Ban Stunfisk (newly updated)

Hey, great team there :)

Why not run Scarf on Rotom, which would allow you to outspeed LO Moltres. I'm pretty sure Volt Switch would OHKO, it definetly would after SR damage.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
rotom actually already outruns moltres without a scarf

now for the tier shifts,.....

as i said, spiritomb might be going over rotom or some other pokemon on my team, advice?

If thats the case, then you become even more Moltres weak than before, making Regirock an even more vital option, since Rotom can no longer check it. However, Spiritomb would help with Cress and Sigilpyh, but still dislikes burns. The most effective may be a Mono-attacking CM RestTalker, but imo that set really, really sucks. Have you had any ideas about what Spiritomb set?

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If thats the case, then you become even more Moltres weak than before, making Regirock an even more vital option, since Rotom can no longer check it. However, Spiritomb would help with Cress and Sigilpyh, but still dislikes burns. The most effective may be a Mono-attacking CM RestTalker, but imo that set really, really sucks. Have you had any ideas about what Spiritomb set?
yes i have tested the mono attacker set, it actually fares farely well, idk what to do about moltres, i remember stunfisk could work against it in a pinch if it switched into air slash.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Well, in that case, a scarf Rotom would outrun even a scarf Moltres, which is even better
life orb moltres is really he only varient that threatens my team tbh, subroost and scarf go down pretty easily

any opinions on tomb>rotom?

I don't really like the spiritomb switch. It seems to me that your team needs the speed of rotom more than anything that spiritomb could bring. if you do switch to spiritomb though, you probably need to change at least one more pokemon in your team, as moltres and other base 90's will wreck your team.

I don't really like the spiritomb switch. It seems to me that your team needs the speed of rotom more than anything that spiritomb could bring. if you do switch to spiritomb though, you probably need to change at least one more pokemon in your team, as moltres and other base 90's will wreck your team.
Quoted For Truth. You say that your biggest weakness on this team is LO Moltres, so removing your team's primary check to it is not the way to go. I completely understand your concern about Cresselia, and until it gets banned you could probably get away with the switch as teams shift toward Fighting/Dark/Psychic cores. But after the Cress ban, you should definitely switch back to Rotom.

A specially defensive spread on Uxie lets you avoid the 2HKO from Moltres Fire Blast and paralyze it (also consider Toxic on it), though this isn't the best way to beat Moltres of course.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
A specially defensive spread on Uxie lets you avoid the 2HKO from Moltres Fire Blast and paralyze it (also consider Toxic on it), though this isn't the best way to beat Moltres of course.
well uxie already survives moltres's fire blast and i can still paralyze them, if uxie is still alive moltres is a non issue but uxie cant switch in if it is weakened. :(

Molk

Godlike Usmash
bumping cause of the new title, and i decided to keep rotom

this is the official title

btw, should i try HP ground krow, or even hp rock for moltres lol

Molk

Godlike Usmash
updated team for new metagame, feel free to leave rates/luvdiscs again

edit: moxiekrow is ass, use SUPERPOWER

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nigga, you're catching up to my RMT! :O 4500 views!!!!
Apparantly Ru community is >MoxieCrow now. Good, good maybe I'll get back into RU now :D I hope to encounter your team to see how strongth it was gotten, good job bro :P

Roost is an important move on this set, and makes honchkrow particularly hard to stall out with weak attacks such as alomomola's scald.
Uhhhh ... I think you should correct this. Honchkrow really doesn't want to take Scalds as it will get burned.

Hey, i've been using a variation on your original team on PO and it's been a lot of fun.
i kept Uxie, Poliwrath, Stunfisk, and Honchcrow and made two modifications, see below:

Bouffalant OUT, replace with:
Sawsbuck-Win (Sawsbuck-Winter) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Megahorn
- Return

I switched Bouffalant for Sawsbuck, to maintain the sap sipper boost but, with horn leech, nab some fantastic coverage and reliable recovery. The EVs and nature are there to help it do it's job. I chose jump kick in place of nature power in order to better take on ferroseed, who otherwise gives my team a rough time. Choice Band to hit extremely hard on the switch, most often with a +1 boost thanks to successful stunfisk baiting. This thing is a monster. Horn Leech just plows through teams again and again, with stunfisk, cofagrigus, honchcrow and poliwrath covering his weaknesses perfectly. Grass is an extremely potent offensive type in RU, and once Sawsbuck's counters have been lured and removed or crippled, very few pokemon can stand up to multiple horn leeches.

I found that the team needed some more defensive bulk, so despite your all-out offense maxim i made the following change:

Rotom OUT, replace with:
Cofagrigus (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Haze
- Rest

The best counter to the physical threats as described in your descriptions has to be cofagrigus. if i can get residual damage on something, this thing will go all day. I removed EVs from SpD and put them into Def to enable him to do his job better. Haze is a vital move for this team, as it stops potential sweeps cold. Will'o'wisp is great for another status to work in conjunction with thunder wave, and residual damage is a great asset. Rest is also necessary to help it stay around, especially after an opposing sweeper is burned or hazed. I'm also finding that Cofag works great in conjunction with Sawsbuck to take on Sceptile, one of the most potent threats in RU.

Those are my changes. Love the team, best of luck with it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)