np: LC - Hello Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will these be implemented? I'm really looking forward to trying them out since I missed the Murkrow Era altogether

Huh. Not sure if I'm going to like seeing these unbanned or not, but it'll be fun playing this new metagame! I'm excited for the server to be updated.

Mienfoo is probably going to drop in usage now that Gligar and Missy and Murkrow are back (which isn't a bad thing, Mienfoo is really annoying). So is Gastly. Maybe people will start trying mixed HP Ice Mienfoo to deal with Gligar, but I doubt that would be effective. And I'm almost positive the 3 unbanned Pokemon will be the top 3 used!

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Alright, FUCK Scraggy!

Mienfoo is going to go DOWN, and damn I have missed Missy!

It's like a whole new metagame right now

SkyNet

MediEvil!
I can't see Meinfoo dropping right of the scale, it was popular in the Gligar metagame being a solid switch in to Scraggy. Snover and Chinchou are going to have their niche. I'm interested in seeing what will happen to all the pokemon that have risen to the top after the last ban.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As a little update, last I heard Antar said the banlist will be updated Wednesday.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Antar! We all appreciate what you do for the site a lot (=

I think a lot of people are forgetting that mienfoo has pretty decent mixed stats. It could run a HP Ice + 3 physical set well enough and still be able hurt like a mother. I also agree with who ever said that the unbanned are going to be on every team. There is just no reason for them not to be.

Also: Ice beams all up in this bitch.

metsrule158

Don't disturb him on his break.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hmmmmmm..... Interesting. this means that sand teams are going to go up again. Darn........ Now I need to make one myself.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
from what i understand vader and gk really wanted it and the other ones were like its cool, but its a cool mon that from my 10 lc battles in this meta doesnt seem too broken. em was on the fence, but lets at least test for a month and see if we can find a way to beat it consistantly before we decide to reban it (i dont see it right now lol)

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Hmmmmmm..... Interesting. this means that sand teams are going to go up again. Darn........ Now I need to make one myself.
as opposed to being used very little in the last meta....?

glig + missy should stay, idk about krow i gotta see.

where's tite? :(

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
nnah sand was used a lot in the end of the meta cause sand veil acrobat was what got gligar banwagoned banned. Murkrow imo is a pain in the ass but i dont know if i can call it broken.

also unbanning tits is being debated i think after the decision about the first 3 staying or leaving.

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
i know. i was there when it happened. my point was that metsrule's comment about sand going up makes little sense when taking into account the fact that we're transitioning from a meta where drilbur in sand was the subject of ban worthy debates.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All three Pokemon can hit at least that oh-so-important Speed stat of 19. From the 15 or so matches I've played, this whole bulky offense thing is pretty much on its way out. For starters, Murkrow with Life Orb is so ridiculously powerful that most defensive Pokemon can't hope to take it out (made even more severe by the fact that it has priority Substitute and Roost)- Steel-types are basically all that wall it, and virtually no Steel-type in Little Cup has reliable recovery (and if Murkrow runs Heat Wave, they lose to!). Misdreavus and Gligar also fulfill multiple roles, meaning defensive teams may not figure out what they're doing until it's too late.

want to test out murkrow but it's probably gonna get banned again -_-

gligar and missy are probably here to stay, maybe not missy but i feel gligar probably will

my thoughts just for now

Yea I'm no LC player, but I had the chance to play with Murkrow in the past before it was banned, and even without much LC experience, I managed to plow through a number of teams with just Murkrow alone. Prankster is really, really annoying, as Murkrow has a bunch of support moves such as Thunder Wave, Haze, Roost, etc. The mixed sets are also incredibly dangerous :/

Murkrow is probably not long for this tier...

hi yea OK so please stop with the "x is broken" comments because that's really missing the point completely

we unbanned them because we don't really think they ARE broken, or at least maybe just because we felt that last time people didn't really bother to adapt enough. i'd rather see you guys flop around a bit while figuring out stuff that metagames gligar/missy/krow than just immediately saying "man krow is borked wow."

basically, complaining a lot isn't what is going to make us do tier changes anymore... at least not by itself

Crux

Banned deucer.
Yeah this "Murkrow is so broken OMGOMGOGM" stuff is exactly what we are trying to avoid. The council believes that the Pokemon that have been unbanned were never broken and deserve to be unbanned. I, obviously, agree with this decision as I voted for it and wanted this for a very long time.

The general idea is, people thought Scraggy was broken for a very long time, even though as we can see now, since people actually bothered to adapt to it, it is obviously not broken. We felt that Little Cup's banhappy culture was detrimental to the tier and the general quality of the game. Basically, stop complaining because it solves nothing. Instead actually adapt to the metagame, instead of demanding it be adjusted to your needs :)

In terms of the Pokemon we unbanned, yes they are all strong Pokemon, but we feel that they are relatively balanced and it only takes a small amount of effort to prepare for them. Granted, if after some time we feel that the community has been unable to cope with the addition of any or all of these old (or new) threats, they can and will be removed at a later date.

I actually find that there are definitely ways to build incredibly powerful teams for this meta, taking advantage of Murkrow and co. and their weaknesses. If you are having trouble, and looking for a way to beat certain mons, feel free to look at my Old RMT in Issue 14 of the Smog, or any of the other teams of the era when these threats were unbanned for ideas on how to cope with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)