Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

@Waterwarrior I has a few things.
1. Awesome update, you're really getting good at this! Also, if you think Daroach is hard *evil grin* just wait until you get Tingle. MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

2. How are the votes coming in? I'd like to remind everyone again to vote if you haven't yet, and to remember that there's a second round of voting after page 95.

3. I'm going to edit in a Pokemon for you Yellow challenge, just give me a few.

@Everyone else including waterwarrior.

My next update should be up either sometime tonight or tomorrow, I've gotten through Silph Co. and am about to take on Koga and Sabrina. Sabrina is going to be a bitch though, seeing as half my team is weak to Psychic.

EDIT:

waterwarrior take Haxmaster the Zubat. Will edit in this terrible pun of a Pokemon in a moment.

Haxmaster is, as his name suggests, A MASTER OF THE HAX! As such, he can ONLY use moves with a random element. Basically any moves with a unreliable second effect (no giga drain or anything for example, as its secondary effect happens every time) and confusion inducing moves. Indeed, to increase the hax he can only ever attack if his opponent is confused, so he can keep the hax going at all times. For all his haxing ways however, he is still a member of both the noble flying and poison type clans, and as such must take on the enemies of his clans. But he won't settle for taking on the lowly members, oh no, he's imagining something much more grand. Have him take on the leaders of the opposing Psychic and Electric type clans (the Rock clan is already defeated by the time you get him). This means you have to solo Lt. Surge. With a Zubat. Yeah. He can't evolve until after that. As for the Psychic, Solo Sabrina. I refuse to respect gamer's "reservation" of a gym solo, since he should really have a goddamn challenge before doing that. So yes, solo Sabrina. With a Golbat. Oh, and the Ice clan is also a dick to his clan, so solo Lorelei. With a Golbat.

Have fun, and try not to pull your hair out :P

@TheReptile and Jimera0:

All I can say is... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (is secretly scared for how ass this is going to be)

@AOPSUser

Yea, I'm a major herpderp. I'm going to have to refuse Fuck Rocks. As far as I know, there are no users by that name (or is it a cleverly disguised one like hAxmaster, where my herpderpiness is shown even more?)

2. How are the votes coming in? I'd like to remind everyone again to vote if you haven't yet, and to remember that there's a second round of voting after page 95.
I've only received 7 people's votes, so if you haven't voted.. don't make me feed you to this evil Golbat (good thing I don't have to look at it from the front...).
This includes you Ax, IAR, Lolcat, and others I missed.

Oh, yea, you don't have to be a long-time poster to vote you know. Do you have one post in this thread? Then you're eligible.

Ok, let's look at my challenges.........my MEDIUM LEVEL challenges:

@Axmaster: borderlines on hard :(. I'll attempt it, but I don't expect happy results.
@Grassblade: accepted and welcomed :D
@loudkirbyking: rejected because I said villains and Izzie is not a villain.
@User18: accepted (I chose fire ^_^)
@Professor Science: awesome!! Accepted!
@waterwarrior: Are. You. Nuts??? No!! (please no revenge challenges that are evil).

Also, waterwarrior, is there a spot still left open?

@KS, fine. I'm giving you Deidara, will edit in this post. And yes, there IS still a slot open.

KS, take Deidara the Baltoy. I'm really pissed that Baltoy's don't have genders, because it would've been a girl one (yes I know Deidara's actually male). Obviously, he wants to be like his namesake in every way possible. Deidara loves tricking his opponents, so he must know his Psychic STAB at all times. He loves making clones using his clay, so it must know Double Team. Obviously, what's Deidara's favorite thing to do? MAKE THINGS GO BOOM! Therefore, he must use Selfdestruct/Explosion whenever he goes in to the red, as he will not be simply defeated. You must KO any of Steven's pokes with Explosion, as there is no Ground gym leader/ E4 Deidara feels he must end the way the real Deidara did, killing himself for the chance to capture Gaara (of the funk).

Oh yeah, it wasn't a revenge challenge before, but now it is :P

EDIT: @gamer4000, I'm giving you 20 minutes until I revoke your reservation, and AOPSUser still has a slot reserved, but has until midnight tonight to make a new challenge (or the same one, with a different name)

Waterwarrior, take JimTime the Gyarados.

I will edit soon.

Do you really want difficult?? Well guess what? You are getting Jimera's Challange......from the mirror world!!

Jimera said that the Gyarados that I gave him is his MVP. This, however, will not.

Gyara shouldnt forget his lovely defenses that are so far overshadowed by his awesome offensive skills.

You should have 0 offensive moves other than Dragon Rage.

Solo your Rival at the Silph Co., Giovanni at all times, and Bruno. Do these solos using less than 10 items total.

Have fun and good luck.......you will need it.

Okay waterwarrior, I'll reserve for you.

Waterwarrior, take gamer40000 the Charmander. Now as we all know, gamer40000 is the biggest ninja in history. Seriously, he only edits his reservations at the very last moment. So, your Charmander must only use an attacking move every third turn. However, gamer4000 is not the best ninja in the world- Koga is. To improve his mad ninja skills, gamer40000 must solo Koga. After completing this, gamer40000 may evolve into Charmeleon. All of gamer40000's restrictions carry over.

Now, gamer40000 realises that he hasn't been living up to his name- he is a gamer! So, gamer40000 must work towards completing the game. Now how do we beat Pokemon Yellow again? Oh yeah, I remember, you have to catch 'em all! So, whenever you come across a wild pokemon of a species you haven't caught yet, immediately switch gamer40000 in and catch it. Now of course you can't actually catch very pokemon in Yellow, since not all of them are available. So, you must complete an even harder goal. What is is? Why, get a Porygon of course!! Seriously, buy a Porygon from the Game Corner. After getting your amazingly awesome Porygon, gamer40000 may evolve into Charizard.

As a Charizard, all of gamer40000's restrictions carry over. Now he has an awesome Porygon to show off!! Your Porygon must always be in the party with gamer40000, because he loves to gloat. But, there's a problem. From all that time in the slots, gamer40000 has become a compulsive gambler! So, you must go to the Game Corner and win at least 1000 coins every two hours of gameplay. This constant gambling degrades gamer40000's life. So much in fact, that he loses all ability to use Fire-type moves. He loses all his friends, since he is not an awesome, fire-breathing dragon like everyone expected him to be- he's just a gambling addict. To prove to everyone that he is a true dragon, gamer40000 must solo Lance. After completing this, all of his gamer40000's restrictions are lifted, and you get an awesome Charizard that everybody loves.

(no offense gamer40000)

And also, thanks to everyone who has given me pokemon for my Emerald Scramblocke!! waterwarior, your Trapinch is accepted. Now I'm just waiting on Sage Chow for some clarification, and I'll write it up!

Lets see... I'll accept KS's Gyara on the condition that I can have a second offensive move, but I'll compromise and make it so that I have to solo the rival, Giovanni, and Bruno with Dragon Rage. ...Please?

@gamer4000, ninjas suck. Therefore, get me another one by midnight, k? XD

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi denizens of the Scramble Challange thread! I used to visitor-creep the original thread back before it apparently became super popular and now, holy balls, there's a second one. Coolio.

So yeah, in before "lol noobsauce."

I'd like a chall[e/a]nge for my copy of Black, please!

-Unfortunately, my cousin currently has my copy of White, so I can't trade at the moment. It's Gen-5 so I'll need a starter anyway. Or a Pokemon that can be caught close to the beginning of the game, that's cool too.
-I'd like a moderate-to-hard difficulty, please! Maybe not as brutal as a standard Hard Scramble, but still with a fair bit of struggling. This will be my first attempt, after all.
-Duplicate typing is okay, I guess, but I'd prefer not too much of it and that they were dual-typed too... Having two pokemon with a subtype of Rock or whatever is totally fine by me, just not four that are mono-Rock or whatever.
-I don't mind how long I have to wait to catch some Pokemon. Having to wait until Route 9 or whatever for a Pawniard? That's cool. However, to avoid the amount of horrible grinding I'd have to do to catch up, I'd appreciate being able to have four Pokemon before I exit Chargestone Cave.
-This isn't a Scramblocke, so please, no <if it faints X times, box it> restrictions.

Thank you! Placing reservations is totally cool, so go for it! (However, please don't reserve and then make me wait for three days to actually receive the Pokemon... obviously.)

P.S. I am absolutely terrified of tarantulas so if you give me a Joltik/Galvantula just know that I will despise you forever. No, really. <3

@Mafeking, reserving a Gothita

Mafeking, take Gothdevoir the Gothita. As you have already noticed (and if you haven't, go get glasses), the Gothita line is just the Ralts line, but goth. As a Gothita, it can only use moves that Ralts can also use. It must solo 5 trainers to evolve. As a Gothorita, it begins to show its angsty, hipstery teen nature, and only has to have 2 moves that Kirlia and Gothorita share. It must solo 10 trainers and an entire Gym to evolve into Gothitelle. Fully evolved, it has its goth side fully fleshed out, and only needs to have one move that Gothitelle and Gardevoir share. However, this isn't nearly the end of its restrictions. As a Gothitelle, you must solo every trainer-owned smiling Pokemon you see (unless it conflicts with another solo), as it wants to share its unhappiness around all of Unova.

EDIT:
@KS I'LL TAKE IT!
@gamer4000
gamer40000 said:
Can I just replace the Magikarp with a Horsea? It took me about 20 minutes to write that, and I don't have anyone else I can represent, but I will make a new one if I can't change.
Sure

@Waterwarrior: second offensive move must have less than 80 BP. Your item usage is lowered to 6.

Reserving Purloin for Mafeking!!!

Here is your C&P'd Challange!!!

Here it is: take Oh Snap the Purrloin. It must learn and keep Sucker Punch ASAP. You must also max out Sucker Punch's PP ASAP. Sucker Punch must be used first when Oh Snap enters the battlefield. It cannot switch moves until Sucker Punch's PP has been depleted. If Sucker Punch's PP is depleted at the end of a battle, BACKTRACK to the nearest Pokecenter ASAP. You can extend your time because the move Assist also counts as Sucker Punch. The same restrictions apply.

To recap:
1. A Purrloin named Oh Snap.
2. Must know Sucker Punch and Assist ASAP.
3. Must maximize the PP of said moves ASAP.
4. Must use one of said moves first when it enters the battlefield.
5. May not use any other moves until both moves are out of PP.
6. If both of said moves are out of PP at the end of battle, BACKTRACK to the nearest pokecenter to replenish them.
7. The backtracking is negated inside of gyms and the E4.
8. Must solo the psychic E4 member using only Assist.

Reserving a Joltik for Mafeking.

Mafeking, take Jerktik the Joltik!

First, this Joltik has to always be in your party.

Second, he starts with one free move. You get the rest by either catching a Joltik and raising it to the first number of the power/ accuracy (for status moves) of the move (9 for Bug Buzz, 10 for Thunder Wave) or catching that many Joltik. He must always have a TM, he can only have 3 moveslots after evolution and the costs cost double (and renew your costs), and it must solo Drayden and solo 30 ground-types.

Have fun!

P.S: If you unlock a moveslot, it is there forever, but you must upgrade after you get a move that costs more. (e.g. If you get Electroweb, then replace it with Double Team, you have to solo/catch 4 more Joltiks.) You also have to start over after evolution. On the good side, free experience!

Mafeking

is a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving a Joltik for Mafeking.
You da best, G.

No actually I am all >:( at you right now. But whatevs. I've been curious to use one but am actively too afraid to make myself catch one, hence why I added that, in hopes that someone would make me.

Anyway this will also be a placeholder post for my team.
1) waterwarrior's Gothdevoir the Gothita. As a Gothita, it can only use moves that Ralts can also use. It must solo 5 trainers to evolve. As a Gothorita, it begins to show its angsty, hipstery teen nature, and only has to have 2 moves that Kirlia and Gothorita share. It must solo 10 trainers and an entire Gym to evolve into Gothitelle. Fully evolved, it has its goth side fully fleshed out, and only needs to have one move that Gothitelle and Gardevoir share. However, this isn't nearly the end of its restrictions. As a Gothitelle, you must solo every smiling Pokemon you see (unless it conflicts with another solo), as it wants to share its unhappiness around all of Unova.

My Opinions: A pretty solid Pokemon! I actually used a Gothita on my last [like two months ago] Black playthrough and was pleasantly surprised. Thankfully, Gothita learns practically every TM that Ralts does, so I'll be able to satisfy some conditions that way.

2) King Serperior's Purrloin.
1. A Purrloin named Oh Snap.
2. Must know Sucker Punch and Assist ASAP.
3. Must maximize the PP of said moves ASAP.
4. Must use one of said moves first when it enters the battlefield.
5. May not use any other moves until both moves are out of PP.
6. If both of said moves are out of PP at the end of battle, BACKTRACK to the nearest pokecenter to replenish them.
7. The backtracking is negated inside of gyms and the E4.
8. Must solo the psychic E4 member using only Assist.

My Opinions: I'll be honest. I dislike Purrloin. But at the same time, I'm glad this challenge is making me use Pokemon I normally wouldn't [read: Purrloin, Joltik, Woobat, Tepig] so I'm okay with this. Also, Assist is one my favorite moves in the game! I think it's super funny.

3) gamer40000's Jerktik the Joltik!

First, this Joltik has to always be in your party.

Second, he starts with one free move. You get the rest by either catching a Joltik and raising it to the first number of the power/ accuracy (for status moves) of the move (9 for Bug Buzz, 10 for Thunder Wave) or catching that many Joltik. He must always have a TM, he can only have 3 moveslots after evolution and the costs cost double (and renew your costs), and it must solo Drayden and solo 30 ground-types.

Have fun!

P.S: If you unlock a moveslot, it is there forever, but you must upgrade after you get a move that costs more. (e.g. If you get Electroweb, then replace it with Double Team, you have to solo/catch 4 more Joltiks.) You also have to start over after evolution. On the good side, free experience!

4) The Reptile's Jack, the Pansage. Jack is a samurai, and can only use Physical Attacking moves. Jack must always be in your party. Jack strives to be better than your starter and can never be 5 levels lower than Tepig. If he is, level him up until he's the same level as your starter. You cannot use Jack for the first gym leader. Jack must solo any and every gym leader not part of a challenge. Jack cannot use a SE move until the opponent is at yellow health, then it must finish of the pokemon using a SE move if it's available. Once Jack is in a battle, you cannot switch him out until he is at red health. You cannot use any items on Jack, and he must always have a held item at all times. You cannot evolve Jack until he is at least level 30 and is at a higher level than your starter. When Jack evolves, you must teach him a TM move that is either a Physical Attacking move or a stat-boosting move ASAP. Depending on what you chose determines Jack's next restriction.
- If he has another attacking move, remove any item on Jack. Jack can no longer hold items. Jack must lead your party at all times.
- If he has a stat-boosting move, he must use this move twice every time he is brought into a battle as soon as he enters the battle. Jack can never switch out and must stay in until either he faints or the battle is won.

My Opinions: Probably the easiest challenge, in my opinion. But that's probably because I use Pansage a lot [hooray for Shaking Grass encounters in the Forest!] so I already know how to react to this. Using only Physical moves is fine, as Seed Bomb and Acrobatics are pretty standard on any Pan/Simisage I run. Soloing non-solo-required Gym Leaders will be interesting though... thankfully Skyla and Brycen are out, so I'm not at any type disadvantages. Clay is easy, duh. Lenora will be an issue due to levels, and Elesa has those stupid Emolga with Flying moves. Drayden should be okay by that level.

5) Jimera0's Woobat, named IH8U. This Woobat hates the fact that he's associated with friendship and love and stuff and so he refuses to like you. He will hate you, to show that not Woobat are kissy wubbykins! He's way too cool for that! Have him learn Frustration as soon as possible (Nimbassa is where you can buy the TM), and he cannot learn Heart Stamp or Attract. He refuses to hold that sissy Soothe bell either. He must also learn a dark type move ASAP (Assurance pretty much comes standard so this shouldn't take long) to show how he can be dark and brooding too. But this isn't the tricky part, not yet. No, you see because he hates you, he refuses to listen to you. Instead, he does whatever the hell he wants. When in battle with him, roll a 6 sided die. 1 corresponds to the move in the upper left moveslot, 2 to the upper right, 3 to the lower left and 4 to the lower right. If you roll a 5, he decides to listen to you for once, and you can chose whichever one you want. If you roll a 6, you have to switch him out of the fight because he refuses to fight anymore.

That would be it, but there's a problem with IH8U's little protest against lovey doveyness. Despite his declared hatred of you, the more time he spends with you the more he realizes that he actually kind of likes you. Each time you get a badge, you have to roll the one less turn as often. So after you get one badge with him on your team, you only have to roll the die every 2nd turn, after 2 every third turn, and so on. Eventually he'll find himself evolving because he likes you so much, and then he can no longer pretend he hates everything. Replace Frustration with Return, and the die rolling restriction is removed. However the other restrictions remain in place, as he has no intention of being a sissy nonetheless. You may rename him to whatever you want after this, as he trusts you enough to give him a good one.

My Opinions: This challenge screams obscenities at me. Or, rather, I'll be screaming obscenities at Woobat until I get a few badges and stop having to roll a die so much. I have such bad luck, it's awful. Boo. However, I do like this idea!

6) EndQuote's Tepig, Cinders, which has some sort of mental problem. I am not going to lengthen this post to the extreme by including all the relevant information. Here's all that good stuff.

My Opinions: I love the creativity of this idea! Most of these requirements aren't too difficult, I think, so it won't neuter my ability to use Tepig. But they're very creative and I'm quite interested.

Current Gym Leader requirements:
1) Pansage may not be used against Cress.
2) Tepig must solo Burgh to evolve into Pignite, and then later solo Brycen and his Gym.
3) Gothorita must solo a Gym of my choice. [Probably going for Skyla here... Because Shock Wave is available as a TM on Route 7 and I know for a fact that Gothorita can learn this. Also, there's no way Pan/Simisage could solo Skyla.]
4) Joltik must solo Drayden.
5) Pansage must solo all other Gyms that don't have a requirement. [Lenora, Elesa, Clay.]

Current Elite 4 requirements:
1) Liepard must solo Caitlin using only Assist.
2) Emboar must lead and defeat two of Grimsley's Pokemon.

Evolution requirements:
1) Tepig must solo Burgh to evolve into Pignite.
2) Pignite must defeat one Pokemon of each type to evolve into Emboar. (This is post-Brycen's Gym.)
3) Gothorita must solo a Gym of my choice to evolve into Gothitelle.

I will be doing a Scramble of LeafGreen.

1) No drudgery.
2) No killing off other pokes.
3) Easy to easy-medium difficulty.
4) 2 hour placeholders.
5) I like creativity.
6) I will come up with my own nicknames, please don't give me any.
7) Be specific. If I don't understand your challenge, I'm not taking it.
8) I cannot trade.

Fire away!

A Clefable for Zipo. I will edit soon ^_^

Restrictions:
1). Must forever know a TM move bought from the Game Corner.
2). Evolve directly after soloing your rival at Nugget Bridge.
3). Forever know Metronome.
4). Solo Erika.
5). No HMs on Clefairy
6). Hold an item at all times.
7). Land the final blow on Lance's Main Pokemon.

Good luck my friend ^_^

Please note that this is a variation of my Signature Random the ______.

Mafeking

is a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving for Ziposaki. It's gonna be a Bulbasaur. \m/

Edit!:

Hi guys I am a Bulbasaur and I am the cutest starter ever yes/yes?

Your Bulbasaur really enjoys being the first Pokemon in the world! Well, according to the Pokedex anyway. It's great to be so cute!

Because Bulbasaur really enjoys being cute, it struggles with the idea that it must one day evolve into the not-as-cute Venusaur. As such, it must retain its cuteness by learning Sweet Scent! [level 25 as Bulbasaur, level 29 as Ivysaur]

It takes delight in all things that are green and cute! So, basically, it really likes Erika's Gym. If you're feeling a bit brave by this point in your Scramble, have Bulbasaur solo Erika's Gym! However, as is more likely, you won't want to test your luck with all the NVE hits, so don't have Bulbasaur fight Erika at all.

Additionally, it really wants to retain its friendship with Blue/Rival's Charmander. During the Elite Four challenge, your Bulbasaur [Venusaur, whatevs] senses that your Rival's Charizard is near! As such, have it use Sweet Scent against one of Lance's Pokemon in order to try and tranquilize the raging monster behind the Champion's doors.

In Summary:
-Bulbasaur is cute!
-Bulbasaur/Ivysaur must learn and keep Sweet Scent before evolving into Venusaur. Sweet Scent must be kept from then on. [It has its uses, you silly people who only play the games offensively.]
-Either solo Erika or don't have Bulbasaur fight Erika at all. Your choice. :)
-Against Lance, have Bulbasaur use Sweet Scent because it loves your Rival's Charizard. You're not required to use Bulbasaur against Rival's Charizard in the Champion battle though, that would be mean.

EDIT EDIT:

lololololol KS wants Clefable to solo Erika. Good thing Bulbasaur's solo was optional >_>

canno

formerly The Reptile
Mafeking, you get Jack the Pansage.

Jack is a samurai, and can only use Physical Attacking moves. Jack must always be in your party. Jack strives to be better than your starter and can never be 5 levels lower than Tepig. If he is, level him up until he's the same level as your starter. You cannot use Jack for the first gym leader. Jack must solo any and every gym leader not part of a challenge. Jack cannot use a SE move until the opponent is at yellow health, then it must finish of the pokemon using a SE move if it's available. Once Jack is in a battle, you cannot switch him out until he is at red health. You cannot use any items on Jack, and he must always have a held item at all times. You cannot evolve Jack until he is at least level 30 and is at a higher level than your starter. When Jack evolves, you must teach him a TM move that is either a Physical Attacking move or a stat-boosting move ASAP. Depending on what you chose determines Jack's next restriction.
- If he has another attacking move, remove any item on Jack. Jack can no longer hold items. Jack must lead your party at all times.
- If he has a stat-boosting move, he must use this move twice every time he is brought into a battle as soon as he enters the battle. Jack can never switch out and must stay in until either he faints or the battle is won.

Ziposaki, you get [insert your nickname here] the Zubat.

Zubat thinks it's a vampire, thus it must keep Leech Life forever. It must also use Leech Life if it's health goes down to yellow, and it must use Leech Life every time it is brought into battle. You must also teach it Giga Drain and Bite ASAP. He cannot use another move until this happens. His other move must be STAB. It must use Giga Drain when it's health goes down to red. You may not use any items on Zubat during battle, and you may not use any health recovery items on Zubat ever. In order to evolve to a Golbat, it must of killed at least 3 pokemon at one point using Leech Life. If he evolves into Crobat before you fight Sabrina, he must solo Sabrina. When he does, he can replace his STAB move with any move of your choice whenever you want. If he evolves into a Crobat after Sabrina, he cannot use his STAB move.

Also reserving for Mafeking and Ziposaki

Also, I'd like to welcome Mafeking to joining the thread and welcome Ziposaki back! I also want to ask Zipo... what happened to that Sapphire Scramble you had part of the first chapter written up for? I was looking forward to that!

@Mafeking, take a male Woobat and name it IH8U. This Woobat hates the fact that he's associated with friendship and love and stuff and so he refuses to like you. He will hate you, to show that not Woobat are kissy wubbykins! He's way too cool for that! Have him learn Frustration as soon as possible (Nimbassa is where you can buy the TM), and he cannot learn Heart Stamp or Attract. He refuses to hold that sissy Soothe bell either. He must also learn a dark type move ASAP (Assurance pretty much comes standard so this shouldn't take long) to show how he can be dark and brooding too. But this isn't the tricky part, not yet. No, you see because he hates you, he refuses to listen to you. Instead, he does whatever the hell he wants. When in battle with him, roll a 6 sided die. 1 corresponds to the move in the upper left moveslot, 2 to the upper right, 3 to the lower left and 4 to the lower right. If you roll a 5, he decides to listen to you for once, and you can chose whichever one you want. If you roll a 6, you have to switch him out of the fight because he refuses to fight anymore.

That would be it, but there's a problem with IH8U's little protest against lovey doveyness. Despite his declared hatred of you, the more time he spends with you the more he realizes that he actually kind of likes you. Each time you get a badge, you have to roll the die one less turn as often. So after you get one badge with him on your team, you only have to roll the die every 2nd turn, after 2 every third turn, and so on. Eventually he'll find himself evolving because he likes you so much, and then he can no longer pretend he hates everything. Replace Frustration with Return, and the die rolling restriction is removed. However the other restrictions remain in place, as he has no intention of being a sissy nonetheless. You may rename him to whatever you want after this, as he trusts you enough to give him a good one.

So enjoy it! He's going to be trouble at first, but eventually you'll get a good and only slightly restricted Pokemon out of it!

@Ziposaki, take a Tentacool. This Tentacool is really coooool and he wants to show it to the world. Get him an Ice type move ASAP (I believe you can get Ice Beam from the game corner) and have him keep one on him forever. He's cool in the other sense too, so get him a move from the "cool" contest category ASAP (Barrier is the only one he gets by level up) and have him keep one of those forever too. He hates losing his cool too, and nothing screws up the cool like fire. As such, whenever he is hit with a Fire-type attack he must immediately switch out. Have him show he can go toe to toe with the coolest by having him solo at least 2 of Lorelei's Pokemon.

A quick summary of "cool" moves Tentacool can learn:
Barrier (level up)
Double Team (TM)
Cut (HM)

Yeah not a lot of choices, but you take what you get eh?

Yeah, it was a stupid mistake on my part. I was excited for this LG run I had planned, so I saved Sapphire but shut it off before it was done saving and it corrupted the game file without me realizing. I didn't feel too up to the Scramble after that, so I let it die.

Mafeking, take a Tepig and name him Cinders.
Cinders, unfortunately, is schizophrenic, and his personality changes like the wind.
His personality changes according to the last badge you received.

Cinders is terribly self-conscious, and doesn't think himself ready for the pressure of battling.
He can never directly attack on the first turn, and, if he faints, he cannot attack until you revisit a Pokémon center.

The stress of seeing a gym leader counterteam you has made Cinders paranoid.
He must switch out or heal immediately if his health falls below half.
In addition, he cannot participate in any double or triple battles, as he simply doesn't trust his teammates.

After seeing the Normal-type spam that is Lenora's gym, Cinders wants to evolve into a fighting-type.
To prepare himself for evolution, he must solo Burgh without healing items.
After his solo, he can evolve to Pignite

After his solo of Burgh, Cinders' success has gone to his head.
He must always lead the party, unless it conflicts with a different solo, and can use only attacks.
However, if he faints, his confidence is shattered and he cannot battle until you get the next badge.

After seeing Elesa and her electric-types in action, Cinders is jealous of their mastery of special attacks.
In an effort to mimic them, he can only use Special Attacks.

Cinders is somewhat shaken by the seismic power of Clay's pokemon, and is a bit jittery.
If he is hit by a super-effective attack, he must switch out.
If he either takes or lands a critical hit, he must switch out.
His nerves simply can't take any more excitement.

Cinders feels bad about letting the team down in the previous chapter, so he decides he will become the ultimate supporter.
He cannot be healed by any kind of healing item, because that would be taking items away from the rest of your team.
In addition, he cannot battle if any member of your team has a status condition, and will instead stare meaningfully at you until you cure it.
He must solo Brycen and every trainer in his gym, because he doesn't want those dangerous Ice-types hurting his team.

Cinders is feeling strong and ready to evolve.
To prepare himself for his final evolution, he must hunt down and kill one Pokémon from each type.
He can evolve to Emboar after he completes this task.

Cinders the Emboar wants to help out in the Elite Four as much as possible.
He must lead your team against Grimsley, and solo at least two of his pokes.

Good luck, Mafeking!

Reserving for Ziposaki.

You can have my signature challange. Take an Eevee. Your Eevee's final evolution and restrictions are determined through a questionnaire, much like in the Mystery Dungeon games. Take this questionnaire at the time you accept this challange.

The beauty of this is that it can be as easy or hard as you want, depending on the choices you make and your personality. But I must stress this: the most important part of this is that you must be totally honest with your answers. Cheating is a big no-no with this challange (although I don't expect you to.) However, you may look through the questions and answers if you wish, but don't let that influence your decisions. Above all, have fun!
You will answer a number of questions. Different answers will give different points- add up the points you get as you are going through. Remember, you must answer the questions truthfully- choose the one that most closely resembles your current situation.

The Questionnaire:
1) Are you attempting an:
-Easy Challange - 2 points
-Medium Challange - 5 points
-Hard Challange - 8 points

2) Are you into competitive battling?
- Hell yeah! - 6 points
- No, not really… - 3 points
- It's okay. - 4 points

3) Offensive of Defensive?
- Attack! - 7 points
- Defense! - 3 points
- Balanced. - 5 points

4) Your favourite pastime?
- Sports - 6 points
- Reading / Internet - 3 points
- Gaming - 5 points

5) Someone comes up to you and offers to beat you up. What do you do?
- Run away!! - 5 points
- Negotiate - 3 points
- FIGHT!!!!!!! - 7 points

6) You like a guy / girl but they ignore you. (wow so corny and cliched) What do you do?
- Get their attention / get to know them - 5 points
- Ask them out directly - 8 points
- Avoid them / go home and cry - 3 points

7) Most important question: do you keep your love of pokemon a secret?
- Of course! - 3 points
- Nope, happy to talk about it - 8 points
- I don't really care if people know. - 5 points

Okay, add up your points and open the hide tag corresponding to the amount of points you got.

20-29 points:
Congratulations, your Eevee evolves into Vaporeon! You're a kinda shy person, probably a nerd (sorry). You don't like confrontations, fighting people, etc. You'd prefer to live in your own perfect little world, shielded from danger, both emotional and physical. You get Vaporeon because it also likes to hide, and in competitive play it's a wall, not easily getting hurt.

30-39 points:
Your Eevee evolves into Jolteon. You're a pretty average person, not too shabby, not too perfect either. Everything's kinda 'meh' to you; it's all middle of the range stuff. However, you do have hidden talents and achievements you like to keep to yourself, but other people don't generally know about it. You get Jolteon because although it is a fast and powerful attacker, it it not as popular as other similar pokemon.

40-50 points:
Lucky you, your Eevee evolves into Flareon. You take everything in life head-on; whether it's competitive battling or your social life, you're not afraid of anything. You don't care what people think of you, you just want to live life to the fullest. You get Flareon because it would also love to take on the world, but Gamefreak didn't give it the right tools to do that. It could use a strong trainer like you.

Okay, now that you've determined what Eeveelution you're getting, take the questionnaire again to determine your restrictions. However this time, choose the answer which you would least likely pick, with the exception of Question 1. Count up your points, and open up the corresponding hide tag. Those are the restrictions your pokemon has:

20-29 points:
Your Eevee prefers not to have such a hard challange, instead nurturing its own talents in its own way. So, it must solo one Gym Leader or E4 Member of your choice. However, everyone else likes to make fun of your Eevee for taking the easy path, so it is always under the effect of Torment.

30-39 points:
Your Eevee likes challanges of moderate difficulty- not impossible, but still difficult. So, it must solo one Gym Leader or E4 Member which either resists your Eeveelution's STAB, or is super effective against your Eeveelution's STAB. It also refuses outside help with all its challanges, so it may never switch out, or use items.

40-50 points:
Your Eevee likes really tough challanges- it just can't get enough! It must solo two Gym Leaders or E4 Members, and one of them has to have a type advantage against your Eeveelution's STAB. It wants to do this at max difficulty, so your Eevee also may never use a move over 70 BP. Finally, your Eevee hates getting help, so it cannot switch out, or use items.

If you consider the restrictions you got to be too easy / hard, then you can negotiate with me to change it, but you cannot negotiate to change your Eeveelution.

Whatever restrictions and Eeveelution you get, evolve your Eevee ASAP.
Have fun!

Mafeking

is a Contributor Alumnus
@Jimera0: Now I have to go steal a die from some board game I'll never play again. Darn.

@EndQuote: Take your time! I like it so far! :)

@The Reptile: Sorry your idea got ninja'd! :(

And now for an actual question, which I'm sure could be answered somewhere in the depths of either this thread or the first one, but I'm far too lazy to do such a thing. I'm assuming that I can't use anything else besides the given Pokemon? As it stands, unless Reptile gives me something between the start and the first Gym, I'll be using Cinders and Oh Snap for the Cress fight. I take it I'm not allowed to abuse the free Pansage?

EDIT: Haha, the question doesn't matter as The Reptile gave me Pansage. Who is the best monkey no competition. <3

P.S. I would never ever evolve Pansage before 30 anyway because it gets Acrobatics at 31, which is like my favorite Gen-5 move. And is a TM that can be taught, which takes care of that requirement, and also relies on not having a hold item, so that's cool too. Either you also really want me to use Acrobatics or you can read my mind.

@King Serperior: Accepted. Bleh, the Game Corner...
@Mafeking: Accepted.
@The Reptile: Accepted. You don't seem to know Golbat doesn't evolve into Crobat in LG until you get the National Dex. Totally exploiting that.
@Jimera: Accepted. And geez, you guys want me to go rot in the Game Corner don't ya... And technically, I could get it Hyper Beam as Tentacruel for a Cool move.

And nitpick to EndQuote that totally doesn't matter, I don't think you mean schizophrenia. Shizophrenia is a brain disorder that makes it harder to tell the difference between real and unreal experiences, think logically, have normal emotional responses, and behave normally in social situations. They may also hear voices in their head.

First off...

Chapter 6 added to my Hard Blue Scramble!

Ahem... yeah, I was starting to worry that people who wanted to read my updates might miss the news that I have a new one since I tend to bury the announcement in a normal post, so I made it big this time.

And now to bury it in a normal post.

@Ziposaki: Well that's a damn shame about your Sapphire. I don't blame you for giving up after that, I'd probably do the same thing. As for the Tentacool, yeah I had forgotten about Hyper Beam... I only checked Tentacool's move list not Tentacruel's. Also, you don't HAVE to get Ice Beam from the slots: I'm pretty sure you can buy Blizzard from the Department Store if you're really sick of the game corner.

@Mafeking: Yeah you're correct about not being able to use other Pokemon except for the ones you're given. You can use HM slaves however; you just can't battle with them. And sorry about forcing you to steal a die, but really those and coins to flip are almost standard equipment for Scrambles these days :P.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)