Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah they work in 4th gen too. They advance the RNG that is used by most stuff too so they're very good for DPPt when you need to advance an odd number of frames (the Journal advances by 2 frames).

I've been trying to RNG in HeartGold these past few weeks and I have been having no luck whatsoever.

So I decided to RNG a bit in B/W (which I successfully did btw, as I already know how to). However, I am itching for a 3rd or 2nd gen. flawless legendary really really REALLY badly.
So here is my issue. I can't seem to hit my delay in heartgold at all. I've done it about 15-20 times and I have never gotten within +/-5 in my delay. From what I have researched and heard, RNGing in Heartgold isn't as easy as RNGing in D/P/Pt or in Emerald.
Is this true at all?
I have also heard that RNGing in Emerald is incredibly easy as it is so broken. I understand that all of these games require hitting your delay, but I guess since Emerald is broken enough, and it is apparently easier to RNG than the 4th gen games, I would start out there.

HG/SS RNGing is easier than all of 3rd gen for sure. IMO it's easier than DPPt too.
Damn. So it isn't a good idea for me to switch to Emerald RNGing?
I thought it would be easier, as Emeralds RNG is screwed up so bad.

I'm just a beginner at the 3rd/4th gen stuff, so I'm trying to decide which would be a better stepping stone for me.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well it's not really easier. You have to time stuff to 1/60th of a second still instead of 1/30th of a second in 4th gen. Also because the starting seed is always 0 you'll be quite limited for spreads for non-bred pokemon.

Well it's not really easier. You have to time stuff to 1/60th of a second still instead of 1/30th of a second in 4th gen. Also because the starting seed is always 0 you'll be quite limited for spreads for non-bred pokemon.
Well, my problem is delays. I'm just going off from what I've heard and read is all.

I guess I should stick with it on HeartGold for now. I also have platinum to RNG in as well. which game should I start on? I think Platinum's seed confirmation method is a bit easier on me, calling elm is a pain in the ass to do. Too time consuming.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is this a bug in RNG Reporter, or am I doing something wrong?

When searching for international, non-shiny HG/SS egg PIDs, the program seems to generate normal results instead. Shiny eggs work, though.

Time finder results:

Main window results (normal):

Main window results (international):
Your not doing anything wrong. It looks like a bug.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
In HG(English), If I have Latias and Entei Roaming and Raikou defeated since it's the one I want to capture. What would be Raikou's frame? Also, will I be able to RNG the other two If I capture Raikou?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Raikou would be frame 1 if no other ones are being regenerated.

Without the others to regenerate, it would be the first and only one to use calls.

3 Roamer Regeneration callstruct:
Code:
PID PID IV  IV  Route | PID PID IV  IV  Route | PID PID IV  IV  Route
[U]1[/U]   2   3   4   5     | [U]6[/U]   7   8    9   10   | [U]11[/U]  12  13  14  15
Hence why they are 1/6/11 if all need to be regenerated.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
In HG(English), If I have Latias and Entei Roaming and Raikou defeated since it's the one I want to capture. What would be Raikou's frame? Also, will I be able to RNG the other two If I capture Raikou?
You can but you have to leave Raikou roaming. Do NOT capture it right away. Once all 3 roamers are RNGd you may capture them. So once you verify that Raikou has your desired spread, reset the game w/o saving so it's still roaming, faint the next Roamer, and repeat the process until all 3 Roamers have their desired spreads. Then capture them.

Well unless you use the RadioSeed.exe program I guess. I've never used it myself though.

Hey guys, can you figure out what I'm doing wrong in HG? I got a Diglett in a shiny egg, but what I'm having trouble with is trying to get him flawless. No matter what seed I used, and landing on the correct delay and frames, he still came out with abysmal IVs. I've only learned to RNG for shiny, flawless pokes recently; I have done 5 so far without much trouble...except for this one. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong with this.

If you know you hit your delay, the NPC could possibly be messing with your frame and causing you to hit a frame that's one or two above your target frame. Try turning on your game and waiting a couple of seconds, then resaving. That will change the NPC's advancements, so maybe next time you hit your delay he won't advance by anything. And make sure you pause the game and talk to the DC man as fast as you can.

If the NPC isn't the problem, then I don't know what would be.

well, why would anyone do NonShiny egg RNG and use international breeding?

-

Just find non-international parents for now, it's noted.
It just seemed like an easier option for what I was doing. I didn't want a shiny, and the only good Ditto (or any other parents, for that matter) I had in the game was one I transferred over from my Japanese SS game.

Rather than doing a bunch of trial and error to get the right PID and RNGing a new Ditto, I figured I'd use what I had already. Why do more work when I don't have to, right?

It was easy enough to work around, and I know it's a pretty situational thing, but I just wanted to notify you guys if there was a problem (and if I wasn't doing something wrong).

If you were able to get flawless eggs before, then the NPC most likely is the problem :P

So try resaving and good luck!
Yay you were right, thank you! For future reference, how do you know when the NPCs have moved? Because prior to this, both the policeman and daycare man were both staring to the left anyway. Even though I saw no changes during your instruction, I waited a few seconds like you said and somehow it works!

Yay you were right, thank you! For future reference, how do you know when the NPCs have moved? Because prior to this, both the policeman and daycare man were both staring to the left anyway. Even though I saw no changes during your instruction, I waited a few seconds like you said and somehow it works!
There's a moving NPC at the bottom of the Route, so you can't see him when he moves (he's the only one that does). So you can't really tell if you're going to have to resave or not, you're just going to have to hope that he doesn't move. But most of the time, he won't if you're fast enough :)

If he does, just resave like you did this time.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
There's a moving NPC at the bottom of the Route, so you can't see him when he moves (he's the only one that does). So you can't really tell if you're going to have to resave or not, you're just going to have to hope that he doesn't move. But most of the time, he won't if you're fast enough :)

If he does, just resave like you did this time.
It's also easy if there are roamers left, as you can check if you hit your seed faster, using the roamer method.
Although using elm calls will also let you know if the NPC moved or not. If it moved, then the elm responses might have been skipped by (roamer's advances + NPC advances) frames.
Usually in my experience, the NPC will advance 2 frames sometimes, even if you mash the A button (or the lower right section of the touch screen)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
For me the NPC advances either 0 frames or 2 frames (very rarely 3 frames). The amount it advances will be constant until you save your game again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)