Smogon University PO Statistics — December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we really want is a Timid Raikou that can use Weather Ball and Aura Sphere. However, when Volt Absorb Raikou gets released, I would think that it would get some uses ober Jolteon in the form of a SubCM set. SubCM also makes better use of Raikou's superior bulk over Jolteon, but alas, we must wait for the next Nintendo event or game before we can enjoy Volt Absorb Raikou for ourselves.
Having used Timid Raikou with aura sphere ( teambuilder doesn't stop you changing natures) I can say it is a hit underwhelming in terms of power, even at plus 1 I failed to ko a Terrakion in the sand and it koed back. The same with Jolteon, volt absorb is a bit overrated as it's a dangerous prediction game because if rotom-w hydro pumps it ohkos in rain and almost does outside of it. Also plus 1 Dragonite kos Jolteon with extremespeed after 2 or 3 sr switchins so it's not the best check. There is a reason rotom-w is the tiers premier electric type.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Having used Timid Raikou with aura sphere ( teambuilder doesn't stop you changing natures) I can say it is a hit underwhelming in terms of power, even at plus 1 I failed to ko a Terrakion in the sand and it koed back. The same with Jolteon, volt absorb is a bit overrated as it's a dangerous prediction game because if rotom-w hydro pumps it ohkos in rain and almost does outside of it. Also plus 1 Dragonite kos Jolteon with extremespeed after 2 or 3 sr switchins so it's not the best check. There is a reason rotom-w is the tiers premier electric type.
I'm just saying that you probably shouldn't be using a Timid Raikou with Aura Sphere on PO. Not only if you get caught you'll be kicked from your match but it's just not being very nice too!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Total battles: 8
Total teams: 16
Total pokemon: 96
+ ---- + --------------- + ------ + ------- + ------ + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon | Usage | Percent | RealUse| RealPct |
| 1 | Snorlax | 9 | 56.250% | 7 | 53.165% |

Only 8 battles in the tier and Snorlax was used in nine of them :P

EDIT: umm, ok? I dont know why that wouldn't be obvious, its just s statement that a Snorlax was in every single game in the tier.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dream World OU is still the 3rd most played tier (go team!!!). Which is really cool for me at least. Though I have to wonder how many of those battles are people who don't know that a certain pokemon is unreleased.

Lately, I'm seeing a ton of

Tyranitar, Landorus, Terrakion, Scizor, Rotom-W, Filler.

This has to be the most common team in the game.

Dream World OU is still the 3rd most played tier (go team!!!). Which is really cool for me at least. Though I have to wonder how many of those battles are people who don't know that a certain pokemon is unreleased.
It actually is going to increase a little bit. I wanted to try out solar power Charizard the other night. I did all of its moves right, went to play, and got slapped into DW OU.

The reason? The newest upgrade sometimes makes your poke randomly female. Charizard can't have solar power without being male. It took me three battles to figure that one out.

Volt-Turn is a dominant force now... I wonder if it will ever be banned.
That's unlikely. A well-made team can play around it, and Scizor/Rotom, while fairly bulky, can't take repeated hits from neutral moves. This is especially true for Scizor, as he's grounded and takes damage from Spikes. If you can predict a switch-in, you can instantly remove one of them from the game. In addition, there are a number of viable pokemon who put a stop to both of their shenanigans, Magnezone being the first to come to mind.

What shocked me the most out of everything is that Wobbuffet is so low in usage. I can understand why he's not a top-tier threat, but he's all the way down at #82. That's behind pokemon such as Smeargle and Whimsicott. I'm not saying that they're bad (though both are RU), but that's quite a tumble for a pokemon that was deemed ban worthy two generations in a row.

I'm not really wanting Volt-Turn to be banned, but i've seen a lot of people repeteadly complaining about it.

Also, wobbuffet is a really dangerous pokemon. I've tested a sun team with Dugtrio + Wobbuffet and it's really overpowered, since you're almost guaranteed to win the weather war (unless if they pack shed shell ttar), and sun overwhelms the majority of the opponents.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, that may be easily solved... Antar, could you post 1337 stats for DW OU?

Well, that may be easily solved... Antar, could you post 1337 stats for DW OU?
Your wish is my python command. Stats are up. And let me just say, woww...

Regular stats:
Code:
 | Rank | Pokemon         | Usage  | Percent | RealUse| RealPct | 
 | 1    | Scizor          | 7359   | 13.741% | 5879   | 13.482% | 
 | 2    | Dragonite       | 6830   | 12.753% | 5426   | 12.443% | 
 | 3    | Ferrothorn      | 6410   | 11.969% | 5392   | 12.365% | 
 | 4    | Infernape       | 6194   | 11.565% | 5148   | 11.806% | 
 | 5    | Chandelure      | 5546   | 10.356% | 4556   | 10.448% | 
 | 6    | Politoed        | 5440   | 10.158% | 5114   | 11.728% | 
 | 7    | Heatran         | 5367   | 10.021% | 4339   |  9.950% | 
 | 8    | Gliscor         | 5298   |  9.892% | 4182   |  9.590% | 
 | 9    | Ninetales       | 4987   |  9.312% | 4707   | 10.794% | 
 | 10   | Forretress      | 4740   |  8.851% | 4209   |  9.652% |
1337 stats:
Code:
 | Rank | Pokemon         | Usage  | Percent | RealUse| RealPct | 
 | 1    | Tyranitar       | 964    | 51.277% | 902    | 60.422% | 
 | 2    | Genesect        | 883    | 46.968% | 841    | 56.336% | 
 | 3    | Gliscor         | 863    | 45.904% | 678    | 45.417% | 
 | 4    | Excadrill       | 849    | 45.160% | 504    | 33.761% | 
 | 5    | Ferrothorn      | 816    | 43.404% | 611    | 40.929% | 
 | 6    | Keldeo          | 557    | 29.628% | 428    | 28.670% | 
 | 7    | Dragonite       | 444    | 23.617% | 357    | 23.914% | 
 | 8    | Jirachi         | 394    | 20.957% | 268    | 17.952% | 
 | 9    | Celebi          | 391    | 20.798% | 267    | 17.885% | 
 | 10   | Jellicent       | 352    | 18.723% | 293    | 19.627% |

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't play DW so this may seem a silly question but... why is Infernape ahead of Chandelure? Surely Infernape is setup fodder for Chandelure in this tier?

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I'm not really wanting Volt-Turn to be banned, but i've seen a lot of people repeteadly complaining about it.

Also, wobbuffet is a really dangerous pokemon. I've tested a sun team with Dugtrio + Wobbuffet and it's really overpowered, since you're almost guaranteed to win the weather war (unless if they pack shed shell ttar), and sun overwhelms the majority of the opponents.
Wobbs is also a great way to get rid of the pain in the ass that is known as choice scarf landorus who just loves to come in on your volcorona after a quiver dance and use stone edge. Disposes of scarfed terrakion too.

Wobbs is also a great way to get rid of the pain in the ass that is known as choice scarf landorus who just loves to come in on your volcorona after a quiver dance and use stone edge. Disposes of scarfed terrakion too.

Tried out Wobbufet the other day for a ton of battles. It did an okay job, but Volt Switch and U-turn ruined its day every time.

Although I did have a hilarious battle with a Dugtrio. About 50 turns of not wanting to attack and unable to switch.

I don't play DW so this may seem a silly question but... why is Infernape ahead of Chandelure? Surely Infernape is setup fodder for Chandelure in this tier?
Iirc, they all carry U-Turn, so Shadow Tag is meaningless. Also, unless they're Choice-locked into a Fighting-type move, its doing a ton of damage. Even a resisted Flare Blitz will be doing a ton (remember, you don't have Flash Fire).
What's that certain unreleased Pokemon?
that's not vague at all Keldeo, Genesect, Meloetta. Pick one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)