Name: Suicide Lead
Mothim @ Focus Sash
-Tinted Lens
Moves: -Quiver Dance
-Bug buzz
-Air slash/HP flying
-Psyquich/Hp fire

252 Speed 252 Spattack Timid

It is a pretty good anti-lead, if you see the opp is going to set up hazzards you can QD once or just go straight for the bug buzz, i really see alot of psyquich leads, in uxie/mesprit etc... Even if not, the +1 tinted lens bug buzz does a really nice chunck even to seels/flying types that may want to come in. It is a pretty dam usefull suicide that that can even sweep or come in latter if you can spin rocks or the opponent dosent have them.

Poliwrath.

[SET]
name: Bulky Phazer
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Bulk Up
move 3: Circle Throw
move 4: Waterfall
item: Leftovers
ability: Water Absorb
nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe

he's not perfect but I had some fun with this guy, switch into something you check or counter like say sharpedo, set up a substitute and they switch in their Poliwrath counter, force them out with Circle throw, there's a small chance that say something like sharpedo will return, allowing you to set up another substitute or just circle throw again if you expect them to switch in their counter. It's really useful of you have hazards in play too.

The Evs are for maximum SpD with enough speed to outspeed gligar with 4 evs in speed. I always think Poliwrath outspeed him but he doesn't.

You can run 252 SpD if you want to be more Specially Bulky but I have never found the extra SpD bulk useful against any special attacker as of yet but you never know.

Sweet Poliwrath, it's like fast (er...) Throh with a Water immunity! Can't find that much fault with it though.

On a different note: Aw man, it's Venomoth all over again!

Drifblim @ Leftovers
Timid
252 Spe/128 Def/124 SpD
Hypnosis
Stockpile
Baton Pass
Shadow Ball/Substitute

A set i enjoy running is a set for Eelekrik. It works fine with Eelektross, but i enjoy the boost in bulk over the boost in power.

[set name]- Eel... Snake... Thing...
[Poke]- Eelekrik
[move 1]- Coil
[move 2]- Wild Charge
[move 3]- Crunch/u-turn
[move 4]- Zap Cannon
[Item]- Eviolite/Leftovers/Electric Gem
[ability]- Levitate
[nature]- Sassy/brave
[evs]- 252 hp, 170 spD, 86 atk/spA

This set is a nice tank set i thought of a while back. With levitate, it has no weaknesses, just adding to it's survivability. For the items, eviolite is preferred, but leftovers could help with dealing with recoil from wild charge. Finally electric gem can be used to both boost the power of wild charge/ zap cannon. It also gives the advantage of a 1 turn 100% accurate zap cannon, (bar protect, detect, dive, dig, etc.) without coil boosting. As you will never miss the gem-boosted move when using the gem under normel circumstances.

As far as the moves go, Coil is the epiphony of this set, boosting atk, def, and most importantly, accuracy. Zap cannon benifits from coil as a few boosts will nullify it's terrible accuracy. Without spA investment, you wont do massive damage with zap cannon, but it is mainly on this set for insta-paralyse, both making for easier revenge kills, and possible parahaxes. Wild charge is you main source of damage output, as your higher atk stat and reliable accuracy make wild charge your more ideal choice. The final move is suggested to be crunch, as coverage from eelektrik's bone-dry physical movepool. But U-turn may also be used, as it allows for a way to gtfo and get SE damage on offencive threats like sharpedo and lilligant.

Sassy is the preferred nature to raise your spD while raising def with coil, but you can also use brave if you want more damage output.

Levitate is the only ability Eelektrik gets, and even if it got more, it would be preferred to avoid the prevelant spikes, t-spikes, and ground attacks.

Finally, the evs are mainly to ensure solid bulk. With 86 evs in either Atk or spA to boost the power of your moves. The evs in atk is preferred, but you can run whichever you want.

tehy

Banned deucer.
I use something very similar, except I run U-Turn over Magic Coat. But I think Magic coat is actually a better option.
Anyway, I just came up with a anti-lead Liepard set.
Liepard @ Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Torment/Pursuit
The basic idea of this set is to use Fake out on the first turn, consuming the Normal Gem so you get the Unburden boost. You hit 684 speed after Unburden, so you can fire up super-fast Taunts and Toxics. Torment stops Choiced Pokemon, most notably Typhlosion, while Pursuit hurts switches.
Doesn't liepard already have prankster?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Underrated RU mon number ONE: Eelektross.

Eelsextross @ Leftovers
Levitate
Sassy
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Coil
-Rest
-Zap Cannon
-Dragon Tail

This set defines "Bulky Booster." First of all, no weaknesses is amazing to have on a booster, and while Tomb has pressure and Sleep Talk, Eelektross gets the much more useful resistances to Flying and Electric, as well as superior attack power and coverage. Dragon/Electric is resisted by all of Steelix, who can do all of shitcockbadoodle back to you as you Dtail him out. You need not risk a CM war, as you phase out all your opponents. Rest prevents death by status.

The real gem of this set, though, is Crap Cannon. After just three coils, this move becomes 100% accurate, and with 180 effective power backed by a base 105 SpA and 100% PARALYSIS CHANCE, he makes the ultimate in parashuffling. Only a very few things can kill this guy once he's set up, and 93.75% of them via Trick. The others crit. If you use this on a spikestacking team and get at least two coils (not hard, as people tend to go to a defensive mon for some reason) he will cause either immense destruction or rage quits.

This might not be "creative" as such, but idk the RU movesets to be honest.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Hydration
Impish
252 HP
252 Def
4 SpD

Wish
Protect
Toxic
Soak

It can take hits like a monster, only anything Specially can reliably take it out i think. (i dont often use it) And in my very limited playing time in RU there aren't too many Electric/Grass types so you should be able to survive alot, even a Choice Banded Medicham's Hi Jump Kick can only do about 70-80%.

You can Soak poison/Steel types and toxic them too. Only things with Immunity can wall this thing.

Tauros@ choice scarf
4 hp, 252 atk, 252 spe
Adamant/ Sheer force

Retaliate
Zen headbutt
Earthquake
Stone edge

So lately ive been using retaliate on my scarf tauros and it is working quite well. First, is the surprise factor. Most people ive faced dont expect to see a scarf let alone retaliate. Second, is the sheer power of the boosted retaliate. Once all counters are removed, it is basically an OHKO, making this tauros pretty scary. The other moves i used are in case you dont want to use retaliate. Zen headbutt is another strong attack boosted by his ability that takes a hugh chunck out of pokemon not resisting it. Earthquake is for super effective damage on counters such as aggron and steelix, while stone edge is for aerodactyl. Overall, i really enjoy using this set as it is a great revenge
Killer.
(ps. This is my first creative set post. Feedback would be appreciated on how to improve ;D)

While I really like Tauros, it's really hard to pick it over Bouffalant and other competition in today's RU metagame. Going with retaliate, I would have to go with rock climb over zen headbutt as a reliable boosted STAB instead of mostly redundant coverage. Rock slide has some merit over stone edge purely for accuracy reasons because sheer force boosts it to near stone edge bp, but if the slight power increase is desired, stone edge is fine for the rock/ground coverage.

I prefer tauros over bouffalant because of how much faster he is. Taurous can effectively outspeed most of the tier with a scarf, while bouffalant is rather slow to be a scarf user, making it an ineffective revenge killer. I do agree with swapping zen headbutt for rock climb. Like you said, its basically the same coverage. I didnt think of rock slide so that could definately substitute stome edge on this set.

I've battled this tauros, and let me say, its not half bad, scarf makes it an unexcpected revenge killer, and since RU doesnt run many steels or ghost types, its a decent option, also, what makes tauros abit more useable than bouffalant is intimidate, a great ability making it easier to switch in foes like feraligatr, drappion, or scolipede. Its biggest problem might be stuff like defensive cofragrigus or steelix for obvious reasons.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've battled this tauros, and let me say, its not half bad, scarf makes it an unexcpected revenge killer, and since RU doesnt run many steels or ghost types
Cofagrigus is the most used Pokemon in the tier. Spiritomb, rotom and dusknoir all experience varying levels of popularity. Steelix, Aggron and Klinklang are all popular steels.

Pardon?

While this may be true, i havent seen more than two of those mons on one team. Once those are taken out, tauros is free to wreck havok.

RU underated Movesets

Oglemi said i could bump this thread

Here are two sets that are very useful, annoying, and they work.

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This set is annoying. That's all I have to say

Hitmonlee (M) @ Liechi Berry
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SDef
- Endure
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch

HOLY SH**!!! This thing is strong! Here are some damage calcs to show just how strong it is.

+1 252+ Atk Hitmonlee Reversal max power vs. 252 HP / 88 Def Amoonguss: (69.9 - 82.4%)

+1 252+ Atk Hitmonlee Reversal vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gallade:(129.24 - 152.34%)

+1 252+ Atk Hitmonlee Stone Edge vs. 180 HP / 252 Def Rotom: (55.24 - 65.38%)

+1 252+ Atk Hitmonlee Reversal vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Poliwrath: (98.43 - 115.88%)

+1 252+ Atk Hitmonlee Reversal vs. 248 HP / 144 Def Slowking: (65.64 - 77.35%)

As you can see, with Stealth Rocks and Two to three layers of spikes, Some of the bulkiest Pokemon in the tier, Even with resistance, are OHKOed. If you do use this set, though, my suggestion is to run Kabutops and Uxie. Kabutops counters Entei almost entirely, while getting rid of T spikes. Meanwhile, Uxie has heal bell to get rid of any status that happens to afflict Hitmonlee

And here is a battle using the two sets,

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru-21039638

Have fun. If you want to see these two sets in battle, challenge me on PS. I will be either Poke4everladder, Poke4evar, or Poke4ever.

I have one that could be used on hail teams:

Feraligatr (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Torrent (Sheer Force once released)
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
Nature: Modest
IVs: 0 Atk
-Hydro Pump
-Blizzard/Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power Fire

This set is extremely surprising since Feraligatr's special attacking options are overlooked. Hydro Pump is very strong behind STAB and specs, Blizzard keeps the BlizzSpam coming if being used on a Hail team; otherwise use Ice Beam. Focus Blast has great coverage and power, on Pokemon such as Kabutops and Cryogonal. Finally, Hidden Power Fire is used for Escavalier and Ferroseed.

Archeops @ Flying Gem
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Acrobatics
- Head Smash/Stone Edge

Suicide lead Archeops is a major threat to the RU Metagame. The set is will almost always guarantee you at-least one kill with a Flying Gem boosted Acrobatics and can usually net you 2-3 as-long as your opponent isn't packing something like Crustle. The point of this set is to kill as many pokemon as possible with the amazing power of Archeops until it falls into Defeatist range. Once it has fallen into Defeatist and it looses the raw power it had before then you set up your stealth rocks for the game. Head Smash is recommended over Stone Edge on this set as Archeops' longevity isn't important and the loss of power is noticeable due to the lack of a damage boosting item. Earth Power is also added as a powerful coverage move coming off Archeops' forgotten base 112 Special Attack stat allowing it to hit physical walls like Steelix and Qwillfish and also 2HKO them sometimes(after factoring in leftovers), something that Archeops could not accomplish with Earthquake and it forms the formidable EdgeQuake combination.

The only team support for Archeops is if you wish to counter opposing leads the Archeops fails to beat 1 on 1. The top two threats are Crustle who can live any hit(doesn't appreciate a flying gem Acrobatics though) and retaliate with a super effective rock blast OHKOing Archeops if it gets 3 hits and Aerodactyl who outspeeds and OHKOs with Stone Edge. To prevent this, you could counter lead with special attacking water types making Slowking a great partner as it can also help any team as a fantastic regenerating mixed wall and disposes of these threats with ease thanks to its great base 100 Special Attack stat. Give this set a try and you won't be disappointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)