Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Usually for me he advances once or twice, but then when I exit the pause menu and take the egg he doesn't advance most of the time.

FUCK YES

Alright, I picked up 4th gen RNGing again and I FINALLY HIT MY DELAY.

So I called Elm 9 times. Does this mean I'm on Frame 10? I'm RNGing Suicune with no Roamers going, my DSLite is closed right now awaiting to advance my frame to 89 for my Suicune.

edit: SO I did my frame advancements and caught the thing. Turns out I did one frame advancement too much and got to frame 90. So I spent about an hour catching this piece of crap.

I need help once I hit my seed. How do I do my advancements?

FUCK YES

Alright, I picked up 4th gen RNGing again and I FINALLY HIT MY DELAY.

So I called Elm 9 times. Does this mean I'm on Frame 10? Technically you will be on frame 9.
Advancement = Target - Roamer - Elm Call- Monster frame

Advancement = 89-9-1= 79
You will need to do 79 advancement.
I'm RNGing Suicune with no Roamers going, my DSLite is closed right now awaiting to advance my frame to 89 for my Suicune.

edit: SO I did my frame advancements and caught the thing. Turns out I did one frame advancement too much and got to frame 90. So I spent about an hour catching this piece of crap.
If you did 89 advancement
89+1 = 90
90!=89

edit ??? you did only 80 additional advancement :(
edit- I can't read :(

I need help once I hit my seed. How do I do my advancements?

You mainly advancement the frame via tuning and detuning the radio, check the front page for information
my post is bolded

edit
If you advance the frame for suicune, stop on frame 88

edit-fix

my post is bolded

edit
If you advance the frame for suicune, stop on frame 106
My frame is 89. I have to get to 89 for Suicune.

I got on frame 90 apparently. It was Naive. I ran a IV check and it matched. So I was a frame off. So I was on frame 9 all along? I just need to do 88 advances to reach my Suicune?

My frame is 89. I have to get to 89 for Suicune.

I got on frame 90 apparently. It was Naive. I ran a IV check and it matched. So I was a frame off. So I was on frame 9 all along? I just need to do 88 advances to reach my Suicune?
I must be seeing things but yes, advance to frame 88 then encounter suicune.

Do not know how I seen 107

I must be seeing things but yes, advance to frame 88 then encounter suicune.

Do not know how I seen 107
Alright, thanks man.
One more question: by tuning the radio, do you mean by going to the radio station and then switching to dead air?
And which station should I use to advance my frame?
Once I hit this Delay again (which will probably be tomorrow by the rate I'm going) I'll check back.

Advancing the RNG using the radio is usually possible everywhere except inside a cave, or on top of Ho-oh's tower. The level just below it still gets radio reception, though.

To advance frames with the radio, start from the middle (no shows running), then click the button for the appropriate corner. You have then have to drag the cursor back to the middle without touching any other stations. Here are a list of shows and the amount of frames they advance.

Code:
Show            Advances                Day of Week                Location
[B]Pokémon Music[/B]                1 frame, sometimes none - inconsistent        All day everyday                                               top-left.
[B]Pokémon Talk[/B]                 14-18 frames -  inconsistent                  All day, every day                                             Top-right
[B]Trainer Profiles[/B]             3 frames - inconsistent                       Everyday 12-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-11 (BOTH AM AND PM)      Bottom-left
[B]That town, these people[/B]       3 frames - inconsistent                      everyday 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12 (BOTH AM AND PM)      Bottom-left
[B]Pokémon Search Party[/B]         1 frame                                        everyday 12-1, 3-4, 6-7, 9-10 (BOTH AM AND PM)                Bottom-right
[B]Serial Radio Drama[/B]            1 frame                                      everyday 1-2, 4-5, 7-8, 10-11 (BOTH AM AND PM)                 Bottom-right
[B]Buena's Password[/B]             none                                          everyday 2-3, 5-6, 8-9, 11-12 (BOTH AM AND PM)                 Bottom-right
For Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza: walking in and out of the Embedded Tower advances the RNG by 1 each time.

This is the way to advance the frame via radio. You have to use the lower right station as long as Buena Password isnt on

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
To be clear it's walking out of the Embedded Tower that advances the frame IIRC. I found it easier to simply save just outside it and verify my seed there.

To be clear it's walking out of the Embedded Tower that advances the frame IIRC. I found it easier to simply save just outside it and verify my seed there.
What does Embedded Tower have to do with RNG abusing Suicune? o_O

Japanese juggler irwin calls
(E)
きみの かつわくを きいて きようも しびれているよ!
State, numb/sleep, continuing action.

(K)
でんれ うれしいなあ
ちようど ぼくも いま
かけようとしこた ところおんだ!
きが あうんだね ぼくたち!
Legend, happy, medicine, place, approval

(P)
けんきかい?
なにしてるの?
いま とこにいるの?
バツシは いくつ あつまつたの?

Many questions

edit: after getting a shiny ditto, im pretty sure. :)

All right, I've started the 4th gen RNGing, and we can't even get past the calibration phase. We're at Route 28 where there are no NPC's moving. My friend hit A on the DS screen to start Soul Silver at midnight on January 1, 2012. He loaded the game as fast as he could and used Sweet Scent with an Oddish to find a Ponyta. Timid nature, IV's were 12/11/28/2/23/26. So he went to fourth gen tools, find seed by IV's, clicked on HGSS, and filled in the blanks. The seed was 1000020C, method 1 frame was 109, 15 seconds and a delay of 512. My question is why is our frame so high when there were no NPC's moving the frame? Shouldn't the frame have been 2 or 3 if we just Sweet Scented as soon as the game started? Why does it say "method 1 frame"? I thought wild encounters were method K.

All right, I've started the 4th gen RNGing, and we can't even get past the calibration phase. We're at Route 28 where there are no NPC's moving. My friend hit A on the DS screen to start Soul Silver at midnight on January 1, 2012. He loaded the game as fast as he could and used Sweet Scent with an Oddish to find a Ponyta. Timid nature, IV's were 12/11/28/2/23/26. So he went to fourth gen tools, find seed by IV's, clicked on HGSS, and filled in the blanks. The seed was 1000020C, method 1 frame was 109, 15 seconds and a delay of 512. My question is why is our frame so high when there were no NPC's moving the frame? Shouldn't the frame have been 2 or 3 if we just Sweet Scented as soon as the game started? Why does it say "method 1 frame"? I thought wild encounters were method K.
could you send a screenshot? sometimes the result changes depending on what max delay you put, i assume you're using pokerng?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Method K uses Method 1 frames in a different order. If you put that seed into RNG Reporter and search Method K you'll notice that your spread comes up as frame 4 (or frame 2, 3, and 4 w/ Timid sync or frame 3 with wrong sync). The Occidentary column tells you what Method 1 frame it is which is frame 109.

OK, I hit my delay again (this time in about 30 minutes, I'm starting to get a little better at this)
So I'm at frame 82 and I have made my Elm call on that frame (to confirm that I'm on frame 82.) When I make Elm calls, does it tell me what frame I'm on and then make the advancement? Because if I make the elm call on frame 88, does that mean that I am really am on frame 89, since the elm call advanced the frame?

I need this answered ASAP. I'm doing this as I type this.

Condensed: do the Elm calls tell you what frame your on then advance the frame? Or do they advance the frame then tell you the frame your on?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
elm advances the frame, so if you

1 - P
2 - K
3 - K
4 - K
5 - P
6 - P
7 - P

if you got PKKKPPPP, you'd be on frame 7 and if you encountered something on the next frame it would be on 8.

elm advances the frame, so if you

1 - P
2 - K
3 - K
4 - K
5 - P
6 - P
7 - P

if you got PKKKPPPP, you'd be on frame 7 and if you encountered something on the next frame it would be on 8.
So I've got to get to frame 88 (make the elm call and confirm I'm on frame 88) then encounter Suicune? So basically, I have to make the elm call at frame 88.

Or am I doing this wrong? Right now I've stopped at frame 87.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
if you've gotten the elm calls up to and including the one listed on 87, your next result (if you encountered it immediately) would be a frame 88 suicune.

part of learning RNG is not having someone else do the deduction for you :P

So I've got to get to frame 88 (make the elm call and confirm I'm on frame 88) then encounter Suicune? So basically, I have to make the elm call at frame 88.

Or am I doing this wrong? Right now I've stopped at frame 87.
Advance to frame 88 then encounter it.
Suicune will advance the frame by one so that why you stop on frame 88.

edit
ninja'd by Kaph...I guess I can live with it

if you've gotten the elm calls up to and including the one listed on 87, your next result (if you encountered it immediately) would be a frame 88 suicune.

part of learning RNG is not having someone else do the deduction for you :P
Alright, thanks.

This is my first time to lol. I'm just making sure I'm doing things correct.

EDIT: Got it.
I had to Masterball the damn thing, but I got it.

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll do a Shiny Ho-Oh next.

I was wondering why the thing said "method 1". Cool, so at least I understand that part. So the method 1 frames still advance like crazy, but it doesn't matter since we're using method K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)