachu will be struck thrice for 30 damage.

If there's any questions or need clarification on anything, PM me.

Summary: All moves can be used initially, however new laws added in each round will restrict what commands can be used. Violation of any law will be penalized with a lightning bolt dealing 10 damage flat ignoring typing and abilities. Combatants can be penalized multiple times in an action.

Also I need refs for the three matches below me!

Since I have a free spot, another Flash Match please! =3

Battle type: 1v1 Singles
DQ Time: 1 Day
Healing: 2 recoveries/5 chills
Music: Deadmau5 - Raise Your Weapon
Arena: ASB Arena

Let's get it on. ;D
Let's do it, Wolfe.
Do you want to go FE or NFE?

One Ability
Switch=roflcopter
Items=Counter-Producing ones only.
Yay. :D

And I'll do NFE's this time around.
Also this one.
And this too.

Got a free slot sooooo

Open brawl
7vs7 NFE all out
3 day DQ
Infinte chillls and recoveries
Arena: Warioware or another arena we can discuss it. Just no asb arena

I SHALL KILL YOU WITH MY TINY POKEMON!

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Challenging Objection!

3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
Max 2 Recoveries & 5 Chills per Mon
Arena:

Arena basics:

• No weather or SolarBeam
  • No external water source
  • No natural elements (rocks, grass, etc.)
  • No digging
  • Seismic moves allowed

The pokemon are inside what looks like an evil villain's hideout. The actual arena is a bunch of treadmills set out in several rows. The walls on the sides of the arena have been marked at 10ft intervals and it is clear that the length of the treadmill arena is 100ft, not counting the spike pits at each end.

The key aspect of this arena is position, or more specifically, how far along the treadmills the pokemon are. The treadmills span positions from 1ft to 100ft, and the spike pits are at locations 0ft backwards and 101ft onwards. The treadmills go in the direction of the spike pit that they are closer to. Flying and levitating pokemon are not exempt from this as the gravity in this room is slightly intensified - not enough for the move Gravity's effect to happen, but enough to force flying and levitating pokemon to come to the ground briefly at the end of each action.

Detailed arena mechanics:

At the start of the battle, whoever sends out their mons first sends them out at the 50ft mark and whoever sends their mons out second sends theirs out at the 51ft mark.

At the end of every action, every pokemon will be pulled 1ft by the treadmills. For pokemon whose position is between 1ft and 50ft, subtract 1ft. For pokemon whose position is between 51ft and 100ft, add 1ft. In addition, all pokemon lose 1 energy as they try to stay away from the spike pits. However, if a pokemon chills, cools down after a combo, is under the effects of Ingrain or fails to act at all for any reason (including but not limited to flinch, sleep and full paralysis), the pokemon is pulled 5ft instead but loses no energy.

All direct damaging moves, in addition to doing damage, knock the target away from the user of the move. If the user and target are in the same position, the move knocks the target towards the nearest spike pit. The knockback component is equal to the BAP of the move (before all adjustments except Technician, the *0.75 for multi-target moves and multi-hit calculation) plus the user's attack or special attack rank minus double the target's weight class. The end result is rounded off to the nearest whole number using normal rounding rules, but the knockback component is always at least 0ft.
  • For example, a Modest Tomohawk's Hurricane against a Machamp has a knockback component of (12+5-2*5)=7ft.

In this arena, a pokemon may use the Run command for 5 energy to run to a particular position. The valid range of positions the pokemon can run to is its current position plus or minus 10% of its current speed (rounded to the nearest whole number).
  • For example, a neutral-nature Raticate at 20ft can run up to 10ft in either direction, so it can move to 10ft or 30ft or anywhere in between.
Two pokemon can share the same position - it can be assumed that in such a scenario the pokemon are at different points along the width of the arena. If a pokemon attempts to run to a position out of range, it will simply run as far as it can in that direction.
  • For example, if the aforementioned Raticate tries to run to 35ft, it will run to 30ft as that is as far as it can go.
The Run command cannot be Encored or disallowed by any moves at all, including Taunt, and it is not subject to the consecutive move penalty. However, a pokemon under the effects of Ingrain cannot use this command.

Contact moves can only be used if the user is close enough to the target. That is, the difference between the user and target's positions must be no greater than the user's size class.
  • For example, a Gliscor at 30ft can only use Acrobatics on an opponent whose position is between 27ft and 33ft.
However, when calculating the knockback for a contact move, multiply the move's BAP by 1.5. If a pokemon tries to use a contact move on an opponent not in range, that pokemon simply runs in the appropriate direction as far as it can or until its opponent is in range, whichever comes first. If the former, the pokemon expends 5 energy as if it had just used the Run command. If the latter, the pokemon expends 2 energy for the running and then uses the move as normal.
  • For example, let us suppose that the aforementioned Gliscor is Adamant. If it tries to use Acrobatics on an opponent at position 20ft, it has 95 speed so it can run (95/10)=9.5->10ft. However, it only needs to run to 23ft to be able to use the move, so it runs to 23ft, expending 2 energy, and then uses Acrobatics. The knockback of the move will be (11*1.5+4-2*Target's WC), rounded to the nearest whole number.
If a pokemon successfully uses U-Turn on an opponent out of its range, it immediately returns to the position it started at. In the Gliscor example, if it used U-Turn, it would travel to 23ft, use the move and then go back to 30ft. If a pokemon tries to use a contact move that has a random target (eg, Thrash), targets already in that pokemon's range will be given priority over targets that the pokemon can reach, and those will be given priority over further away ones.

Note: A pokemon under the effects of Ingrain cannot run at all.

Lastly, if a pokemon is pulled into a spike pit (ie, its position is not between 1ft and 100ft), it is KO'd immediately.

Let's do it!

Switch = OK (switched-in mons appear at the starting positions)
Items = All
Abilities = All

(EDIT: That was at Dogfish's challenge to me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)