Ask a Dreamy Question Get a Dreamy Answer

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You know the drill. Got a quick specific question? Drop it here.

EDIT: someone editted and made this sound gay, it wasn't me

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We will be using a council method to determine what is banned and what isn't. I will listen to everyone in the forum that speaks, however. So far the council is zephyr and I, but I'm looking to add more within the next up coming week

I am a big Sun player in OU and I have been doing well. I have been wanting to test this tier for a while, so here are my questions:

How good is sun in the DW tier? What are the main mons that I should prepare my team for?

Also, is TR any good here too?

Consider a rotating council, not as often as NU and RU have them but like every other round shake up the council a bit. Blend of Dictator blend of Democracy, catch my drift?

I am a big Sun player in OU and I have been doing well. I have been wanting to test this tier for a while, so here are my questions:

How good is sun in the DW tier? What are the main mons that I should prepare my team for? Depends. You're beaten by two big threats of DW OU, Excadrill and Keldeo (!) if you play it wrong, but you can also threatn Sand Stream and Drizzle teams with your Chlorophyll sweepers.

Also, is TR any good here too? In this hyper-offense dominated metagame, yeah, I think it would be decent (never played TR in DWOU)

Am I just facing random opponents or is this meta-game not really consistent? It's good to battle different things every time you play, but I'd still like to know if there is some type of medium.

Am I just facing random opponents or is this meta-game not really consistent? It's good to battle different things every time you play, but I'd still like to know if there is some type of medium.
Everyone is probably just experimenting with all the different viable options available in DW OU. This is something that should be expected from a metagame with a boatload of new and interesting sets to use. It might settle down in the future, but for now, the metagame is simply inconsistant.

does ditto transform before or after hazards? i.e., if ditto comes in on moltres with spikes and rocks up, would ditto take normal rock and spike damage or 50% from rocks/no spikes damage?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
does ditto transform before or after hazards? i.e., if ditto comes in on moltres with spikes and rocks up, would ditto take normal rock and spike damage or 50% from rocks/no spikes damage?
Birkal strikes in the DQDA thread ;)

Ditto transforms after hazards damage takes place. As a general rule of thumb, all abilities take place after hazards do their duty. This is evidenced by testing Trace Porygon2 and Intimidate Pokemon in the Research Thread. Best of luck!

Sorry if this has been answered before. I'm very busy, and my searching hasn't found me the answer yet.

Exeggcute learns harvest and giga drain from the dream world, and can learn giga drain from breeding in G5. Is it possible to get both on the same exeggcute legally? Also, how would I do this?

Will a dreamworld exeggcute always or something have both?

Can I breed giga drain into a male exeggcute, then catch a dream exeggcute with harvest, then breed them to get one with both?

Thanks for any help regarding this very specific question.

Sorry if this has been answered before. I'm very busy, and my searching hasn't found me the answer yet.

Exeggcute learns harvest and giga drain from the dream world, and can learn giga drain from breeding in G5. Is it possible to get both on the same exeggcute legally? Also, how would I do this?

Will a dreamworld exeggcute always or something have both?

Can I breed giga drain into a male exeggcute, then catch a dream exeggcute with harvest, then breed them to get one with both?

Thanks for any help regarding this very specific question.
Yes, you may use Egg Moves on Pokemon with Dream World abilities. This is becuase Dream World abilities can be passed on from mother to offspring, and Egg Moves are passed from father to offspring.

if you breed a male vulpix with dream world vulpix female will the hatched pokemon have drought
There's only a 60% chance, but that's a good chance.

how come excadrill isnt banned from dream world OU but it is from standard OU?
All of the Pokemon that were originally allowed in OU at the start of BW besides Manaphy, Shaymin-S, and Darkrai were allowed in DW OU to test them with the new threats like Chandelure and Serperior.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
how come excadrill isnt banned from dream world OU but it is from standard OU?
kd24 and I decided when we started giving the tier attention it'd be best to start off at a clean slate. some threats just aren't as bad as they used to be in dw

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Where can I find the Dream World analyses on-site? I tried looking under the metagames page and under the Pokemon that have them completed but I couldn't find them.

I have a few questions about this:

Dream World np thread said:
Hello and welcome to Dream World OU - The image that BW OU is supposed to eventually look like. As both tiers evolve, the idea is that they will ultimately result into one tier, which will from then on be our official Generation 5 OU tier in its completed form.
Now, from what I understand it has always been known that Black and White would not receive the dream world abilities of 5th Gen Pokémon. Something about overworld sprites if I'm not mistaken. But my question is this:

In light of the recent announcement of Black and White 2, due in June, which at the very least will bring two new additions to the metagame, but likely will bring many more, has it not become clear that the Standard OU tier will never become the Dream World tier as it is now? Do people truly believe that all unreleased Dream World abilities will be released within the next few months? That somehow the berries and other items we currently lack access to will suddenly appear within our games? Or is the idea that the games will not change significantly enough to merit the dissolution of the current Dream World tier?

At the very least, the claim that Standard OU will eventually become Dream World OU has become almost certainly false. Just wondering what Smogon's philosophy is on this.

Dream World is not dissolving anytime soon. As for the "future", no, we can't guarantee that by the end of Generation V OU will be exactly like current Dream World. That would be foolish to assume. But when we say future, we are looking far longer ahead than the sequel games that have been announced. We're talking about an OU that won't come about for years.

Basically Dream World is "everything we know exists but has not been released yet".

As for your worries about the overworld sprites: That only implies that those Pokemon are unobtainable in Dream World itself. It does not rule out the existence of those Pokemon with their Dream World abilities; see Darmanitan and Musharna, both of whom acquire their hidden ability in-game.

Two questions: does Sheer Force boost moves with high crit ratios (like Stone Edge)? Also, does it boost and remove the effects of moves with negative effects? (like Hammer Arm)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)