Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer

WildEep has confirmed that the Pomeg glitch does NOT work in the 4th generation and, as a result, Hypnosis Bronzor is illegal in Little Cup.
This obviously applies to all other level-up moves for genderless pokemon Gen 4 and up.

This isn't directly linked to competitive use, but does anyone know where I can find a good web-page for finding sprites for a War story?

@Spuds: You can also try sprites.pokecheck.org. They have animated sprites, back sprites, sprites for females, sprites for different forms of pokemon, everything! But they don't have non animated sprites so you if you don't want animated sprites, don't go there :P

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gligar and bronzor are normally great mons to beat sand storm teams. bulky grass mons can be used to beat drillbur but those are weak to gligar and murkrow so its not extremely advisable to use it

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
a good tank is probably bronzor or misdreavus

a good offensive mon with a lot of bulk include murkrow, scraggy, gligar, mienfoo, staryu

The two "bulky tanks" I would recommend for this metagame would be Bronzor or Hippopotas. Bronzor resists anything Gligar carries, and has just insanely good typing and resistances for the meta. It also carries SR. Hippopotas has insane physical bulk and can live ridiculous hits that other Pokes couldn't even dream of living. It also has SR, but isn't offensively useless and can phaze things.

Both are pretty fucking good this meta.

Tanking wise, I guess you mean a solid wall that can deal good damage. I would say hippopotas or gligar and munchlax or misdreavus are probably your best choices on the physical and special side.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tanking wise, I guess you mean a solid wall that can deal good damage. I would say hippopotas or gligar and munchlax or misdreavus are probably your best choices on the physical and special side.
Due to a lack of reliable recovery outside of Pain Split, if you throw on Misdreavus as a tank, you're going to have to play it more reservedly. Also keep in mind it is weak to the #1 Special Attacker in the tier, opposing Misdreavus. Munchlax, however, is incredibly underrated (I've been running Return / Pursuit / Rest / Sleep Talk) as is Lickitung.

What is a good hard counter to harvest Exeggcute? The thing is a monster to my current team...

Murkrow would be the first in my head; assuming its sub/Leaf Storm/Psychic /HP fire it is immune /resists both its stabs; priority taunt torment mean look perish song etc etc can trap /leave it useless. It also hits it SE with both its stabs, one being sucker punch.

You mean you're seeing sun teams?

Murkrow as meth said is a pretty solid counter but he can't switch in on the infamous sleep powder which nearly all carry in my experience.

I would advise natu, who also resists both his STABs, reflects his sleep powder, and can easily heal off damage with roost or wish. Then if you want to switch out, you can u-turn to break his sub and bring out another u-turner perhaps to force a switch and get some momentum (or just anything that resists one of his moves, houndour could be handy as he'll get virtually a free sub).

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Murkrow would be the first in my head; assuming its sub/Leaf Storm/Psychic /HP fire it is immune /resists both its stabs; priority taunt torment mean look perish song etc etc can trap /leave it useless. It also hits it SE with both its stabs, one being sucker punch.
Even if Exeggcute carries Sleep Powder, Murkrow is immune to it because of Insomnia, in case running a Mixed Sweeper.
But because Murkrow is faster, it can just Substitute to nullify Exeggcute's attempt to put it to sleep.

Stunky also makes a great counter if something else is asleep.

Even if Exeggcute carries Sleep Powder, Murkrow is immune to it because of Insomnia, in case running a Mixed Sweeper.
But because Murkrow is faster, it can just Substitute to nullify Exeggcute's attempt to put it to sleep.

Stunky also makes a great counter if something else is asleep.
True, but insomnia is pretty rare seeing as not many players will be willing to sacrifice prankster for insomnia and a couple of better coverage moves when hidden power is usually enough anyway.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Mixed Murkrow doesn't need Prankster, it's full offense. The choice is between Super Luck and Insomnia on that set.

Mixed Murkrow doesn't need Prankster, it's full offense. The choice is between Super Luck and Insomnia on that set.
This; and like Furai said, Murkrow is faster no matter what; so you could sac something; or break a sub with a slow uturn to get prankster variants in

metsrule158

Don't disturb him on his break.
is a Contributor Alumnus
@spuds4ever: Although it is extremely probable, just because somebody is using Harvest Exeggcute doesn't necessarily mean they are using a sunny day team.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
True, but insomnia is pretty rare seeing as not many players will be willing to sacrifice prankster for insomnia and a couple of better coverage moves when hidden power is usually enough anyway.
MixKrow is a far, far better set in this meta than most Prankster sets due to the prevalence of Toxic and faster Choice Scarf users. A couple of coverage moves? You're simply incorrect, as someone said, offensive Murkrow doesn't even need Prankster (or if it's running Life Orb and no Roost like it should be, doesn't even have any support moves...)

@spuds4ever: Although it is extremely probable, just because somebody is using Harvest Exeggcute doesn't necessarily mean they are using a sunny day team.
If some one's using harvest exeggcute It almost definitely means they're *not* running a sun team. no chlorophyll. But thats besides the point.

I agree with RayJay; Mixkrow is my favorite krow set. It takes advantage of Krows monstrous offensive stats. But this isnt really the thread to discuss the viability of different Krow sets, so I'll leave it there.

So to re-answer your question, vix - Murkrow works really well; and so does Fatty's bulky Houndour - though you will have to watch the sleep powder unlike with krow - unless you decide Early Bird is *really* good or something. CS Snover can revenge kill it if sub is down; and CS shellder should be able to OHKO with icicle spear through subs.

I see, I thought what made harvest so good was that it was guarenteed free recovery in sunlight rather than 50% which you can't rely on.

Ok, maybe I under-rated mixkrow, so I guess that would be a good counter. But I'm still sticking with natu as it can still reflect the sleep powder rather than just absorbing it.

How can you EV train for a lc battle...Or do you just use the meds? Calcium. iron, etc.?????
The Vitamins only give up to 100 EVs, but you could use the wings to get higher. You can also get the EVs by fighting low level Pokemon with all 6 of your Pokemon and having only one of your Pokemon that you're not EV training holding an EXP Share.

You should also obviously use a Power Item and Pokerus to make it so you don't have to fight as many Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)