Hypno(QC 2/2 GP 2/2)

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion

[Overview]

<p>Hypno
's decent 85 / 70 / 115 defenses make it bulky enough to take some strong hits. Hypno's useful abilities, Insomnia and Inner Focus, nicely help it set up Trick Room. It has balanced Attack and Special Attack stats, meaning it could attack from either end of the spectrum. Hypno's Speed stat is somewhat high, but it is low enough to still abuse Trick Room well. One of Hypno's best traits is that no one knows what Hypno does. Hypno is obviously not your standard Pokemon in VGC, and not many people actually know about its abilities and what it's actually capable of.</p>

[SET]
name: Trick Room Tank
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Safeguard / Hypnosis
move 3: Psychic
move 4: Protect / Substitute
item: Lum Berry / Mental Herb
nature: Relaxed
ability: Inner Focus
evs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Hypno is a great Trick Room setter and benefits from it a lot. This is due to the sheer bulk it has with the given EV set. You can use Safeguard to prevent statuses, such as burns, paralysis, and sleep, wreaking havoc for your team. Hypno can also put threats to sleep, with Hypnosis. After all, it is called Hypno for a reason. Psychic is Hypno's main attacking option, as it's its strongest, and most reliable special attacking move. Protect is a staple move on nearly any VGC pokemon, as it allows Hypno to last longer in the battle and thus gives it a greater chance to beat other Pokemon. It can be used to stall, survive, or block pesky Fake Outs. Substitute can be used, if you expect things like Sucker Punch to come your way or if you think your opponent will do anything else that will give you a chance to set up a Substitute.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Lum Berry stops status inducers such as Amoonguss and Breloomfrom disrupting Hypno while it is setting up Trick Room. Mental Herb is also nice to get the easy Trick Room or Safeguard set up without the worry of being Taunted. Relaxed nature minimizes Hypno's Speed, which is the optimal choice when abusing Trick Room, and raises its Defense, allowing it to take hits better from physical attackers. Inner Focus is a great ability for Hypno, as it prevents Hypno from being flinched from the likes of Hitmontop, Infernape, and Hariyama. The EV set lets Hypno easily tank strong special and physical hits. The Special Attack EVs make sure that Hypno can still do some damage once Trick Room is up or once Hypno is Taunted and can't do anything else. The 0 Speed IV makes Hypno as slow as possible, for optimal use under Trick Room, so it can outspeed as many Pokemon as possible.</p>

<p>Hypno likes having Rage Powder / Follow Me support, from Pokemon such as Togekiss or Amoonguss. They help Hypno set up Trick Room and not get hit by some hard hitting moves. Togekiss is an especially good partner, because it can use Follow Me and attract Ghost-type moves aimed for Hypno that won't affect Togekiss. Dark-types are very hard for Hypno to deal with, especially when they're physically offensive such as the common Bisharp and Tyranitar. That's why Fighting-type support, from Hariyama or Hitmontop, would be beneficial. Support from these kinds of Fighting-type Pokemon can not only get rid of Dark types, but they can also provide Fake Out support, which is welcome, since then, Hypno has to deal with one less Pokemon when setting up Trick Room. Common Trick Room abusers, such as Rhyperoir and Snorlax, are excellent teammates because they work with Hypno once Trick Room is set up.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Hypno has many other options it can use. Hypno could abuse Trick very well, using items such as Choice Scarf or Choice Specs to lock the opponent into moves that are less desirable. Flatter is a fine option to attempt messing with physical attackers and confusing them. Swagger works similarly against special attackers. Thief could be another option, especially after you use your item and want to mess with your opponent in any way possible. A physical or special attacking Trick Room abuse set could be used on Hypno, but so many other Pokemon take the role better such as Jellicent or Dusknoir. Hypno can abuse Disable very well to rid the enemy of pesky moves that can hit very hard against Hypno, or moves that your opponent may abuse a lot, such as Protect or Rage Powder / Follow Me.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Gallade makes a decent counter to Hypno, since it can reset Trick Room, hit Hypno pretty hard with Shadow Sneak, and resist some moves Hypno can throw at it. Dark-types, such as Tyranitar and Bisharp, wall Hypno's wall most of Hypno's attacks. Metagross is also hard to deal with, and can hurt Hypno pretty easily with Meteor Mash or Earthquake. Although Hypno can take attacks from Reuniclus, Musharna, and a few other Psychic-types, it has a hard time hitting back. All it can do is either put them to sleep or set up Safeguard for team support.</p>

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Ready for QC. I wrote this late at night, so there maybe a few things messed up. Until then critique, what did I miss, etc. =)

If requested, I can post the calcs I ran to test this stuff.

Biosci

Danger!?
i think hypnosis definitely needs a mention
I made mention of Hypnosis and Inner Focus in OO. Thanks for the look.

Edit: OMG, I derped horribly when writing that Third set. Hypno can't even use rest to heal at all. What the hell was I thinking -_____________-

Anyway, I slashed in Hypnosis in tank set, replaced rest with Substitute, and moved the tank set to be the first set as it seems the most useful imo. Btw, this thing is so similar to Gallade, only difference is Hypno has Hypnosis.

Biosci

Danger!?
what about this? I already used against a rain dance team and defetead it:)
Thunder wave(finish with swift swin and clorophyll)
Role play (why? Use it to copy sand veil or snow cloak or immunity abilities like water absorb and volt absorb)
Taunt(to get taunters..dehh)
Protect/Disable/safeguard

Item : mental herb

The problem about this set is that doesn't have an attacking move, and safeguard with taunt is useless IMO
I'll make mention of Disable and Role Play in OO. I'll mention Taunt in AC of the first set. Role Play could copy some pretty cool abilities and Disable could help so much once Trick Room is up.

Also, I'm gonna take out the attacking sets, Hypno does no good at attacking compared to others like Gallade and Gardevoir(Weak example but still, it is stronger)

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i disagree about role play, its really quite situational....

disable is oo worthy, and hypno isn't fast enough to be taunting anything

Biosci

Danger!?
i disagree about role play, its really quite situational....

disable is oo worthy, and hypno isn't fast enough to be taunting anything
Yeah, after posting that I got to actually start thinking about what Role Play can copy that will help Hypno, there aren't many good abilities it can copy x_x

The reasoning I had for Taunt was, with holding Mental Herb it would be able to take the Taunt(Or maybe Imprison) coming its way and maybe taunt back. But yeah, Hypno would lose so many other cool moves if it did that(And chances are this would nearly never happen). Changes made, yada yada

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I think we're best off sticking to what someone might want to use Hypno for, Insomnia TR.

252 hp / 56 atk / 200 def gives the same defense with about 6% more spdef at the cost of 4% atk, but Hypno probably won't be doing much damage anyway, so its probably worth it. If I don't realize it and the 88 atk is for something specific, 184 hp / 88 atk / 236 def is slightly better (about 1%) in both def and spdef.

Finally I don't know how much Drain Punch does to stuff but I think it might be worth having both it and Zen Headbutt.

Biosci

Danger!?
Yeah I think we're best off sticking to what someone might want to use Hypno for, Insomnia TR.

252 hp / 56 atk / 200 def gives the same defense with about 6% more spdef at the cost of 4% atk, but Hypno probably won't be doing much damage anyway, so its probably worth it. If I don't realize it and the 88 atk is for something specific, 184 hp / 88 atk / 236 def is slightly better (about 1%) in both def and spdef.

Finally I don't know how much Drain Punch does to stuff but I think it might be worth having both it and Zen Headbutt.
Making changes now, yeah the 88 attack was actually left overs from when I ran calcs for the minimum it would take to survive a t-tar crunch, so I'll change the EVs to what you suggested.

Yeah, Drain Punch is only really for the case of you're not running Sitrus Berry and you have no other way to get health back. So I'll move it to AC though as it really doesn't do much to anyone other than Bisharp and t-tar.

[SET]

move 3: Zen Headbutt
item: Mental Herb / Sitrus Berry
ability: Insomnia
evs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
ivs: Spe 0
It should be "0 Spe" instead of "Spe 0". Interesting analysis choice, good job.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm sort of questioning why you went physical here, sure Zen Headbutt can Flinch which is nice in Trick Room, but Psychic is 10 base power stronger, has 100% accuracy (ZH only has 90%), and can drop Special Defense (Psyshock can also be an option, same power as ZH but doesn't miss). Psychic also is unaffected by Intimidate which is pretty common these days, I really see no reason not to go Special on the main set and mention goodies like Drain Punch/Low Kick in other options as an option to help it beat some Dark types.. That is my main issue with the set. Shadow Ball should be mentioned as well. I want to approve this but I just feel this version of the set is subpar compared to a Special version, especially if the Fighting moves aren't slashed into the main set and are just other options.

I think equal mention needs to be made for a Special version since both have their merits.

QC 2/2

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
remove
add
{comments}

[Overview]

<p>Hypno has decent 85 / 70 / 115 defenses,(comma) making it pretty bulky enough to take some strong hits. Hypno's nice abilities thatuseful abilities, such as Insomnia and Inner Focus, can serve nicely to help it set up Trick Room such as Insomnia and Inner Focus. It has even Attack and Special Attack stats, meaning it could really attack from either end of the spectrum. Hypno's Speed stat is somewhat high, but low enough so that it can still pull off TR abuse nicely. One of the best things about Hypno,(comma) is that no one knows what Hypno does. Hypno is obviously not your standard Pokemon to see in VGC and not many people actually knows about it's abilities and what it's actually capable of.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Hypno is a great setter of Trick Room,(comma) and benefits from it a lot. It makes for a good setter of Trick RoomThis is due to the sheer bulk it has with the given EV set. This slot is for team support. You can use Safeguard to prevent annoying things likestatuses, such as Burns, paralysis, and sleep,(comma) wrecaking havoc for your team. Hypno can also use the option of putting, whatever may be aput threats to your team, ato sleep,(comma) with Hypnosis. It is Hypno after all, it's in the name. Psychic is Hypno's main attacking option, as it's hiits strongest,(comma) and most reliable special attacking move. Protect is a staple move in nearly any VGC pokemon, as it can do so much to survive and win, like beingallows Hypno to last longer in the battle and thus give it a greater chance to beat other Pokemon. It can be used to stall, survive, or block pesky Fake Outs. Substitute can be used,(comma) if you expect things like Sucker Punch to come your way or if you think your opponent will do any other kinds of thingsthing else that will give you a chance to set up a Substitute.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Lum Berry stops sleep inducers, likesuch as Amoonguss and Breloom, or other status inducers,(comma) from doing anything to disrupt Hypno's setup of Trick Room. Mental Herb is also nice to get the easy Trick rRoom or Safeguard set up without the worry of being taunted. Relaxed nature gives you lower speed, which is the optimal choice when abusing Trick Room, and higher physical defense making it so you canallowing it to take hits better from physical attackers. Inner Focus is a great ability for Hypno,(comma) as it prevents Hypno from being flinched out from Pokemon like Hitmontop, Infernape, or Hariyama. The EV set on Hypno lets it easily tank strong special and physical hits. The Special Attack EVs make sure that Hypno can still do some damage once Trick Room is up or is taunted and can't do anything else. The Speed IV of 0 makes Hypno as slow as possible,(comma) for optimal use inunder Trick Room,(comma) so it can outspeed as many Pokemon as possible.</p>

<p>Hypno likes having a Rage Powder / Follow Me support, from Pokemon likesuch as Togekiss or Amoonguss,(comma) helps. They Hypno to set up Trick Room and not get hit by some hard hitting moves. Togekiss is an especially is a good partner,(comma) because it can use Follow Me and drag in Ghost-type moves that won't affect Togekiss. Dark-types are very hard for Hypno to deal with, especially when they're physically offensive,(comma) like the common Bisharp and Tyranitar. That's why Fighting-type support, from say Hariyama or Hitmontop, would be nicebeneficial. Support from these kinds of Fighting-type Pokemon can not only be to get rid of Dark types, but they can also provide Fake Out support. Which is welcome,(comma) soince then, Hypno has to deal with one less Pokemon when setting up Trick Room. Common Trick Room abusers, likesuch as Rhyperoir and Snorlax, are excellent teammates for the fact thatbecause they work with Hypno once Trick Room is set up.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Hypno has many other options ist can use. Hypno could abuse Trick very well, as it can use items likesuch as Choice Scarf or Choice Specs to lock the opponent into moves that are less desirable moves. Flatter is a fine option to attempt at messing with physical attackers and confuseing them. Same could go for Swagger, but with Special attackers for preference. Thief could be another option, especially after you use your item up and want to mess with your opponent in any way possible. A physical or special attacking Trick Room abuse set could be used on Hypno, buthoweever, so many other Pokemon take the role better. {name a few examples} Disable is a useful move that Hypno can abuse very well to rid the enemy of pesky moves that can be hit very hard against youHypno,(comma) or moves that your opponent may abuse a lot, likesuch as Protect or Rage Powder / Follow Me.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Gallade makes a decent counter to Hypno, seeing as howince it can reset Trick Room, hit Hypno pretty hard with Shadow Sneak, and resist some moves Hypno can throw at it. Dark-types, likesuch as Tyranitar and Bisharp, work well at walling Hypno's attacking ability for the most part. Metagross is hard to deal with,(comma) and can land some killer blows to Hypno pretty easily.{name a few of these moves} Although Hypno can take attacks from Reuniclus, Musharna, and a few other Psychic-types, heit has a hard time hitting back at them offensively. Best heit can do is either put them to sleep or setting up Safeguard for team support.</p>
[Overview]

<p>Hypno has decent 85 / 70 / 115 defenses, making it bulky enough to take some strong hits. Hypno's useful abilities, such as Insomnia and Inner Focus, can serve nicely to help it set up Trick Room. It has even Attack and Special Attack stats, meaning it could attack from either end of the spectrum. Hypno's Speed stat is somewhat high, but low enough that it can still pull off TR abuse nicely. One of the best things about Hypno, is that no one knows what Hypno does. Hypno is obviously not your standard Pokemon in VGC and not many people actually know about its abilities and what it's actually capable of.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Hypno is a great setter of Trick Room, and benefits from it a lot. This is due to the sheer bulk it has with the given EV set. You can use Safeguard to prevent statuses, such as Burns, paralysis, and sleep, wreaking havoc for your team. Hypno can also put threats to your team, to sleep, with Hypnosis. It is Hypno after all, it's in the name. Psychic is Hypno's main attacking option, as it's its strongest, and most reliable special attacking move. Protect is a staple move in nearly any VGC pokemon, as it allows Hypno to last longer in the battle and thus give it a greater chance to beat other Pokemon. It can be used to stall, survive, or block pesky Fake Outs. Substitute can be used, if you expect things like Sucker Punch to come your way or if you think your opponent will do anything else that will give you a chance to set up a Substitute.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Lum Berry stops sleep inducers, such as Amoonguss and Breloom, or other status inducers, from doing anything to disrupt Hypno's setup of Trick Room. Mental Herb is also nice to get the easy Trick Room or Safeguard set up without the worry of being taunted. Relaxed nature gives you lower speed, which is the optimal choice when abusing Trick Room, and higher physical defense allowing it to take hits better from physical attackers. Inner Focus is a great ability for Hypno, as it prevents Hypno from being flinched out from Pokemon like Hitmontop, Infernape, or Hariyama. The EV set on Hypno lets it easily tank strong special and physical hits. The Special Attack EVs make sure that Hypno can still do some damage once Trick Room is up or is taunted and can't do anything else. The Speed IV of 0 makes Hypno as slow as possible, for optimal use under Trick Room, so it can outspeed as many Pokemon as possible.</p>

<p>Hypno likes having a Rage Powder / Follow Me support, from Pokemon such as Togekiss or Amoonguss. They Hypno set up Trick Room and not get hit by some hard hitting moves. Togekiss is an especially good partner, because it can use Follow Me and drag in Ghost-type moves that won't affect Togekiss. Dark-types are very hard for Hypno to deal with, especially when they're physically offensive, like the common Bisharp and Tyranitar. That's why Fighting-type support, from say Hariyama or Hitmontop, would be beneficial. Support from these kinds of Fighting-type Pokemon can not only be to get rid of Dark types, but they can also provide Fake Out support. Which is welcome, since then, Hypno has to deal with one less Pokemon when setting up Trick Room. Common Trick Room abusers, such as Rhyperoir and Snorlax, are excellent teammates because they work with Hypno once Trick Room is set up.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Hypno has many other options it can use. Hypno could abuse Trick very well, as it can use items such as Choice Scarf or Choice Specs to lock the opponent into moves that are less desirable. Flatter is a fine option to attempt messing with physical attackers and confuseing them. Same could go for Swagger, but with Special attackers for preference. Thief could be another option, especially after you use your item and want to mess with your opponent in any way possible. A physical or special attacking Trick Room abuse set could be used on Hypno, howeever, so many other Pokemon take the role better. Disable is a useful move that Hypno can abuse very well to rid the enemy of pesky moves that can be hit very hard against Hypno, or moves that your opponent may abuse a lot, such as Protect or Rage Powder / Follow Me.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Gallade makes a decent counter to Hypno, since it can reset Trick Room, hit Hypno pretty hard with Shadow Sneak, and resist some moves Hypno can throw at it. Dark-types, such as Tyranitar and Bisharp, work well at walling Hypno's attacking ability for the most part. Metagross is hard to deal with, and can land some killer blows to Hypno pretty easily. Although Hypno can take attacks from Reuniclus, Musharna, and a few other Psychic-types, it has a hard time hitting back at them offensively. Best it can do is either put them to sleep or set up Safeguard for team support.</p>

GP 1/2

Biosci

Danger!?
remove
add
{comments}

[Overview]

<p>Hypno has decent 85 / 70 / 115 defenses, making it bulky enough to take some strong hits. Hypno's useful abilities, such as Insomnia and Inner Focus, can serve nicely to help it set up Trick Room. It has even Attack and Special Attack stats, meaning it could attack from either end of the spectrum. Hypno's Speed stat is somewhat high, but low enough that it can still pull off TR abuse nicely. One of the best things about Hypno, is that no one knows what Hypno does. Hypno is obviously not your standard Pokemon in VGC and not many people actually know about its abilities and what it's actually capable of.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Hypno is a great setter of Trick Room, and benefits from it a lot. This is due to the sheer bulk it has with the given EV set. You can use Safeguard to prevent statuses, such as Burns, paralysis, and sleep, wreaking havoc for your team. Hypno can also put threats to your team, to sleep, with Hypnosis. It is Hypno after all, it's in the name. Psychic is Hypno's main attacking option, as it's its strongest, and most reliable special attacking move. Protect is a staple move in nearly any VGC pokemon, as it allows Hypno to last longer in the battle and thus give it a greater chance to beat other Pokemon. It can be used to stall, survive, or block pesky Fake Outs. Substitute can be used, if you expect things like Sucker Punch to come your way or if you think your opponent will do anything else that will give you a chance to set up a Substitute.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Lum Berry stops sleep inducers, such as Amoonguss and Breloom, or other status inducers, from doing anything to disrupt Hypno's setup of Trick Room. Mental Herb is also nice to get the easy Trick Room or Safeguard set up without the worry of being taunted. Relaxed nature gives you lower speed, which is the optimal choice when abusing Trick Room, and higher physical defense allowing it to take hits better from physical attackers. Inner Focus is a great ability for Hypno, as it prevents Hypno from being flinched out from Pokemon like Hitmontop, Infernape, or Hariyama. The EV set on Hypno lets it easily tank strong special and physical hits. The Special Attack EVs make sure that Hypno can still do some damage once Trick Room is up or is taunted and can't do anything else. The Speed IV of 0 makes Hypno as slow as possible, for optimal use under Trick Room, so it can outspeed as many Pokemon as possible.</p>

<p>Hypno likes having a Rage Powder / Follow Me support, from Pokemon such as Togekiss or Amoonguss. They Hypno set up Trick Room and not get hit by some hard hitting moves. Togekiss is an especially good partner, because it can use Follow Me and drag in Ghost-type moves that won't affect Togekiss. Dark-types are very hard for Hypno to deal with, especially when they're physically offensive, like the common Bisharp and Tyranitar. That's why Fighting-type support, from say Hariyama or Hitmontop, would be beneficial. Support from these kinds of Fighting-type Pokemon can not only be to get rid of Dark types, but they can also provide Fake Out support. Which is welcome, since then, Hypno has to deal with one less Pokemon when setting up Trick Room. Common Trick Room abusers, such as Rhyperoir and Snorlax, are excellent teammates because they work with Hypno once Trick Room is set up.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Hypno has many other options it can use. Hypno could abuse Trick very well, as it can use items such as Choice Scarf or Choice Specs to lock the opponent into moves that are less desirable. Flatter is a fine option to attempt messing with physical attackers and confuseing them. Same could go for Swagger, but with Special attackers for preference. Thief could be another option, especially after you use your item and want to mess with your opponent in any way possible. A physical or special attacking Trick Room abuse set could be used on Hypno, howeever, so many other Pokemon take the role better. Disable is a useful move that Hypno can abuse very well to rid the enemy of pesky moves that can be hit very hard against Hypno, or moves that your opponent may abuse a lot, such as Protect or Rage Powder / Follow Me.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Gallade makes a decent counter to Hypno, since it can reset Trick Room, hit Hypno pretty hard with Shadow Sneak, and resist some moves Hypno can throw at it. Dark-types, such as Tyranitar and Bisharp, work well at walling Hypno's attacking ability for the most part. Metagross is hard to deal with, and can land some killer blows to Hypno pretty easily. Although Hypno can take attacks from Reuniclus, Musharna, and a few other Psychic-types, it has a hard time hitting back at them offensively. Best it can do is either put them to sleep or set up Safeguard for team support.</p>

GP 1/2
I noticed a few words were misspelled, but I think I fixed them.

Thanks for the check and <3 Copypastables

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
add/replace with
remove
comments

[Overview]

<p>Hypno's decent 85 / 70 / 115 defenses make it bulky enough to take some strong hits. Hypno's useful abilities, such as Insomnia and Inner Focus, can serve nicely to help it set up Trick Room. It has balanced Attack and Special Attack stats, meaning it could attack from either end of the spectrum. Hypno's Speed stat is somewhat high, but it is low enough to still abuse Trick Room well. One of Hypno's best traits is that no one knows what Hypno does. Hypno is obviously not your standard Pokemon in VGC, and not many people actually know about its abilities and what it's actually capable of.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Hypno is a great Trick Room setter and benefits from it a lot. This is due to the sheer bulk it has with the given EV set. You can use Safeguard to prevent statuses, such as burns, paralysis, and sleep, wreaking havoc for your team. Hypno can also put threats to your team, to sleep, with Hypnosis. After all, it is called Hypno for a reason. Psychic is Hypno's main attacking option, as it's its strongest, and most reliable special attacking move. Protect is a staple move on nearly any VGC pokemon, as it allows Hypno to last longer in the battle and thus gives it a greater chance to beat other Pokemon. It can be used to stall, survive, or block pesky Fake Outs. Substitute can be used, if you expect things like Sucker Punch to come your way or if you think your opponent will do anything else that will give you a chance to set up a Substitute.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Lum Berry stops status inducers sleep inducers, such as Amoonguss and Breloom, or other status inducers, from doing anything to disrupting Hypno while it is setting up Trick Room. Mental Herb is also nice to get the easy Trick Room or Safeguard set up without the worry of being Taunted. Relaxed nature minimizes Hypno's Speed, which is the optimal choice when abusing Trick Room, and raises its Defense, allowing it to take hits better from physical attackers. Inner Focus is a great ability for Hypno, as it prevents Hypno from being flinched out from the likes of Hitmontop, Infernape, and Hariyama. The EV set on Hypno lets Hypno easily tank strong special and physical hits. The Special Attack EVs make sure that Hypno can still do some damage once Trick Room is up or once Hypno is Taunted and can't do anything else. The 0 Speed IV of 0 makes Hypno as slow as possible, for optimal use under Trick Room, so it can outspeed as many Pokemon as possible.</p>

<p>Hypno likes having a Rage Powder / Follow Me support, from Pokemon such as Togekiss or Amoonguss. They help Hypno set up Trick Room and not get hit by some hard hitting moves. Togekiss is an especially good partner, because it can use Follow Me and attract Ghost-type moves aimed for Hypno that won't affect Togekiss. Dark-types are very hard for Hypno to deal with, especially when they're physically offensive such as the common Bisharp and Tyranitar. That's why Fighting-type support, from say Hariyama or Hitmontop, would be beneficial. Support from these kinds of Fighting-type Pokemon can not only be to get rid of Dark types, but they can also provide Fake Out support, which is welcome, since then, Hypno has to deal with one less Pokemon when setting up Trick Room. Common Trick Room abusers, such as Rhyperoir and Snorlax, are excellent teammates because they work with Hypno once Trick Room is set up.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Hypno has many other options it can use. Hypno could abuse Trick very well, using items such as Choice Scarf or Choice Specs to lock the opponent into moves that are less desirable. Flatter is a fine option to attempt messing with physical attackers and confusing them. Swagger works similarly against special attackers. Thief could be another option, especially after you use your item and want to mess with your opponent in any way possible. A physical or special attacking Trick Room abuse set could be used on Hypno, but so many other Pokemon take the role better such as Jellicent or Dusknoir. Disable is a useful move that Hypno can abuse Disable very well to rid the enemy of pesky moves that can be hit very hard against Hypno, or moves that your opponent may abuse a lot, such as Protect or Rage Powder / Follow Me.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Gallade makes a decent counter to Hypno, since it can reset Trick Room, hit Hypno pretty hard with Shadow Sneak, and resist some moves Hypno can throw at it. Dark-types, such as Tyranitar and Bisharp, work well at walling Hypno's wall most of Hypno's attacks. Metagross is also hard to deal with, and can hurt Hypno pretty easily with Meteor Mash or Earthquake. Although Hypno can take attacks from Reuniclus, Musharna, and a few other Psychic-types, it has a hard time hitting back at them offensively. All it can do is either put them to sleep or set up Safeguard for team support.</p>

GP Approved (2/2)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)