A World Record Performance - Play! Pokemon article on IN Regional Senior Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
and bothersome Steel-type Pokémon that resist Discharge.
lolwut

Anyway, it's always good to see more detail in their analyses, though it's still really annoying how they keep dancing around the concept of EVs.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Good to see they are still doing these.

At that point, Abomasnow is switched in almost immediately to replace the current weather condition with Hail, thanks to its Snow Warning Ability. This can be immediately disruptive, as Pokémon like Kingdra and Excadrill lose their speed boosts from Swift Swim and Sand Rush, respectively.
I don't like that statement regarding Swift Swim. If you don't know better, it sounds like this will change the turn order on the turn Abomasnow switches in when it won't.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I didn't know Hidden Power and Protect were both one and the same TM. Compact discs people, get with the times.

I can't wait until someone wins with an extremely conplex spread of EVs and the writers screw up explaining what they do.

I'm guessing they want to discourage metagaming by making it seem like these teams were organically created in-game, or something like that.
Or maybe if they did mention it, it would send the message that Pokemon = Animals = Machines. Either way, it would do something that would lead to the Pokemon Company being sued by some stupid animal rights organization *coughStupidPETAcough*.

They are slowly getting better with vocabulary.... I want to see a trick room or sun team get featured soon. All the teams so far have been pretty cool, but none of them truly unique. Good strategies, yet very run of the mill all the same

Ryan's team looked pretty similar to Mychael's. I'd say it was published because it goes great with the Arnold's recent world record. The team looks really great, congrats to him for winning! It's interesting to note that all 4 players that have had their teams covered have had great success in playing Pokemon through the past few years.

Ryan's team looked pretty similar to Mychael's. I'd say it was published because it goes great with the Arnold's recent world record. The team looks really great, congrats to him for winning! It's interesting to note that all 4 players that have had their teams covered have had great success in playing Pokemon through the past few years, something I noted.
Even though I've seen Luke's team, it would have been nice to see a write-up on it, or Brian's from the Junior division. I'm not complaining, just saying that there were other interesting teams from world class competitors in all divisions at Great Lakes.

Edit: Nice badge.

Yeah, definitely. I'm actually really curious to see what Brian was using, Brendan's competition this year!

(Thank you btw :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)