Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Would HP Fighting do more than a rain-boosted Surf on Tyranitar? You're eliminating the sand boost to it anyway.
Rain-Boosted LO Latios Surf vs SDef TTar : 78.2% - 92.6%
HP Fighting LO Latios vs SDef TTar in the Rain : 78.2% - 92.1%

(unless I ran my calculations wrong.)

They do about the same damage, and Surf is more useful now that it is rain boosted. Even if it's not SDef TTar, the damage output is the same as long as rain is up.

I know you might think this Pokemon is useless, or that the way I'm using it is gimicky, but it is actually one of the most important Pokemon in my current team. I present to you...

Audino @ Light Clay
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD (O Spe IV)
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Trick Room
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Wish

Audino sets up Trick Room for my team early on. Because of TR, Audino is now faster than most foes and can easily set up either one of the screens. Because of the screen, it's most likely that she was able to survive the second attack. That allows her to either set-up the other screen, or switch out. Best case scenario, she sets up trick room, both screens, makes a wish and switch to another Pokemon, healing up with regenerator and healing the other Pokemon with her wish.

Any comments? I'm hoping maybe you could suggest more efficient EVs? I just max'd HP and made both defenses equal.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I also tested a Sunny Day variant, but SolarBeam doesn't OHKO Tyranitar sadly.
If you can "predict" a TTar switch in then just use grass knot. It has 120 BP against TTar and is a guaranteed 2hko. Also, if you desperately need to get rid off TTar you can also run a mixed set with earthquake. I used your set back in 4th gen (I had thunder in the last slot) and it was not bad, especially since it supported rain sweeper nicely. Now you may probably prefer things like Tornadus for that job since they're faster and have prankster.

@ Mewcario: That doesn't really matter, 1 IV anywhere doesn't do anything

Just mathematically, Surf will slightly outdamage HP Fighting:

Surf: 95 BP * 1.5 Rain = 142.5, 142 * 2 SE = 284 Power
HP Fighting: 70 BP * 4 SE = 280 Power

And just sayin, HP Fire still dents Scizor, even in rain

And just sayin, HP Fire still dents Scizor, even in rain
Just want to mention though:

In the rain:
HP Fire's base power = 70 * 4 / 2 = 140
Surf's base power = 95 * 1.5 = 142

So, you might as well be using surf if we're talking about Scizor... and in the rain. Versus Ferrothorn however, of course HP Fire has its use.

Rechargeable Hitmonlee.

Hitmonlee @ Cell battery
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 44 Hp / 252 Atk / 212 Spe ( 152 Hp / 252 Atk / 104 Spe)
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
- Hi Jump Kick / Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Bulk Up
- Blaze Kick / Bulk Up
- Earthquake / Bulk Up

Come in on a Electric attack and Watch the magic unfold. Hi Jump Kick for Extreme power but if you don't like the Shaky accuracy Close Combat is an alternative. Stone Edge provides great coverage with your Fighting move of choose but does have that terrible accuracy. Blaze Kick and Earthquake rounds of the coverage by hitting Heracross and Toxicroak respectively. Bulk Up can be used over any of your coverage moves to get more bulk and power when things switch. Adamant nature is used because the extra power is helpful while he can still outspeed everything he needs without a positive nature. 252 Atk for maximum damage, 212 Spe EVs are for outspeeding CS latios after the unburden boost while the rest are dumped in to Hp for a bit extra bulk. A spread of 152 Hp / 252 Atk / 104 Spe Jolly Nature still lets you outspeed Latios while also letting you take the Electric hits better, but the Attack Drop is noticable.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Just checking, did you take into account that you lose 1 Iv in Spa with hidden power fighting?
(late reply, forgot about this thread)

I did not, as I just ran the calc again with -1 Spa EV and I got 71.3% - 84.2%, which doesn't change much, and Surf is still the better answer.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Rechargeable Hitmonlee.

Hitmonlee @ Cell battery
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 44 Hp / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Hi Jump Kick / Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Bulk Up
- Blaze Kick / Bulk Up
- Earthquake / Bulk Up

Come in on a Electric attack and Watch the magic unfold. Hi Jump Kick for Extreme power but if you don't like the Shaky accuracy Close Combat is an alternative. Stone Edge provides great coverage with your Fighting move of choose but does have that terrible accuracy. Blaze Kick and Earthquake rounds of the coverage by hitting Heracross and Toxicroak respectively. Bulk Up can be used over any of your coverage moves to get more bulk and power when things switch. Adamant nature is used because the extra power is helpful while he can still outspeed everything he needs without a positive nature. 252 Atk for maximum damage, 212 Spe EVs are for outspeeding CS latios after the unburden boost while the rest are dumped in to Hp for a bit more bulk.
Sounds very interesting, testing this out

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus

Jellicent @ Life Orb / Spash Plate
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
(0 Spd IV)
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spe)
- Trick Room
- Hydro Pump / Water Spout
- Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
- Energy Ball / Recover

OTR Jellicent is tons of fun on a rain team. As you can see, it's pretty difficult to find the perfect moveset. Life Orb + Water Spout should only be used with Recover. Spash Plate boost Water Spout while maintaining it's power. Hydro Pump is a good alternative to Water Spout, but the accuracy and drop in power may become an issue. Energy Ball hits Gastrodon and Quag. Recover is nice for survivability. It let's you retain Water Spout's Power / heal off LO damage, although it hampers sweeping capability by burning TR turns and losing coverage. Your ideal support is Rain, a spinner and a wish passer. This set suffers from just being too weak outside of rain. It's great late game though and against offensive teams. inb4 somalia reference

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks I have been using it very effectively with all those T-Bolts, Thunders and Volt Switchs going about. He takes then pretty well with his great SpD but it's a shame that Cell Battery doesn't stop the damage.
Ya it would be really nice if it did stop the damage, but then it'd be too OP on things like Gyarados

goddam this thread got 85 pages. i don't know if serp is already here but i found a good moveset which shows great support and power:

Serperior @ Light Clay
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
-- Light Screen
-- Reflect
-- Leaf Storm
-- HP Ice/HP Fire/HP Rock

After deo-s was gone, I need somebody to run dual screens for my offensive team and I found this guy. In OU, the only non-scarfed poke who can outspeed him is starmie. Then contrary+leaf storm makes him abuse the screens himself.

Favorite set right now:
Gengar @ Expert Belt
Mild (+Spa/-Def)
176 Atk/240 Spa/96 Spe
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Icy Wind
-Shadow Ball

Outspeeds all neutral 80's, 2HKO on Blissey after Lefties, Icy Wind is great for prediction when you don't wanna waste HP and sub up, and it's actually more powerful than the standard Gar. Not supposed to sweep with him :P You could do 176 Atk/84 Spa/252 Spe with a timid nature, but I much prefer this one for power

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
This thread hasn't seen any activity for several weeks, so I thought I'd post something here. I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but I'd like to suggest a tangela set.

Tangela @ eviolite
Regenerator
252 Hp/252 Def/4 SpD
Bold
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Toxic
-Substitute/Knock Off/Reflect

This is pretty much the best set tangela can run with it's limited movepool. It loses out on a lot of physical attacks by not evolving, including earthquake, brick break, and rock slide. On the positive side, tangela's base defense isn't that much lower than his older brother tangrowth (only 22 points lower when maxed out).

The strategy behind this set is simple. Come in on something that you wall completely (such as dugtrio after he makes his kill) and put them to sleep. On the turn the opponent switches out, you can set up a substitute, use knock off, set up reflect, or hit them with toxic.

This set is extremely vulnerable to opposing grass types and xatu (in UU) (such as roserade and shaymin), so this set is best paired with something that can deal with them (such as chandelure). The OU metagame may be a little too fast paced and hard hitting for tangela, but in the lower tiers he can severely cripple teams that aren't prepared for him.

Ok, so this is my first time doing this, so it might be a bit scrubbish but here goes.

I refer to this as the "HotMama set."

Latias(always Female, dur) @ Flame orb
Ability:Levitate
Nature: Timid(Speed for attack)
252 Spe/128hp/128 SpA
-Draco Meteor
-Psycho shift
-Recover
-Thunderbolt/Mistball/Psychic/Surf

*snip*

so, what's the verdict?
Well, why wouldn't you just use Reflect instead of Psycho Shift + Flame Orb? It doubles defense as well, doesn't damage Latias, allows it to hold a usefull item, and supports the team.

Here's the pokemon I recommend. I'm sorry if the concept doesn't really fit or if it's not as original as expected.​

Archeops @
(Rock Gem)

Ability: Defeatist
Adamant nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~ Head Smash
~ Acobatics
~ Earthquake
~ U-Turn

Probably one of my most succesful leads I’ve ever tried out as it almost always can take, at least, one of the other foe's team mates. His ability... well, sometimes it may seem a drawback and in some situations it actually is. What’s his problem, then? His lack of recovery, of course. It needs Wish support, I can make his survavility easier. He will last, then, longer and hit harder. Recovery is so important especially because Head Smash’s recoil damage which, on many occasions, can take almost half of his HP on one turn.

His speed is incredible and can outspeed most common leads and not leads. Notice the object he’s equiped with: Rock gem, instead of Flying gem. Adamant nature, combined with Head Smash and Rock gem, along with his super speed and being a STAB, will almost always mean a OHKO to the opposing pokemon. It doen’t really matter its type nor its stats because almost always the foe will be destroyed (statistics will be added later on). Because of the recoil damage, Wish support is needed.

Because Rock Gem is consumed this first turn, Acrobatis will double its power. Scizor and the likes of it will be defeated easier. But let’s not be cofused and don’t forget that Archeops is, in fact, frail. You have to be cautious which pokemon you want Archeops to face, as he hates priority moves as Bullet Punch. Lastly, Earthquake adds nice coverage on the overall, as well as U-Turn, which allows to deal some damage, although minimal, and switch pokemon while keeping the pace of the battle.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This thread hasn't seen any activity for several weeks, so I thought I'd post something here. I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but I'd like to suggest a tangela set.

Tangela @ eviolite
Regenerator
252 Hp/252 Def/4 SpD
Bold
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Toxic
-Substitute/Knock Off/Reflect

This is pretty much the best set tangela can run with it's limited movepool. It loses out on a lot of physical attacks by not evolving, including earthquake, brick break, and rock slide. On the positive side, tangela's base defense isn't that much lower than his older brother tangrowth (only 22 points lower when maxed out).

The strategy behind this set is simple. Come in on something that you wall completely (such as dugtrio after he makes his kill) and put them to sleep. On the turn the opponent switches out, you can set up a substitute, use knock off, set up reflect, or hit them with toxic.

This set is extremely vulnerable to opposing grass types and xatu (in UU) (such as roserade and shaymin), so this set is best paired with something that can deal with them (such as chandelure). The OU metagame may be a little too fast paced and hard hitting for tangela, but in the lower tiers he can severely cripple teams that aren't prepared for him.
Yea, Tangela's bulk is really underrated; I remember getting owned by SJCrew's Tangela a couple of months ago. Tangela can definitely make use of its decent base 100 SpA to hurt physical sweepers, such as Dragonite, Landorus, and Terrakion, with HP Ice and Giga Drain / Leaf Storm. Giving Tangela some offensive presence is crucial to prevent it from being set-up bait for mons like SubDDNite or Sub Landorus, for instance.

Anti-Hazard setter xatu/espeon: Bold, 252HP, 252Def, Rocky Helmet
HP fire
Grass Knot
psychic
roost/morning sun

switch on a hazard setter to either reflect back hazards or take the hit. if taking the hit, rocky helmet will likely take a chunk off of their health which breaks sturdy (fortress, ferro, donphan, etc...) use grass knot for ground/waters and HP fire for steels, psychic is for tentacruel
xatu can also run thunderwave if a switch is imminent

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Modest
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def
Tailwind
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
HP Ice/Giga Drain

Specs Tinted Lens Yanmega is known for being incredibly threatening to switch in on, yet easily dispatched by faster Pokemon. This Yanmega takes advantage of the opponent's attempted sacrifice to set up Tailwind, boosting its speed and keeping the nigh-unwallable quality of Tinted Lens. Ideally, it will then be able to take down two or three Pokemon, possibly including its supposed revenge-killer. Before attempting a sweep with this set, any Special walls should be lured out earlier by revealing Tinted Lens. HP Ice takes precedence in the 4th slot because unlike the traditional SpecsMega, it's imperative to get OHKOs on multiple Pokemon rather than 2HKOing a switch-in. Giga Drain hits Terrakion slightly harder, but its uses are more limited.

Of course, by virtue of being Yanmega, this set is best suited to UU play. I post it here because the UU Creative Movesets thread is much less active than this one.

Well, I have never tried Yanmega before and don't know really what to say... I have also never tried UU. . . I guess the double speed from Tailwind would be good and Yanmega could die from 10 Life Orb attacks if it comes in on something it threatens. I don't know :3 but I do like the Archeops. The attack with Rock Smash with rock Gem WILL OHKO most of the time.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
Timid Nature (+ Def, - Atk)
Substitute
Disable
Will-o-wisp
Pain Split

I love this set. The thought process was that looking at the poor Gengar who had no defense that could use sub-disable I though why not Dusclops? He has enough bulk that not many common attackers in the metagame can break his sub. Then, he can use disable and go into something that benefeits from it! Next, this set completly shuts down Sub-Disable Gengar itself. In fact it can completly PP stall it. I have a battle log with this so if anyone wants to read it plz ask!

This was made by both me and my friend/tutor (not an official Smogon tutor) Navikiller. It has had great success so far and really works with one of my favorite pokemon!

That Dusclops just seems like Taunt bait to me. (At least I think it is; I can't remember if Pain Split is stopped by Taunt). Gliscor is particularly troublesome as it can even switch into Will-O-Wisp if its Toxic Orb has been activated. This is why I think you should use Night Shade over either Will-O-Wisp or Pain Split.

Night Shade allows you to wear down Pokemon that can't do anything to you faster than Will-O-Wisp will and you can use a Pokemon with Wish to get you back up to full health when you want to come back in.

(Man, Spiritomb is creepier than I thought.)
Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef (Feel free to try to find a better spread.)
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Psychic
- Pain Split

IMO, this is the best Pokemon to trap and kill annoying Pokemon like Espeon, Alakazam, Wobbuffet, and Chandelure (mainly if you're playing Dream World). These Pokemon are often forced to do little damage to Spiritomb as it wears them down with Pursuit or outright KO's them if they switch. Sucker Punch is the priority move of choice to take out more potent threats like Specs Latios and Chandelure. Shadow Sneak would be an alternative, but Spiritomb needs the extra power as even frail Pokemon like Alakazam and Gengar aren't OHKO'd by it.

The last two moves are what sets this Spiritomb apart from the standard Choice Band set. Psychic makes this Spiritomb a good check for Fighting-types like Mienshao, Toxicroak, and Conkeldurr and means it's not set up fodder for Keldeo and Terrakion. Will-O-Wisp could go in this slot to cripple most Fighting-types as well as Steel-types that switch in, but that would do nothing to Sub Toxicroak, Keldeo, and Special Lucario and would actually benefit Conkeldurr.

Pain Split is Spiritomb's only form of recovery outside of Rest, which would be a terrible idea this gen with the new sleep mechanics. Pain Split also deals damage to the opponent and is a great move to use after Spiritomb has taken out a Pokemon. Most Pokemon can't OHKO Spiritomb if it's in good health, so it can simply take an attack from whatever comes in and take a chunk of its HP away while healing it back to enough health to take another hit when it comes back in. This makes that Pokemon much easier to take down by the rest of the team.

This just occurred to me that there IS one good spinner in OU that can remove any hazards in the face of anything.

Donphan@Leftovers
Craeful, 252 HP / 200 Sp.Def /56 Defence
-Rapid Spin
-Odor Sleuth
-Earthquake
-Toxic/Ice Shard

This is so simple it's fireworks. In conjunction with the criminally underused Odor Sleuth, Donphan becomes capable of removing entry hazards in the face of ghosts who would switch into him. In the same manner that allows Hitmontop to perform exceptionally as a spinner, so too does Donphan possess the power to remove hazards from whatever's in sight. Running Toxic allows Donphan some leeway in crippling Jellicent, while Ice Shard allows for some priority hits. However the main role here is for the little elephant to get Odor Sleuth in on a ghost switch-in, and utilising Sturdy with Leftovers to help remove threats as such. A heavy investment in special defence is utilised to allow Donphan the ability to take a Scald from Jellicent and other special attacks from the high number of specially-biased ghosts.

The thing about Donphan is that it can't stop some of the most used Ghost types in the game (i.e. Jellicent, who proceeds to burn you), or just gets downright OHKO'd (Or 2 hit-KO'd, in the case of Sturdy). However, if you really need that Rapid Spin in (in the case of, for example, for a Volcarona), then it might just be worth it. However, I think Hitmontop does it better.

Now, stupid Xevo time! XD

Dragonite @ Chesto Berry
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Ev's: 4 Def, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Fire Punch
~ Rest

You know how annoying it is, when you think you have that Kingdra almost dead and poisoned, with 4 DD's up, and then it Rest's on you? Well, this thing is like, twelve times more annoying, due to its unique ability; Multiscale. Your opponent will most likely try and poison Dragonite, to make sure Multiscale doesn't go through. This set usually gets 2 - 3 DD ups before it has to Rest, and it can almost assuredly take another shot, while being a almost full after you get the boosts. From there... Well, you know what happens from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)