Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^reffing when it gets accpeted
droping my match with jas61292 to fight maxim.

Challenging Maxim
3vs3 FE+NFE
In the 1st round, both players send out their FE
If the Fe gets KO'ed, that player send in both nfe to fight the FE in 2vs1.
Then if the other FE gets KO'ed, that player sends in his/her last 2 pokemons to fight in a 2vs2 doubles
5recoveries/5chills
1day dq

Accepting!

Switch=KO (Kind of necessary for this battle)
Items=On
All Abilities

And since luc was foolish kind enough to let me choose the arena. I'll test my gym arena again.
Virtual Arena.

Flavor:
Hidden in Opelucid City in the Unova region, there lies an old gym that was once used for Rotation Battles, but was left abandoned after some people were hurt in the gym. Maxim has renovated (and improved the safety features of) this gym, and now serves as his (possible and unlikely) gym arena. The gym puzzle generally involves two types of rotating platforms, long sword platforms that connect one place to the next, and circular shield platforms that connect to four places. Every time one platform is rotated, all the others rotate as well. The trick of the gym is to get rotate the shield platforms in such a manner that the sword platforms lead you to the gym stadium.

Arena:
At the end of the gym is a square arena about 100 meters in length with two big circular platforms in the middle. The arena is purpose built for rotation battles, but can be used for other battles sparingly. This arena has a moat for water types to swim in and for surf, but they cannot attack unless they are in the front position or else they're disqualified. Also, the water is not deep enough to Dive in, and Digging will damage the machinery under the arena. All Normal types are reinforced here, and receive the Sturdy trait (How the arena does this is a trade secret). The arena is also put under constant increased gravity, which cannot be dispelled even by the move Gravity.

Summary: No Digging or Diving, Constant Gravity effect, Normal types get sturdy trait.

Meh, I haven't reffed in a while and I have lots and lots of free time, so I'll take that deadfox!

PM teams please.

Doran dragon said:
little cup (pokemon stadium rules)
2x2 doubles
0 recovers/chills
1 day dq

Arena: Silvan's Autoshop Gym
Field Type: Steel/Poison
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restrictions:
No Weather
Artificial Field
Limited Ceiling
No Digging
No Water Source

Description:
A simple Autoshop, a place where people take their cars to be serviced. Today bussiness is booming. With the exhaust of all the cars stinking up the room when the doors close, things can get pretty dangerous. Most cars are on the ground and can be used to hide behind, and can be destroyed with too much damage, but a few cars are aloft. A large area for battle has been crafted in the middle of the shop.

10% chance each turn for the large shop doors to open or close.
For each turn the doors are closed exhaust levels rise by 5% every turn and Poison type attacks get a 5% attack boost, capping at 25%.
The exhaust levels return to 0% when the doors open.
When exhaust levels reach 25%, Toxic becomes more potent and is able to effect steel type pokemon without acid corrosion, and effects all other pokemon except poison types, steel types, and pokemon with immunity with regular poison that goes away when exhaust levels return to 0%.
About 6 cars that can be used to Take Cover behind, or throw even, 3 small (class 3 size, Class 6 weight, 10 hp) 2 Medium (class 4 size, class 6 weight, 25 hp), and 1 large (class 4 size, class 7 weight, 40 hp)
Dropping my brawl challenge to fight this.

Switch=Derp
Items=No
Subs=1
Abilities=All
we still need a ref for this. please, and thank you!

I'll take TheMogRunner's battle.

Switch=KO
Items=Training
All abilities

Also, I'll take Doran Dragon vs. The Wanderer (and try to ref the whole thing this time). PM teams.

Oh, and this post is still accurate.

Challenging that bastard Alchemator to an NFE showdown.

2v2 NFE Singles
2 Day DQ
1 Sub
2 Recovers, 5 chills

Arena: Chrono Stadium

This arena resembles a giant version of the face of Prague’s Astronomical Clock. There is a moat around the edge of the arena but there are no natural elements such as grass nearby. The flow of time in this arena can change radically with the following effects:
Normal time flow - nothing special.
Fast time flow - every pokemon's attack and special attack ranks are multiplied by 1.5 with halves rounded up; every pokemon has +1 evasion.
Slow time flow - every pokemon's defence and special defence ranks are multiplied by 1.5 with halves rounded up; every pokemon has +1 accuracy.
Reverse time flow - turn order is completely reversed (ie, higher priority attacks happen after lower priority ones and a slower mon's attack happens before a faster mon's one of the same priority); for attacks with a charge-up or evasive action (eg, Focus Punch, Sky Attack, Dig), swap the priorities of the charge-up/evasive action and attacking action before reversing the turn order; the "cooldown" action for combos occurs on the action before the combo is executed rather than after.
Crazy time flow - turn order is randomised, disregarding priority and speed completely; attacks with a charge-up or evasive action still have that action occur before the attacking action.
Round 1 has normal time flow, then at the end of every round, each of the five time flows has an equal chance of being chosen for the next round. A time flow's effects remain until the time flow changes to something else.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Accepting that bastard Son of Shadoo's challenge!

All abilities.
Switch = KO
No items (Training are fine if you have them, but I don't!)

Since I have a free spot, another Flash Match please! =3

Battle type: 1v1 Singles
DQ Time: 1 Day
Healing: 2 recoveries/5 chills
Music: Deadmau5 - Raise Your Weapon
Arena: ASB Arena

Let's get it on. ;D
Let's do it, Wolfe.
Do you want to go FE or NFE?

One Ability
Switch=roflcopter
Items=Counter-Producing ones only.

Ref, anyone?
Yay. :D

And I'll do NFE's this time around.
Still need a ref for this.

Also issuing an Open Challenge!
3v3 NFE Singles
2 day DQ
1 Recovery, 5 Chills
Arena: ASB Arena

Let's do it!
Challenge Taken.

Abilities: All
Switch: KO
Items: None
And this.

Thanks in advance!

I haven't done a battle that isn't training for ages. Time to boost (or destroy) my W/L/T record.

Issuing two iddentical challenges (apart from the arena)
4v4 singles
2 day DQ (ref can ask for three 1 day extentions)
Unlimited chills/2 recoveries
Requesting switch = OK
Arena for challenge 1: Metal Bagon's White Island
Arena: White Island
Field Type: Dragon/Fire
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions:
1. No Hail
2. Flying types can choose to avoid 1 rock type attack per round for 10 energy (but this is canceled out in sunny weather).
3. Pokemon with the ability Dry Skin will have it's negative active throughout the entire match no matter what. In the rain it's positive only cancels out the negative effect and it won't restore HP with the ability. In the sun it loses double the HP.

Description:
White Island is actually a Volcano off the coast of New Zealand. The air here is very humid as this is an ACTIVE volcano so you better watch out around here. Metal Bagon has made this his gym and has a building on an island close to White Island (but far away enough for it to not be hit by any eruption the volcano can muster) trainers go to this island first and are then taken out to the island by boat by Metal Bagon for the battle.

The volcano of course is active, so at the end of every round there is a 20% that an eruption will happen. An eruption is a 10 BAP fire type move with rank 4 Sp.Attack (obviously the attack is special).

There is a dragon-like aura around this arena as well so dragon types get STAB on all fire types with 7 BAP and over, and fire types get STAB on all dragon type moves 6 BAP and under.

The island is too humid for hail and because of the humidity it takes pokemon not used to these conditions a while to get used to. As such, any pokemon using a rock type move for the first time in a round will have difficulty hitting flying types. If the flying type chooses it can avoid that rock move by flying beyond reach for 10 energy. It must be stated when the trainers orders whether in the case of a rock move it wants to avoid that move (note that if nothing is put then the ref should assume that the pokemon doesn't want avoid the attack).

Also, because of humidity, pokemon that don't receive STAB on heat wave get STAB and Heat Wave has perfect accuracy for that pokemon.

Arena for challenge 2: Glacier Knight's Jamestown 1607
Field Type- Bug/water
Complexity- Moderate
Format- All
Restrictions- No earthquakes, No weather

Jamestown, 1607:
The first permanent English settlement in america, and whose colonization eventually led to the birth of america, you will be fighting back when the fort was still young, in 1607! You will be fighting out side the great fort, which at the time stood 18 feet all around. the southern wall that bordered the river was 420 feet long, while the other two sides were 300 feet long. surrounding the fort for about 20 feet all around there is tall, wild grass (no lawnmowers in the 17th century). the southern area of the arena is beach, with fine sand and the shoreline coated in cattails and other plants. the water is very warm, and brackish, so its not super fresh. to the north, east, and west of the fort lies the dense woods of virginia, which are inhabited with Powhatan Indians and other dangers. the forest is very thick due to no tampering with the vegetation (yay for no pollution and negative human interaction!), and the grass is still thick. the setting is in the beginning of fall, but it was still very hot, and if you dont know anything about virginia weather, its that if you are near water and its hot, it will be very very humid. the humidity leaves the air everywhere thick and steamy, which makes battling very uncomfortable. however bug pokemon will have no problem with this. the conditions that jamestown provide are perfect for them to thrive and battle, as the settlers experience that all too well (k.o by malaria!). Bug pokemon gain 30 base speed (e.g bug mon with 70 base speed now has 100) and 2BP to bug moves. ice pokemon will abhor the climate here, so their speed loses a flat 20 and their ice attacks lose 2BP. the weather cannot be changed, for that would surely affect the settlers (which in turn would cause an alternate dimension, yadda yadda yadda), and earthquakes cannot be generated. Also during every even round indians will dart of the woods and try to attack jamestown, but the settlers are prepared! at the points of the triangular fort lie a single but powerful cannon, that will blast the pesky native americans! sadly the settlers arent bright, so they might hit your pokemon! watch out! if your pokemon gets hit they lose 20 damage. (rng for getting hit by cannon is 20% out of 100%)

Please don't be daunted by the descriptions as both arenas have a lot of flavour in there descriptions.

Challenging Glacier Knight!

3v3 Doubles
3 Day DQ
2 Recovers/5 chills
Arena: Flaming Strike Zone (thanks Glacier! :P)
Field Type- Neutral/Fire
Complexity- Intense
Format- All
Restrictions- None

Flaming Strike Zone:
Welcome to Brandon's personal training grounds! Using a small percentage of his large wealth, Brandon was able to transform a seemingly normal 300 foot by 300 foot square field into a puzzling and peculiar arena. In each corner of the Field is a 20x20 foot machine standing ten feet tall. they all buzz and whir mechanically. These machines have roots that tap into and underground lava pit, and collect molten magma!

Then on command, the magma turns into lava as it is spouted all over the feild, causing pokemon to act accordingly! Each round 2 machines spurt out enough lava to cover a 40X40 foot block (either NW, NE, SW, or SE machine).

In addition, the machines are programmed to shout, "Strike Zone Activated!" randomly during the round. if you attack during strike zone, then your attack does not use up any energy! However, if you attack and the machines did not commence strike zone, the attack costs double the original energy! (Players give the ref their commands, then once the ref has all commands he rngs each action whether strike zone is activated or not)

If Flamestrike battles here, the Machines respond to their master! Before each round Flamestrike can either activate or Deactivate the machines, either letting them continue their task or shutting them down completely! If the machines are deactivated, then there is no strike zone (attacks will cost reg. energy), and lava will not be spewed. Also, pokemon that have the word "strike" in their nick name gain 3 BAP to non STAB attacks.

Remember, if a non-fire pokemon makes contact with the lava (or they dont have thick fat), they receive a third-degree burn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)