Jynx

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus

[Overview]

<p>Although she works full-time in NU, Jynx will occasionally do some casual RU on the side. In RU, her high Speed, excellent offensive typing, Dry Skin ability, and access to Nasty Plot and Lovely Kiss make her a Pokemon to watch out for. Jynx is faster than a slew of RU Pokemon, including Lilligant, Gallade, and Braviary, which allows her to incapacitate many foes with a quick Lovely Kiss. Thanks to her Dry Skin ability, Jynx can set up on most bulky Water-types, such as Slowking and Lanturn. Unfortunately, entry hazards and priority are rife in RU, and this can hold her back. Jynx is also vulnerable to physical attacks, as her Defense stat isn't just low, it's absolutely horrendous. However, Jynx is a notorious threat that cannot be handled lightly, and with the proper team support, she can blow opposing teams to kingdom come.</p>

[SET]
name: Substitute + Nasty Plot
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Nasty Plot
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Lovely Kiss
item: Leftovers
ability: Dry Skin
nature: Timid
evs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is by far Jynx's most popular and lethal set. Jynx can get a Substitute up fairly easily, as she can force switches with the threat of Lovely Kiss or Ice Beam. Behind a Substitute, she can use Lovely Kiss in complete safety, or start boosting with Nasty Plot. Ice-type attacks have good coverage in RU, and resistances won't matter once she reaches +4 Special Attack; Slowking, Miltank, and Lanturn are all 2HKOed by Ice Beam with Stealth Rock support. Dry Skin is an amazing ability that allows Jynx to wall and set up on bulky Water-types, such as Slowking, Alomomola, and Quagsire. The healing factor can also offset Stealth Rock damage, which means that she can switch into a Water-type move and effectively take no Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>8 HP EVs maximize the HP gain from Leftovers. Leftovers will slowly restore the HP lost from using Substitute while Jynx sets up, and allows her to use Substitute multiple times without running out of HP. The Timid nature is non-negotiable, as forgoing it would leave Jynx outsped by many common threats, such as Moltres, Medicham, and Sigilyph.</p>

<p>Rock Blast users such as Cinccino and Armaldo—the former of whom is faster than Jynx—can KO her when she is behind her Substitute. They must therefore be dealt with before she attempts a sweep, making Tangela, Claydol, and Magneton recommended partners as they eliminate these threats. A Rapid Spin user can get rid of entry hazards on your side of the field; Claydol and Hitmonchan are both good choices to fill this role. Choice Scarf users, such as Rotom-C, Gallade, and Braviary, can ravage Jynx, so packing checks for these Pokemon can clear the way, allowing her to sweep uninterrupted.</p>

[SET]
name: Special Attacker
move 1: Lovely Kiss
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Psyshock / Psychic
move 4: Nasty Plot / Focus Blast
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Rather than torturing her foes with a long, drawn-out sweep, this Jynx variant gets straight to the point, blasting them away with her powerful attacks. Two STAB moves and Focus Blast for coverage give this set wonderful offensive power, letting her score a neutral hit at worst on nearly every Pokemon in RU. Lovely Kiss is just too good to give up, and this set makes excellent use of it; without Substitute, Jynx struggles with bulky Pokemon that can threaten her, be it with a powerful attack or a status infliction. However, Lovely Kiss allows her to incapacitate these nuisances and dispatch them while they slumber. Psyshock is an excellent move that can deal with special walls such as Munchlax and Lanturn, but Psychic packs higher Base Power and scores a stronger hit on physically bulky Pokemon such as Weezing and Cofagrigus. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The choice of Focus Blast or Nasty Plot is a tough one. Focus Blast is important if you want Jynx to be able to sweep comfortably; without it, she is vulnerable to Pokemon such as Steelix, Sharpedo, Aggron, and Probopass. However, with a Nasty Plot boost, Jynx can OHKO or 2HKO the majority of the RU tier with just Ice Beam and her Psychic-type STAB move of choice. Without Substitute, Jynx is open to opposing priority and status moves.</p>

<p>Alomomola is an excellent teammate, as it can patch up Jynx's weakness to priority moves and provide Wish support to mitigate Stealth Rock damage. Vileplume and Miltank can provide cleric support and have good defensive synergy with Jynx. Rapid Spin is crucial for this Jynx variant, as Life Orb recoil and entry hazard damage can add up alarmingly fast, cutting Jynx's sweep short. Claydol and Hitmonchan are both excellent spinners.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: Psyshock / Psychic
move 3: Lovely Kiss / Energy Ball
move 4: Focus Blast
item: Choice Scarf

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jynx becomes an amazing revenge killer when equipped with Choice Scarf, as she is fast enough to outspeed the entire metagame, and has great coverage with her powerful attacks. A speedy Lovely Kiss is an amazing asset, and Jynx can use it to incapacitate fast threats, including Choice Scarf Rotom-C, Gallade, and Braviary, Shell Smash Gorebyss and Carracosta, as well as Swellow, Cinccino, and Accelgor. Alternatively, Energy Ball is extremely useful for breaking through the Water-types that wall Jynx, such as Alomomola and Quagsire. Psyshock is an excellent STAB move that lets Jynx break through special walls, such as Munchlax and Lanturn, but Psychic has a higher Base Power and deals more damage to foes such as Weezing and Cofagrigus.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>As Jynx will be switching around frequently, you will need to get rid of any entry hazards on your side of the field. A Rapid Spin user, such as Claydol or Hitmonlee, can blow entry hazards away for your team. Jynx can also heal any entry hazard damage taken with her Dry Skin ability, making Pokemon that bait Water-type moves, such as Steelix and Entei, excellent partners. Unfortunately, Shift Gear Klinklang is faster than Jynx, so you might need a Quagsire or Tangela to deal with it. Opposing priority users don't need Speed to check Jynx, and are a serious threat; Cofagrigus and Spiritomb can take on common priority users, such as Entei and Hitmonchan. Both Ghost-types can burn most priority users with Will-O-Wisp, and Qwilfish can check Entei effectively with its Intimidate ability.</p>

[SET]
name: Luna
move 2: Calm Mind
evs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jynx's famous Luna set is back, and just as effective as ever. This set is similar to the Substitute + Nasty Plot one, but takes a more defensive approach. With her Dry Skin ability, Jynx is now more potent than ever before, as the Pokemon that wall her best—bulky Water-types such as Slowking and Lanturn—can't damage her with their STAB moves; they'll actually heal her. Jynx actually has good neutral coverage with Ice Beam, and the Pokemon that resist it—bulky Water-types such as Slowking and Lanturn—can't do anything to her, and are 2HKOed by a +5 Ice Beam. With a Substitute and a few Calm Mind boosts, foes will be hard-pressed to take Jynx down. With just a single Special Defense boost, Choice Scarf Rotom-C will be unable to break Jynx's Substitute with Volt Switch, and Slowking and Lanturn will be powerless to stop her. After four Calm Minds, Modest Life Orb +2 Gorebyss will fail to break Jynx's Substitutes with Hidden Power Grass. Unfortunately, some special attackers are just too powerful; Galvantula will always break Jynx's Substitute with Bug Buzz, even at +6 Special Defense. If the opponent sends in a physical attacker, Jynx can simply disarm it with a quick Lovely Kiss. Ice Beam becomes quite powerful after a few boosts, and can OHKO standard Claydol at +1, Hitmonchan and Cofagrigus at +3, Uxie at +5, and Bulk Up Gallade at +6. Gallade can be difficult to pin down though, and only 3 Calm Minds are needed to 2HKO it (factoring in the Drain Punch recovery gained from breaking Jynx's Substitute).</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The HP EVs contribute to the defensive nature of this set, and the extra bulk they provide makes it harder for foes to break Jynx's Substitutes. A Timid nature is mandatory as Jynx would otherwise be outsped by dangerous foes hovering around base 90 Speed, such as Hitmonlee, Entei, and Rotom.</p>

<p>This set runs fewer Special Attack EVs and boosts more slowly than the Nasty Plot one does, so Jynx's weaker Ice Beams can struggle to damage some bulky Pokemon until she accumulates several Special Attack boosts. Getting rid of Ice-type resistors, such as Miltank, Entei, Cryogonal, and Slowking, can make it much easier for Jynx to set up and sweep. Rapid Spin support is recommended for this set, as Jynx can be worn down extremely quickly by entry hazards and repeated use of Substitute. Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Armaldo can all blow away entry hazards for your team.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>You might have noticed that Trick is missing from the Choice Scarf set. Unfortunately, Jynx learns this move via DPP tutor, making it illegal with her Dream World ability. Dry Skin is integral to her success, and giving it up for Trick really isn't worth it. A Choice Specs set is viable and can surprise foes with its immediate power, but Choice Scarf is the better Choice item because the Speed boost is generally more useful, and a Choice Specs set is much easier to check than the boosting sweeper. Jynx also has access to Taunt, which can be useful for surprising foes and preventing them from inflicting status or setting up on Jynx, but she is extremely frail, and so must use the move carefully.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Jynx's frailty cannot be overemphasized; any physical attack is going to deal grievous damage to, if not outright KO her. Priority users threaten Jynx greatly, and Pokemon such as Entei, Hitmonchan, and Gurdurr are the ones to watch out for. Entei scores a clean OHKO with its Choice Band-boosted ExtremeSpeed, as does Life Orb Hitmonchan with Mach Punch, but Gurdurr will need three Bulk Up boosts to secure the OHKO. Dark-types also give Jynx the shakes, and Honchkrow, Absol, Sharpedo, and Skuntank can all obliterate her with their powerful STAB moves. Spiritomb is noteworthy as it can threaten Jynx with Pursuit, Sucker Punch, and Shadow Sneak, is immune to Psychic and Focus Blast, and is also a powerful spinblocker that makes it quite difficult to blow away entry hazards.</p>

<p>As Jynx frequently uses Substitute, she is vulnerable to multi-hit moves. Pokemon such as Rock Blast Golem, Armaldo, Cinccino, and Bonemerang Marowak can easily KO her regardless of whether she has a Substitute or not. Choice Scarf users can outspeed and KO Jynx; Moltres and Hitmonlee are great choices, as both can hit her super effectively and can tank an Ice Beam. Aerodactyl, Galvantula, and Ninjask don't need a Choice Scarf to outrun Jynx, and can KO her with their STAB moves. Aerodactyl can also Taunt Jynx, preventing her from setting up a Substitute or using Lovely Kiss to put an opponent to sleep.</p>

<p>Slowking resists all of Jynx's attacks except Energy Ball and can paralyze her with Thunder Wave. Miltank resists Ice Beam thanks to her Thick Fat ability, and can threaten Jynx with Body Slam, which deals tremendous damage and has a 30% chance to paralyze her. Munchlax is an absolute nightmare for Jynx to deal with. With its Thick Fat ability, Ice Beam is going to deal less damage than a feather hitting a brick, and Lovely Kiss won't work because Munchlax can just use Sleep Talk, which could call the dreaded Body Slam. Moltres is a huge problem for Jynx as it 4x resists Ice and can KO her with Fire Blast. The firebird can also use U-turn to break Jynx's Substitute, then switch to a priority user, which is an effective way to play around the Substitute + Nasty Plot set. Steel-types such as Magneton and Klinklang resist Jynx's icy onslaughts and have powerful attacks of their own; Klinklang in particular can use the excellent Gear Grind to break Jynx's Substitute and KO her. Bulky Magneton can easily take Jynx's Ice Beam, but must watch out for Focus Blast.</p>

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
I've had some sucess with the following set:

[SET]
move 3: Focus Blast
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

I don't know if it's worth it though. Maybe just an OO mention or a slash for Focus Blast with Nasty Plot on the Nasty Plot set. That would require changing that set's name to "Special Attacker" though, for obvious reasons. Also, the set's order should be "Substitute + Nasty Plot" > "Special Attacker" > "Choice Scarf" > "Subsitute + Calm Mind". I know it's not done yet, but OO should have Mean Lock + Perish Song. CBA in testing it now, but if it's really worth it, then I can write it later. Last, but not least: Does Energy Ball actually hit something or is it being used for the "Stupidest Shit Ever" factor?

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
First two sets should have Life Orb and Choice Scarf as the only items, and the spread should be 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe (to avoid HP divisible by 4). SubNP should use 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe for Leftovers+1.

I like Pearl's idea to change the straight NP set into a more flexible special attacker.

And yeah what's Energy Ball for on Scarf? Omastar, I guess? Mention Trick in AC, and the fact that it's illegal with Dry Skin.

SubNP > Special Attacker > Scarf > Luna

In my opinion, the SubNP set is by far the most dangerous. Despite its mono-attacking coverage, it doesn't even matter after a Nasty Plot boost or two. I would list that set first, but of course, it's up to QC.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
I forgot a little thing: What do you think of calling the second set "Choice" and slashing Choice Specs in it? I know Psychic is a move you wouldn't like being locked into, but Ice Beam, on the other hand, is amazing. That, coupled with Lovely Kiss to lure the resists to it and the fact Jynx won't be able to set up Nasty Plot sometimes and might like to hit hard right of the bat make it a completely legit option.

In my opinion, the SubNP set is by far the most dangerous. Despite its mono-attacking coverage, it doesn't even matter after a Nasty Plot boost or two. I would list that set first, but of course, it's up to QC.
Yep. Trust me, SubNP is without a doubt the most lethal Jynx out there

November Blue

is a Contributor Alumnus
Wow, thanks for all of the replys! Lots ... Just FYI this isn't a skeleton yet, I was tired last night and posted this before I wen to bed, and pulled the sets from the old thread. I'll have a skeleton up soon. But yeah, I agree, SubNP is the best set.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No, the two sets play entirely differently.

EDITing stuff in

item: Life Orb / Leftovers

Should go over the current Nasty Plot set. Leftovers is specifically an option for the two attack variant, could be AC as well.

As Pearl said, set order should be: SubNP > Special Attacker > Scarf > Luna

Personally I would remove Luna, as there is almost no reason to use it over SubNP but that would require other QC approval.

This stuff is seconded by upstart

So make the above changes, and we'll see where you are at. I would suggest putting Luna in Hide tags at present until its fate is decided.

Also, the Scarf set has leftovers as its item...

Do you even need the Luna set? Jynx isnt really bulky enough even with a decent base special defense. The main reason you would use SubCM > SubNP would be to set up on bulky waters, but thanks to dry skin that isn't needed. I can't think of many special attackers you gain a major advantage over with CM, and you sacrifice the power of a +2 ice beam.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Luna's advantage is that it can set up on something like Lanturn, which can normally break Jynx's Subs with Volt Switch or Thunderbolt and doesn't care too much about +2 Ice Beam.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah.

I think the Luna set should stay. It plays differently, its viable and its unique which is a good enough reason.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
Remove Leftovers from the Special Attacker set. I kind of think you should add more stuff, but since I think you should be able to do a good job despite that:

QC APPROVED 1/3

November Blue

is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, thanks.

It looks a little empty because I chose to omit the stuff that would be repeated for every set, makes it a little easier to read. I'll add it all when I write this of course.

[Overview]

<p>Although she works full-time in NU, Jynx will occasionally do some casual RU on the side. In RU, her high Speed, excellent offensive typing, Dry Skin ability, and access to Nasty Plot and Lovely Kiss make her a Pokemon to watch out for. Jynx is faster than a slew of RU Pokemon, including Lilligant, Gallade, and Braviary, which allows her to incapacitate many foes with a quick Lovely Kiss. Thanks to her Dry Skin ability, Jynx can set up on most bulky Water-types, such as Slowking and Lanturn. Unfortunately, entry hazards and priority are rife in RU, and this can hold her back. Jynx is also vulnerable to physical attacks;, as her Defense stat isn't just low, it's absolutely horrendous. However, Jynx is a notorious threat that cannot be handled lightly, and with the proper team support, she can blow opposing teams to kingdom come.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is by far Jynx's most infamous <use a different word here> and lethal set. Jynx can get a Substitute up fairly easily, as she can force switches with the threat of a Lovely Kiss or Ice Beam. Behind a Substitute, she can use Lovely Kiss in complete safety, or start boosting with Nasty Plot. Mono-Ice coverage is quite goodIce-type attacks have good coverage in RU, and resistances won't matter once she reaches +4 Special Attack; Slowking, Miltank, and Lanturn are all 2HKOed by Ice Beam with Stealth Rock support. Dry Skin is an amazing ability, and that allows Jynx to wall and set up on bulky Water-types, such as Slowking, Alomomola, and Quagsire. The healing factor can also offset Stealth Rock damage, which means that she can switch into a Water-type move and effectively take no Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>8 HP EVs maximize the HP gain from Leftovers. Leftovers will slowly restore the HP lost from using Substitute while Jynx sets up, and allows her to use Substitute multiple times without running out of HP. The Timid nature is non-negotiable, as Jynx would beforgoing it would leave Jynx outsped by many common threats without it, such as Moltres, Medicham, and Sigilyph. </p>

<p>
Rock Blast users, such as Cinccino and Armaldo, can KO Jynx from behind her Substitute, and must be dealt with before she attempts a sweep, especially Cinccino, who is faster than the ice queen.—the former of whom is faster than Jynx—can KO her from behind her Substitute. They must therefore be dealt with before she attempts a sweep, making Tangela, Claydol, orand Magneton can be used torecommended partners as they eliminate these threats. A Rapid Spin user can get rid of entry hazards on your side of the field, and Claydol, Hitmonchan, or Blastoise are all good choices to fill this role. Choice Scarf users, such as Rotom-C, Gallade, and Braviary, can ravage Jynx, so packing checks for these Pokemon can clear the way, allowing her to sweep uninterrupted.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Rather than torturing her foes with a long, drawn -out sweep, this Jynx variant gets straight to the point, blasting them away with her powerful attacks. DoubleTwo STAB moves and Focus Blast for coverage give this set wonderful offensive power, andletting her scores a neutral hit at worst on nearly every Pokemon in RU. Lovely Kiss is just too good to give up, and this set makes excellent use of it; without Substitute, Jynx struggles with bulky Pokemon that can threaten her, be it with a powerful attack or a status infliction. However, Lovely Kiss allows her to incapacitate these nuisances and dispatch them while they slumber. Psyshock is an excellent move that can deal with special walls, such as Munchlax and Lanturn, but Psychic's Base Power is high packs higher Base Power and it scores a stronger hit on physically bulky Pokemon such as Weezing and Cofagrigus. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The choice of Focus Blast or Nasty Plot is a tough one. Focus Blast is important if you want Jynx to be able to sweep comfortably, as; without it, she is vulnerable to Pokemon such as Steelix, Sharpedo, Aggron, and Probopass. However, with a Nasty Plot boost, Jynx can OHKO or 2HKO the majority of the RU tier with just Ice Beam and ther Psychic-type STAB move of choice. Without Substitute, Jynx is open to opposing priority and status infliction. moves.</p>

<p>
Alomomola is an excellent teammate, as it can patch up Jynx's priority weaknesweakness to priority moves and provide Wish support to mitigate Stealth Rock damage. Vileplume and Miltank can provide Aromatherapy and Heal Bell support, respectively,cleric support and have good defensive synergy with Jynx. Rapid Spin is crucial for this Jynx variant, as Life Orb recoil and entry hazard damage can add up alarmingly fast, cutting Jynx's sweep short. Claydol and Hitmonchan are both excellent choicespinners. </p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jynx becomes an amazing revenge killer when equipped with Choice Scarf. S, as she is fast enough to outspeed the entire metagame, and has great coverage with her powerful attacks. A speedy Lovely Kiss is an amazing asset, and Jynx can use it to incapacitate fast threats, including Choice Scarf Rotom-C, Gallade, and Braviary, Shell Smash Gorebyss and Carracosta, ands well as Swellow, Cinccino, and Accelgor. Alternatively, Energy Ball however, is extremely useful for breaking through the Water-types that wall Jynx, such as Alomomola and Quagsire. Psyshock is an excellent STAB move that prevents Jynx from being walled bylets Jynx break through special walls, such as Munchlax and Lanturn, but Psychic has a higher Base Power and deals more damage to foes such as Weezing and Cofagrigus.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>As Jynx will be switching around frequently, you will need to get rid of any entry hazards on your side of the field. A Rapid Spin user, such as Claydol or Hitmonlee, can blow entry hazards away for your team. Jynx can also heal any entry hazard damage taken by abusingwith her Dry Skin ability; using teammates to bait Water-type moves for her to switch into can sustain Jynx if you cannot use Rapid Spin for whatever reason, making Pokemon that bait Water-type moves, such as <who?>, excellent partners. Unfortunately, Shift Gear Klinklang is faster than Jynx, so you might need a Quagsire or Tangela to deal with it. Opposing priority users don't need Speed to check Jynx, and are a serious threat; Cofagrigus and Spiritomb can take on common priority users, such as Entei and Hitmonchan, and burn them (bar Entei <it's the main priority user you list! come up with another way to deal with entei imo>) with Will-O-Wisp.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jynx's famous Luna set is back, and just as effective as ever. LunaThis set is similar to the Substitute + Nasty Plot setone, but takes a more defensive approach. With her Dry Skin ability, Jynx is now more potent than ever before, as the Pokemon that wall her best—bulky Water-types such as Slowking and Lanturn—can't damage her with their STAB moves:; they'll actually heal her. With a Substitute and a few Special Defense boosts from Calm Mind, foes will be hard -pressed to take Jynx down. If the opponent sends in a physical attacker, Jynx can simply disarm it with a quick Lovely Kiss. <needs more elaboration!! CM makes substitutes harder to break etc etc, give some calcs, ice is an excellent offensive type, give calcs for ice beam too></p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The HP EVs contribute to the defensive nature of this set, and the extra bulk they provide makes it harder for foes to break Jynx's Substitutes. A Timid nature is mandatory on this set, as Jynx would otherwise be outsped without it by dangerous foes hovering around base 90 Speed, such as Hitmonlee, Entei, and Rotom. </p>

<p>
This set runs fewer Special Attack EVs and boosts graduallymore slowly than the Nasty Plot one does, so Jynx's weaker Ice Beams can struggle to damage some bulky Pokemon until Jynxshe accumulates several Special Attack boosts. Getting rid of Ice-type resistors, such as Miltank, Entei, Cryogonal, and Slowking, can make it much easier for Jynx to set up and sweep. Rapid Spin support is recommended for this set, as Jynx can be worn down extremely quickly by entry hazards and repeated use of Substitute use<suggest spinners>.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>You might have noticed that Trick is missing from the Choice Scarf set. Unfortunately, Jynx learns this move via DPP tutor, and it ismaking it illegal with her Dream World ability. Dry Skin is integral to her success, and giving it up for Trick really isn't worth it. A Choice Specs set is viable and can surprise foes with its immediate power, but if running a Choice set, using Choice Scarf is the better optionChoice item <why?>. Jynx also has access to Taunt. This move can be useful for, which can be useful for surprising foes and preventing foesthem from inflicting status or setting up on Jynx (and your opponent will never expect it), but she is extremely frail, and so must use the move carefully.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>It cannot be said enough how frail Jynx is; any physical attack is going to deal grievous damage, if not KO her completely. Priority users can really scare JynxJynx's frailty cannot be overemphasized; any physical attack is going to deal grievous damage to, if not outright KO her. Priority users threaten Jynx greatly, and Pokemon such as Entei, Hitmonchan, and Gurdurr are the ones to watch out for. Entei scores a clean OHKO with its Choice Band-boosted ExtremeSpeed, as candoes Life Orb Hitmonchan with Mach Punch, but Gurdurr will need a boost to secure the OHKO <after sr damage or not?>. Dark-types also give Jynx the shakes, and Honchkrow, Absol, Sharpedo, and Skuntank can all obliterate her with their powerful STAB moves. Spiritomb is noteworthy, as it can threaten Jynx with Pursuit, Sucker Punch, and Shadow Sneak, is immune to Psychic and Focus Blast, and is also a powerful spinblocker that makes it quite difficult to blow away entry hazards.</p>

Because Jynx uses Substitute on her most common sets<p>As Jynx frequently uses Substitute, she is vulnerable to multi-hit moves. Pokemon such as Rock Blast Golem, Armaldo, Cinccino, and Bonemerang Marowak can easily KO her regardless of whether she has a Substitute or not. Choice Scarf users can outspeed and KO Jynx, and Moltres and Hitmonlee are great choices, as both can hit her super effectively and can tank Ice Beam. Aerodactyl, Galvantula, and Ninjask don't need a Choice Scarf to outrun Jynx, and can KO her with their STAB moves. Aerodactyl can also Taunt Jynx, preventing her from setting up a Substitute or smooching something.using Lovely Kiss to put an opponent to sleep.</p>

<p>Slowking resists all of Jynx's attacks except Energy Ball, and can paralyze her with Thunder Wave. Miltank resists Ice Beam thanks to her Thick Fat ability, and can threaten Jynx with Body Slam, which deals tremendous damage and has a 30% chance to paralyze her. Munchlax is an absolute nightmare for Jynx to deal with. With its Thick Fat ability, Ice Beam is going to deal less damage than a feather hitting a brick, and Lovely Kiss won't work because Munchlax can just use Sleep Talk, which could call the dreaded Body Slam. Moltres is a huge problem for Jynx; as it 4x resists Ice, and can KO her with Fire Blast. The firebird can also use U-turn to break Jynx's Substitute, then switch to a priority user, which is an effective way to play around the Substitute + Nasty Plot set. Steel-types such as Magneton and Klinklang resist Jynx's icy onslaughts and have powerful attacks of their own; Klinklang in particular can use the excellent Gear Grind to flush Jynx out from behind herbreak Jynx's Substitute and KO her. Bulky Magneton's bulky set can easily take Jynx's Ice Beam, but must watch out for Focus Blast.</p>

[Overview]

<p>Although she works full-time in NU, Jynx will occasionally do some casual RU on the side. In RU, her high Speed, excellent offensive typing, Dry Skin ability, and access to Nasty Plot and Lovely Kiss make her a Pokemon to watch out for. Jynx is faster than a slew of RU Pokemon, including Lilligant, Gallade, and Braviary, which allows her to incapacitate many foes with a quick Lovely Kiss. Thanks to her Dry Skin ability, Jynx can set up on most bulky Water-types, such as Slowking and Lanturn. Unfortunately, entry hazards and priority are rife in RU, and this can hold her back. Jynx is also vulnerable to physical attacks, as her Defense stat isn't just low, it's absolutely horrendous. However, Jynx is a notorious threat that cannot be handled lightly, and with the proper team support, she can blow opposing teams to kingdom come.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is by far Jynx's most infamous <use a different word here> and lethal set. Jynx can get a Substitute up fairly easily, as she can force switches with the threat of Lovely Kiss or Ice Beam. Behind a Substitute, she can use Lovely Kiss in complete safety, or start boosting with Nasty Plot. Ice-type attacks have good coverage in RU, and resistances won't matter once she reaches +4 Special Attack; Slowking, Miltank, and Lanturn are all 2HKOed by Ice Beam with Stealth Rock support. Dry Skin is an amazing ability that allows Jynx to wall and set up on bulky Water-types, such as Slowking, Alomomola, and Quagsire. The healing factor can also offset Stealth Rock damage, which means that she can switch into a Water-type move and effectively take no Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>8 HP EVs maximize the HP gain from Leftovers. Leftovers will slowly restore the HP lost from using Substitute while Jynx sets up, and allows her to use Substitute multiple times without running out of HP. The Timid nature is non-negotiable, as forgoing it would leave Jynx outsped by many common threats, such as Moltres, Medicham, and Sigilyph.</p>

<p>Rock Blast users such as Cinccino and Armaldo—the former of whom is faster than Jynx—can KO her from behind her Substitute. They must therefore be dealt with before she attempts a sweep, making Tangela, Claydol, and Magneton recommended partners as they eliminate these threats. A Rapid Spin user can get rid of entry hazards on your side of the field, and Claydol, Hitmonchan, or Blastoise are all good choices to fill this role. Choice Scarf users, such as Rotom-C, Gallade, and Braviary, can ravage Jynx, so packing checks for these Pokemon can clear the way, allowing her to sweep uninterrupted.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Rather than torturing her foes with a long, drawn-out sweep, this Jynx variant gets straight to the point, blasting them away with her powerful attacks. Two STAB moves and Focus Blast for coverage give this set wonderful offensive power, letting her score a neutral hit at worst on nearly every Pokemon in RU. Lovely Kiss is just too good to give up, and this set makes excellent use of it; without Substitute, Jynx struggles with bulky Pokemon that can threaten her, be it with a powerful attack or a status infliction. However, Lovely Kiss allows her to incapacitate these nuisances and dispatch them while they slumber. Psyshock is an excellent move that can deal with special walls such as Munchlax and Lanturn, but Psychic packs higher Base Power and scores a stronger hit on physically bulky Pokemon such as Weezing and Cofagrigus. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The choice of Focus Blast or Nasty Plot is a tough one. Focus Blast is important if you want Jynx to be able to sweep comfortably; without it, she is vulnerable to Pokemon such as Steelix, Sharpedo, Aggron, and Probopass. However, with a Nasty Plot boost, Jynx can OHKO or 2HKO the majority of the RU tier with just Ice Beam and her Psychic-type STAB move of choice. Without Substitute, Jynx is open to opposing priority and status moves.</p>

<p>Alomomola is an excellent teammate, as it can patch up Jynx's weakness to priority moves and provide Wish support to mitigate Stealth Rock damage. Vileplume and Miltank can provide cleric support and have good defensive synergy with Jynx. Rapid Spin is crucial for this Jynx variant, as Life Orb recoil and entry hazard damage can add up alarmingly fast, cutting Jynx's sweep short. Claydol and Hitmonchan are both excellent spinners.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jynx becomes an amazing revenge killer when equipped with Choice Scarf, as she is fast enough to outspeed the entire metagame, and has great coverage with her powerful attacks. A speedy Lovely Kiss is an amazing asset, and Jynx can use it to incapacitate fast threats, including Choice Scarf Rotom-C, Gallade, and Braviary, Shell Smash Gorebyss and Carracosta, as well as Swellow, Cinccino, and Accelgor. Alternatively, Energy Ball is extremely useful for breaking through the Water-types that wall Jynx, such as Alomomola and Quagsire. Psyshock is an excellent STAB move that lets Jynx break through special walls, such as Munchlax and Lanturn, but Psychic has a higher Base Power and deals more damage to foes such as Weezing and Cofagrigus.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>As Jynx will be switching around frequently, you will need to get rid of any entry hazards on your side of the field. A Rapid Spin user, such as Claydol or Hitmonlee, can blow entry hazards away for your team. Jynx can also heal any entry hazard damage taken with her Dry Skin ability, making Pokemon that bait Water-type moves, such as <who?>, excellent partners. Unfortunately, Shift Gear Klinklang is faster than Jynx, so you might need a Quagsire or Tangela to deal with it. Opposing priority users don't need Speed to check Jynx, and are a serious threat; Cofagrigus and Spiritomb can take on common priority users, such as Entei and Hitmonchan, and burn them (bar Entei <it's the main priority user you list! come up with another way to deal with entei imo>) with Will-O-Wisp.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jynx's famous Luna set is back, and just as effective as ever. This set is similar to the Substitute + Nasty Plot one, but takes a more defensive approach. With her Dry Skin ability, Jynx is now more potent than ever before, as the Pokemon that wall her best—bulky Water-types such as Slowking and Lanturn—can't damage her with their STAB moves; they'll actually heal her. With a Substitute and a few Special Defense boosts from Calm Mind, foes will be hard-pressed to take Jynx down. If the opponent sends in a physical attacker, Jynx can simply disarm it with a quick Lovely Kiss. <needs more elaboration!! CM makes substitutes harder to break etc etc, give some calcs, ice is an excellent offensive type, give calcs for ice beam too></p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The HP EVs contribute to the defensive nature of this set, and the extra bulk they provide makes it harder for foes to break Jynx's Substitutes. A Timid nature is mandatory as Jynx would otherwise be outsped by dangerous foes hovering around base 90 Speed, such as Hitmonlee, Entei, and Rotom.</p>

<p>This set runs fewer Special Attack EVs and boosts more slowly than the Nasty Plot one does, so Jynx's weaker Ice Beams can struggle to damage some bulky Pokemon until she accumulates several Special Attack boosts. Getting rid of Ice-type resistors, such as Miltank, Entei, Cryogonal, and Slowking, can make it much easier for Jynx to set up and sweep. Rapid Spin support is recommended for this set, as Jynx can be worn down extremely quickly by entry hazards and repeated use of Substitute <suggest spinners>.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>You might have noticed that Trick is missing from the Choice Scarf set. Unfortunately, Jynx learns this move via DPP tutor, making it illegal with her Dream World ability. Dry Skin is integral to her success, and giving it up for Trick really isn't worth it. A Choice Specs set is viable and can surprise foes with its immediate power, but Choice Scarf is the better Choice item <why?>. Jynx also has access to Taunt, which can be useful for surprising foes and preventing them from inflicting status or setting up on Jynx, but she is extremely frail, and so must use the move carefully.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Jynx's frailty cannot be overemphasized; any physical attack is going to deal grievous damage to, if not outright KO her. Priority users threaten Jynx greatly, and Pokemon such as Entei, Hitmonchan, and Gurdurr are the ones to watch out for. Entei scores a clean OHKO with its Choice Band-boosted ExtremeSpeed, as does Life Orb Hitmonchan with Mach Punch, but Gurdurr will need a boost to secure the OHKO <after sr damage or not?>. Dark-types also give Jynx the shakes, and Honchkrow, Absol, Sharpedo, and Skuntank can all obliterate her with their powerful STAB moves. Spiritomb is noteworthy as it can threaten Jynx with Pursuit, Sucker Punch, and Shadow Sneak, is immune to Psychic and Focus Blast, and is also a powerful spinblocker that makes it quite difficult to blow away entry hazards.</p>

<p>As Jynx frequently uses Substitute, she is vulnerable to multi-hit moves. Pokemon such as Rock Blast Golem, Armaldo, Cinccino, and Bonemerang Marowak can easily KO her regardless of whether she has a Substitute or not. Choice Scarf users can outspeed and KO Jynx, and Moltres and Hitmonlee are great choices, as both can hit her super effectively and can tank Ice Beam. Aerodactyl, Galvantula, and Ninjask don't need a Choice Scarf to outrun Jynx, and can KO her with their STAB moves. Aerodactyl can also Taunt Jynx, preventing her from setting up a Substitute or using Lovely Kiss to put an opponent to sleep.</p>

<p>Slowking resists all of Jynx's attacks except Energy Ball and can paralyze her with Thunder Wave. Miltank resists Ice Beam thanks to her Thick Fat ability, and can threaten Jynx with Body Slam, which deals tremendous damage and has a 30% chance to paralyze her. Munchlax is an absolute nightmare for Jynx to deal with. With its Thick Fat ability, Ice Beam is going to deal less damage than a feather hitting a brick, and Lovely Kiss won't work because Munchlax can just use Sleep Talk, which could call the dreaded Body Slam. Moltres is a huge problem for Jynx as it 4x resists Ice and can KO her with Fire Blast. The firebird can also use U-turn to break Jynx's Substitute, then switch to a priority user, which is an effective way to play around the Substitute + Nasty Plot set. Steel-types such as Magneton and Klinklang resist Jynx's icy onslaughts and have powerful attacks of their own; Klinklang in particular can use the excellent Gear Grind to break Jynx's Substitute and KO her. Bulky Magneton can easily take Jynx's Ice Beam, but must watch out for Focus Blast.</p>

cuz its like 1am and i'm too lazy tired to use my own words to explain this DX
1) People saying "infamous" when they mean "famous" or even just "good". For example, "the infamous BoltBeam combo" or "Latios's infamous Draco Meteor" or "Raichu's infamous pre-evolution."

Infamous means despicable. There's nothing despicable about having good type coverage. There's nothing despicable about a powerful move. There's definitely nothing despicable about Pikachu. Stop using "infamous" to describe good things. If a strategy is really annoying/evil/"cheap", like Moody Smeargle, or SubParafusion Froslass in Hail, or Wrap in RBY, then maybe you can describe it as infamous, but other than that you shouldn't be using the word.

DONE
also strikethrough isn't working for some reason
[Overview]

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is by far Jynx's most popular and lethal set. Jynx can get a Substitute up fairly easily, as she can force switches with the threat of Lovely Kiss or Ice Beam. Behind a Substitute, she can use Lovely Kiss in complete safety, or start boosting with Nasty Plot. Ice-type attacks have good coverage in RU, and resistances won't matter once she reaches +4 Special Attack; Slowking, Miltank, and Lanturn are all 2HKOed by Ice Beam with Stealth Rock support. Dry Skin is an amazing ability that allows Jynx to wall and set up on bulky Water-types, such as Slowking, Alomomola, and Quagsire. The healing factor can also offset Stealth Rock damage, which means that she can switch into a Water-type move and effectively take no Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Rock Blast users such as Cinccino and Armaldo—the former of whom is faster than Jynx—can KO her fromwhen she is behind her Substitute. They must therefore be dealt with before she attempts a sweep, making Tangela, Claydol, and Magneton recommended partners, as they eliminate these threats. A Rapid Spin user can get rid of entry hazards on your side of the field, and; Claydol, or Hitmonchan, or Blastoise are all are both good choices to fill this role. Choice Scarf users, such as Rotom-C, Gallade, and Braviary, can ravage Jynx, so packing checks for these Pokemon can clear the way, allowing her to sweep uninterrupted.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Rather than torturing her foes with a long, drawn-out sweep, this Jynx variant gets straight to the point, blasting them away with her powerful attacks. Two STAB moves and Focus Blast for coverage give this set wonderful offensive power, letting her score at least a neutral hit at worst on nearly every Pokemon in RU. Lovely Kiss is just too good to give up, and this set makes excellent use of it; without Substitute, Jynx struggles with bulky Pokemon that can threaten her, be it with a powerful attack or a status infliction. However, Lovely Kiss allows her to incapacitate these nuisances and dispatch them while they slumber. Psyshock is an excellent move that can deal with special walls such as Munchlax and Lanturn, but Psychic packs higher Base Power and scores a stronger hit on physically bulky Pokemon such as Weezing and Cofagrigus. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The choice of Focus Blast or Nasty Plot is a tough one. Focus Blast is important if you want Jynx to be able to sweep comfortably; without it, she is vulnerable to Pokemon such as Steelix, Sharpedo, Aggron, and Probopass. However, with a Nasty Plot boost, Jynx can OHKO or 2HKO the majority of the RU tier with just Ice Beam and her Psychic-type STAB move of choice. Without Substitute, however, Jynx is open to opposing priority and status moves.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>As Jynx will be switching around frequently, you will need to get rid of any entry hazards on your side of the field. A Rapid Spin user, such as Claydol or Hitmonlee, can blow entry hazards away for your team. Jynx can also heal any entry hazard damage taken with her Dry Skin ability, making Pokemon that bait Water-type moves, such as Steelix and Entei, excellent partners. Unfortunately, Shift Gear Klinklang is faster than Jynx, so you might need a Quagsire or Tangela to deal with it. Opposing priority users don't need Speed to check Jynx, and are a serious threat; Cofagrigus and Spiritomb can take on common priority users, such as Entei and Hitmonchan. Both Ghost-types can burn most priority users with Will-O-Wisp, and Qwilfish can check Entei effectively with its Intimidate ability.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jynx's famous Luna set is back, and just as effective as ever. This set is similar to the Substitute + Nasty Plot one, but takes a more defensive approach. With her Dry Skin ability, Jynx is now more potent than ever before, as the Pokemon that wall her best—bulky Water-types such as Slowking and Lanturn—can't damage her with their STAB moves; they'll actually heal her. Jynx actually has good neutral coverage with Ice Beam, and the Pokemon that resist it—bulky Water-types such as Slowking and Lanturn—can't do anything to her, and are 2HKOed by a +5 Ice Beam. With a Substitute and a few Calm Mind boosts, foes will be hard-pressed to take Jynx down. With just a single Special Defense boost, Choice Scarf Rotom-C will be unable to break Jynx's Substitute with Volt Switch, and Slowking and Lanturn will be powerless to stop her. After four Calm Minds, Modest Life Orb +2 Gorebyss will fail to break Jynx's Substitutes with Hidden Power Grass. Unfortunately, some special attackers are just too powerful; Galvantula will always break Jynx's Substitute with Bug Buzz, even at +6 Special Defense. If the opponent sends in a physical attacker, Jynx can simply disarm it with a quick Lovely Kiss. Ice Beam becomes quite powerful after a few boosts, and can OHKO standard Claydol at +1, Hitmonchan and Cofagrigus at +3, Uxie at +5, and Bulk Up Gallade at +6. Gallade can be difficult to pin down though, and only 3 Calm Minds are needed to 2HKO it (factoring in the Drain Punch recovery gained from breaking Jynx's Substitute).</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>This set runs fewer Special Attack EVs and boosts more slowly than the Nasty Plot one does, so Jynx's weaker Ice Beams can struggle to damage some bulky Pokemon until she accumulates several Special Attack boosts. Getting rid of Ice-type resistors, such as Miltank, Entei, Cryogonal, and Slowking, can make it much easier for Jynx to set up and sweep. Rapid Spin support is recommended for this set, as Jynx can be worn down extremely quickly by entry hazards and repeated use of Substitute. Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Armaldo can all blow away entry hazards for your team.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>You might have noticed that Trick is missing from the Choice Scarf set. Unfortunately, Jynx learns this move via a DPP tutor, making it illegal with her Dream World ability. Dry Skin is integral to her success, and giving it up for Trick really isn't worth it. A Choice Specs set is viable and can surprise foes with its immediate power, but Choice Scarf is the better Choice item <why?>. Jynx also has access to Taunt, which can be useful for surprising foes and preventing them from inflicting status or setting up on Jynx, but she is extremely frail, and so must use the move carefully.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Jynx's frailty cannot be overemphasized; any physical attack is going to deal grievous damage to, if not outright KO her. Priority users threaten Jynx greatly, and; Pokemon such as Entei, Hitmonchan, and Gurdurr are the ones to watch out for. Entei scores a clean OHKO with its Choice Band-boosted ExtremeSpeed, as does Life Orb Hitmonchan with Mach Punch, but Gurdurr will need three Bulk Up boosts to secure the OHKO. Dark-types also give Jynx the shakes, and Honchkrow, Absol, Sharpedo, and Skuntank can all obliterate her with their powerful STAB moves. Spiritomb is noteworthy as it can threaten Jynx with Pursuit, Sucker Punch, and Shadow Sneak, is immune to Psychic and Focus Blast, and is also a powerful spinblocker that makes it quite difficult to blow away entry hazards.</p>

<p>As Jynx frequently uses Substitute, she is vulnerable to multi-hit moves. Pokemon such as Rock Blast Golem, Armaldo, Cinccino, and Bonemerang Marowak can easily KO her regardless of whether she has a Substitute or not. Choice Scarf users can outspeed and KO Jynx, and; Moltres and Hitmonlee are great choices, as both can hit her super effectively and can tank an Ice Beam. Aerodactyl, Galvantula, and Ninjask don't need a Choice Scarf to outrun Jynx, and can KO her with their STAB moves. Aerodactyl can also Taunt Jynx, preventing her from setting up a Substitute or using Lovely Kiss to put an opponent to sleep.</p>

[Overview]

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Rock Blast users such as Cinccino and Armaldo—the former of whom is faster than Jynx—can KO her when she is behind her Substitute. They must therefore be dealt with before she attempts a sweep, making Tangela, Claydol, and Magneton recommended partners, as they eliminate these threats. A Rapid Spin user can get rid of entry hazards on your side of the field; Claydol or Hitmonchan are both good choices to fill this role. Choice Scarf users, such as Rotom-C, Gallade, and Braviary, can ravage Jynx, so packing checks for these Pokemon can clear the way, allowing her to sweep uninterrupted.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Rather than torturing her foes with a long, drawn-out sweep, this Jynx variant gets straight to the point, blasting them away with her powerful attacks. Two STAB moves and Focus Blast for coverage give this set wonderful offensive power, letting her score at least a neutral hit on nearly every Pokemon in RU. Lovely Kiss is just too good to give up, and this set makes excellent use of it; without Substitute, Jynx struggles with bulky Pokemon that can threaten her, be it with a powerful attack or a status infliction. However, Lovely Kiss allows her to incapacitate these nuisances and dispatch them while they slumber. Psyshock is an excellent move that can deal with special walls such as Munchlax and Lanturn, but Psychic packs higher Base Power and scores a stronger hit on physically bulky Pokemon such as Weezing and Cofagrigus. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The choice of Focus Blast or Nasty Plot is a tough one. Focus Blast is important if you want Jynx to be able to sweep comfortably; without it, she is vulnerable to Pokemon such as Steelix, Sharpedo, Aggron, and Probopass. However, with a Nasty Plot boost, Jynx can OHKO or 2HKO the majority of the RU tier with just Ice Beam and her Psychic-type STAB move of choice. Without Substitute, however, Jynx is open to opposing priority and status moves.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

[Other Options]

<p>You might have noticed that Trick is missing from the Choice Scarf set. Unfortunately, Jynx learns this move via a DPP tutor, making it illegal with her Dream World ability. Dry Skin is integral to her success, and giving it up for Trick really isn't worth it. A Choice Specs set is viable and can surprise foes with its immediate power, but Choice Scarf is the better Choice item <why?>. Jynx also has access to Taunt, which can be useful for surprising foes and preventing them from inflicting status or setting up on Jynx, but she is extremely frail, and so must use the move carefully.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Jynx's frailty cannot be overemphasized; any physical attack is going to deal grievous damage to, if not outright KO her. Priority users threaten Jynx greatly; Pokemon such as Entei, Hitmonchan, and Gurdurr are the ones to watch out for. Entei scores a clean OHKO with its Choice Band-boosted ExtremeSpeed, as does Life Orb Hitmonchan with Mach Punch, but Gurdurr will need three Bulk Up boosts to secure the OHKO. Dark-types also give Jynx the shakes, and Honchkrow, Absol, Sharpedo, and Skuntank can all obliterate her with their powerful STAB moves. Spiritomb is noteworthy as it can threaten Jynx with Pursuit, Sucker Punch, and Shadow Sneak, is immune to Psychic and Focus Blast, and is also a powerful spinblocker that makes it quite difficult to blow away entry hazards.</p>

<p>As Jynx frequently uses Substitute, she is vulnerable to multi-hit moves. Pokemon such as Rock Blast Golem, Armaldo, Cinccino, and Bonemerang Marowak can easily KO her regardless of whether she has a Substitute or not. Choice Scarf users can outspeed and KO Jynx; Moltres and Hitmonlee are great choices, as both can hit her super effectively and can tank an Ice Beam. Aerodactyl, Galvantula, and Ninjask don't need a Choice Scarf to outrun Jynx, and can KO her with their STAB moves. Aerodactyl can also Taunt Jynx, preventing her from setting up a Substitute or using Lovely Kiss to put an opponent to sleep.</p>

GP 2/2

November Blue

is a Contributor Alumnus
Whoops ... How did I miss that??

Anyway, all fixed! Thanks for the check Rittah.

This is DONE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)