VGC '12 Southeast Regional - Athens, GA - Won by Crow350!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)

Classic Center [ Map ]
Grand Hall South
300 North Thomas St
Athens, GA 30601​

Masters Registration: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM. Begin Play at 10:30 AM.
Junior & Senior Registration: 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM. Begin Play at 10:00 AM.

So! January of 2012 is already upon us, which means we can FINALLY start talking about 'this year' for pokemon, and the VGC National and World tournaments. BUT FIRST, we must train and prepare ourselves for the last round of regionals before the big games, and see if any of us here at smogon can snag first place in Athens, GA. I'm going to PERSONALLY assure that a smogoner wins this regional, but, that's just me... Feel free to post your planned attendance and any other useful information you want for travel buddies/meet ups! I'll keep an eye on this thread and update attendees accordingly, under Masters and Seniors.

Format
The tournament will be in the swiss format likely with no top cut. Players will be paired up against each other and every round they will play someone else with a similar record to them. After a set amount of rounds, the players with the best scores (with tie-breakers determined by the win percentage of their opponents) will receive their prizes. This means everyone will get to play every round and nobody is eliminated in the tournament!

Accomodations
The Pokemon Tournament Organizer for this event has been able to get discounted rates at a hotel about half a mile away from the Classic Center.
Holiday Inn Express
513 W. Broad Street
Athens, GA. 30601
Phone: 706-546-8122

Use the code "POK" when booking online or over the phone by March 23rd to get rooms for Friday and Saturday at $82+tax a night.
Attending
Masters

1. Brandon13569
  2. TheMantyke
  3. Killah
  4. Aiya
  5. Fishy
  6. TrollFreak
  7. PokeMaster366
  8. Noxe (+2)
  9. Crow350
  10. Crona
  11. ncsbert
Seniors
  1. dingram
  2. Otters
  3. KiwiDawg7
  4. digipoke1
  5. GalacticLegacy

A few guys from Georgia Tech (including myself) were planning to road trip to the regional so expect a load of masters participates from Atlanta!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's a hotel discount up now!

Accomodations
The Pokemon Tournament Organizer for this event has been able to get discounted rates at a hotel about half a mile away from the Classic Center.
Holiday Inn Express
513 W. Broad Street
Athens, GA. 30601

Use the code "POK" when booking online or over the phone by March 23rd to get rooms for Friday and Saturday at $82+tax a night.

There's a hotel discount up now!

Accomodations
Holiday Inn Express
513 W. Broad Street
Athens, GA. 30601

Booked my room, looks like a very nice Holiday Inn. Of course the one is Duluth was nice too. Guess I'm all set, see you guys there!

After losing Florida because of crappy rulings, maybe I can make up for it here. Anyway, Noxe +2(friends) will be at Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)