Smogon University PO Statistics — January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrp

Banned deucer.
I find it sickening that Scizor has so much use >.> it's so freaking easy to kill off and it's not even that threatening

Can't say I didn't see Deoxys-D's jump coming. I've heard a lot of success stories from people who haved used Deoxys-D as a replacement for Deoxys-S on offensive teams. Also:

Code:
| 1 | Scizor | 115131 | 29.795% | 95445 | 29.589% |
Old boy's still got it.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
OU Carracosta = #159
1337 OU Carracosta = #66

+93! Turtle power!
Some of that was my fault. I had a bromance with CB Carracosta for a little while.

People finally realising spiker Deo-D is almost as good as Deo-S... In fact, I'd say it's just as good.
Not even close but it is going to net SR & 1 Layer of Spikes most of the time (as opposed to Deoxys-S' ALL the time) just because of how damn hard to KO it is. The difference is that it's complete setup bait for faster Pokemon and if it does run speed, it's much easier to KO due to it's Base 50 HP.

That said, I HATE Red Card Deoxys-D and the fact that's becoming more common makes me cringe.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
| 48 | Scrafty | 13845 | 3.583% | 11111 | 3.444% |

D
R
O
P

| 37 | Honchkrow | 4250 | 6.163% | 3416 | 5.821% |

time for absol to go RU =D

Stratos

Banned deucer.
That said, I HATE Red Card Deoxys-D and the fact that's becoming more common makes me cringe.
90% of people try to kill Deo with U-turn anyway, so Red Card doesn't really have much use. That's actually quite a crappy item imo

Not even close but it is going to net SR & 1 Layer of Spikes most of the time (as opposed to Deoxys-S' ALL the time) just because of how damn hard to KO it is. The difference is that it's complete setup bait for faster Pokemon and if it does run speed, it's much easier to KO due to it's Base 50 HP.

Deoxys isn't really setup bait with taunt or thunderwave. Yeah, I know deo-s guaranteed the spikes with that huge speed. However, the OU metagame isn't really that fast in this gen and you don't need to play it in a suicidal way all the time like deo-s - like you said, it has huge defenses and is really difficult to ko.

Looking at the LC stats I am surprised that gligar and missy are not in the top 5!
They didn't become legal until halfway through the month or so, hence why they are lagging. Don't worry; by the end of February, their standard rating should match their 1337 rating. Murkrow should also rise.

It's unfortunate; they were made legal since they were deemed not broken, which is true, but if you don't use 2 or all 3 of them, you're doin LC rong.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Deoxys isn't really setup bait with taunt or thunderwave. Yeah, I know deo-s guaranteed the spikes with that huge speed. However, the OU metagame isn't really that fast in this gen and you don't need to play it in a suicidal way all the time like deo-s - like you said, it has huge defenses and is really difficult to ko.
...What?!

Okay Gen 3 "isn't really that fast"

Gen 4 introduced Choice Scarf making the game significantly faster

Gen 5...I can sum up Gen 5's Speed Creep in one image:

We have base 105 Speed and even base 108 Speed Pokemon COMMONLY seen running Choice Scarf with a +Speed nature. "The OU metagame isn't really that fast in this gen" is just flat-out a wrong opinion. Gen 5 isn't just fast. Gen 5 is plaid.

Moxie did something for mence really. Still he´s no Dragonite
I hope Chansey doesn´t fall back to UU.
Electvire he is less used in RU than some NU´s. That´s hilarious.Poor guy. Surely will end up in NU.
Speaking of NU why no one uses Flareon despite the fact it can check things like Jynx, Exeggutor, Magmortar (some of the most used pokemons in the tier) and it can wishpass.

We have base 105 Speed and even base 108 Speed Pokemon COMMONLY seen running Choice Scarf with a +Speed nature. "The OU metagame isn't really that fast in this gen" is just flat-out a wrong opinion. Gen 5 isn't just fast. Gen 5 is plaid.
The average base speed of all OU pokes (Before January's tier shifts) was somewhere close to 81. Yes the fast boys are FAST but if you're below that, you don't have to invest much in speed.
There are a LOT of slow pokes in the game. Just look at the top 10 and tell me how many of those usually invest a lot in their speed.

Pokemon are becoming both faster and slower. Gliscor almost always ran max Speed to outspeed Lucario but now it invests in Def to take attacks from things like Terrakion and Landorus. Jirachi is another Pokemon that's running less speed because it generally ran offensive sets in Gen 4 but now runs more defensive sets.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i'm with DDRmaster, things will always sift into tiers. In this case, we have the "if i'm not the fastest, i'm dead" tier with things like Scarf Landorus, which you can thank for the Scarf +Spe kions; then there's the "lemme outspeed slowmons" tier which is stuff like Rachi, Rotom-W, etc. then there's the tier that congregates around Tyranitar like it always has. Then we have the "fuck it i lost the speed tie" tier with things like Ferro who just dgaf.

But yeah, in general, those are the four tiers in this meta, some fast, some slow. Gen V is hardly ludicrous speed, however, unless you're in Tier I.

Scizor still the king of OU, I see. Even though it gets killed easily it can take down a lot of a team's pokemon if someone lacks a counter on their team, and I doubt it's going to lose its spot as #1 for a while.

Why isn't Valcorona higher on the list than 25th? That thing seems to be on amost every team, sun or not. AND it's a counter to scizor.

Tran making a move to reclaim his throne. I haven't played OU since December, but it looks like Deo-D is seeing serious use as a spiker/dual screener for offensive teams. It's pretty cool to see stuff like Mamoswine and Zam getting some love as well.

Looks like more and more people are starting to realize how good Mence is. Theres still no reliable switch in for mix mence and scarf moxie Mence is just ridiculous.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
slowbro still UU.

what the hell smogon
Rotom-w out the ass. All teams, every team. I commonly find myself partnering him up with defensive venusaur or regeneration tangrowth when I use him these days just so that shit doesn't happen. Also, he's slower than scizor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)