Regigigas (Analysis) [QC 4/3] [GP 2/2] [Done]

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

<p>Regigigas is an often-overlooked Pokemon, cast away from many teams because of Slow Start, which halves its mighty Attack stat, leaving it a weakling for the first 5 turns. With an Attack of essentially nothing, it is best to turn to Regigigas's defensive stats. High defenses allow Regigigas to take hits very well, making it an effective tank with the goal of running down the timer of Slow Start. Normal is a decent defensive typing that is only weak to Fighting-type moves, which are only commonly seen on four Pokemon: Rotom, Gallade, Hitmonlee, and Hitmonchan. Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray, combined with Regigigas's great bulk, create a deadly combo not seen often in the tier. You might say that Regigigas was born to be a tank, and you could very well be right.</p>

[SET]
name: Defensive
move 1: Return
move 2: Substitute / Earthquake / Fire Punch
move 3: Thunder Wave
move 4: Confuse Ray
item: Leftovers
ability: Slow Start
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With its high defensive stats, Regigigas can act as an effective wall. Because it can take multiple hits, there is a decent chance of bypassing Slow Start and becoming the monster that Regigigas's Attack stat suggests. Thunder Wave is the crux of the set, allowing Regigigas to support the rest of the team and itself all at once, remedying any Speed problems that its partners and itself may have. Confuse Ray is great with Thunder Wave, leaving a 37.5% chance for the opponent to move, thus stalling even more turns for Regigigas. Substitute is a great option to make stalling with parafusion even more effective, lessening the chance of the opponent hitting Regigigas even more. After the goal of bypassing Slow Start is achieved, Return can dish out high amounts of damage. If Regigigas requires more coverage, Earthquake or Fire Punch can be used, the latter achieving coverage on Steel-types, and more importantly, Rotom.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>With this spread, Regigigas has the ability to withstand both physical and special assaults, leaving Fighting-type moves as its only weakness. For this reason, Slowking, Claydol, Rotom, Cofagrigus, and Uxie are great partners to take Fighting-type hits. Claydol in particular is a great partner because it can set up Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin away the hazards that harm Regigigas. An optional spread of 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD can be used for a more offensive approach. In addition, Ice Punch is an option in the second slot for coverage. Regigigas can also run Knock Off for the second slot, allowing it to deal with Eviolite users very effectively. Regigigas lacks recovery outside of Leftovers, so Clefable is a very helpful Wish passing partner. She can also get rid of the Toxic that Regigigas hates with Heal Bell. A Pokemon to deal with Ghost-types is useful, such as Drapion, Sharpedo, or Honchkrow. All of these fear Will-O-Wisp, however, so the common Calm Mind Spiritomb is a great choice as well. A teammate to handle Gallade is much-needed, so Qwilfish and, once again, Spiritomb are great partners. Opposing Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan may also present a problem, so Rotom is a great partner for neutralizing these two. Regigigas also hates Steel-types, which can be dealt with by your own Magneton.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Substitute and three attacks can be used for coverage, but it is difficult to get rid of Slow Start with such a set. Choice items are terrible in conjunction with Slow Start, and should never be used. With a usable Special Attack stat, a mixed set may seem viable, but is really just completely outclassed by other sweepers. However, Thunder or Hidden Power can be usable with some Special Attack EVs if a mixed set is really desired. Rock Polish may be used to boost Regigigas's Speed. Drain Punch is an interesting option for beating Rock- and Steel-types, but should only be used if three attacks are used, as another coverage move is needed to make sure Regigigas is not walled by Ghost-types. ThunderPunch is an option to hit bulky Water-types, and Ice Punch can be used for great general coverage. Toxic may be used on stall-based teams to stall out the opponent, and is great in conjunction with Substitute. Substitute and Focus Punch is another seemingly desirable combination, but is honestly completely terrible.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The number one counter to Regigigas in the current metagame is bulky Calm Mind Spiritomb, which can leave Regigigas useless while it sets up Calm Mind, Rests to heal off damage, and Sleep Talks for more setup or attacking. Cofagrigus, Dusknoir, and Rotom, the RU Ghost-types, all give Regigigas a headache, as they are immune to its Normal-type STAB and are all bulky enough to withstand Regigigas's coverage moves. While Regigigas is still in its Slow Start phase, most Fighting-types can switch in with impunity and at least scare it out with their powerful Fighting-type attacks. Steel-types in general wall Regigigas, and are pretty much in the same boat as the Ghost-types. Hazards, particularly Toxic Spikes, hinder Regigigas, so consider packing an Omastar, Scolipede, or Drapion to make sure that Regigigas cannot stay on the field for more than 5 turns. In fact, anything that can use Toxic and has a reliable STAB move can defeat Regigigas.</p>

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Combined, Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave make it difficult for the opponent to move, leaving them with a 17% chance of moving if both are in effect.
This is false. A paralyzed and confused poke has a 37,5% chance of moving.

O.o I did my write up for Muk with out an initial skeleton too... but I rewrote it all as a skeleton.

Anyway. On topic.

Fire Punch should be slashed by Ice Punch (and perhaps even be the recommended move) instead of thunder punch. Fire Punch is very useful to hit Ferroseed (when you don't have a sub up) and especially Durant. Any common bulky waters in RU will take more from Return / Frustration or Focus Punch than Thunder Punch anyway.

Otherwise looks pretty good. This thing can actually get through Slow Start in RU and NU and completely wreck.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, i had this analysis reserved but since you already did so much work on it i can relinquish it to you if the RU mods agree
LOL, this happened with Bastiodon too. They were both listed as unreserved in NU Pokemon viable for RU analyses, I reserved them, apparently a Bastiodon is already on the site, and now you having this reserved.

Jukain

!_!
This is false. A paralyzed and confused poke has a 37,5% chance of moving.
Thanks, I was adding the 50 + 33ish chance of it happening, I was disregarding all math completely. Total fail, I'll fix it.

O.o I did my write up for Muk with out an initial skeleton too... but I rewrote it all as a skeleton.

Anyway. On topic.

Fire Punch should be slashed by Ice Punch (and perhaps even be the recommended move) instead of thunder punch. Fire Punch is very useful to hit Ferroseed (when you don't have a sub up) and especially Durant. Any common bulky waters in RU will take more from Return / Frustration or Focus Punch than Thunder Punch anyway.

Otherwise looks pretty good. This thing can actually get through Slow Start in RU and NU and completely wreck.
I wasn't completely sure what do with the elemental punches, I was kind of waiting for some input, I did maybe 3 or 4 calcs in all to come up with the moves. I'll make it recommended and condemn Thunder Punch to a slow and horrible death under Additional Comments.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Also, this is my first analysis and this post is my 69th post. lolz

LOL, this happened with Bastiodon too. They were both listed as unreserved in NU Pokemon viable for RU analyses, I reserved them, apparently a Bastiodon is already on the site, and now you having this reserved.
Hmm you should first look through like the last 3 pages of the reservation thread to see if the pokemon you want is open. Sometimes the reservation list isn't updated.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Whoever ends up doing Regigigas, I'd like to see some logs of him in action. Offensively he's like Slaking but worse, the potential power is not worth the hassle, and I have yet to see an offensive Regigigas ever break Slow Start against a good player (except if he's been burned, in which case who cares). Defensively he has great bulk, but it's not actually that much more than things like Lickilicky and Miltank, and they also have recovery and better support movepools and don't gift free setup to anything with Substitute. I think the parafusion attacker set has the most potential, but even that one doesn't look like it's worth the trouble: I'd rather use Granbull tbh, and that's saying something.

So yeah, logs.

Jukain

!_!
Hmm you should first look through like the last 3 pages of the reservation thread to see if the pokemon you want is open. Sometimes the reservation list isn't updated.
Thanks for the advice
Whoever ends up doing Regigigas, I'd like to see some logs of him in action. Offensively he's like Slaking but worse, the potential power is not worth the hassle, and I have yet to see an offensive Regigigas ever break Slow Start against a good player (except if he's been burned, in which case who cares). Defensively he has great bulk, but it's not actually that much more than things like Lickilicky and Miltank, and they also have recovery and better support movepools and don't gift free setup to anything with Substitute. I think the parafusion attacker set has the most potential, but even that one doesn't look like it's worth the trouble: I'd rather use Granbull tbh, and that's saying something.

So yeah, logs.
I'll work on that with the logs, Honko. Regigigas really isn't that bad if played right, and can be very good if you abuse its strong points such as defenses and parafusion. About the defensive set, I really can't argue that Lickilicky and Miltank son't have the things you mentioned, or that Regigigas does, but I can say that a Regigigas 5 turns in is not hitting like a baby, even with no investment. I have a feeling that I might have only 1 or 2 sets after QC, but I can definitely find some logs, and if my logs prove the set not good enough, I will gladly remove it from the analysis. If I keep only 1 set, I agree, the parafusion attacker is by far the best set, I'll move it to the top as well.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get some logs, and any other help would be heavily appreciated. Thank you!

Just a quick note, Smogon's standard is to use Return instead of Frustration. PO Sets happiness to 0 by default, so it's easier to use Frustration than to mess with changing happiness, but for Shoddy or especially Wifi, Return is used.

Jukain

!_!
Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to say that for the SubPunch set I changed the EVs to get 405 HP so that I have a not divisible by 4 HP because of Spikes. For the 252 HP sets, I made them 248 EVs so that I got 423 speed. Spikes matter that much.
EDIT: FIXED RETURN

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
BTW, I believe in Regigigas' effectiveness in RU, but I don't like the way this analysis looks. SubPunch Regigigas isn't good at all, even though it's true it doesn't hit that bad during Slow Start. It just seems... outclassed. I also need you to explain me the difference between the first two sets, since they look almost the same.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Quoted out of the NU analysis:

[SET]
name: SubDrain Rock Polish Sweeper
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Rock Polish
move 3: Return
move 4: Drain Punch / Zen Headbutt (for SE hit on Haunter?)
item: Leftovers
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

This works kinda like Agility SubPetaya Empoleon. Switch Reggie in, Polish, then Sub four times to clear Slow Start. Then sweep.
It's Regigigas's best bet IMO.

Jukain

!_!
BTW, I believe in Regigigas' effectiveness in RU, but I don't like the way this analysis looks. SubPunch Regigigas isn't good at all, even though it's true it doesn't hit that bad during Slow Start. It just seems... outclassed. I also need you to explain me the difference between the first two sets, since they look almost the same.
I'll take out SubPunch, I really needed an opinion on the set whether to keep it or not. And for the difference between the sets, the second one is defensive, running defensive EVs along with more than one status option and Knock Off. The goal of the first set is to abuse parafusion and full offensive EVs and attack.
Quoted out of the NU analysis:

It's Regigigas's best bet IMO.
I'll be sure to include that set, thank you.

I am currently in the process of making this a skeleton as I was told I should for QC, so that should be ready soon, I just have to rewrite into abbreviated bullet form. Thanks for the feedback!

Jukain

!_!
MAJOR UPDATE: I've got this thing in skeleton form, with the original write-up in hide tabs for anyone interested in reading it. I also included November Blue's SubDrain Rock Polish sweeper in the skeleton, just because I didn't feel I needed to update the written portion write now. Return is implemented over Frustration on all of the sets. Anyways, I think this is ready for QC, so if any QC members come over here, I'm ready for stamps / comments needed for stamps / anything I'm missing / what sets I need to remove or keep.

EDIT: I've got a Parafusion Attacker Regigigas log now, I'll be getting some more in. This is it finishing off a team, like it should.
Battle between XCMeido and Team_Aqua_Archie started!

Tier: Standard RU
Mode: Singles
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle
Rule: Self-KO Clause

Your team: Claydol / Regigigas / Drapion / Gallade / Klinklang / Magneton
Opponent's team: Aerodactyl / Klinklang / Cofagrigus / Lilligant / Entei / Kabutops

Team_Aqua_Archie sent out Claydol!
XCMeido sent out Aerodactyl!
The foe's Aerodactyl is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 1
The foe's Aerodactyl used Taunt!
Claydol fell for the taunt!

Claydol can't use Stealth Rock after the taunt!

Start of turn 2
The foe's Aerodactyl used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Team_Aqua_Archie's team!

Claydol used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Aerodactyl lost 46% of its health!

Start of turn 3
The foe's Aerodactyl used Earthquake!
It had no effect!

Claydol used Rapid Spin!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Aerodactyl lost 2% of its health!
Claydol blew away Stealth Rock!

Claydol's taunt ended!

Start of turn 4
The foe's Aerodactyl used Taunt!
Claydol fell for the taunt!

Claydol used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Aerodactyl lost 46% of its health!

Start of turn 5
XCMeido called Aerodactyl back!
XCMeido sent out Entei!

The foe's Entei is exerting its Pressure!
Claydol used Ice Beam!
The foe's Entei lost 9% of its health!

Start of turn 6
The foe's Entei used Flare Blitz!
Claydol lost 243 HP! (75% of its health)
The foe's Entei is hit with recoil!

Claydol used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Entei lost 51% of its health!

Claydol restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Claydol's taunt ended!

Start of turn 7
Claydol lost 101 HP! (31% of its health)
Claydol fainted!

Team_Aqua_Archie sent out Drapion!

Start of turn 8
XCMeido called Entei back!
XCMeido sent out Aerodactyl!

The foe's Aerodactyl is exerting its Pressure!
Drapion used Crunch!
The foe's Aerodactyl lost 4% of its health!
The foe's Aerodactyl fainted!
Drapion is hurt by its Life Orb!

XCMeido sent out Klinklang!

Start of turn 9
Drapion used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Klinklang lost 72% of its health!

The foe's Klinklang used Shift Gear!
The foe's Klinklang's Speed sharply rose!
The foe's Klinklang's Attack rose!

Start of turn 10
Team_Aqua_Archie called Drapion back!
Team_Aqua_Archie sent out Magneton!

The foe's Klinklang used Gear Grind!
Magneton lost 26 HP! (9% of its health)
Magneton lost 27 HP! (9% of its health)
Hit 2 times!
The foe's Klinklang is hurt by its Life Orb!

Start of turn 11
The foe's Klinklang used Rock Smash!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Magneton lost 230 HP! (81% of its health)
Magneton fainted!

Team_Aqua_Archie sent out Gallade!

Start of turn 12
Team_Aqua_Archie called Gallade back!
Team_Aqua_Archie sent out Klinklang!

The foe's Klinklang used Gear Grind!
The attack of the foe's Klinklang missed!

Start of turn 13
The foe's Klinklang used Rock Smash!
It's super effective!
Klinklang lost 156 HP! (53% of its health)
Klinklang's Defense fell!
The foe's Klinklang fainted!

Klinklang used Shift Gear!
Klinklang's Speed sharply rose!
Klinklang's Attack rose!

Klinklang restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
XCMeido sent out Cofagrigus!

Start of turn 14
Klinklang used Gear Grind!
The foe's Cofagrigus lost 29% of its health!
Klinklang's ability became Mummy!
The foe's Cofagrigus lost 25% of its health!
Hit 2 times!

The foe's Cofagrigus used Will-O-Wisp!
Klinklang was burned!

The foe's Cofagrigus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Klinklang is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 15
Klinklang's Attack rose!

The foe's Cofagrigus used Haze!
All stat changes were eliminated!

Start of turn 16
The attack of Klinklang missed!

Start of turn 17
The foe's Cofagrigus lost 8% of its health!
The foe's Cofagrigus lost 9% of its health!
Hit 2 times!

Start of turn 18
A critical hit!
The foe's Cofagrigus lost 18% of its health!
A critical hit!
The foe's Cofagrigus lost 19% of its health!
Hit 2 times!

Start of turn 19
The attack of Klinklang missed!

The foe's Cofagrigus used Shadow Ball!
Klinklang lost 52 HP! (17% of its health)

Klinklang fainted!

Start of turn 20
Drapion used Pursuit!
It's super effective!
The foe's Cofagrigus lost 25% of its health!
The foe's Cofagrigus fainted!
Drapion's ability became Mummy!

XCMeido sent out Lilligant!

Start of turn 21
Drapion used Crunch!
The foe's Lilligant lost 64% of its health!
The foe's Lilligant's Defense fell!

The foe's Lilligant used Sleep Powder!
Drapion fell asleep!

Start of turn 22
Team_Aqua_Archie called Drapion back!

The foe's Lilligant used Quiver Dance!
The foe's Lilligant's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Lilligant's Sp. Def. rose!
The foe's Lilligant's Speed rose!

Start of turn 23
The foe's Lilligant used Petal Dance!
Gallade lost 247 HP! (88% of its health)

Gallade used Night Slash!
A critical hit!
The foe's Lilligant lost 35% of its health!
The foe's Lilligant fainted!

Gallade restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
XCMeido sent out Kabutops!

Start of turn 24
The foe's Kabutops used Aqua Jet!
Gallade lost 48 HP! (17% of its health)
Gallade fainted!

Team_Aqua_Archie sent out Regigigas!

Regigigas can't get it going because of it's Slow Start!

Start of turn 25
The foe's Kabutops used Waterfall!
Regigigas lost 105 HP! (24% of its health)

Regigigas used Thunder Wave!
The foe's Kabutops is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Regigigas restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 26
Regigigas used Confuse Ray!
The foe's Kabutops became confused!

The foe's Kabutops is confused!
The foe's Kabutops used Waterfall!
Regigigas lost 102 HP! (24% of its health)

Start of turn 27
Regigigas used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Kabutops lost 34% of its health!

The foe's Kabutops snapped out its confusion!
The foe's Kabutops used Stone Edge!
The attack of the foe's Kabutops missed!

The foe's Kabutops restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 28
The foe's Kabutops became confused!

It hurt itself in its confusion!
The foe's Kabutops lost 9% of its health!

Start of turn 29
It's super effective!
The foe's Kabutops lost 29% of its health!

The foe's Kabutops lost 8% of its health!

Regigigas finally got its act together!

Start of turn 30
It's super effective!
The foe's Kabutops lost 36% of its health!
The foe's Kabutops fainted!

XCMeido sent out Entei!

The foe's Entei is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 31
Regigigas lost 321 HP! (75% of its health)
The foe's Entei fainted!

Team_Aqua_Archie won the battle!
Team_Aqua_Archie: great game!

EDIT: I've got a SubDrain Rock Polish log now, showing how it can start off the game with some kills and pave the way for the rest of the team.
Battle between 5z and Team_Aqua_Archie started!

Variation: +19, -13
Rule: Rated

Opponent's team: Galvantula / Quagsire / Clefable / Swellow / Claydol / Klinklang

5z sent out Galvantula!

Start of turn 1
The foe's Galvantula used Volt Switch!
Klinklang lost 169 HP! (57% of its health)
5z called Galvantula back!
5z sent out Quagsire!

Klinklang's Attack rose!

Start of turn 2
The foe's Quagsire lost 8% of its health!
The foe's Quagsire lost 8% of its health!
Hit 2 times!

The foe's Quagsire used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Klinklang lost 143 HP! (48% of its health)
Klinklang fainted!

The foe's Quagsire restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3
5z called Quagsire back!
5z sent out Swellow!

Regigigas used Substitute!
Regigigas made a substitute!

The foe's Swellow's Flame Orb activated!
The foe's Swellow was burned!

Start of turn 4
The foe's Swellow used Facade!
Regigigas's substitute faded!

The foe's Swellow is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 5

Start of turn 6

Start of turn 7

Regigigas used Rock Polish!
Regigigas's Speed sharply rose!

Start of turn 8
Regigigas used Return!
The foe's Swellow lost 50% of its health!
The foe's Swellow fainted!

5z sent out Claydol!

Start of turn 9
Regigigas used Return!
The foe's Claydol lost 49% of its health!

The foe's Claydol used Trick!
The foe's Claydol switched items with Regigigas!
The foe's Claydol obtained one Leftovers!
Regigigas obtained one Choice Scarf!

The foe's Claydol restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 10
Regigigas used Return!
The foe's Claydol lost 52% of its health!

The foe's Claydol used Earth Power!
Regigigas lost 69 HP! (19% of its health)

The foe's Claydol restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 11
Regigigas used Return!
The foe's Claydol lost 10% of its health!
The foe's Claydol fainted!

5z sent out Klinklang!

Start of turn 12
Regigigas used Return!
The foe's Klinklang lost 29% of its health!

The foe's Klinklang used Return!
Regigigas lost 65 HP! (17% of its health)
Regigigas fainted!

Start of turn 13
5z called Klinklang back!
5z sent out Quagsire!

Gallade used Close Combat!
The foe's Quagsire lost 47% of its health!
Gallade's Defense fell!
Gallade's Sp. Def. fell!

The foe's Quagsire restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 14
A critical hit!
The foe's Quagsire lost 48% of its health!
The foe's Quagsire fainted!
Gallade's Defense fell!
Gallade's Sp. Def. fell!

5z sent out Galvantula!

Start of turn 15

The foe's Galvantula used Volt Switch!
Magneton lost 69 HP! (24% of its health)
5z sent out Clefable!

Start of turn 16
Magneton used Thunderbolt!
The foe's Clefable lost 32% of its health!

The foe's Clefable used Seismic Toss!
Magneton lost 100 HP! (35% of its health)

The foe's Clefable restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 17
The foe's Clefable lost 33% of its health!

Start of turn 18
The foe's Clefable lost 32% of its health!

The foe's Clefable used Softboiled!
The foe's Clefable regained health!

Start of turn 19
The foe's Clefable lost 31% of its health!
The foe's Clefable is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Clefable used Softboiled!
The foe's Clefable regained health!

Start of turn 20
The foe's Clefable lost 35% of its health!

Magneton lost 14 HP! (4% of its health)
Magneton fainted!

Start of turn 21
Gallade used Swords Dance!
Gallade's Attack sharply rose!

Gallade lost 100 HP! (35% of its health)

Start of turn 22
It's super effective!
The foe's Clefable lost 70% of its health!
The foe's Clefable fainted!
Gallade's Defense fell!
Gallade's Sp. Def. fell!

5z sent out Galvantula!

Start of turn 23

The foe's Galvantula used Thunder!
It had no effect!

Start of turn 24
5z sent out Klinklang!

Claydol used Ice Beam!
A critical hit!
The foe's Klinklang lost 22% of its health!

Start of turn 25
The foe's Klinklang used Substitute!
The foe's Klinklang made a substitute!

Claydol used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Klinklang's substitute faded!

Start of turn 26
The foe's Klinklang used Return!
Claydol lost 106 HP! (32% of its health)

Claydol used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Klinklang lost 4% of its health!
The foe's Klinklang fainted!

5z sent out Galvantula!

Start of turn 27
The foe's Galvantula used Bug Buzz!
It's super effective!
Claydol lost 238 HP! (73% of its health)
Claydol fainted!

Start of turn 28
Drapion lost 249 HP! (88% of its health)

Drapion used Crunch!
The foe's Galvantula lost 80% of its health!

Start of turn 29
Drapion lost 4 HP! (1% of its health)
Drapion fainted!

Start of turn 30
Gallade lost 183 HP! (65% of its health)

The foe's Galvantula lost 19% of its health!
The foe's Galvantula fainted!

Team_Aqua_Archie won the battle!
Team_Aqua_Archie: great game!
5z: Good game

This log is why I'm taking out the SubPunch set, it really is terrible, I've got to agree with Pearl.
Battle between Vratix and Team_Aqua_Archie started!

Variation: +16, -16
Rule: Rated

Opponent's team: Moltres / Sceptile / Sharpedo / Rotom / Rhydon / Ferroseed

Vratix sent out Moltres!
The foe's Moltres is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 1
The foe's Moltres used Air Slash!
Claydol lost 127 HP! (39% of its health)

Claydol flinched!

Start of turn 2
Claydol lost 111 HP! (34% of its health)
Team_Aqua_Archie: dont flinch me again
Team_Aqua_Archie: or else

Claydol used Ice Beam!
The foe's Moltres lost 19% of its health!

Start of turn 3
Team_Aqua_Archie called Claydol back!

Klinklang lost 81 HP! (27% of its health)

Start of turn 4
Vratix called Moltres back!
Vratix sent out Ferroseed!

Klinklang's Attack rose!

Start of turn 5
Team_Aqua_Archie called Klinklang back!

The foe's Ferroseed used Leech Seed!
Magneton was seeded!

Magneton's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 6
Magneton used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Ferroseed lost 64% of its health!

The foe's Ferroseed used Gyro Ball!
Magneton lost 12 HP! (4% of its health)

Start of turn 7
It's super effective!
The foe's Ferroseed lost 47% of its health!
The foe's Ferroseed fainted!

Vratix sent out Moltres!

Start of turn 8
The foe's Moltres used U-turn!
Magneton lost 16 HP! (5% of its health)
Vratix sent out Rhydon!

It had no effect!

Start of turn 9
Magneton used Magnet Rise!
Magneton levitated on electromagnetism!

The foe's Rhydon used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Team_Aqua_Archie's team!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Rhydon lost 9% of its health!

The foe's Rhydon used Fire Punch!
It's super effective!

Magneton fainted!
Pointed stones dug into Regigigas!

Start of turn 11

The foe's Rhydon used Earthquake!

Start of turn 12
Vratix called Rhydon back!
Vratix sent out Rotom!

Start of turn 13
The foe's Rotom used Substitute!
The foe's Rotom made a substitute!

Regigigas used Ice Punch!
The foe's Rotom's substitute faded!

The foe's Rotom restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 14
The foe's Rotom used Thunderbolt!

The foe's Rotom lost 28% of its health!
The foe's Rotom was frozen solid!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Rotom is frozen solid!

Start of turn 16
The foe's Rotom is frozen solid!

The foe's Rotom lost 50% of its health!

Start of turn 17
The foe's Rotom thawed out!
The foe's Rotom used Thunderbolt!

The foe's Rotom lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Rotom fainted!

Vratix sent out Moltres!

Start of turn 18
The foe's Moltres used Fire Blast!
Regigigas lost 195 HP! (53% of its health)

Regigigas used Return!
The foe's Moltres lost 76% of its health!

Start of turn 19
Team_Aqua_Archie called Regigigas back!
Pointed stones dug into Klinklang!

It's super effective!
Klinklang lost 231 HP! (78% of its health)
Klinklang fainted!

Pointed stones dug into Claydol!

Start of turn 20
A critical hit!
Claydol lost 106 HP! (32% of its health)
Claydol fainted!

Pointed stones dug into Gallade!

Start of turn 21
Vratix sent out Rhydon!

The foe's Rhydon lost 12% of its health!

Start of turn 22
It's super effective!
The foe's Rhydon lost 61% of its health!
Gallade's Defense fell!
Gallade's Sp. Def. fell!

The foe's Rhydon used Earthquake!
Gallade lost 278 HP! (100% of its health)
Gallade fainted!

Pointed stones dug into Drapion!

Start of turn 23
Drapion used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Rhydon lost 19% of its health!
The foe's Rhydon fainted!

Vratix sent out Moltres!

Start of turn 24
Drapion lost 218 HP! (77% of its health)
Drapion fainted!

Pointed stones dug into Regigigas!
Regigigas fainted!

Vratix won the battle!
Team_Aqua_Archie: well played!

EDIT: I really felt that these few turns were enough to illustrate how bulky specially defensive Regigigas is and kind of how it works.
Start of turn 7

The foe's Magmortar used Flamethrower!
Regigigas lost 123 HP! (29% of its health)

Start of turn 8
Regigigas lost 133 HP! (31% of its health)
Regigigas was burned!

Regigigas used Thunder Wave!
The foe's Magmortar is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Regigigas is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 9
Regigigas used Knock Off!
The foe's Magmortar lost 2% of its health!
Regigigas knocked off the foe's Magmortar's Choice Scarf!

Regigigas lost 126 HP! (29% of its health)

Start of turn 10
The foe's Magmortar became confused!

The foe's Magmortar is confused!
The foe's Magmortar lost 12% of its health!

Regigigas fainted!

Now obviously this wouldn't end this way without the burn and if I had run Clefable I could have passed a wish / I could have gotten Regigigas back in and gotten some Leftovers recovery. However, I just want you to notice how well Regigigas is taking those attacks, and how it responds with the status(es) and Knock Off.

Anyways, to Honko, I got some logs now, I've gotten rid of the SubPunch set, so I think I'm REALLY ready for QC now.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Few thing for my set:

The name is kinda long, maybe change it to Rock Polish or Substitute + Rock Polish.

Remove Jolly. Adamant Regigigas hits 598 at +2, which outspeed damns near everything already.

Emphasize how it sets up, boosting Speed then stalling for turns with Substitute to clear Slow Start.

Mention paralysis support, it can make the sweep a little easier.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No to SubDrainPolish. Not only are you entirely walled by Ghosts, but also by most other walls, like Gligar, Tangrowth, and Steelix. You're complete set-up bait for things like TR Cofag, CM Spiritomb, Sub Rotom, and Hone Claws Durant. Phazing ruins you, and bringing a phazer in is ridiculously easy while Slow Start is active. If you do manage to stall out Slow Start, you'll be very low on HP and therefore easy to revenge kill with priority, or by anything that can take a hit. And taking a hit isn't actually that hard; yeah it has 160 base Attack, but Leftovers Regigigas is about as powerful as Life Orb Aerodactyl. It hits hard, but not hard enough to really sweep. For a set that provides no team support and requires a lot in return, that's not good enough.

Also not convinced at all on the defensive set. It's an inferior Lickilicky. That gets a no from me as well.

Leaning toward rejecting this entirely, but if there's a set I will approve, it's the Parafusion Attacker, with Substitute slashed after Confuse Ray, and Fire Punch slashed after Earthquake. I'll give my decision on that set later.

Jukain

!_!
No to SubDrainPolish. Not only are you entirely walled by Ghosts, but also by most other walls, like Gligar, Tangrowth, and Steelix. You're complete set-up bait for things like TR Cofag, CM Spiritomb, Sub Rotom, and Hone Claws Durant. Phazing ruins you, and bringing a phazer in is ridiculously easy while Slow Start is active. If you do manage to stall out Slow Start, you'll be very low on HP and therefore easy to revenge kill with priority, or by anything that can take a hit. And taking a hit isn't actually that hard; yeah it has 160 base Attack, but Leftovers Regigigas is about as powerful as Life Orb Aerodactyl. It hits hard, but not hard enough to really sweep. For a set that provides no team support and requires a lot in return, that's not good enough.

Also not convinced at all on the defensive set. It's an inferior Lickilicky. That gets a no from me as well.

Leaning toward rejecting this entirely, but if there's a set I will approve, it's the Parafusion Attacker, with Substitute slashed after Confuse Ray, and Fire Punch slashed after Earthquake. I'll give my decision on that set later.
I'll do that, sure.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Regigigas @ Leftovers
Careful (+Sdef -Satk)
252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
~ Return
~ Substitute / Earthquake
~ Thunder Wave
~ Confuse Ray

This is the only Regigigas set I will approve, its the only set that works in RU. Regigigas is a tank first and foremost, it should never bother sweeping. It can check quite a few special threats like Moltres, Galvuntula etc and cripple them with Twave. If you manage to land a Thunder Wave on a Pokemon that takes neutral damage from Return, thats when the fun starts. After confuse ray is used, start spamming substitute and hope you get a free turn. Parafusion gives the target about a 37.5% chance of attacking, so getting free subs should be easy. This set embodies Regigigas. It isn't the best tank, but it can take hits and dish em out should the opportunity present itself.

Jukain

!_!
Regigigas @ Leftovers
Careful (+Sdef -Satk)
252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
~ Return
~ Substitute / Earthquake
~ Thunder Wave
~ Confuse Ray

This is the only Regigigas set I will approve, its the only set that works in RU. Regigigas is a tank first and foremost, it should never bother sweeping. It can check quite a few special threats like Moltres, Galvuntula etc and cripple them with Twave. If you manage to land a Thunder Wave on a Pokemon that takes neutral damage from Return, thats when the fun starts. After confuse ray is used, start spamming substitute and hope you get a free turn. Parafusion gives the target about a 37.5% chance of attacking, so getting free subs should be easy. This set embodies Regigigas. It isn't the best tank, but it can take hits and dish em out should the opportunity present itself.
Whatever you say PK, if its the only set you'll approve, its the only set I'll have.

EDIT: I kind of rethought a bit, and decided to put in a bit of what Honko wants with the more offensive EVs as an option, as well as Fire Punch as an option over Earthquake, and also what you want.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Awesome.
Mention the secondary spread in additional comments.

QC APPROVED (1/3) (since you can't have 2 sets of evs listed in the actual analysis)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)