VGC '12 Northern California Regional - Pleasanton, CA - Won by Nickscor & AlphaOmega!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alameda County Fairgrounds [ Map ]
Building C
4501 Pleasanton Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566​

You can pre-register for the event now! Find out how to get your Player ID.

P!P has chosen it's location for what is probably the most difficult regional this season, Nor-Cal Regional! This year, the small suburban town of Pleasanton has the pleasure in hosting a weekend gathering of the state's finest Pokemon players! Come join us for a wonderful weekend in Pleasanton. Remember, if you recognize someone from Smogon, just introduce yourself. We don't bite!

Format
The tournament will be in the swiss format likely with no top cut. Players will be paired up against each other and every round they will play someone else with a similar record to them. After a set amount of rounds, the players with the best scores (with tie-breakers determined by the win percentage of their opponents) will receive their prizes. This means everyone will get to play every round and nobody is eliminated in the tournament!

Parking
Enter the parking on Valley Avenue. Be prepared to pay $8 (one day no in & out) or $12 (both days, in & out ok).

Side Events
VGC Side Event on Saturday
This is separate from the VGC event the next day. You do NOT need to enter TCG to play in the actual regional. This side event is for fun.

• Will run concurrently with TCG Regional
  • You must be entered in the TCG tournament to enter (loaner decks will be available to VGC players)
  • Register before end of Round 2 of TCG
  • $10 & $20 Unique Skins gift cards for making a custom DS skin to the winners.
Saturday Pokemon Giveaway
We will be doing a Video Game Pokémon giveaway on Saturday, for those enrolled in the TCG event - after round 2 in the TCG trade us a Pidove or whatever, for a good Video Game Pokémon. All the Pokémon are, of course, fully EV trained in beneficial stats, they each have at least one maximum IV in a beneficial stat, and all of them will be holding berries that benefit them in some way or another.

The Pokemon to trade is chosen by randomizer:

Ninjask
Shedinja
Medicham - Ice Punch & Thunder Punch Egg Moves
Salamence - Fire Fang Egg Move + Some have Dream World Ability "Moxie"
Metagross
Darmanitan
Chandelure - Heat Wave Egg Move
Zoroark - Extrasensory & Dark Pulse Egg Moves
Mienshao
Archeops

We do have decks to loan for the TCG event. Yes, this is our way of getting Video Game players to give the TCG a shot.
AR Card Photo Booth
There will be a giant AR card set up where you can take pictures with Pokemon using your 3DS 3D Pokedex app! It's like last year's setup at Nationals except it's a moveable 9ft version that can be any Unova Pokemon!

Attending
Masters
  1. commi$$ioner
  2. voodoo pimp
  3. Slashmolder
  4. Nickscor
  5. Kaphotics
  6. Age of Kings (+1)
  7. Supe
  8. Pareidolia
  9. PaperGlaceon
  10. TheFourthChaser
  11. Alakazoom
  12. DESTROYZA
  13. Zari
  14. NixHex
  15. Aqueos
  16. pokemaster649
  17. Kiyo
  18. CrazyAtoo
  19. djbeardo
  20. Darth Missingno.
  21. Huy
  22. Max212
  23. Mattster
  24. amazingracer24
  25. DeagleBeagle
  26. Metabou
  27. Imitation Black
  28. xDarrylx
  29. Vulteon
  30. PokeMaster24
  31. ameth1
Seniors
  1. Saboros
  2. kamz (+1)
  3. slaymar
  4. DeepSpeed (+1)
  5. Dragonpolabear (+1)

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Oh yeah I'll be there.
Hopefully I manage to place high enough (to four) to get money so I can afford to go to Nationals.

I'll be there, 27 minute drive from me, have a sleepover with the buddies and come in the morning. Yes sir, Seniors.

kamz

VGC 2011 Seniors Champion
Me and sassan( Lil Kamz ) have like a 60% chance of going. Hoping we don't get haxed out of going there!

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I will be there for sure with my boyfriend (who is not a Smogonite...yet), both for Masters. Surprisingly the most difficult part of teaching someone about competitive Pokemon is the type chart. Also this time I will not go three sleep deprived nights before the competition :B

Supe

would you suck the poison out
I will be there for sure with my boyfriend (who is not a Smogonite...yet), both for Masters. Surprisingly the most difficult part of teaching someone about competitive Pokemon is the type chart. Also this time I will not go three sleep deprived nights before the competition :B
Sleep deprivation is half the fun! We still had really good showings at Long Beach.

Anyways, I'll be there for both tcg and vgc.

You can expect to see me there, a less than thirty minute drive. It's also my first year in Masters (cut off is '96, right?). I'm going to be in the TCG and VGC, unless I get no energies to run my deck.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
If anyone is in the Santa Cruz/San Jose area and could give me a ride it'd be very much so appreciated. Problem is the only way I see to get to Pleasanton from the area is via the ACE which only runs on weekdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)