Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TalkingLion, are you asking for a challenge? Because I'm gonna give one to you!

5v5 doubles
Completely unevolved, non-single-stage mons only
2 recovers/5 chills
3-day DQ
Arena: Rainbow Road

Yes, it's the final track of every Mario Kart game. There is no external water source or grass on this track, but thanks to the floating rocks in the final section of Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road, there are rocks available in this arena. The rainbow track is sturdy enough to allow seismic moves to be used. Dig can be used, but instead of its usual effect, it will remove anything on the pokemon that switching would remove, but the pokemon will have to forfeit its next action and 5 energy to return to the arena. Between the digging action and the return to the arena, attacks directed against the pokemon will miss unless the pokemon or its attacker has No Guard. Because of Dig's effect change, it cannot be used while taunted.

At the end of every round, each pokemon gets one of the following at random:
  • Item Box (20% chance) - allows the pokemon to use any one move with a base energy cost (ie, before STAB and other modifiers) of 8 or less. This move then costs 5 more energy than normal. The move may be one that the pokemon doesn't know or one that the pokemon cannot normally use for some reason (such as Surf, or Swords Dance while taunted); however, the item box cannot be used to use Dig in the usual way, a move that can never be selected by Metronome, a combo or any non-move command like Chill or Dodge. Once the move is used, the item box is consumed. If a pokemon with an item box gets another item box, this item box is discarded.
  • Coin (80% chance) - adds 1 damage (after weakness and resistance) to all direct damaging moves used by the pokemon. Coins are not consumed but if a pokemon receives a coin when it already has 10, the new coin will be discarded.
If a pokemon switches or uses Dig, it will lose any item boxes or coins it is holding.

Looking for further training

Training AND Beginner battle
1v1 Singles
DQ time: 1 day
No Recovery/No chills
ASB Arena

(please allow training items at least)

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Sorry Wanderer, but I'm dropping my battle with you to do my part for the Internets!

1v1 Middlemons battle
2 Day DQ
No Recovery or chills
No subs
No Items
No Abilities

Arena: SOPA and PIPA 'Stadium'

All attacks with a BP of 7 or higher are CENSORED and cannot be used.
All nonattacking moves are CENSORED and cannot be used.

This battle is a statement to oppose the possible bill that could go out.
This battle is not intended to be fun. It is intended to make a statement.
This battle is an example of what the Internet would be if the bill passes.

PROTECT TEH INTERNETZ. CHEEZBURGURZ 4 ALL

Well, since I have an open slot again...Hey Yarnus! I challenge you!
3v3 NFE singles
1 sub
2 recovers/5 chills
2 day DQ
And the arena is...
Yume Nikki
Field Type: Depends on the battlefield (see below)
Complexity: Ridiculously Intense
Restrictions: Depends on the battlefield (see below)

Description: The pokemon fight within the dreams of a little girl who may or may not be severely messed up. Who knows what could happen...

At the end of each round, unless using an effect dictates otherwise, the ref will RNG d4. Depending on what is rolled, the corresponding event happens:

1. Nothing happens - Continue the battle as normal.
2. Change battlefield - Change the arena (See Battlefields).
3. Effect - RNG a player. That player gains an effect (see effects).
4. Arena Event - What happens depends on the arena the battle is currently in (See Battlefields).

Battlefields: If the RNG at the end of the round lands on a 2, the ref will RNG d5. Whatever number it lands on, the environment will turn into the corresponding arena:

1. The Nexus - A creepy place full of aztec-like paintings on the floor and a circle of doors in the center. This arena is pretty vanilla, as despite there being no plants, water, or even dust, it is somehow possible to use any move in your repertoire. This is the arena at the start of the battle.
Field Type: Neutral
Restrictions: None
Arena Event: Strange eggs pop up in front of the pokemon. Each player gains an effect.

2. Snowfield - A vast field of snow, the occasional tree, and a few igloos. It is always hailing, and only the umbrella effect can override this. There's no water source, unless you have a fire move to melt some of the snow. Also, there's too much snow to take advantage of Grass Knot.
Field Type: Ice
Restrictions: Always hailing (only umbrella effect can change the weather), no water source initially, no Grass Knot
Arena Event: Brrr! All pokemon in play are frozen. Ice- and fire-types are immune to this.

3. Corpse Road - A rainy, forested highway with a dead body in the center, hit by a car, most likely. It is always raining, and only the yukionna effect can override this. Puddles are everywhere, making moves like surf viable.
Field Type: Ghost
Restrictions: Always raining (only yukionna effect can change the weather)
Arena Event: Your pokemon swears it sees that corpse twitching...for next three actions, all pokemon in play suffer -2 to their attack and special attack stats.

4. Pastel Lake - An island in a strangely pink body of water and balloons floating in the sky. If the pokemon is not holding an item, it can grab onto one and gain the benefits of an air balloon - however, it will only work in this arena. There's also an odd house that's home to a girl with a ponytail...and a horrifying abomination, too...
Field Type: Water
Restrictions: Pokemon gains air balloon if not already holding an item (disappears at end of battle/switching of arena)
Arena Event: It's Uboa! And he's scared the crap out of your pokemon! For the next six actions (or whenever the arena changes, whichever comes first), each pokemon in play has a 50% chance of being unable to attack. Ghost-types are immune to this.

5. White Desert - A vast, desolate realm where the sky is black and everything else is stark white. There's no water or plants; just Monoko, a bizarre girl with limbs sticking out of every part of her body...
Field Type: Ground
Restrictions: No water source, No Grass Knot
Arena Event: Monoko starts spinning around recklessly, crashing into your pokemon. All pokemon in play suffer a fixed, typeless 15 damage that bypasses substitutes and any means of evasion.

Effects: Occasionally, the RNG may bestow a player with an effect. In which case, the ref will RNG d100 to determine just which effect that is. Some effects are passive and last only for a round; others allow for a single use, but can only be used within the round. Passive effects take effect the moment you get them, while usable effects take up a single action, do not cost any energy, and has a priority of -9. Moreover, non-damaging effects can be used even while taunted. Only one team member at a time can use an effect, so if you get one in a doubles or triples battle, you will have to choose which pokemon gets it. The effects are as follows:

1-10: Bicycle (Passive) - The pokemon rides a bicycle, and gains +1 priority to all its attacks for the next round.
11-20: Lamp (Passive) - The pokemon's head turns into a lamp, illuminating any and all weak spots. All of the pokemon's attacks will bypass any type immunities or abilities that would negate damage for the next round. Any other effects of said abilities, however, will still take effect (e.g. using a fire attack on a pokemon with flash fire would do damage, but still boost the power of his fire moves).
21-30: Nopperabou (Passive) - The pokemon's face disappears, and gains the ghost type and all its benefits (in addition to its current types) for the next round. If the pokemon is already ghost-type, it gains +2 to its attack and special attack instead.
31-40: Frog (Passive) - The pokemon's head turns into that of a frog, and gains the water type and all its benefits (in addition to its current types) for the next round. If the pokemon is already water-type, it gains +2 to its defense and special defense instead.
41-50: Yukionna (Usable) - The pokemon turns into the snow woman and summons a hailstorm that lasts for 6 actions, even in the corpse road.
51-60: Umbrella (Usable) - The pokemon sports an umbrella and summons rain that lasts for 6 actions, even in the snowfield.
61-70: Demon (Usable) - The pokemon turns into a red-skinned demon and uses the attack Thunderbolt. If it's raining, the pokemon will use Thunder instead, with a 30% chance of bypassing protect/detect. Either way, this attack costs no energy.
71-80: Hat and Scarf (Usable) - The pokemon dons a winter hat and scarf and uses the attack Ice Beam. If it's hailing, the pokemon will use Blizzard instead, with a 30% chance of bypassing protect/detect. Either way, this attack costs no energy.
81-90: Stoplight (Usable) - The pokemon turns into a stoplight, cures both itself and its target of taunt, and renders a single opponent unable to use damaging moves or taunt for the rest of the round. The user cannot use such attacks either in that same timeframe. Moreover, If the current arena is the white desert when this is used, The RNG will be skipped at the end of the round, and the arena event will be triggered.
91-99: Medamaude (Usable) - The pokemon's head turns into a hand with an eye in the palm and does a fixed, typeless 15 damage to a single opponent that bypasses substitutes or any means of evasion (like a Machamp with No Guard). If the arena is not the Nexus when Medamaude is used, the RNG at the end of the round will be skipped and the arena will change to the Nexus.
100: Knife (Usable) - The pokemon bypasses substitutes and any and all means of evasion, and stabs a single opponent with a kitchen knife, resulting in an automatic KO - no ifs, ands or buts. A player may not use this effect in a 1v1 singles match, a match where his opponent has only one pokemon left, or if he's already used the knife earlier in the battle. If the ref RNGs a knife in any of these cases, s/he will reroll.

Open Challenge!

My return to ASB itb

1v1 FE Battle
2 Day DQ
1 Substitution
Arena: The Ref's Mind
Field Type- Varies
Complexity- Simple-Super Intense
Format- Varies
Restrictions- Varies

The Ref's Mind: The mind is a powerful thing, so its time we used it to maximize the opportunity to have interesting battles! The battlers have somehow found themselves inside the creativity center of the referee, and they are at his mercy! the ref can make anything happen, and controls all aspects! from the arena setting to the accuracy of moves to the color of the pokemon! for example, the first round might be in an volcano, and if a player uses a bug type move twice his opponent will lose 10 energy! the match can be as simple or as intense as the ref wishes. Battlers have fun coping and adapting to what the refs throw at you!

I'd like to know who I'm battling please!
Me and LadySalamence still need a ref for this

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
BRAWL ME.

5v5 NFE Brawl
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills max per mon
1 Substitution
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Format: All

Restrictions: No Restrictions

Description: Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about 4.5m wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is 24m wide, 33m long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than 18m). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle.

Anyone?

I Challenge Demo Gorgon to a Beginner Battle:

Beginner Battle:
3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
1 Substitution
Arena: ASB Arena.

Actually, I accepted that on the last page. However, since SimonSays wants it as well, I'll just issue an open challenge.

3 vs 3 Mixed Triples (1 FE, 1 MC, 1 LC)
3 Day DQ All
2 Chills / 5 Recoveries
Arena: Type Gimmick Stadium
Pretty much the ASB Arena, with 2 gimmicks: 1) STAB is worth 5 instead of 3, and 2) Each Pokemon's type is randomized at the end of every round (roll out of 18, with "none" being the eighteenth type; roll twice per Pokemon).
OK, I'll take this.

No Items
All abilities

Should be fun.
Still awaiting a ref.

I accept Maxim's challenge with the following terms: Each Pokemon gets 1 ability, no items are allowed, switching is allowed as the trainer see's fit (i.e, whenever you want)

Challenging Ice-eyes
3v3 Singles
2 day DQ time
2 Recoveries/3 Chills max per mon
1 Substitution
Trainer Items Requested
You choose arena

Also Open Challenge
1v1 singles
10HR DQ
0 Recoveries/0 Chills max per mon
1 Substitution
ASB arena good?

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I guess Ill have a rematch with Mog.

Items = Training
Abilities = All
Switch = 99 Red Balloons

Ok, I suddenly have not much going on in ASB so.........

OPEN CHALLENGE!
2v2 Doubles
NFE's (First Stage)
2 Day DQ
ASB Arena

Scrapping my blitzball challenge for a challenge of Fling.

2 vs. 2 Doubles
48 hour DQ for players, 72 for ref.
Infinite recovers/chills.
Arena: Land of Fling.

In this arena, every pokemon automatically gets fling, no matter what they are(Yes, even a Magikarp can fling). Though there isn't much to fling in this arena, that's where it gets fun. Creativity is a requirement here. On the ground, the floor has a very slight amount of water on it to be gathered for a Surf and for water pokemon to be able to breathe, but it also means seismic activity is prohibited. All flying is allowed, and gravity is banned, because it would ruin the fun of flinging. Also, just for awesome's sake, you can fling pokemon in this battle if weight/proportion is right, and it's recommended you do so.

For ye who accept it, I recommend no items... Because that would take away from the purpose of this fun place!

Open Challenge Time!

1v1 Singles Faceoff!
2 Day DQ
1 Recover, 5 Chills
ASB Arena, unless you have a better idea.

Requesting that items be on, even if only for training items.
That Amulet Coin is going to pay for itself if it kills me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)