Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
2. In FR/LG, If a reverse timer was made, it would make rnging slightly less miserable?
I'm not sure what you mean here. Reverse?

looking for more answers/confirmation of this :toast:
Anything is possible. Generally I think such things are done using less legitimate methods though. The timer used to create them moves at a ridiculous speed, iirc. I suppose if you could slow down execution on the emulator, it would be easier.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Oh, I guess that would make sense.

I could probably do that if there were interest. I do lose track of this thread though so pm/vm would be good if that is a request.

Oh, I guess that would make sense.

I could probably do that if there were interest. I do lose track of this thread though so pm/vm would be good if that is a request.
I don't think he was requesting a reverse timer, I think he was asking if it would make RNG abuse in FRLG easier. But I don't see what difference it would make :P

Hi can anyone help with 4th Gen RNG in Pearl Diamond I'm saved in front of Uxie and i'm totally lost on using Rng Reporter 9.3 for synchable seeds. In 4/5th gen time-finder i have input Method J Encounter type stationary pokemon i have selected iv's all 30+ except attack
Now do i input the nature i'm after in the box that says synch nature? as i have kirlia with synch ability with calm nature but if i tick synchable frames only no seeds appear if i untick the synchable frame only box i get 50+ seeds some calm and some other natures. For example i intended to use seed 7017028A as on various frames from 79-149 it has 30+ iv's which seems ideal. Am i doing this bit correctly?
Now if i copy that seed into the front page of rng reporter it only gives me one frame to hit at frame 93 with occidentary 204? so i'm totally confused on whether i'm after lots of frames between 79-149 or just one on frame 93
And is there a way to find if you close in hitting seed/delay as when doing my wondercards i used wichu wondercard helper is there anything similiar for doing stationary legendary pokemon.

Hi can anyone help with 4th Gen RNG in Pearl Diamond I'm saved in front of Uxie and i'm totally lost on using Rng Reporter 9.3 for synchable seeds. In 4/5th gen time-finder i have input Method J Encounter type stationary pokemon i have selected iv's all 30+ except attack
Now do i input the nature i'm after in the box that says synch nature? as i have kirlia with synch ability with calm nature but if i tick synchable frames only no seeds appear if i untick the synchable frame only box i get 50+ seeds some calm and some other natures. For example i intended to use seed 7017028A as on various frames from 79-149 it has 30+ iv's which seems ideal. Am i doing this bit correctly?
Yes, you're doing that right. Not sure why no frames appear if you check the Synchable frame box, but whatever :P

Now if i copy that seed into the front page of rng reporter it only gives me one frame to hit at frame 93 with occidentary 204? so i'm totally confused on whether i'm after lots of frames between 79-149 or just one on frame 93
You can't just paste the seed in there and then hit generate, there are some other things you need to change on the main window. Change the method to Method J, the encounter type to stationary pokemon (not like that matters, though), and choose Calm as your sync nature. Now that you've selected Calm as the sync nature, you should get all those other frames.

And is there a way to find if you close in hitting seed/delay as when doing my wondercards i used wichu wondercard helper is there anything similiar for doing stationary legendary pokemon.
Yeah, there is a way. You can use Seed to Time from RNG reporter. Go to 4th gen. tools and select seed to time from the drop down menu. From there it's kind of self explanatory (but if you need help, post again). I hope I helped!

I'm not sure what you mean here. Reverse?
Instead of going to zero, it will start at zero and it will show frames instead of seconds

Example let say I am aiming for a mewtwo. I would start the timer when A is pressed the second time, other researchers stated it was generated at that point. Then I would catch a pokemon and find the seed I hit. From that I would find the seed and look for a spread that is on a distant frame and try to hit it.

Edit
Oh... It as POJ stated I am just wondering would a timer like this would make fr/lg retail abuses more doable.

Hi just a quick thank you to Princess of Jonto as after your advice i managed to snag my uxie with a calm nature might use it for uk vgc12. Off to do azelf and heatran which have been waiting on my pearl cart since 2007 before i have a go at restarting game with id/sid abuse.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've been trying to get an Enigma Stone Latios. I finally hit my seed after three days of being trolled by every other nearby delay, called Irwin up to frame 18 (to hit my frame 19 spread), and...got a Latios that matched frame 23. Did moving NPCs somehow screw it up that badly, or is there something else I don't know about?

I've been trying to get an Enigma Stone Latios. I finally hit my seed after three days of being trolled by every other nearby delay, called Irwin up to frame 18 (to hit my frame 19 spread), and...got a Latios that matched frame 23. Did moving NPCs somehow screw it up that badly, or is there something else I don't know about?
It's definitely the NPCs. Hit your delay again and this time advance to frame 14, since the NPCs advanced by 4 frames, plus the one you get from interacting with Latios. 14+5=19 :]

Hi i'm after mesprit in pearl game cart with seed 52140289 modest flawless but unsure what frame i will aim for? Just spent 3hours rng without success but on checking rng guide its a method 1 pokemon and i was using method j frame! My question is in the guide it states mesprit starts frame 5 which is fine but as its a roamer do i take 1 frame off as well. I havent done cressilia yet so am i rnging for frame 114 -5-1 so frame 108 or is it frame 109 any help would be really appreciated thanks

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi i'm after mesprit in pearl game cart with seed 52140289 modest flawless but unsure what frame i will aim for? Just spent 3hours rng without success but on checking rng guide its a method 1 pokemon and i was using method j frame! My question is in the guide it states mesprit starts frame 5 which is fine but as its a roamer do i take 1 frame off as well. I havent done cressilia yet so am i rnging for frame 114 -5-1 so frame 108 or is it frame 109 any help would be really appreciated thanks
Yes you need to advance the frame 108 times.

thanks once again hozu you also helped me with my dry battery sapphire question as well. i'll get round to that rng abuse after finishing this pearl cart from 2007 hopefully might be a guide on egg abuse by then i've done my starter abuse but i got totally lost on egg abuse on sapphire.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry but I don't know about R/S egg abuse. However, some of the principles behind it are the same as Emerald egg PID abuse. Particularly the way one needs to generate the egg.

While we're talking about dead battery R/S...are captures similar to Emerald? Any easier? Any differences besides lack of sync?

The only difference is the seed that you hit (5A0).

I've never done Ru/Sa abuse, though, so I'm not speaking from experience. But I'm almost positive that's the only difference!

Yeah I was thinking about trying Method 2 like I would in Emerald and seeing if it works...but I thought I'd check. The only thing I've done in Ruby so far is my starter and that was Method 1...

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wild mons are actually method H. Usually H-2. However Synchronize does not have an effect outside of battle until Emerald. And most of the available spreads totally suck.

I'm using the old version of RNG reporter at the moment, e.g. wild Emerald Pokes are Method 2 or sometimes Method 4.

I may end up answering my own question, I just caught a test mon and it was Method 1 not 2.

Is H-2 the same thing as the old Method 2, but with encounter slots?

And I don't want anything great, I just need a decent wingull for my in game team...with no sync finding one to use by random chance has gotten too annoying -__-

I see. How come the spread I'm looking at shows up when I generated Method 1 and Method 2, but not H-1 or H-2? The Method 4 spread I just hit a minute ago does show up on H-4.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I see. How come the spread I'm looking at shows up when I generated Method 1 and Method 2, but not H-1 or H-2? The Method 4 spread I just hit a minute ago does show up on H-4.
Some Method 2 spreads are non-existent in H-2. The same thing happens with J/K.

Yeah, I guess I was wrong but I thought I heard that somewhere :P

Anyways, it doesn't really make a difference with his results. If he hit frame 23 and he stopped advancing at 18, the NPCs advanced by 5 frames. So if he goes to 14 he should hit his target!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)