Roaring Rapids (Peaked #28 on PO)

Hello there people! Since I've started playing competitively in OU earlier this year, I've always been obsessed with rain, even up until now. This team is no exception. Roaring Rapids, whose name is courtesy of a friend, has gotten me massive success on PO, even letting me climb to the first page of the ladder, before I got a tilt and fell down to 1328 thanks to several hours of non-stop playing. I've decided to retire this team for the time being, as I realized after losing so many points, that, after all, Pokemon is just a game. (OMG)

---

---

Changes are in Red. I've updated the Importable for each time I've made an edit.

Team Description:

Roaring Rapids is a balanced team built around the Scrotom core backed up by the defensive Rotom-W, Jirachi, Gliscor core, fashioned together with Latios and Politoed. Because these two cores share one Pokemon, I have more flexibility in the rest of my team, and thus I am able to create a more diverse team that is capable of playing both offensively and defensively when either is needed. Volt-turn combo extending through both of the main cores also allows me to constantly nab switch advantages at low risk while Latios offers powerful clean up, and is my favorite Pokemon in OU.

---

Team Building Process:

1. Ah, good old rain wouldn't be complete without Politoed. Thus Politoed was the founding member of the team, and probably why it came to be in the first place, though this can probably run just as fine in sand, after I switch a few moves and items. But screw that, Tyranitar looks pretty fugly, and I wasn't a fan of Godzilla anyways.

2. In the last six months or so of playing, I've found that Latios works very well in rain. Plus, he was one of my favorite Pokemon, so I added him with almost no hesitance. Latios offered both a check for opposing rain teams, as well as tremendous offensive power, packed in with a recovery move to improve longevity against sand teams. I used to have Thunder instead of Recover, but many of you advised me to change it. I was hesitant at first, but it's been a huge success for me since I've done it.

3. Rotom-W and Scizor come together like a package nowadays. The Scrotom core is so common I feel that I have very little need to explain it in detail; Rotom-W Volt Switches, and Scizor U-turns, each netting switch priority while covering eachother's weakness and posing as offensive threats when necessary.

4. Ferrothorn was the next member to be added, though it isn't on the final team. Ferrothorn was added because it was this magical little thorny Pokemon that made half of the offensive Pokemon out there cry. Ferrothorn in rain was like adding salt to a wound. No longer was its x4 fire weakness biting its butt as hard as before, and it also got Thunder for teh lulz, though one rarely sees it.

5. Above was the basic team I've been tweaking for the last month or so. It was pretty good in my opinion, solid at both offense and defense, and had full hazard support from just a single Pokemon. However, one Pokemon eventually started bugging me a lot: Celebi. Celebi was capable of single handedly smashing this team the moment it got up a Nasty Plot. HP Fire destroyed Scizor and Ferrothorn; Gigadrain / Leaf Storm killed Politoed and Rotom-W, all of whom either weren't fast enough to strike her, or couldn't do much back to her. Latios often had trouble stopping its rampage as the threat of Tyranitar coming in and pursuiting was always looming over my head when both, as they commonly were, were used on the same team. Lately, my basic plan for this was to use Rotom-W as a fodder - I would trick the scarf onto Celebi, locking it into whatever move, which made it x10000 easier to counter, as I now knew what move it would be locked into. Should Celebi get greedy and Gigadrain / Leafstorm Rotom-W, Scizor comes in to pursuit it for about 80 - 90% on average, weakening it severely the next time it comes in. However, the pay-off wasn't very good, as it was more often than not a double-down, and Rotom-W being a vital member of my team, would just go to waste trying to kill this one goddamn pixie. To patch up this Celebi problem, I thought about two Pokemon: Terrakion and Landorus. Terrakion had access to X-Scissor, and was at the same time a very good offensive teamate with Latios that could smash through opposing teams with aid of Volt-Switch and super powerful attack. Terrakion also provided a Dragonite and Volcarona check, if I chose to run scarf. Landorus, on the other hand, had access to U-turn, which really threatened Celebi, and also gained me momentum in the match. Additionally, Landorus + Rotom-W also forms a nice Volt-turning core, and neither were weak to Spikes or Toxic spikes. When testing both Pokemon in the last slot, both yielded nice results. I was indecisive. However, I don't know what happened, but I decided to replace Ferrothorn with Jirachi. I think it's because I realized that many of my team members were without good recovery moves, and well played stall quickly wore them down. Jirachi also provides a line of defense against Dragons, whose fire attacks in rain do very little. Thunder + Iron Head also kept many fast sweepers at bay.

Landorus or Terrakion?

[box]

Landorus
Pro's:
-Scarfed variants can check Volcarona and Dragonite
-Thicker line of defense against sand
-Good typing synergy with Rotom-W and Jirachi
-Kills Celebi

Con's:
-x4 Weak to Ice
-Scarf variants can often be easily played around
-Didn't contribute as much to team defense as I hoped it would

Terrakion
Pro's:
-Hits insanely hard with great STAB when using CB variant
-Scarf variants offer checks to Volcarona and Dragonite, and can revenge kill
-Kills Celebi

Con's:
-Gliscors walled Scarf variants
-Easy for misprediction
-Little room for error
-Stone Edge sucks
[/box]

6. One day, it suddenly occurred to me that there was a core called Rotom-W, Gliscor, Jirachi, that I had forgotten about for a long time. Since I knew from experience that Gliscor got U-turn as well, and it could patch up my team's weaker physical side, I decided to give Gliscor a spin. Gliscor not only completed the Rotom-W, Jirachi, Gliscor core that we all are /supposed to/ know about, it also acted as a mini Landorus with U-turn, completing the Rotom-W, Scizor, Gliscor Volt-turn core for offense when I needed it. To date, it's worked great.

---

Currently Testing:
THIS TEAM IS NOW RETIRED, NO MORE TESTING

[x]-Swords Dance > U-turn on Gliscor with modified EV Spread: [box] It may just be my playstyle, but after about two hours of playing, my alt utterly failed with SD Gliscor. Although Gliscor checks physical Pokemon such as Conkeldurr very nicely one-on-one, my opponent almost always had a Gliscor counter ready for nearly all the times I battled a Conkeldurr, or another threat that Gliscor could check. I did see a few Brelooms, which Gliscor dispatched easily much to my pleasure, in cases when the opponent did NOT switch to the Gliscor counter, namely Rotom-W. However, Breloom has not yet appeared enough to cause my team lots of nuisance. In the future, when Brelooms are, if they do, become more common, I'll go back to SD Glisc. [/box]
[x]-CB / Scarf Terrakion > Rotom-W: [box] The extra attacking power was very helpful, however, it was harder for me to kill things such as Starmie, and I was less effective at abusing rain. Terrakion killed Tyranitar and other weather starters nicely, especially sun, but Stone Edge, and even Rock Slide, were both not very reliable in the long run. I also had more trouble trying to counter more defensive sand cores with the scarf variant, and the banded version needed Stone Edge to do the job. [/box]
[]-CB / Scarf Terrakion > Latios:
[]-Specs > Scarf on Rotom-W: [box] Being able to hit hard with Rotom-W was very awesome, but losing the speed was not very good. Still needs more testing to confirm. [/box]
[]-Foretress > Jirachi: [box] Yielding nice results so far, need more testing to confirm. [/box]
[]-CM Latios / CM Latias:
[x]-(Physically) Defensive Politoed: [box] Burning Ferrothorn was fun, but it wasn't really worth it. [/box]
[]-Full U-turn based team:
[]-Focus Blast > Perish Song on Politoed:

---

The Team:

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf / Hydropump (Power vs Accuracy, your pick. The default in the importable is Surf.)
- HP [Grass]
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam

Politoed is the founding member of this team. It provides the almighty rain that this team doesn't even need that much, but appreciates quite a bit. The EV's allow me to maximize my speed, and outspeed Adamant Dragonite after a Dragon Dance. The reason why I came about to Scarf Toed, I forget, but it's fun to use. I'm still having trouble on deciding whether or not Scarf Toed, Specs Toed, Bulky Toed, or Specially Defensive Toed is more suitable for this team. But for the time being, it's Scarf. For the moveset, I chose Surf because it's far more reliable than Hydropump, and Hydropump has cost me a few important matches before, so I didn't want it ruining my chances this time.

Bulky Toed:

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Protect
- Perish Song
- Toxic

Both are good. Depends on your playstyle. This team is a balanced team afterall.

---

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover
- Psyshock

I originally had Thunder instead of Recover, and Expert Belt over Life Orb for surprising the opponent. However, once you start to ladder, people start to realize that you are indeed holding an Expert Belt >_>. After many of you suggested Recover > Psyshock, and Life Orb as an option, I decided to try it out, and it's worked great. Although I can't kill as many things I want to now, especially dat Gyarados with Thunder, but the overall longevity of Latios has dramatically increased, as has its offensive prowess. Draco Meteor is an all powerful STAB move that puts a dent into anything, and even has a slim chance of killing offensive DD Dragonite at full HP, as well as denting several other things. Rain boosted surf is very powerful. It's like another Draco, except one that didn't get the STAB. Surf handles a large range of Pokemon from CB Terrakion to Tyranitar (meh), as well as Heatran. Psyshock rounds off the moveset with physical coverage, and helps deal with Virizions that could otherwise make me sad, though Jirachi can easily flinch it to death.

---

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

CB Scizor. Not much to explain here. The EV's given allow him to outspeed most Standard Politoeds, which can help me in a pinch. The HP Sacrificed isn't very significant, but the ability to outspeed is greatly appreciated. Bullet Punch is near mandatory on all Scizors, and offers great STAB priority for cleaning up late game. U-turn for switch advantage. Pursuit has helped me numerous times on trapping and finishing off Lati@s that can be a problem for my own Latios, should it come down to a speed tie. Superpower rounds off the set, though I rarely use it. Scizor forms nice offensive synergy with Latios, Rotom-W, and Gliscor, each covering the others' weaknesses relatively well, and finishing off the threats.

Breloom

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Bulk Up
- Spore

Breloom was added later in place of Scizor. Both come at a trade off. Loom makes me less vunureable to opposing Volt-turn based teams. Both are great Pokemon that work well with this team and have good synergy type wise and playstyle wise. However, depending on who you choose, both come at a benefit and a cost.

[box]
Breloom
Pro's:
-Counters opposing Volt-turn
-Counters opposing Rain
-Breaks Ferro-Cent cores
-Status absorber
-Good typing and offensive synergy with rest of the team

Con's:
-Lack of priority on this team
-More Dragonite weak

Scizor
Pro's:
-Strong priority
-More momentum
-Good typing and offensive synergy with rest of the team
-Pursuit traps are helpful

Con's:
-Hazards quickly rack up
-Weak to Ferrocent
-Magnezone; pressured to U-turn and rack up damage
[/box]

SD Scizor

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 96 HP / 136 Atk / 252 SDef / 24 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

SD U-turn Scizor was also used when I thought about whether or not there was a way to maintain momentum while maintaining Scizor's killing ability. This set enhances special defense while allowing +2 Bullet Punch to ensure KO on standard Scarf Landorus after rocks damage.

[box]
SD Scizor
Pro's:
-More Bulk
-Momentum + Recovery

Con's:
-No pursuit trapping
-Less power

CB Scizor
Pro's:
-POWER!
-Momentum
-Pursuit trapping

Con's:
-No recovery; weak to hazards
[/box]

---

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
- HP [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick

I love Rotom-W. It's a cute little washing machine that tricks away your rotten apple core and gives you in return a mind controlling scarf that forces you to do the same thing over and over again. Rotom-W's Hydro Pump is insanely powerful in rain, coming from STAB Rainboosted 120 BP. It dents Ferrothorn quite a bit, especially non-specially defensive ones. HP Grass lets me hit Gastrodons. Volt Switch lets me keep offensive momentum, as I know exactly what to go into should my opponent switch while I Volt Switch. As mentioned with Scizor, Rotom-W has nice partners in Latios, Scizor, and Gliscor. Rotom-W is also capable of forming a more balanced core with Jirachi and Gliscor, should I need to play more defensively.

Defensive Rotom-W

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Both work well. Depends on your playstyle.

---

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Def / 236 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Ice Fang

Gliscor is pro at walling physical moves. The Speed EV's I put in allow it to outspeed Heatrans, and base 90 things like Lucario. 252 Defense maximizes Gliscor's Defense to a monstrous 383, letting it take almost any physical hit, especially fighting ones. The rest go into HP so I can heal more with Toxic Orb. At the moment of writing this, I'm considering changing the HP EV's a bit so it comes down as divisible by 8 for the final amount, giving me maximum recovery per turn. That will be later though, as I am tired. The moves are fairly typical, bar U-turn, for a Gliscor. Earthquake is mandatory STAB on Gliscors, and hits surprisingly hard. Taunt lets me shut down stall based teams. Ice Fang hits dragons moderately hard, while U-turn lets me both scout and gain momentum, especially against things like an opposing Rotom-W. As I've mentioned on Rotom-W and Scizor, Gliscor can perform as both part of the Volt-turning core and the Rotom-W, Gliscor, Jirachi.

---

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Thunder
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi forms the Rotom-W, Jirachi, Gliscor core with its two other teammates, which is capable of taking hits from both the physical and special side of the spectrum. Jirachi is also my Stealth Rocker for this team. It was very hard to fit Stealth Rock on this team, but Jirachi manged to do it. Onto the moveset, Thunder lets me both abuse rain and get that Paralysis that I can abuse with Iron Heads. Wish supports the rest of my team, especially with Pokemon that have no means of recovery, like Scizor, Rotom-W, and Politoed.

Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
- Leech Seed / Spikes
- Power Whip
- Protect / Thunderwave / Gyroball
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn is annoying as fuck in rain. This is a pretty standard Ferro set - set up hazards and be annoying. Ferrothorn is an option over Jirachi.

[box]
Ferrothorn
Pro's:
-Greater defense against Dragons. I absolutely need to keep Scizor / Breloom alive if I'm facing a DD Haxorus. Breloom needs to Bulk Up before Hax comes in, while Scizor must not let has get past +3 or it dies to EQ / Outrage
-Hazards
-Annoying as fuck

Con's
-More Celebi weak
-If I don't have Scizor, Reuniclius runs train on this team

Jirachi
Pro's
-Paralysis
-Wish
-Great Special Wall - Lati@s and Reuniclius check
-Less Celebi weak

Con's
-Haxorus weak; heavy reliance on Scizor and Breloom to kill it
[/box]

---

Threats:

Offensive:

Nasty Plot Celebi: Celebi is still a pretty big threat to my team, but it doesn't get the opportunities to sweep like it used to, thanks to the excessiveness of U-turn on this team and Jirachi acting as a barrier, threatening to parahax the pixie.

---

Sub-CM Jirachi: Sub-CM Jirachi variants that carry Water Pulse really ruin my day. My best bet would be to switch to Politoed to Perish Song, but that only temporarily solves the problem. It would be great if any of you can help me on this.

---

Volcarona: Although running rain severely hinders Volcarona's ability to set up Quiver Dances, it's still a behemoth. If I happen to lose Politoed, and sun is up, GG, moth, GG.

Defensive:

Ferrothorn: My only means of checking him is to power through him with Scizor's Superpower. However, if the opponent realizes just how much Ferrothorn annoys my team, he/she might keep it around for longer and dodge those Superpowers. Gliscor's Taunt + EQ will eventually wear Ferrothorn down, but since Ferrothorn is so commonly run on rain teams, there is almost always a threat of Rotom-W popping out of a Pokeball and scaring away poor little Gliscor.

However, Breloom handles this.

---

Importable (December 25th 2011)

Contains:
Scarf Toed
Lo Latios
CB Scizor
Scarf RotomW
Gliscor
Jirachi

If you with to change anything, you need to replace them.

[box]
Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Surf
- HP [Grass]
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover
- Psyshock

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
- HP [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Def / 236 Spd
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Ice Fang

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Thunder
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
[/box]

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey cool team man :)

Unfortunately it's super late where I am so I can only give you a very quick rate.

First I suggest running at least 244 Spe EVs on Politoed. These EVs with a Timid nature allow you to outpace and revenge kill a +1 Adamant Dragonite. I think this will really help in the long run as we all know how annoying Dragonite can be.

Also your team appears to have some serious issues with the new Bulk-Up SpDef Breloom thats making rounds (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3458682 Seen here). Latios checks him pretty well but Latios can be trapped and killed fairly easily; so I recommend running Swords Dance over U-Turn on Gliscor. I know it can be annoying to go with the Standard, but in this case I really think SD will serve you better. You might miss the U-Turn, but Swords Dance can give you the "oomph" to beat Breloom.

Anyway sorry if this seems rushed, I'll try to come back to it though. Good Luck!

Hey cool team man :)

Unfortunately it's super late where I am so I can only give you a very quick rate.

First I suggest running at least 244 Spe EVs on Politoed. These EVs with a Timid nature allow you to outpace and revenge kill a +1 Adamant Dragonite. I think this will really help in the long run as we all know how annoying Dragonite can be.

Also your team appears to have some serious issues with the new Bulk-Up SpDef Breloom thats making rounds (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3458682 Seen here). Latios checks him pretty well but Latios can be trapped and killed fairly easily; so I recommend running Swords Dance over U-Turn on Gliscor. I know it can be annoying to go with the Standard, but in this case I really think SD will serve you better. You might miss the U-Turn, but Swords Dance can give you the "oomph" to beat Breloom.

Anyway sorry if this seems rushed, I'll try to come back to it though. Good Luck!

Thanks for the rate! I've edited in the EV spreads for Politoed. I'll test SD Gliscor when I get the opportunity later today.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
this is already a pretty excellent team, so im just gonna offer some suggestions that you might wanna try out sometime just to see if it helps the team. none of these are mandatory, just some alternate options that you can explore.

to solve your problems with celebi (and to an extent, jirachi), you could always try out a terrakion. i think the best set for your team is choice band, as then you could rape the shit out of celebi with x-scissor, and deal serious damage to jirachi with close combat. it can also destroy ferrothorn, another big problem for this team. it does leave you a little more open to volcarona, but if you feel like the fire moth is seriously a big problem, then you can just run a choice scarf terrakion. scarf terrakion would still let you OHKO celebi with x-scissor, as well as outspeed +1 volcarona and KO with stone edge. it would make it a bit tougher to deal with jirachi, though. at the moment, i feel like jirachi is more harmful to your team than volcarona (since you can play around volcarona through a combination of bullet punch, gliscor, and jirachi), so i would say that you should test the choice band set first. the only problem with using terrakion on your team is that it's tough to replace any of your current pokes. at the end of the day though, i'd say rotom-w is the most disposable since the main threats it revenge kills are already dispatched by politoed. this would mean that you no longer have a switch-turn core, but oh well. if you feel like another pokemon is more disposable than rotom, then by all means replace another mon; it's your team, so you know best. like i said, this is just something you can try out, and not a necessary change.

if youre finding volcarona troublesome, you could always try out quick attack over pursuit on scizor. this would leave you more open to latios, but jirachi walls the dragon all day so it isnt a huge problem. i also second joeyboy's suggestion of swords dance over u-turn. u-turn's cool and all, but swords dance is helpful for the reasons joeyboy outlined. especially seeing as breloom is such a bitch for your team, it could definitely be a worthy change.

sorry that this rate's kinda unorganized, but im in a hurry and im really just tossing out some ideas. try these suggestions out though, because i think you could find them useful! good luck with your team man!

Hello, IceBlade95

Nice team you have here, looks solid. On Politoad, id suggest to get rid of Psychic. You just dont need it. Being locked in Psychic is terrible, leaves you to get Pursuited by Tyranitar, thus losing the weather war. I would run Hidden Power Grass over Psychic, so you get the ability to hit Gastordon and Rotom-W harder. This may leave you a bit open to Toxicroak, so I suggest you to run a different spread on Gliscor. This will be 244 HP / 88 Def / 176 Spd . The two less HP evs gives you Poison Heal recovery, and the speed is aim to outspeed adamant toxicroak and KO it back with Earthquake. The remain are pumped into defense aiming for the bulk. Id recommend a different EV spread on Scizor as well, that would be 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd. 248 HP reduces the damage taken from Stealth Rock and Spikes, giving an extra switch in. The remain EVs are pumped into attack, to maximize CB U-turn's power, as well as keeping a good bulk. Also I would recommend you to slap a Choice Specs on Rotom-W. I don't think you need a Choice Scarf variant here, since you have a good core between Rotom-W himself + Gliscor + Jirachi plus a Politoad acting as a revenge killer. I would use a Specs Rotom-w, so you can hit very hard and keeping offensive momentum (On the rain, it even 2HKOes Blissey and Celebi).

I'm really missing a spinner here on this team, even if your team is not rain dependant, you have a ScizorRotom core to abuse, and also a U-Turning Gliscor. Ferrothorn will just switch in Jirachi and get free layers while your way to scare him is via Gliscor and Scizor. The first one will be a free switch since you have to Taunt, and the latter one won't enjoy hazards damage. And I feel you have enough coverage for persky dragons, so I would replace Jirachi to Forretress. Forretress gives you Rapid Spin, something your team lacks, and will make it easier to win weather wars, also you still keep the Stealth Rock support, and a slower Volt Switch still allows you to keep offensive momentum. With Gyro Ball you can still check some threats like Dragonite and Haxorus locked in the Outrage. Here's the set:

Forretress @ Leftovers
252 HP | 4 Def | 252 SpD| 0 IV Spe | Relaxed
Volt Switch | Gyro Ball | Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin

Now I agree with Snorlaxe's suggestion of using Choice Band Terrakion, but I would use over Latios instead. You added Latios more to give you some offensive power when you get a grip with the VoltTurn combo, so does Terrakion, and with Terrakion, you have a good check to Volcarona (resist both of its stabs, survives Hidden Power Ground without a trouble). Just be careful to not get trapped by the Dugtrio and lose him. It also imputs pressure on the likes of Ferrothorn and Tyranitar, being a good threat to offensive based Sandstorm teams. The exact set is:

Terrakion @ Choice Band
4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe | Adamant
Stone Edge | Close Combat | X-Scissor | Quick Attack

I hope I helped. Nice team, and good luck!

To help you against CM Jirachi, I suggest changing Latios's current set to the CM Life Orb variant. Latios forces a lot of switches and can easily get a CM up. With a CM up, it hits 539 SpA and 384 SpD, coupled with 349 Speed, it's a beast after one turn of set up. However with CM and Recover (you can take off recover for an extra attack, but I suggest you don't) you only have 2 slots left for attacks. For SubCM Jirachi I suggest Dragon Pulse and Surf. (You can try Thunder too). +1 LO Surf from Latios does 38% - 45% (Guaranteed 3HKO) to +1 Standard SubCM Jirachi.

Set:
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Recover
Another option to go is SubCM or CM Roar Latias in place of Latios, it sets up on Jirachi and proceed to defeat Jirachi either with Surf (Boosted Surfs in Rain will break its subs while Thunder and Water Pulse won't break yours) or force it out with Roar (however beware of ParaFusion caused by Thunder and Water Pulse).

Thanks for the rates, guys!

I've made a tab in the RMT to show a checklist of the things I'll test out.

For the suggestions about Gliscor, especially Rewer's suggestion for the changes in Gliscor's EV Spread: What's your opinion on running "x HP / 252 Def / y Spd", with "x" and "y" being numbers for the respective stats. I personally feel that as Gliscor is meant to take hits more defensively, it should have max Defense investment, which compensates more greatly for its lower HP amount and higher speed.

Edit:

I think I should address some things that I forgot to address:

-Scarf on Rotom-W is very helpful in revenge killing, especially Pokemon such as Starmie and Dragonite, which Rotom-W still outspeeds.
-After some testing, though I need to do more, I found that SD Gliscor was good against countering Conkeldurr one on one, but it had little effectiveness outside of that as Gliscor is still relatively slow and many Pokemon can take it out. Although I know the problem Bulk Up Breloom can cause to my team, I almost never see it, to tell the truth. The times I do see it though, the opponent almost always has something that can kill Gliscor ready while they send in Breloom. I'll reconsider SD once I see Breloom more.

The team is most likely fine as it is with some rough stretches here and there and some good times as well, but how about we try to spice things up a little bit?

What I was thinking is that you go the FULLY U-Turn experience. What if you ditched Stealth Rock on Jirachi for U-Turn, and then use a Hyper Cutter/Sand Veil Gliscor that has Stealth Rock itself. You can still run nearly the same set.

And then if you wanted to be super duper uber gay, you can try Hydregion over Latios too :P It might not be as successful but you're probably not trying to expand this team to higher heights but to having more random fun.

Enjoy it :)

The team is most likely fine as it is with some rough stretches here and there and some good times as well, but how about we try to spice things up a little bit?

What I was thinking is that you go the FULLY U-Turn experience. What if you ditched Stealth Rock on Jirachi for U-Turn, and then use a Hyper Cutter/Sand Veil Gliscor that has Stealth Rock itself. You can still run nearly the same set.

And then if you wanted to be super duper uber gay, you can try Hydregion over Latios too :P It might not be as successful but you're probably not trying to expand this team to higher heights but to having more random fun.

Enjoy it :)
Lol sounds interesting, I'll give it a try.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Imo you should just go with 252 Spe EVs on Scarf Toed its not like the 8 HP EVs achive anything and speed tieing with other Scarf Toeds could save you some time.

Yo Anton! You know who am I already. TROLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOL
But seriously, looking at your team, it seems pretty well balanced but here are some few flaws that you may need to correct as far as I know:

Your Politeod, I would suggest you replace Psychic to HP Grass for de annoying Gastrodons or any incoming predicted Rotom-W, and also replace Perish Song for Focus Blast to have a little bit more easier time against Ferrothorn. The risk is pretty high but it is well pay off if it hits. And even replace Surf for Hydro Pump for a maximum hard hitting Politeod.

But this is as far as I know already. The team synergy is decent, you should be able to work around with it just fine as long as you play things out correctly.

And I'm sorry that I am not much of a help but this is the best I could come up with.

Cheers.

Yo Anton! You know who am I already. TROLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOL
But seriously, looking at your team, it seems pretty well balanced but here are some few flaws that you may need to correct as far as I know:

Your Politeod, I would suggest you replace Psychic to HP Grass for de annoying Gastrodons or any incoming predicted Rotom-W, and also replace Perish Song for Focus Blast to have a little bit more easier time against Ferrothorn. The risk is pretty high but it is well pay off if it hits. And even replace Surf for Hydro Pump for a maximum hard hitting Politeod.

But this is as far as I know already. The team synergy is decent, you should be able to work around with it just fine as long as you play things out correctly.

And I'm sorry that I am not much of a help but this is the best I could come up with.

Cheers.
Thanks for the rate. Focus Blast sounds nice, but the 70 accuracy is shaky. Perish Song also helps me break BP Chains, which is very helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)