Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'll give 1520 a try, I've tried the turn and walk on 1521 and it still seems to advance me to 1524. I don't understand it.

Also to clarify I've tried this on an emulator as well, as with memory viewer I can be exactly precise and still no luck.

Hi first time at RNG in 4th Gen i have done rng emerald & b/w. New Year Resolution to learn RNG in 4th Gen. I have read guides on first page etc but before i start new game on pearl i have some wondercards to clear so i have found spread method 1 via rng reporter i understand i add two frames to this frame and i have eon timer. However i'm unsure on coin flips and journal advancements. On my first try i did hit the correct seed but by the time i did coin flips to check seed and even without doing journal page flips (which i forgot to do)i somehow ended up on frame over 100? i have a npc in pokemart. So my question is after i hit seed do i then collect wondercard poke and then do coin flips? And how do i ensure journal loads after i press continue as its doesn't at present automatically pop up.i'm only doing seed on frame 3 (plus 2 as wondercard?) making 5 frame as just starting at something easy? After suicune shiny relaxed wondercard i have a smr10 jirachi that i want to rng for vgc12 in uk so any help advice would be a great help thanks

Hi first time at RNG in 4th Gen i have done rng emerald & b/w. New Year Resolution to learn RNG in 4th Gen. I have read guides on first page etc but before i start new game on pearl i have some wondercards to clear so i have found spread method 1 via rng reporter i understand i add two frames to this frame and i have eon timer. However i'm unsure on coin flips and journal advancements. On my first try i did hit the correct seed but by the time i did coin flips to check seed and even without doing journal page flips (which i forgot to do)i somehow ended up on frame over 100? i have a npc in pokemart. So my question is after i hit seed do i then collect wondercard poke and then do coin flips? And how do i ensure journal loads after i press continue as its doesn't at present automatically pop up.i'm only doing seed on frame 3 (plus 2 as wondercard?) making 5 frame as just starting at something easy? After suicune shiny relaxed wondercard i have a smr10 jirachi that i want to rng for vgc12 in uk so any help advice would be a great help thanks
Hi and welcome to 4th gen rng! First and foremost I recommend downloading PokeRng from the first post as it searches seeds ALOT faster than reporter.

Next is in rng reporter there is actually a tab for wondercard(right where you have method 1 selected), so this eliminates any guess work of adding 2(your right it's just more convient).

In Dppt unfortunately all marts have at least 1 npc but sandgem is the one I always use for wondercards. Next thing to note is that unless nature is locked in it will be a game of hope you get the right nature.

To get your journal to pop up you have to have a 3 day difference, and yes after your flips you collect the egg as fast as possible the check with coin flips.

Wondercard abuse can be brutal but stick with it and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Be aware that to be able to advance a single frame in DPPt you can use a Chatot with a custom Chatter. Just like in 5th gen, checking the summary of a Chatot with a custom Chatter advances the RNG by 1.

Hi just want to thank Zoap & Hozu for taking the time to reply. Sorry for delay I've just finished work and had a go at rng after work took me about 1 hour to hit my delay. I was trying for delay of 630 i hit every even frame from 620 to 642 several times and even hit 631 once but i've just now hit 630 and have my first ever RNG of any kind in 4th Gen. Once again thanks for replying i took your advice and used Pokerng and Wondercard Helper and Eontimer so thanks to the people behind those marvelous creations. I'm sure RNG breeding/wild pokemon/shiny pokemon etc will be a lot harder but i will finish my wondercards and then have a go at ID/SID abuse. Next stop Jirachi wondercard which i guess would be ideal as careful nature?

Okay so I am about to RNG my Raikou, but one problem. My radio doesn't pick up any stations. I am in the Champion's room right now saved in front of the auto-walk with only Raikou killed like the guide says. I haven't even tried to go to Kanto as of now. Johto is my only region therefore I can't check Latios' route.

Okay so I am about to RNG my Raikou, but one problem. My radio doesn't pick up any stations. I am in the Champion's room right now saved in front of the auto-walk with only Raikou killed like the guide says. I haven't even tried to go to Kanto as of now. Johto is my only region therefore I can't check Latios' route.
You probably need the Kanto radio update, since Indigo Plateau is in Kanto. You get the update from this guy in Lavender Town's Radio Tower after you clear the power plant side quest. You'll have to make Raikou re spawn and KO him again :/

You probably need the Kanto radio update, since Indigo Plateau is in Kanto. You get the update from this guy in Lavender Town's Radio Tower after you clear the power plant side quest. You'll have to make Raikou re spawn and KO him again :/
Oh okay thanks ^.^. When does Latios roam? At the Pokemon Fan Club like OP says? In that case I should KO both Entei and Raikou to RNG Latios there?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wanted to be clear a bout something: a dead battery Ruby/Sapphire essentially acts like Emerald, right? I also hear that it is seeded differently (something like 5A0?), but is there any other differences? And lastly, I've seen some new methods in RNG Reporter, specifically 3rd Gen. Could someone clear up which is which?

Wanted to be clear a bout something: a dead battery Ruby/Sapphire essentially acts like Emerald, right? I also hear that it is seeded differently (something like 5A0?), but is there any other differences? And lastly, I've seen some new methods in RNG Reporter, specifically 3rd Gen. Could someone clear up which is which?
It acts like Emerald in a way. All 3rd gen. games advance the frame by about 60 frames per second (although in FRLG, there are some cases where the game skips odd or even frames, and you have to resave or something to change them. Or at least, that's what I read somewhere), but the diff. between Ru/Sa and Emerald is that in Emerald, you always hit the same seed. In Ru/Sa, you hit different seeds and there's no way to control it. But once the internal battery dies, Ru/Sa will always hit the same seed: 5A0. So then it will act almost exactly like Emerald, except you hit a different seed so different IV spreads are possible.

The new 3rd gen. methods are Method H (-1, -2, and -3). They're very similar to Method J/K. This method has encounter slots, something that wasn't figured out before this. That's really all there is to Method H :P

As for why there are 3 method H's, I have no idea. All I know is that Method H-2 is the one that you will hit the most.

Okay I am back with another question :P I RNGed Raikou perfectly fine. So I killed off Latios only, so when I beat Lance will he be under frame 1, 6, or 11?

EDIT: Nevermind I found my answer by actually reading.
So it would be Frame 1 correct?

EDIT: Nevermind I found my answer by actually reading.
So it would be Frame 1 correct?
Yes, he should be 1 because he's the only one re spawning. But if Entei is roaming, you might start on frame 2 (or 3? I'm unfamiliar with roamer advancements) since he'll advance the frame. Unless you caught him too.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Method H. It's difficult to determine which one though, especially in FR/LG I've heard. Could be H-2 or H-4. I doubt H-1 though.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So I thought I was playing though Soul Silver with an ID/SID of 132/32280 so that I could get a shiny Latios.
I could have sworn that the PID I wrote down I was using was 53671DFA with a seed of 4C131778. The problem is that PID isn't shiny with my ID/SID. I'm trying for the life of me to figure what I possibly could have done to come up with that ID/SID to abuse. I remember using Pandora's Box with the Shiny PID feature. Any ideas?

So I thought I was playing though Soul Silver with an ID/SID of 132/32280 so that I could get a shiny Latios.
I could have sworn that the PID I wrote down I was using was 53671DFA with a seed of 4C131778. The problem is that PID isn't shiny with my ID/SID. I'm trying for the life of me to figure what I possibly could have done to come up with that ID/SID to abuse. I remember using Pandora's Box with the Shiny PID feature. Any ideas?
You must have messed up somehow, there's really no other explanation. Sorry!

Method H. It's difficult to determine which one though, especially in FR/LG I've heard. Could be H-2 or H-4. I doubt H-1 though.
Why does everyone say this? From my experience, the majority of wild pokemon I find are H-1, and very few are H-2.
You must have misread your handwriting as 63671dfa instead of 53671dfa.

I've got a sort of unrelated question (if it's not allowed, I'll delete it!) but here goes:

How do I get Eepid.exe to work? I downloaded it from the link posted in Hozu's guide but when I try to open it it says "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I tried reinstalling and it said the same thing. Does anyone know how to fix this? :o

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I've got a sort of unrelated question (if it's not allowed, I'll delete it!) but here goes:

How do I get Eepid.exe to work? I downloaded it from the link posted in Hozu's guide but when I try to open it it says "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I tried reinstalling and it said the same thing. Does anyone know how to fix this? :o
If you don't have the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable try installing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)