CAP contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion for smogon pertains to the CAP project, I know that many people contribute to every CAP but we can only make a few each year!

However my idea is that we hold a CAP contest, so people wishing to submit their "homemade pokemon" can!

I believe we could vote on our favourites and recognize the winner(s) as CAP pokemon.

We would of course have to follow all the CAP guidlines (i.e. artwork, concept stats, moves) and submit them all together.

They must also stay within reason and not be overpowered (i.e. reasonable stats and moves) these submissions could just be disposed of right away.

I believe this could exercise everyone's creativity and let us explore the metagame even further than our current CAPs

Please consider this as I believe it would be VERY popular

The CAP mission statement is:

"The Create-A-Pokémon project is a community dedicated to exploring and understanding the competitive Pokémon metagame by designing, creating, and playtesting new Pokémon concepts."

Your suggestion does not make sense in the context of this mission statement, and would never be recognized as a source of actual CAPs. This makes it hard to justify doing it at all.

As capefeather noted, CAP has a mission statement, and you should really read the whole thing. You'll notice a few key lines in it that utterly quash the ideas you propose here and all of which won't change. I have quoted the relevant lines for your convenience.
Mission Statement said:
This is NOT a forum to submit pre-built custom Pokémon from a Pokedex you created.
Mission Statement said:
This is NOT a forum to discuss every cool new Pokémon concept that pops into your head.

Yeah, CAP is designed first and foremost as a way to explore how the metagame works. Community consensus is generally seen as superior to the insights of a single individual in this regard.

Also, who cares if we only get a few CAPs per year? These are typically much better-made designs than other fakemon projects.

no... just no.

soon enough we'll get scizor #2 with a ghost/fighting typing, technician, 140 attack and shadow sneak/mach punch.

and it would take a lot of effort to program all the pokes into CAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)