Publicus Cornelius Tacitus - Peaked #7

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free

*​

It has now been one year since I began to play competitive Pokémon on simulators. I wasn't participating in any Smogon tournaments in the past bar some random tours. I have become interested in them since the start of last WC. I remarked that there wasn't any Belgium team, the same as for the Netherlands (and Luxembourg). These three countries used to be an active economic and political corporation before the creation of the EU and even used to be one single country 200 years ago. That's why 'Team Benelux' had the right to participate in the WC.

Having joined the Benelux community, I met many good players who quite influenced me on the 'strategic term of way'.
Because the Indigo Tournament was my first participation in a tournament here and because this same team brought me a high win ratio against really tough players, I decided to RMT it.
This team was originally built around Alakazam, a quite forgotten but really good sweeper in OU. With his new ability, Magic Guard, he quickly becomes unstoppable if the field has been prepared well before. He is helped (supported?) by the many entry hazards this team relies on, letting me limit my opponent's switches and getting an easy revenge kill for Alakazam. Breloom, with Spore's new effect, can prevent a Pokémon from doing anything while asleep. His frenetic subs lure his main counters, which are: Lati twins, Gengar, and Celebi, allowing me to eventually put 'off game' ('out of the game'?) a Zor or Ttar by burning them as it will be explained later on.
In conclusion, Alakazam will often come in late game to easily revenge kill a poke with Charge Beam (if possible) and then finish the rest.

Tyranitar (M) @
Ability : Sand Stream
EVs : 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Jolly Nature (+Spe , -SAtk)
~Earthquake
~Crunch
~Stone Edge
~Pursuit

Tyranitar is a pretty common sight in today's metagame, but as you can see I'm using a Choice Scarf variant, which isn't that common at all anymore. That's actually one of the reasons it's so effective actually as I can net a pretty big amount of surprise kills. Things like Gengar, Starmie and even Dragonite think they can outspeed and kill me only to be KO'ed by the appropriate move. I know Superpower is usually the preferred option, but I went went with Earthquake instead because the attack and defense drop are a real letdown. Using both Crunch and Pursuit might seem like a bit redundant but they each have their own perks and usefulness and it's not like Tyranitar has "better" options anyway, not being situational that is. Stone Edge is a powerful STAB move that gives the coverage of hitting Flying types harder and despite the accuracy issue is a letdown sometimes, it can be a lifesafer.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Breloom (M) @
Ability : Poison Heal
EVs : 252 Def / 236 Hp / 20 Spe
Impish Nature (+Def , -SAtk)
~Spore
~Leech Seed
~Substitute
~Focus Punch

Another not-that-common sight anymore, bulky Breloom. Despite it's appearance Breloom actually has decent bulk and a nice couple of resistances. Here are some calcs:

Choice Scarf Terrakion Close Combat : 50,62% - 60%
Choice Band Terrakion : 75,94% - 98,38%
Expert Belt Latios Psyshock : 81,88% - 96,56%
Leftovers Latios Psyshock : 68,44% - 80,62%
Life Orb Latios : 89,06% - 104,06% (31,26% de chances d'OHKO)
Choice Band Haxorus Outrage : 91,88% - 108,12% (50% de chances d'OHKO)
Choice Scarf Haxorus Outrage : 61,25% - 72,5%
+1 Bulky Dragonite Dragon Claw : 49,06% - 58,13%
Choice Band Dragonite Outrage : 85,62% - 101,25% (6,25% de chances d'OHKO)
Modest Choice Scarf Politoed Ice Beam : 83,75% - 98,75%
Mienshao Hi-Jump Kick : 70,31% - 82,5%
+1 Conkeldurr Drain PUnch: 55,62% - 65,62%
+ 2 Bulky Scizor Bug Bite: 71,56% - 84,38%
Choice Scarf Landorus Hidden Power [Ice] : 48,75% - 57,5%
Defensive Gliscor Ice Fang : 23,75% - 28,12%

The main strategy here is to put something to sleep with the 100% accurate Spore, which with his new effect, equals to KO directly a Pokemon and Leech Seed stall, which is both annoying for my opponent as effective. Breloom was my main answer against Stall Teams as it is an awesome StallBreaker knowing that the only stall imuned to leech seed, Ferrothorn coudn’t afford to switch in This makes Breloom able to get past pokes as Gliscor and Dragonite that it otherwise couldn't beat. Don't be mistaken though, as even without offensive investment, Breloom’s attack still reaches 296 with a stab at 150 power, Focus Punch which is still a pretty powerful move and it's sure to dent something that doesn't resist. Breloom also deals with the annoying VoltTurn teams that have become quite common.
Finally, Breloom is my lead in 95% of cases, nearly able to take any hits from the commun leads. However, i’ll directly switch on Latias if oppenement’s lead is Rotom ta take the obvious WoW (or volt switch if it is scarf).

*​

Skarmory @
Ability : Sturdy
EVs : 252 Hp / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature (+Def , -SAtk)
~Brave Bird
~Roost
~Spikes
~Whirlwind

Pretty standard Skarmory here, but why not? It's one of the best physical walls available and the ability to lay down Spikes and phaze makes it a more then good poke to use on this team. Roost is for the obvious survivability and without Leftovers, Roost becomes extra important for Skarmory to stay healthy. Brave Bird prevent Skarmory from being Taunt-bait and still is a pretty powerful move that's pretty useful in a metagame filled with offensively strong Fighting-type pokemon. Rocky Helmet might look like a weird option but it helps in beating Voltturn teams that take damage despite switching out. To a lesser extend it fakes Shed Shell so Magnezone users are less tempted to switch it in. The loss of Leftovers can be a pain sometimes but the surprise factor and the ability to severely limit VoltTurn teams make up for this for sure. Also Keep in mind that with SR/spikes support, Zor and the others won't be able to u-turn when ever they want. *

*​

Latias (M) @
Ability : Levitate
EVs : 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature (+Spe , -Atk)
~Calm Mind
~Dragon Pulse
~Recover
~Psycho Shift

After having testing versions with Refresh or HP Fire on Psycho shift, i finally opted for this last for the following reasons. Being my main switch to any stab water attacks, where the most current one is scald, latias generally takes the burn and with a bit of prediction, i can easily psycho shift a burn on dangerous threats for the team, Tyranitar and Scizor mainly. As 95% of latias switch-ins are Zor/Ttar/Ferrothorn or other physically steel mon, psycho shift appears to be really useful here as most of the time, my oppenement doesn't expect that. I never had a match without latias being burned to show you how useful it is. There are always opportunities to be burned with her, as she mainly switches-in against the very commun scald attack, the lava plume from the very commun specially heatran or just a WoW from Rotom.
Calm Mind and Recover appears to be quiet obvious here. Allowing me to set-up and recover when it's necessary, latias also makes a great underrated late game sweeper.

Heatran (M) @
Ability : Flash Fire
EVs : 248 Hp / 100 SDef / 160 Spe
Calm Nature (+SDef , -Atk)
~Stealth Rock
~Roar
~Lava Plume
~Protect

Specially defensive Heatran is common but for a reason, it's just a damn good pokemon. It provides my team with some useful resistances while it also acts as a secondary phazer, next to Skarmory. But more importantly it also sets up Stealth Rock, often considered the best move in the game. Having 2 phazers can really put a lot of pressure on the opponent as it prevents him from utilizing set-up pokemon. And with both SR and Spikes on the field, a lot of my opponent's pokes are but in KO range for a late game sweep, preferably Alakazam but Latias or Tyranitar can also work. Protect is a move that has multiple purposes. One, it allows me to scout my opponent, and switch accordingly, this is very useful for checking out opposing Choiced pokemon, especially with hazards up. But Protect also grants an additional turn of Leftovers recovery, seeing I don't have a spinner of my own and the fact that Heatran doesn't have access to a reliable recovery move makes that this extra turn can have a big impact on the battle. To a lesser extent, Protect helps to PP stall moves with low PP. Lava Plum is preferred over the stronger Fire Blast and similar moves because it has a lot more PP, better accuracy and a very useful 30% chance to burn (another reason Protect can be useful). And since this particular Heatran set didn't invest in offense, the lack of a higher damage output is neglectable.

Alakazam (M) @
Ability : Magic Guard
EVs : 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature (+Spe , -Atk)
~Psychic
~Focus Blast
~Charge Beam
~Shadow Ball

Still UU a couple of weeks ago, Alakazam is probably the most underrated sweaper in OU. He nearly outspeeds any non scarf-mon in the metagame which makes him a great revenge killer. With the support of the entry hasards/spored pokemon and if i’ve Ko’ed his current threats as the team is supposed to do (Celebi, LatiTwins, Zor..) , well it’s then pretty much gg for my oppenement. Jirachi remains quiete a hard threat to take out and he is the main reason why i went on EQ rather then superpower on Tyranitar as he normally doesn’t suspect it.
Why Charge Beam ? Charge beam, beyond the fact to eventually finish a damaged Skarmory/Politoad works like a free Boost in late game. As Alakazam often cames out for a RK or to finish a damaged Pokemon, he easily get the SAtk boost, letting him to nearly OHKO all the mons left ( with at the minimum SR helps). He OHKO Gliscor/Specially Heatran after a boost and rocks damage which says quiete a lot on his offensive potential. The rest is obvious. Psychic for the stab and Shadow Ball/Focus Blast for perfect coverage.
*​

Offensive Threats :

Rotom-W : Latias is his main switch and can absorb his Will'O'Wisp. If there's a Tyranitar in the opponent team, I usually go on Heatran / Breloom except if I know it hasn't Pursuit.

Scizor : Skarmory definitely, like Heatran and he will faster be down with the Spikes & the Rocky Helmet

Dragonite : I try to have my SR on his side. Defensive variants is walled by Latias and the DD one isn't a problem because it can set up only if Ttar is locked into Earthquake / Pursuit.

Jirachi : His standart version isn't a problem at all. The SubCM one isn't a problem too except if it's played under rain and it can haxx me with Water Pulse.

Latios : is easely trapped by Ttar and Heatran can take some hits.

Reuniclus : Ttar isn't good for him, Latias can set up with him in a CM war but I usually keep Breloom's Spore for him because the Trick Room sweeper is painful.

Haxorus : Skarmory is his best counter, is an ashole if coupled with Magnezone

Conkeldur: Skarmory is here.

Celebi : It's annoying for Breloom so I usually try to substiture when I anticipate when he will come and then I go on Ttar when it uses HP Fire / Psychic and then I crunch him.

Terrakion : In red for every team in lack of Tangwroth / Slowbro / Gliscor. It depends of him between Stone Edge and Close Combat but a mistake let me usually do something else.

Gyarados : Skarmory & Breloom for those without Bounce, Alakazam revenge kill it easely. If it has set one Dragon Dance and if he is under the rain, it can be painfull.

Gengar : I will never Sub with Breloom if there's a Gengar in opponent's team. It's not complicated to anticipate his coming and trap him with Ttar. Alakazam can revenge kill it.

Starmie : Like Gengar, his coming is easy to anticipate (It comes always on Heatran which Stealth Roc) and then is trapped by Ttar

Landorus : Skarmory & Breloom are just great switch in.

Infernape : Latias takes all his hits. Alakazam & Ttar revenge kill it.

Volcarona : Hp ground one just beats me. Hopefully it's not commun. Other ones are easely counter by Heatran.

Magnezone : Painfull because Skarmory could not setting Spikes without taking a risk. I should be aware and I'll have to let Skarmory die at the good moment.

Espeon : Not painfull, Ttar just beats it, Latias takes all its hits.

Salamence : Mixed one are a pain because I have to switch correctly. Same for the Dragon Dance@ Fire Blast one but hopefully, they are not commun at all.

Hydreigon : Like for every team, he is annoying, I have to force tu use Draco Meteor and play around it.

Breloom : Not a problem, Latias and Skarmory ltanks him, Alakazam scares him.

Toxicroak : I beat him with Skarmory.

Lucario : Not really annoying because it can set up only on Latias and is easely revenge kill by Ttar

Virizion : I revenge kill him without any problem with Alakazam, Sword Dance one is walled by Skarmory. Others are walled by latias which can in the baddest case go into a CM war. But I usually preserve Breloom's Spore for him because it can take every hits at +0.

Scrafty : Skarmory without any problems

Venusaur : Heatran except if it has Earthquake, I have to be aware of sleep btw, Latias can come too on it and setup some CM.

Mamoswine : Skarmory is here, Ttar revenge kill it.

Dugtrio : Really annoying because I'll have some issues to Stealth Roc or to trap someone with Ttar without being trapped by him after. I have to be extremely careful and double switch when I anticipate his comming.

Tornadus : Ttar takes some hits except Focus Blast / Brick Break and RK him, Alakazam revenge kill it too and heatran can take a hit.

Sawsbuck : Skarmory wall it, Alakzam revenge kill him under the sand.

Mienfao : Biggest Threat. It 2HKO everyone. I have to anticipate every move he'll do, if played with Ttar, I can't do anything .

Weather Threats : Not at all problems. Ninetales, Politoad, Ttar or Aboma aren't at all threats exept if they are coupled with the red threats.

Defensive Threats :

Ferrothorn : Breloom just set up on it, allow me a free set up but I have to be aware of the firsr Thunder Wave. Heatran stops it.

Gliscor : The sub toxic Gliscor, really played those times is just stopped by Skarmory. Either he'll try to come on Breloom, I just have to predict and Leech Seed him on the switch? Latias & Alakazam can go on him too.

Heatran : Latias is my main switch for offensive/defensive variants. Ttar can come on it too.

Skarmory : 20Spd Ev's of Breloom allows me to outspeed him and spore him if needed. Either Alakazam scares it and I can have a boost with Charge Beam.

Foretress : Breloom just set up on him easely, allows me to have a free Sub and Focus Punch it until his death, Toxic Spikes aren't dangerous because only Tyranitar is getting poisonned.

Jellicent : Latias rapes it, Psycho shift if necessary and cannot do anything to Breloom.

Tentacruel : Let Latias setting up, he'll try to burn me or toxik me in vain. Alakazam put a great preasure on him.

Gastrodon : He will come on Heatran, Latias and Breloom rapes him without problems.

Blissey : Breloom comes on it and let me spikes with Skarmory without problems.

Vapoeron : I never see it. Breloom and Latias are my main switch in.

Latias : heatran walls it/burn and roar if it tries to set up. Ttar trap her too.

Bronzong : I never see it too, Breloom and Skarmory just beat it.

Mew : Latias without problems, will come on Breloom's Sub & allow me to Crunch it with Ttar if his HP is low enough.

Chansey : Like Blissey, Breloom just do all he can do, Skarmory sets up spikes.

Slowbro : Latias walls it, Alakazam put a big preasure on it too.

Tangrowth : The only thing I don't like is the Sleep Powder, either, Skarmory has no problems with it, Alakazam makes tons of dammages & Latias can set up.

Quagsire : Breloom, Latias with Psycho Shift if it tries to Toxik me, Skarmory sets Spikes on it...

As a conclusion, i’ll say thx to Delko , mynism and HC for having helping me to translate this rmt but also to all benelux team. The title refers to a famous latin author which is by far the most complicated author to translate, Tacite. It’s always hard to understand what he means as it not always easy to guess some non commun mooves in the team. Also, cause i have spend many time and hard work on his texts, and cause it was my first idea to the title, why not. Oh, and didn't want to ladder with the team as it is not representative of any good level and preferred to shall as much as possible good players that i knowed. Well, hope, you enjoyed the read. I’ll probably have difficulties to answer in english but i’ll try, seeya.

Peaked 7 : under the alt "Malibu Stacy" on Smogon server

Volt switch is a special move.

If you are having trouble with rotom, I suggest using this set with a rueniculus:

Rueniculus@ stick barb
Ability: magic guard
Moves: psycho shock
Shadow ball
Focus blast
Blizzard
252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 spD

This basically takes advantage of the standard trick set on rotom-w. most people won't want to trade a choice Item for a something that incurrs passive damage. This just abuses a bad mistake of using rotom.

If you are having trouble with rotom, I suggest using this set with a rueniculus:

Rueniculus@ stick barb
Shadow ball
Focus blast
Blizzard
252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 spD

This basically takes advantage of the standard trick set on rotom-w. most people won't want to trade a choice Item for a something that incurrs passive damage. This just abuses a bad mistake of using rotom.
The main problem with this strategy is that Rotom-W will then have a Sticky Barb to Trick onto any other of your Pokémon.

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free

Rueniculus@ stick barb
Shadow ball
Focus blast
Blizzard
252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 spD

I never said rotom was a problem. Don't know where you saw that, all is explained in the tlist about him.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Nice team.However,i'd suggest Shed shell over Rocky Helmet on Skarm as it doesn't really help against Volt-turn teams;Skarm invites Rotom to come in and Volt switch or anticipate a switch and trick you.Not to mention bluffing Shed shell isn't exactly gonna keep it alive against opponents using Zone especially after they take damage form RH.You should also replace Latias with Reuniclus as the team,as it is,get's fucked by Terakion and Infernape.Alakazam can scare them away but can't switch in without getting 2HKO'ed.Reuniclus,unlike Latias,does not take damage from status and can sweep more easily than it.

Reuniclus@Leftovers
252 HP 252 DEF 4Spa
Bold
Psychic
Focus Blast
Recover
Calm Mind

you should replace Alakazam for Rotom-W. It should be the bulky variant.
EDIT : forgot to mention the reason : it is because Alakazam is very fragile and he doesnt have a good synergy as Rotom-W would have.

Rotom-W
112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
~ Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
~ Hydro Pump
~ Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power Fire
~ Pain Split
Modest, Leftovers

Hey

Solid Sand Storm team you have here man. I really like the use of such a unorthodox Latias set, which is definitely going to be popular pretty soon. Although, your team gets wrecked by Shell Smash Cloyster. It can easily set-up on Tyranitar locked into Pursuit / Crunch and proceed to decimate rest of the team. At +2 Breloom, Latias, Alakazam are easily OHKOed by Icicle Spear, while Tyranitar, Heatran and Skarmory doesn't stand a chance versus Hydro Pump / Surf, which is really problematic. Your team also lacks a Rapid Spin support which could be troublesome against opposing weathers and stall teams. Since half of your team could potentially be hurt by spikes and stealth rocks, rapid spin support is crucial. To fix these issues, I would recommend you to replace Alakazam with Rapid Spin Starmie. This set is more focused on the supporting nature of Starmie than its offensive nature, through the very rare move, Rapid Spin, which Starmie can make excellent use of. The key to Starmie's effectiveness as a Rapid Spinner is its potent offensive ability, as most people would not switch a Ghost-type into Starmie for fear of a powerful Life Orb boosted attack, meaning that it actually has a pretty good chance of bluffing an offensive set and getting a free Rapid Spin off. Surf is the most reliable option, though Hydro Pump is also worth a look in for the increased offensive power. Scald is another option in case you want some added utility. Thunderbolt gives you insurance against your main weaknesses to Gyarados, Cloyster and hitting Jellicent hard to get a rapid spin off. Recover increases Starmie's survivability by healing half of the health back while Rapid Spin is a self explanatory move. Leftovers is an ideal option over Life Orb because of the consistent recovery. Starmie also gives you coverage versus Swords Dance Gliscor which could be a major threat with Taunt. This set packs max HP instead of Special attack which gives Starmie enough bulk to take on Cloyster and other major threats.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump / Surf / Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

For some minor changes, I would suggest you to replace your current Breloom set with a Bulk Up variant. SubSeed set is outclassed in this generation due to the fact that there are so many Gliscors around making it harder for him to set-up efficiently. I know it can definitely find other opportunities too but your team would mostly be benefited by a Bulk Up version. Breloom can effectively use a Bulk Up set that hinders common physical walls such as Gliscor, Quagsire, and most stall teams. It should also be noted that this variant of Breloom can set up on a multitude of common threats, such as Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Politoed, among others. Bulk Up is the crux of this set, boosting Breloom's already massive Attack and its mediocre Defense to high levels, which enables Breloom to survive moves like Choice Band Terrakion's Close Combat, Mamoswine's Ice Shard, and Scizor's Bullet Punch, preventing them from revenge killing the mushroom Pokemon. Spore is quite useful, especially with the mechanics in BW, and essentially disables one of your opponent's Pokemon. Seed Bomb is Breloom's most powerful Attack, and it hits bulky Water-types such as Rotom-W, Politoed, Quagsire, and Gastrodon extremely hard. Drain Punch, when used in conjunction with Poison Heal, recovers Breloom's health, making it even harder to take down, and still decimates threats such as Tyranitar, Blissey, and Ferrothorn. Breloom easily defeats various Volt-Turn strategies which is always a bonus. This is a much better stall breaking mon which could potentially be a huge threat for your opponent with entry hazards up. This set doesn't loses any critical opportunities unlike your previous set, making it easier for your foe to break through and scare Breloom with SE attack. Other than that, brilliant team. Good Luck!

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, got the request. Most of my changes are pretty minor. First off, Psycho Shift allows you to transfer status to an opponent, but your opponent will soon wise up to it and switch in their already statused Pokemon to your Psycho Shifts. A much more reliable move would be Refresh, which guarantees you'll be able to get rid of status. As you've already mentioned, Terrakion and Salamence are complete bitches. One thing you could give a shot is Focus Sash Alakazam with Psyshock, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, and Hidden Power Ice. Thanks to Magic Guard, Stealth Rock and Sandstorm will never break your Sash, and you can come in and revenge kill Salamence/ Terrakion. In the case of Terrakion, every set besides SuSD are taken out by Psyshock after Alakazam takes a hit (in the case of CB Terrak, Alakazam can outright take it down). SubSD Terrak loses its Substitute as it activates the Sash, and is revenge killed right after.

I also second mostwanted's suggestion of Bulk Up Breloom over your current variant. As your Latias does not carry Hidden Power Fire, Spikes from Skarmory is your only means of dealing with Volt-turn. Considering how common this strategy is, it'd be wise to carry Breloom as a secondary check to Volt-turn. As well, Breloom is probably the best stallbreaker in OU not named Reuniclus, and just walks all over Rain stall and their Politoeds, Ferrothorns, and Tentacruels. After a Bulk Up, Breloom is also bulkier than your current set as well. The only loss is that you no longer have Leech Seed to annoy the opponent.

GL
Refresh>Psycho Shift on Latias
pros: more reliable
cons: can't status opponents

Focus Sash>Life Orb+Psyshock>Psychic+Hidden Power Ice>Charge Beam on Alakazam
pros: safely revenge kills Terrakion/ Salamence/ Hydreigon and such
cons: less power, can't boost

Bulk Up Breloom>Subseed Breloom
pros: more, well, bulk, tears apart Rain stall/ Volt-turn
cons: no Leech Seed for healing

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Refresh
- Recover

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 232 HP / 216 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
- Bulk Up
- Spore
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Pretty good looking team you got. I have to agree with the others on Bulk Up Breloom; its so most effective set to run because of all the stupid volt-turning teams flooding the meta. Now, i just have a minor nitpick, you should use lefties on Skarm imo. With all the physical power houses like Terrakion running around, Skarmory really needs the extra leftovers. You cant even fake Shed Shell because the minute your opponent attacks you, they will know your item... You mentioned that Terrakion and Mienshao were big threats to you, well leftovers can help you deal with them a bit better.

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
Nice team.However,i'd suggest Shed shell over Rocky Helmet on Skarm as it doesn't really help against Volt-turn teams;Skarm invites Rotom to come in and Volt switch or anticipate a switch and trick you.Not to mention bluffing Shed shell isn't exactly gonna keep it alive against opponents using Zone especially after they take damage form RH.You should also replace Latias with Reuniclus as the team,as it is,get's fucked by Terakion and Infernape.Alakazam can scare them away but can't switch in without getting 2HKO'ed.Reuniclus,unlike Latias,does not take damage from status and can sweep more easily than it.

Reuniclus@Leftovers
252 HP 252 DEF 4Spa
Bold
Psychic
Focus Blast
Recover
Calm Mind
Infernape is tanked by latias while reuniclus isn't a better check to terrakion than latias is when you consider the whole team. Also, by dropping latias, i loose my best check to rain teams and all that shit that reuncilus can't afford to take. Actually, i don't think any pokemon can be replaced as terrakion is an international problem to all team without gliscor/tangrowth/slobro. But i would get moore to loose than win by putting one of those three. Otherwise, thx for the rate.

you should replace Alakazam for Rotom-W. It should be the bulky variant.
EDIT : forgot to mention the reason : it is because Alakazam is very fragile and he doesnt have a good synergy as Rotom-W would have.

Rotom-W
112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
~ Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
~ Hydro Pump
~ Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power Fire
~ Pain Split
Modest, Leftovers
I'm not sure if you have read the threat cause ou will understand that this team is build around alakazam and to let him get an easy sweap. Rotom-W would'nt bring anything to the team and doesn't have the same offensive pressure that alakazam has.

Hey

Solid Sand Storm team you have here man. I really like the use of such a unorthodox Latias set, which is definitely going to be popular pretty soon. Although, your team gets wrecked by Shell Smash Cloyster. It can easily set-up on Tyranitar locked into Pursuit / Crunch and proceed to decimate rest of the team. At +2 Breloom, Latias, Alakazam are easily OHKOed by Icicle Spear, while Tyranitar, Heatran and Skarmory doesn't stand a chance versus Hydro Pump / Surf, which is really problematic. Your team also lacks a Rapid Spin support which could be troublesome against opposing weathers and stall teams. Since half of your team could potentially be hurt by spikes and stealth rocks, rapid spin support is crucial. To fix these issues, I would recommend you to replace Alakazam with Rapid Spin Starmie. This set is more focused on the supporting nature of Starmie than its offensive nature, through the very rare move, Rapid Spin, which Starmie can make excellent use of. The key to Starmie's effectiveness as a Rapid Spinner is its potent offensive ability, as most people would not switch a Ghost-type into Starmie for fear of a powerful Life Orb boosted attack, meaning that it actually has a pretty good chance of bluffing an offensive set and getting a free Rapid Spin off. Surf is the most reliable option, though Hydro Pump is also worth a look in for the increased offensive power. Scald is another option in case you want some added utility. Thunderbolt gives you insurance against your main weaknesses to Gyarados, Cloyster and hitting Jellicent hard to get a rapid spin off. Recover increases Starmie's survivability by healing half of the health back while Rapid Spin is a self explanatory move. Leftovers is an ideal option over Life Orb because of the consistent recovery. Starmie also gives you coverage versus Swords Dance Gliscor which could be a major threat with Taunt. This set packs max HP instead of Special attack which gives Starmie enough bulk to take on Cloyster and other major threats.

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump / Surf / Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

For some minor changes, I would suggest you to replace your current Breloom set with a Bulk Up variant. SubSeed set is outclassed in this generation due to the fact that there are so many Gliscors around making it harder for him to set-up efficiently. I know it can definitely find other opportunities too but your team would mostly be benefited by a Bulk Up version. Breloom can effectively use a Bulk Up set that hinders common physical walls such as Gliscor, Quagsire, and most stall teams. It should also be noted that this variant of Breloom can set up on a multitude of common threats, such as Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Politoed, among others. Bulk Up is the crux of this set, boosting Breloom's already massive Attack and its mediocre Defense to high levels, which enables Breloom to survive moves like Choice Band Terrakion's Close Combat, Mamoswine's Ice Shard, and Scizor's Bullet Punch, preventing them from revenge killing the mushroom Pokemon. Spore is quite useful, especially with the mechanics in BW, and essentially disables one of your opponent's Pokemon. Seed Bomb is Breloom's most powerful Attack, and it hits bulky Water-types such as Rotom-W, Politoed, Quagsire, and Gastrodon extremely hard. Drain Punch, when used in conjunction with Poison Heal, recovers Breloom's health, making it even harder to take down, and still decimates threats such as Tyranitar, Blissey, and Ferrothorn. Breloom easily defeats various Volt-Turn strategies which is always a bonus. This is a much better stall breaking mon which could potentially be a huge threat for your opponent with entry hazards up. This set doesn't loses any critical opportunities unlike your previous set, making it easier for your foe to break through and scare Breloom with SE attack. Other than that, brilliant team. Good Luck!

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
- Bulk Up
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
I'll try to also answer to NWO/olympus at the same time. Starmie looks like an interresting option but as i said again, Alakazam is really the MVP of this team as evertything is made to have an easy sweap with it. EH aren't really a problems as 3 are immuned to spikes and one recover's himself with poison heal and recover eventually the others with support of leech seed.

Now, concerning the BU Breloom, yeah it's quiete interresting but again the defensive breloom was used to lure celebi/reuniclus alowing to trap them directly ( by the sub). Breloom is more used here as a support allowing gliscor not to switch in that easily without getting leech seeded. He also provides great support to skarmory which will be sometimes in lack of hp. Finally, leech seeding get's my oppenement to switch quiete a lot of time and allow's me then to abuse EH damages. In fact, i just don't see what real benefits the BU breloom would provide here in the case of this team.

Also, NWO, it's clear that psycho shift is used to work once but at the same occasion, it equals to KO this pokemon ( a burned zor/ttar can't do many things anymore) and it seems clear that once of these are burned, latias won't be anymore my switch in anymore to scald attacks, it would rather be breloom OR i can lure the psycho shift again and go direcylt to calm mind and try to set up.

Otherwise, hoped, i expressed myself good and thx for the rates !

Hey there.

Volt-Turn cores and Taunt + SD Gliscor are both major threats to your team. Volt-Turn cores are a problem because nothing on your team besides Breloom can actually take on both of them; Breloom can't even do anything to Scizor if it has already Spored something else anyway. Taunt + SD Gliscor is also a major threat, as nothing on your team besides Alakazam has a chance against it. To fix this problem, I suggest that you replace Breloom with another bulky Grass-type: Celebi. Celebi can also pose as a threat to stall teams, especially after Tyranitar takes out threats such as Latios / Latias. Celebi also can retain Breloom's role of being a status absorber alongside Latias, as Natural Cure will get rid of the status.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Speed
Modest nature
-Hidden Power Fire
-Giga Drain
-Nasty Plot
-Recover

Nasty Plot Celebi can be a major threat to stall teams, as mentioned earlier, and Hidden Power Fire can decimate Scizor. Celebi can still take hits quite easily, restoring HP like no tomorrow with Recover + Giga Drain. Celebi also outruns standard SD Gliscor, and can easily defeat it with Nasty Plot + Giga Drain.

Solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
Hey there.

Volt-Turn cores and Taunt + SD Gliscor are both major threats to your team. Volt-Turn cores are a problem because nothing on your team besides Breloom can actually take on both of them; Breloom can't even do anything to Scizor if it has already Spored something else anyway. Taunt + SD Gliscor is also a major threat, as nothing on your team besides Alakazam has a chance against it. To fix this problem, I suggest that you replace Breloom with another bulky Grass-type: Celebi. Celebi can also pose as a threat to stall teams, especially after Tyranitar takes out threats such as Latios / Latias. Celebi also can retain Breloom's role of being a status absorber alongside Latias, as Natural Cure will get rid of the status.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Speed
Modest nature
-Hidden Power Fire
-Giga Drain
-Nasty Plot
-Recover

Nasty Plot Celebi can be a major threat to stall teams, as mentioned earlier, and Hidden Power Fire can decimate Scizor. Celebi can still take hits quite easily, restoring HP like no tomorrow with Recover + Giga Drain. Celebi also outruns standard SD Gliscor, and can easily defeat it with Nasty Plot + Giga Drain.

Solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!
Hey, thx for the rate but i really disagree with the fact that i'm weak to volt urn teams as this team was also made to counter them pretty hard. In fact, volt urns teams are my favorites mach-ups, breloom having any difficulties to spore right at the beginning and latias/skarmory, rocky helmet with eh support doing the rest.
Taunt glister are ennoying even though 90% of them are nom subtonic or offensive (acrobatic..). I'll just try to leech him in the switch in but even though, he can't touch skarmory.
The celebi idea looks nice even though i'm not fan, but i'll try it around, thx for the rate man.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Interesting team, Nelson-X.

To better deal with your Volcarona problem, I suggest replacing Breloom with Terrakion. With sandstorm raising its special defense, Terrakion can easily switch into Volcarona and force the opponent on the defensive. Since this adds another Dugtrio-weak mon, Terrakion may hold an Air Balloon. Not only does Terrakion offer your team additional coverage to Volcarona, it provides fast and powerful wall-breaking offense that this team could use in tandem with Spikes.

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
~ Close Combat
~ Stone Edge
~ Swords Dance
~ Rock Polish / Rock Slide / Substitute

Swords Dance Terrakion to take advantage of Sand and presence of Volcarona. The last moveslot is up to preference. Rock Polish can come in handy on an offensive team; Rock Slide provides a haxier / more accurate alternative than Stone Edge; Substitute offers protection from status and revenge killers.

As for your weakness to Fighting-types, there are 2 things that could be done. Most importantly, attach Leftovers on Skarmory. This team does a good job at racking up residual damage with sand damage and SR + Spikes; there's no need to hamper Skarmory's ability to take physical hits with Rocky Helmet imo. The next option is to add Reflect on Latias over Psycho Shift. This would allow Latias to shrug off U-turns from Mienshao, and between Skarmory and Latias, Terrakion should be well-covered. Reflect can also help TTar and Heatran survive EQ / Reversal from Dugtrio.

By losing Breloom and Psycho Shift, you do lose the capability of absorbing burns, poison, and paralysis. An alternative choice is to replace Latias for physically bulky Celebi. Celebi essentially provides the same resistances as Latias, except for being weak to Fire, for which you have plenty of resists already. Natural Cure allows it to rinse off any Scald burns or Toxic poison it may inflict. Although it is 4x weak to Bug, you have Skarmory to easily sponge U-turns, and Celebi can KO Scizor with HP Fire after some residual damage. More importantly, it has the useful Fighting- and Water-type resists like Latias. Celebi can also make use of Leech Seed, similarly to Breloom, to rack up residual damage. Celebi essentially combines the role of Latias and Breloom into one.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
~ Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
~ Hidden Power Fire
~ Recover
~ Leech Seed / U-turn

This Celebi would ease the load on your Skarmory by being able to tank physical hits. It combines Breloom and Latias role by being able to take Water, Fighting, Electric, and Ground moves while racking residual damage with Leech Seed / U-turn. Thunder Wave is also an option to paralyze Celebi, Virizion, Dragonite, etc that may prove problematic. Leaf Storm OHKOs Terrakion after a special fall from Close Combat.

Hope you continue to have success with this team, Neson-X :)

Taunt + SD Gliscor can be played around with Skarm + Alakazam, and Celebi is weaker to Volturn chain than Breloom. I wanted to gratz you again for this great team bro, just keep it up !

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
Interesting team, Nelson-X.

To better deal with your Volcarona problem, I suggest replacing Breloom with Terrakion. With sandstorm raising its special defense, Terrakion can easily switch into Volcarona and force the opponent on the defensive. Since this adds another Dugtrio-weak mon, Terrakion may hold an Air Balloon. Not only does Terrakion offer your team additional coverage to Volcarona, it provides fast and powerful wall-breaking offense that this team could use in tandem with Spikes.

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
~ Close Combat
~ Stone Edge
~ Swords Dance
~ Rock Polish / Rock Slide / Substitute

Swords Dance Terrakion to take advantage of Sand and presence of Volcarona. The last moveslot is up to preference. Rock Polish can come in handy on an offensive team; Rock Slide provides a haxier / more accurate alternative than Stone Edge; Substitute offers protection from status and revenge killers.

As for your weakness to Fighting-types, there are 2 things that could be done. Most importantly, attach Leftovers on Skarmory. This team does a good job at racking up residual damage with sand damage and SR + Spikes; there's no need to hamper Skarmory's ability to take physical hits with Rocky Helmet imo. The next option is to add Reflect on Latias over Psycho Shift. This would allow Latias to shrug off U-turns from Mienshao, and between Skarmory and Latias, Terrakion should be well-covered. Reflect can also help TTar and Heatran survive EQ / Reversal from Dugtrio.

By losing Breloom and Psycho Shift, you do lose the capability of absorbing burns, poison, and paralysis. An alternative choice is to replace Latias for physically bulky Celebi. Celebi essentially provides the same resistances as Latias, except for being weak to Fire, for which you have plenty of resists already. Natural Cure allows it to rinse off any Scald burns or Toxic poison it may inflict. Although it is 4x weak to Bug, you have Skarmory to easily sponge U-turns, and Celebi can KO Scizor with HP Fire after some residual damage. More importantly, it has the useful Fighting- and Water-type resists like Latias. Celebi can also make use of Leech Seed, similarly to Breloom, to rack up residual damage. Celebi essentially combines the role of Latias and Breloom into one.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
~ Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
~ Hidden Power Fire
~ Recover
~ Leech Seed / U-turn

This Celebi would ease the load on your Skarmory by being able to tank physical hits. It combines Breloom and Latias role by being able to take Water, Fighting, Electric, and Ground moves while racking residual damage with Leech Seed / U-turn. Thunder Wave is also an option to paralyze Celebi, Virizion, Dragonite, etc that may prove problematic. Leaf Storm OHKOs Terrakion after a special fall from Close Combat.

Hope you continue to have success with this team, Neson-X :)
Yeah, thx man but as mynsim said, celebi makes me even weaker to volt urns team as i already have any problems with it and he kinds of make a combo with skarmory allowing him to get extra-recovery. As i opted to psycho shift latias for the surprised burn on zor or ttar, your reflect suggestion sounds interesting and i'll be sure to try it out as it can reduce my weakness to mienfao. Thx for the rate !

Yeah, as you said Fighting-types and Volcarona are the main threats. Fighting-types can just spam strong Close Combats / Hi Jump Kicks and nothing on your team can really take it. Alakazam isn't a solid resist obviously and Latias takes quite a lot from either Choice Band-boosted Stone Edge or a strong U-Turn. Skarmory has good physical bulk but it is 2HKOed by both Terrakion's Close Combat and Mienshao's Hi Jump Kick. Revenge killing is an option of course, but Life Orb Mienshao and Choice Band Terrakion still really trouble you.
If Volcarona sets up on Breloom, Skarmory, or Latias, you have a problem. Heatran is the only way of beating a Volcarona, but if Volcarona has Hidden Power Ground Volcarona KOes Heatran adn then you'll have to beat Volcarona through a combination of Life Orb and Sandstorm damage (which takes six turns, more than enough to wreck your team).

This is rather hard to fix though. One thing you could try is trying to fit a defensive Dusclops somewhere on your team. It can take on all of Volcarona, Mienshao, and Terrakion with Toxic / Night Shade / Rest / Sleep Talk, and gives you a reliable sleep absorber. It also, more importantly, gives you a spinblocker which is very helpful considering the amount of hazards you have. With an EV spread of 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD with a Calm nature and an Eviolite as item, Dusclops can take almost any hit. If you were to use this set, it probably fits best over Latias, though it's your choice.

Also, have you considered Protect / Drain Punch / Leech Seed / Spore on Breloom? Protect + Drain Punch has quite some advantages over Substitute + Focus Punch, though obviously it comes with its disadvantages as well. However, currently you are complete Taunt bait without a Substitute up. Focus Punch is a very powerful attack, but not exactly reliable. Drain Punch also gives you another way of healing, adding to Leech Seed and Toxic Heal. Another advantages of Drain Punch is hitting without a Substitute up. For example, if Ferrothorn comes in on a Leech Seed it can just wall you by continously using Gyro Ball. That way, there's no way you can hurt Ferrothorn. Protect is also more reliable at getting Leech Seed damage and Toxic Heal recovery, especially considering how slow Breloom is. Finally, it lets you scout. Will Rotom-W Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, or Trick? That way, you won't end up with a Scarfed Latias or a near dead Tyranitar.

Excellent team, hope I helped somehow.

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
Yeah, as you said Fighting-types and Volcarona are the main threats. Fighting-types can just spam strong Close Combats / Hi Jump Kicks and nothing on your team can really take it. Alakazam isn't a solid resist obviously and Latias takes quite a lot from either Choice Band-boosted Stone Edge or a strong U-Turn. Skarmory has good physical bulk but it is 2HKOed by both Terrakion's Close Combat and Mienshao's Hi Jump Kick. Revenge killing is an option of course, but Life Orb Mienshao and Choice Band Terrakion still really trouble you.
If Volcarona sets up on Breloom, Skarmory, or Latias, you have a problem. Heatran is the only way of beating a Volcarona, but if Volcarona has Hidden Power Ground Volcarona KOes Heatran adn then you'll have to beat Volcarona through a combination of Life Orb and Sandstorm damage (which takes six turns, more than enough to wreck your team).

This is rather hard to fix though. One thing you could try is trying to fit a defensive Dusclops somewhere on your team. It can take on all of Volcarona, Mienshao, and Terrakion with Toxic / Night Shade / Rest / Sleep Talk, and gives you a reliable sleep absorber. It also, more importantly, gives you a spinblocker which is very helpful considering the amount of hazards you have. With an EV spread of 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD with a Calm nature and an Eviolite as item, Dusclops can take almost any hit. If you were to use this set, it probably fits best over Latias, though it's your choice.

Also, have you considered Protect / Drain Punch / Leech Seed / Spore on Breloom? Protect + Drain Punch has quite some advantages over Substitute + Focus Punch, though obviously it comes with its disadvantages as well. However, currently you are complete Taunt bait without a Substitute up. Focus Punch is a very powerful attack, but not exactly reliable. Drain Punch also gives you another way of healing, adding to Leech Seed and Toxic Heal. Another advantages of Drain Punch is hitting without a Substitute up. For example, if Ferrothorn comes in on a Leech Seed it can just wall you by continously using Gyro Ball. That way, there's no way you can hurt Ferrothorn. Protect is also more reliable at getting Leech Seed damage and Toxic Heal recovery, especially considering how slow Breloom is. Finally, it lets you scout. Will Rotom-W Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, or Trick? That way, you won't end up with a Scarfed Latias or a near dead Tyranitar.

Excellent team, hope I helped somehow.

Hi man, thx for the rate !

I've tried your breloom suggestion and it's really awesome and makes it easily to deal with the combo rotom/ttar alowing be to stay in with breloom at round 1.

I didn't try already the dusclops one as it would kind of make me weak to any stab water attack under rain but i'll try it, thx though !

Just want to say when you say you use rocky helmet as somewhat of a shed shell bluff most likely magnezone, if they do have it on their team, is the best switch w or wo magnet pull

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
Rocky helmet goals isn't to bluff a shed shull, let's say it's a secondary effect not bad.

Otherwise, i definitively changed substitute to protect, i'll edit that later and have been using mach punch instead of drain punch mainly to counter cloister as it is really bad ass for the team. I'm not really sure rather i should put some ev in attack or not, i'll cacl this later !

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
As i know you guys give importance to the ladder, i have battled this morning on the ladder with this team and managed to peak #7 ( screen shot on post 1). Only did that to give some more credibility for those who doubted even though i think, it wasn't really necessary. (:

Had some probs while editing, can't find the original english version anymore and don't want to do it again, sorry about that.

Hi Nelson-X, I like the team and it caught my eye- here's my advice.

The main worries I saw weakness wise were strong Fighting-types like Terrakion and Mienshao, powerful water attacks early game and HP Ground Volcarona, and I really liked your combo of a sand team and Charge Beam Alakazam. Seeing that your early game switch-in to water attacks was Latias, I saw a problem. If you don't get burnt by Rotom-W and you end up against CB Tar, you're in a lot of trouble. Specs Politoed forces you to bring it out and offensive rain teams are known to carry CB Scizor. The best pokemon I saw to deal with these threats early game and contribute to your team the most was CM Virizion.

Virizion takes on these attackers easily and threatens the teams they're seen on a lot with its excellent coverage. The things that try to fight against it, mainly Latios, Dragonite, and Scizor, are taken on very well by your team. Latios has trouble avoiding being trapped by Scarftar, Dragonite hates sand, Stealth Rock, and punching Skarmory's Rocky Helmet, while Scizor gets worn down by hazards and Rocky Helmet every time it tries to Bullet Punch or U-turn, making the chain hopeless. Wearing down the latter two is extremely helpful for Alakazam because it gets destroyed by priority if it's not taken care of early. Offensive Volcarona see Virizion as their one set-up chance but get nailed by HP Rock, Mienshao is outrun and hit for heavy damage by Focus Blast, and Blissey (usually stall's only hope) gets beaten by 2 Focus Blasts, opening the door for Alakazam again.

Now that Toxic Spikes are more annoying for your team and bulky waters with Toxic even more so, I would replace Latias with a Starmie. Starmie provides valuable spin support, a good enough Fighting resist early game for CB Terrakion, and a better direct switch-in to Heatran. The rest of the team appreciates this very much while Starmie benefits from them as well. The EVs I give allow it to outrun Terrakion, show fairly good bulk, and survive a +1 Sub DD Gyara Bounce. No Volcarona should 6-0 you because you can spin to activate Skarmory's Sturdy and it doesn't set up anywhere else. I believe at this point all you need to do to improve this team further is make small tweaks- good luck and here's an importable.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SDef / 160 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spd
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Charge Beam
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Edit- Found HP Ice better than Rock because Virizion isn't strong enough to rely on 2x effective for Nite.

Sayonara

don't forget
Hey,

Superpower > Pursuit | Crunch is a change recommended for Tyranitar. It provides good coverage, and it lets you beat CB Terrakion, a huge threat, as T-tar outspeeds it and lands a OHKO. I'll add more to this rate later.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nelson, the main beef I have with your Latias set is that it relies on the OPPONENT to burn Latias, which seems circumstantial. Even if the opponent has a Lava Plume Heatran (who also packs Toxic), a defensive Politoed, a bulky Rotom-W, or a Jellicent, there's no guarantee that Latias will be burned in time to cripple TTar / Scizor. I think the best way to deal with TTar / Scizor CONSISTENTLY is to go with twash's physically defensive Latias with Reflect:

Latias @ Leftovers | Levitate
Bold | 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Reflect
~ Recover
~ Calm Mind / Roar

I've used this set on a spike-stacking team such as yours, and it works wonders. With this defensive spread, CB Scizor's U-turn does <50% after Reflect, allowing Latias to comfortably stay in rather than being forced out and you losing momentum. It singlehandedly breaks Volt-Turn cores, especially with SR & Spikes, by sponging U-turns with ease. Even a CB Crunch from Tyranitar only manages to do 47~56% after Reflect. You lose out in Speed, but you already have ScarfTar and Alakazam for revenge-killing capabilities, and Latias does its job much better this way. Not to mention Reflect provides much more reliable support than PsychoShifting burns that may not even afflict Latias.

Since you don't have a Spinblocker and you rely on Latias to deal with special threats, I would go with Calm Mind > Roar. However, Roar & hazards quickly wears down the opposing team while they can't do much back to Latias. Plz give her a try :)

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
You seem very stubborn when people talk about your Breloom & Skarmory. Anyways I would like to beign with supporting twash's physically defensive Latias with Reflect, considering Turn/Switch teams can ravage your teams since it is becomming common for them to carry a Spinner to get rid of hazards.

Since you doubt the fantastic ability Bulk Up Breloom might offer this team, I would love to suggest an original set for you, based on Tomahawk9´s previous suggestion. With the BU EV´s Breloom takes a lot of hits from the special side making him a fantastic counter to Rotom-W, and most Water-type pokemons. Protect + Leech Seed annoys the opponent and replenishes Breloom´s health like crazy. I don´t really consider Drain Punch necesary since you mentioned that Breloom´s role is to Spore dangerous pokemons and pass some recovery to Skarm. Mach Punch helps you getting priority against Terrakion and weakened Scarf pokemons, and I believe that with the combination of Leech Seed + Protect, you might be able to put most pokemons in the KO range. With Latias´s Reflect, it makes useless to have Def EVs on Breloom and he is better in taking hits from its weaker Sp.Def.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
- Spore
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Mach Punch

Last and not least, definitely use Shed Shell instead of Rocky Helmet on Skarmory. It is an pointless item considering you depend on hazards to take down Turn/Switch cores, and once Skarmory is trapped by Magnezone, Dragon-type pokemons will have a field day against this team.

Please give a try to all of our suggestions, we take the time to test your team and try to point-out its weaknesses. Solid team and I hope this rate helps :).

I tried this team since it looks pretty cool and always liked Latias so gave it a shot.

I will say it is an awesome team. I really enjoy it actually. And Breloom does exactly like you said vs CB Terrakion. I wouldnt change him at all.

Excellent Job on the team and after trying this team, I can see how beastly Alakazam is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)