Move 3: Low Kick
Move 4: Hidden Power [fire]/Hidden Power [ice]
Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Hasty/naive
EVs: 188 Atk, 152 SpA, 168 Spe

Why this set deserves to be on-site:
-Easily able to bluff choice set
-Unlike other chlorophyll sweepers, shiftry takes on and beats huge threats to sun based teams including
-heatran
-tyranitar
-terrakion

-Not the same as the growth set as this one does not boost and relies on shiftry's offensive stats, and how fantastic they work with 2X speed
-Most sun teams lack a steel type, who protects from dragons, but shiftry can sucker punch freely when they are locked into outrage/choiced draco meteor
Additional Comments:
-EVs let shiftry out speed scarf terrakion, OHKO standard latios with sucker punch (assuming expert belt), and the rest were put into special attack.
-Leaf Storm KOes Politoed, but Solarbeam is 100% accurate and doesn't have SpA drops.
-Nature Power does not OHKO tyranitar, neither does leaf storm, and low kick can only kill if tyranitar lacks a chople berry.
-Only to be used on a sun team
-Giga Drain could be used, but even with life orb does not OHKO terrakion.
-Beats defensive duos like blissbro and ferrocent
Teammates & Counters:
-Walled by dragonite unless it carries HP ice, walled by skarmory and ferrothorn if it carries HP ice or Nature Power (earthquake), Nature Power OHKO's heatran, although low kick will do around 65%
-Ninetales is a needed teammate
-Shiftry does a good job of removing heatran, so team members that are usually troubled by him work well, such as volcarona or dragonite.
Also, Brizznetz's set
name: Wallbreaker
move 1: Leaf Storm
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Low Kick
move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
item: Life Orb
nature: Mild
evs: 112 Atk / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
refer, to his post for calcs

Slash Nature Power with Low Kick since using both of them is useless
Slash Explosion on the last slot (only if using LO though)
Use Hasty since it cant take any priorities anyway (but can take Water/Electric hits)

Otherwise its a pretty surprising and good set. Thanks for posting this

Slash Nature Power with Low Kick since using both of them is useless
Slash Explosion on the last slot (only if using LO though)
Use Hasty since it cant take any priorities anyway (but can take Water/Electric hits)

Otherwise its a pretty surprising and good set. Thanks for posting this
Natures both have advantages. If you run hasty, conkeldurr's mach punch can KO after SR. In the sun, water hits won't do shit anyways, really only residual damage. due to shiftry's crappy bulk nobody cares, as soon as a decent hit gets in he is (shift)FRIED. With hasty he can live fire blast from some tyranitar who aren't KOed due to chople berry, although sandstorm makes that kind of lucky. I slashed nature power, but Idk about explosion, its almost better to just switch him in on scizor's superpower or a draco later on to get stat drops.

Hasty is by definition never the best option
Use a nature that lowers your pokes lowest stat and raises its highest, and add a few evs in the lowest stat to make up for it, then you can squeeze a few more evs out

Well its always good on a fast and frail mon like this, give you a free switch and keep him threatening at -2SAtk

I've used this set in the past, and I've found that Life Orb is the better option. With the given ev spread, Shiftry isn't hitting incredibly hard. Also, I found that Hidden Power Ice has always been the better option since Low Kick already hits Ferro and sun team should have no problem with getting rid of Skarmory. Just some thoughts

just wondering how good is Shiftry at bluffing choice. I mean if it is the only chryohpll sweeper on a team I think most players would predict it. I think Life Orb should be the main slash because of that reason.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm I was going to post something like this, but I guess it slipped my mind. Anyway, I think the set should look something like this.

[SET]
name: Anti Weather Lead / Wallbreaker

I would mention that this set is a great anti-weather lead.
Low Kick vs 252/0 Neutral Tyranitar (113% - 134%)

Leaf Storm vs 252/252 Hippowdon (100% - 119%)

Leaf Storm vs 252/0 neutral Politoed (125% - 147%) (37% chance to OHKO SpD Toed, the lesser used set)

252 (+SpA) Politoed's Ice Beam vs 4HP/0 Neutral Shiftry (83% - 98)
This shows that Modest Scarf Politoed can never OHKO you

HP Ice vs 252/0 Neutral Gliscor (115% - 135%)

Sucker Punch vs 4HP/0 Neutral Latios (100% - 117%)

Low Kick vs. 4/0 Neutral Heatran (76.2 - 89.8%)

Sucker Punch vs. 4/0 Neutral Starmie (113.4 - 134.1%)

Sucker Punch vs. 4/0 Neutral Chandelure (107.6 - 126.7%)

Leaf Storm vs 252/0 Neutral Vaporeon (107% - 127%)

Leaf Storm vs 252/252 (+SpD) Jellicent (79% - 94%) OHKOs Def Jelly

Also mention that it breaks through common deffensive cores such as Ferro-cent, Gliscor/Rotom/Rachi, Chansey/Slowbro etc

Hmm I was going to post something like this, but I guess it slipped my mind. Anyway, I think the set should look something like this.

[SET]
name: Anti Weather Lead / Wallbreaker

I would mention that this set is a great anti-weather lead.
Low Kick vs 252/0 Neutral Tyranitar (113% - 134%)

Leaf Storm vs 252/252 Hippowdon (100% - 119%)

Leaf Storm vs 252/0 neutral Politoed (125% - 147%) (37% chance to OHKO SpD Toed, the lesser used set)
252 (+SpA) Politoed's Ice Beam vs 4HP/0 Neutral Shiftry (83% - 98)
This shows that Modest Scarf Politoed can never OHKO you

HP Ice vs 252/0 Neutral Gliscor (115% - 135%)

Sucker Punch vs 4HP/0 Neutral Latios (100% - 117%)

Low Kick vs. 4/0 Neutral Heatran (76.2 - 89.8%)

Leaf Storm vs 252/0 Neutral Vaporeon (107% - 127%)

Leaf Storm vs 252/252 (+SpD) Jellicent (79% - 94%) OHKOs Def Jelly

Also mention that it breaks through common deffensive cores such as Ferro-cent, Gliscor/Rotom/Rachi, Chansey/Slowbro etc
Ok, I'll post this as the main set, and leave the original As an alternative. I'll also Put in some of the comments you got. thanks!

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
They're the same set, but one's built for Sun teams whilst the other is built for weatherless. Since you've got a load of justification for how Shiftry beats the counters of Sun teams in your analysis, I'd say that's a more important role than an anti-lead, especially since people will be looking at the Shiftry analysis primarily to see how it does in Sun. Imo, you should be fine just mentioning the other EV spread in the AC for use on non-Sun teams.

They're the same set, but one's built for Sun teams whilst the other is built for weatherless. Since you've got a load of justification for how Shiftry beats the counters of Sun teams in your analysis, I'd say that's a more important role than an anti-lead, especially since people will be looking at the Shiftry analysis primarily to see how it does in Sun. Imo, you should be fine just mentioning the other EV spread in the AC for use on non-Sun teams.
Outside of sun... shiftry is a frail, slow, DECENTLY powerful attacker, his speed allows him to mow down other enemies. If you need something to beat tyranitar, use a conkeldurr or something.

Just saying, I doubt this can beat either Ferrothorn or Chansey/Blissey. I'llrun calcs later, but you seem to be underestimating Ferros physical bulk. Low Kick has no STAB, no positive nature and not even max EVs. Also I don't think it reaches 120 BP against Ferro. It only has 60 BP against the blobs, and Chansey can easily absorb it thanks to Eviolite, and Bliss can OHKO with Flamethrower.

That said, Sun teams lol at Ferrothorn. I also really like those calcs. This'll probably be approved, just be patient

EDIT: my apologies, I didn't see HP Fire, only Ice. So yeah, guess it beats Ferrothorn lol

Sun boosted HP Fire should KO Ferrothorn, no?
Depends on spread sadly. However most opponents find HP fire obvious on chlorophyll sweepers and aren't going to send ferrothorn in until after HP ice Is revealed. Not like sun teams have ferrothorn problems though. Pink blobs wall this, and so does tentacruel/toxicroak

You don't have to make two completely different sets if they have the exact same movesets, just give it the name mixed wallbreaker because that is what it is and then just mention in AC the inferior spread which is the first set. Nice work.

Here's my original post in the creative moveset thread way back when. It works best to weaken a team for another chlorophyll user to sweep. Life Orb is much better than Expert Belt because Shiftry rarely ever uses a choice item. Part of its appeal is that no one knows what you have cause no one uses Shiftry. And yea there's no way this thing can beat Blissey.

@ Life Orb
Lonely (+Atk, -Def)
44 Atk / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Chlorophyll
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire
-Sucker Punch
-Low Kick

This is the Shiftry that I used to use as an anti weather lead. It was part of my sun team that was meant to take on opposing weather teams both in sun and out of it (I used it in my archived warstory but I used it as death fodder to make sure I could Pursuit a Sub/CM Latias). I've found that it works well as both an anti weather 'mon and as a way to wear down threats like Heatran for another sweeper (I used Venusaur but Volcarona should work too). Here are some calc's for it.

Leaf Storm vs. 4/0 Neutral Nature Politoed (144.1 - 170.2%)

Leaf Storm vs. 252/252 Positive Nature Politoed (87.5 - 103.1%) 19.9% Chance to OHKO, but not many people run this set.

Modest Scarf Politoed'd Ice Beam vs. Shiftry (83.5 - 98.4%) Never an OHKO as a lead. Most people think it OHKOs so they stay in.

Low Kick vs. 4/0 Neutral Tyranitar (139.2 - 163.7%)

Low Kick vs. 252/0 Neutral Tyranitar (117.8 - 138.6%)

Leaf Storm vs. 252/0 Neutral Hippowdon (126.2 - 149%)

Leaf Storm vs. 252/252 Positive Hippowdon (97.1 - 114.8%) 83.6% chance to OHKO

Those are the three main weather abusers and it will only lose to prediction, Scarf Tyranitar, or a low damage roll on the lesser used Hippowdon set. Shiftry also works against some top threats even outside of sun.

Low Kick vs. 4/0 Neutral Heatran (76.2 - 89.8%) Not the best calc, but Heatran isn't fast enough to work with such low health and it can be easily revenge killed.

Sucker Punch vs. 4/0 Neutral Latios (102.1 - 121.2%)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Good skelly, Asterat. Just a few changes:

Set Comments
  • Change the name of this set to "All-Out Mixed Offense" since it is more appropriate
  • Change the EV spread to 112 Atk / 220 SpA / 176 Spe; Hasty Nature. It achieves all the signature KOs illustrated by Brizznetz and Blatreutka, while have the Speed to check even Cloyster after Shell Smash. When Rain is up, Shiftry still beats Timid SpecsToed to the punch.
  • Remove Expert Belt for Life Orb. It needs the power to attain those KOs.
  • Mention Blatreutka's / Brizznetz's explanation that Hasty Nature allows Shiftry to survive a Modest Scarftoed's Ice Beam at full health, allowing Shiftry to remove Politoed on that same turn.
  • Slash Nature Power with Low Kick. It does not achieve an OHKO on Tyranitar, but it achieves an OHKO on Heatran and Chandelure (w/ Rocks), which is just as important to a Sun team. It also comes in handy for hitting Fire-types that would have little problems switching into its other moves.
  • Mention that Tyranitar is a 2HKO with Leaf Storm -> Nature Power. Nature Power ensures a 2HKO on Wish Jirachi as well, whereas HP Fire is a 3HKO.
  • Explain the set: it OHKOs Politoed and Hippowdown with Leaf Storm and OHKOs or 2HKOs Tyranitar with Low Kick or Leaf Storm followed by Nature Power, effectively dispatching opposing weather summoners.
  • Explain the set: removes problematic Fire-types, like Heatran and Chandelure with Nature Power; removes Latios with Sucker Punch; can revenge-kill DDNite with HP Ice; a solid check to Terrakion and Landorus; HP Fire virtually OHKOs Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Forretress, preventing them from setting up hazards.
-Most sun teams lack a steel type, who protects from dragons, but shiftry can sucker punch freely when they are locked into outrage/choiced draco meteor
  • Sucker Punch does not do enough to replace a more consistent revenge killer. Remove the mention of dragons, and state instead that Shiftry has a strong STAB priority to make use even outside of weather.
  • Mention that Sucker Punch OHKOs Latios and Starmie
AC
  • Shiftry is walled by Chansey / Blissey, so remove the mention of BlissBro defensive combination.
  • Giga Drain fails to not only OHKO Terrakion, but also Hippowdon and Politoed, so mention those 2 weather summoners as well.
Teammates and Counters
  • Offer teammates suggestions that can deal with Chansey / Blissey or Dragonite. Scizor, Scarf Terrakion, Scarf Haxorus, Scarf Darmanitan, Trick Scarf Latios all comes to mind.
  • Mention Stealth Rock support to break Dragonite's MultiScale and to weaken Volcarona down to Sucker Punch KO range - Donphan and Forretress are good defensive options, while Mamoswine and Infernape are good offensive options

Include every information that I have provided here into your skelly to beef it up, and this should be good-to-go.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I Think HP Ice should be the first slash, because If You are running sun to begin with, Ninetales can take care of those steel types such as Skarm and Ferro and Forry. HP Ice much better for Dragons like 'Mence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)