Bummer's Art Shack

breh

強いだね
what is that flying yellow thing? kind of looks like a beedrill or.. maybe a combee? I'm not sure.

/badjoke

nice comic as always, lol

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think I'll have to get a Magikarp: one of the few mons which is pure!

I'm loving these new drawings too, they're really showcasing how great you are at art, whereas a comic might not (because the humour is awesomely distracting).

You also have great taste in Pokémon, I must say.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You also have great taste in Pokémon, I must say.
Oh you.

Spent the last half hour touching up earlier works. Wasn't too content with how I left my strip last time, particularly when it came to Jiggly's eyes, so I edited the shades and painted with more solid colors in another layer to my liking.

And while I do appreciate all the positive feedback on my Steelix (I do), it still looked odd to me. Which I could trace down to two things: too many cracks, and too many brown tones. Basically, I had drawn a Steelix but rendered an Onix. And while I fixed that, I also made his horns longer and his 'brows' sharper. So here's the Redux:

I may or may not post Steelix as a separate work beside my type meme, as I today realised that Ferrothorn isn't my favorite grass (gasp). SO, I haven't decided whether Ferro or Steelix will get the Steel spot, but I have a feeling it will be an emotional battle to the faint. Oh well!

Gonna start working on the next poke, but I also bought Bastion yesterday for my Steam account (still 5 hours left for 66% discount!), so my mind can definitely lead astray at any time.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Your username is surprisingly relevant.

Edit: Next type coming right up!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Hah, managed to finish another.

Not......entirely satisfied with this one, but I'm happy with it! I really wanted to make it in the style of one of those church windows, so I am bound by my own stubborn hunches. Although Lunatone is practically the best species to pull off that style with.

David and Ghouliath is a famous story from the Pokemon bible.
He's gonna need a bigger rock. Or snowball.

I love the style, but the parts around the moon seem inconsistent, you have black lines change into grey all of the sudden (and some out-of-place black pixels in the peck), and some parts look a little sharp also you can see a line where the dark lines transfor into the greyer ones), still the ilumination on lunantone is amazing, altough i you could make her eye pop out then it could look more psychic

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
It's time to crank up the fancy of this thread.

I love the style, but the parts around the moon seem inconsistent, you have black lines change into grey all of the sudden (and some out-of-place black pixels in the peck), and some parts look a little sharp also you can see a line where the dark lines transfor into the greyer ones), still the ilumination on lunantone is amazing, altough i you could make her eye pop out then it could look more psychic
I can agree with most of this. Touched it up some more, so here:

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hahaha the toxic comic was hilarious. The mystery of Toxic being usable by every single Pokemon is one of my favorite inside-jokes.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
lol youre hilarious dude, i was reading through your website and found this. it genuinely made me laugh out loud for like five minutes. keep it up, this shit is hilarious AND also quite well-drawn!

This thread is really cool.
I looked through the whole thread and the comics are great and hilarious.
Wish I had your skills XD

Also your latest art is awesome. My favorite is the Church glass Lunatone

Keep up the good work :D

Seriously, how am I going to explain to my wife that I spent my entire day reading Pokemon webcomics? She already thinks I'm a huge nerd... there's no way to convince her otherwise now.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
woah! That is one awesome shell you made bummer! Good work as usual!
Thank ye!

And as it also happens to be, I've now finished my grass favorite, and thus, completed the meme.

I made clear early on that I wasn't planning on following the layout loyally, so the squares are different and the type labels are gone. But the placements are the same as the official one.

Gonna go launch this onto dA in a jiffy, but I figured I'd post it here first. Thanks for all the encouragement along the way, guise!

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
strongth bummer......

seriously though dude, nice job pumping this out like you did, so fast and neat
i really like that they all differ so much, in style, attitude, and emotion

A+, fantastic work completing it

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, awesome work, Bummer! I enjoyed your type memes just as much as your Rare Candy Treatment!

Agreed with Pocket and NJ! I'm seriously almost overwhelmed looking at the final image. It's just bursting with life, colour, and personality. I'm torn to say which one is my favourite... Quagsire, Lanturn, Parasect, Drifblim, Galvantula? WHY NOT JUST THEM ALL? ;x; Fantastic job and thanks for sharing them with us! Every time I saw your thread was posted in I just rushed here to see what you'd done xD

These are absolutely amazing Bummer! You constantly make me wowed. I'm always hoping for a new rare candy comic to come out, and I'm really liking your styles. As NJ said, A+!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)