why dont you guys have a debate forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrp

Banned deucer.
explaining the purpose of a debate forum is cool too.

what exactly would we be debating

its self-explanatory. you have a single '4m' for basically all off-topic discussion. it would make sense to have a separate board to discuss current affairs or philosophical queries or ethical dilemmas or whatever topics that require a certain calibre of intellectual response, relegating all of the non-serious discussion/chat threads to your 4m. just my opinion.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
we used to have it as the way you mentioned, with congregation of the masses for serious discussion and firebot for non-serious discussion. it was decided that it would be better to combine them into one forum.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think a debate forum is literally the last thing we need, you have obviously never read the serious threads in cong or now a 4m.

considering i joined today that'd be pretty obvious. ive been on a couple of forums which have refused to add boards for serious discussion because they thought their members were too immature or it would require too much moderation and ive never really understood that line of logic; just because introducing it may be hard doesnt mean it shouldnt be done. but whatever i guess - at the end of the day you da men and whatever you say goes.

btw @tennisace is the gif in your signature from reservoir dogs

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I feel that this is not needed. Any serious discussion not pertaining to pokemon can easily be held in 4m. If you wish for you're topic to have a serious response, then speak seriously in the Opening Post (OP). (Example)

Well, a forum is the place for both serious discussion and joking around. You just have to read the threads to see which ones are meant to be serious and which aren't.

(looks like reservoir dogs to me)

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, a forum is the place for both serious discussion and joking around. You just have to read the threads to see which ones are meant to be serious and which aren't.

(looks like reservoir dogs to me)
Well you can generally tell from the title. Poor spelling and lowercase are indicative of fun threads, while more formal titles may include X Discussion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)