Community Create a Dreamy Team (restarted by harsha 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Taken over by harsha2014: Dream World CCAT
Hello, welcome to the dreamworld installment of CCAT. For this CCAT, we are making a trick room team.

Here are the rules:

Step 1: We pick a Pokemon to build our team around.

Step 2: We select Pokemon that work well around our Pokemon and fit the team style and test it.

Step 3:
We fine-tune the team based on our experiences in test-driving the team on the ladder!

Step 4: We finalize the team and write up a 5-star RMT!

Right now, I'm accepting nominations for the Pokemon to build the team around. Please provide reasons why the community should pick your suggestion. If you don't provide reasoning, your post will be deleted.

I will start the voting on the Pokemon in a few days. Good Luck!

Team so far

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Levitate
Brave 252/252/4/0/0/0
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Shadow Tag Chandelure

I feel this should be picked because it hits very hard and can be used in many different ways. Though it cannot set up Trick Room, 176 minimum Speed is none too shabby for Trick Room, since most Pokemon will have more than that anyway. 427 Special Attack is insane, and it can either be used as a Trick Room sweeper or something to pick off certain walls so that your other Trick Room sweepers can sweep.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus

Genesect @ Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 88 Def / 252 SAtk / 168 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam / Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt

Ok, I could post something generic as Shadow Tag Chandelure or Contrary Serperior, but I wanted this team to be original. Genesect is mostly know for it's Choice Scarf set, which is really good. However, with Rock Polish in it's movepool, and great base 125 Special Attack, why not turn it into a late or mid game sweeper. This set provides Genesect with enough speed to outrun Jolly Excadrill in Sand and every other Pokemon in the game after using Rock Polish. Along with Genesects ability Download (this raises his special attack stat when the opponents Pokemon's defense is larger than its special defense and vice versa) coupled with his great base defensive stats of 95 allows him to pull off the move Rock Polish and still have enough HP left to sweep a team if he is partially damaged. Ice Beam provides a definite OHKO with LO to most dragon types before and after the possible boost in special attack. However, Bug Buzz can be used as STAB, especially to take on Serperior and the Lati twins. Flamethrower makes sure Genesect can hit Steel-type Pokemon. However, this set cannot touch Heatran at all, so Pokemon that can take care of that are awesome.

"macle said:
For this CCAT, we are making a trick room team.

Genesect @ Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 88 Def / 252 SAtk / 168 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam / Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt

Ok, I could post something generic as Shadow Tag Chandelure or Contrary Serperior, but I wanted this team to be original. Genesect is mostly know for it's Choice Scarf set, which is really good. However, with Rock Polish in it's movepool, and great base 125 Special Attack, why not turn it into a late or mid game sweeper. This set provides Genesect with enough speed to outrun Jolly Excadrill in Sand and every other Pokemon in the game after using Rock Polish. Along with Genesects ability Download (this raises his special attack stat when the opponents Pokemon's defense is larger than its special defense and vice versa) coupled with his great base defensive stats of 95 allows him to pull off the move Rock Polish and still have enough HP left to sweep a team if he is partially damaged. Ice Beam provides a definite OHKO with LO to most dragon types before and after the possible boost in special attack. However, Bug Buzz can be used as STAB, especially to take on Serperior and the Lati twins. Flamethrower makes sure Genesect can hit Steel-type Pokemon. However, this set cannot touch Heatran at all, so Pokemon that can take care of that are awesome.
OK???

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpDef
Nature: Calm

- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

Regenerator allows Amoongus to repeatedly switch in on resisted hits such as Rotom-W's Volt Turn and Serperior's Leaf Storm. Even without much investment, CB Scizor's U-turn can only deal up to 68%, allowing Amoongus to break up your opponent's Volt Turn combination.

Spore allows Amoongus to take out one of your opponent's Pokemon, while Stun Spore allows it to cripple your opponent's sweepers after Spore has been used. Giga Drain is for STAB and to regain lost HP and Clear Smog prevents your opponent from setting up on Amoonguss and simultaneously breaks Serperior's Substitutes while removing any boosts it may have acquired from Leaf Storm.

Edit: Fast Pokemon can be used in a Trick Room team; it allows you to keep offensive pressure after Trick Room goes down. Although, Rock Polish is kind of a bad idea. If we are doing a Trick Room team, Stun Spore on Amoonguss would kind of be useless.

canno

formerly The Reptile

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Iron Fist
0 Spe
252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpDef
Brave Nature

- Drain Punch / Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Substitute / Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Payback

An amazing base 140 Attack backed up by a 20% boost that boost his main attacking options, Drain Punch and Mach Punch. Drain Punch allows Conk to heal himself off, while Hammer Arm makes him go faster and faster (under trick room). Mach Punch and Substitute might seem odd, but these 2 moves allow Conk to be useful outside of Trick Room. However, substitute is more or less filler and can be replaced with Earthquake to give EdgeQuake coverage along side with his Fighting-type. Stone Edge is coverage. Payback can be used, as it does take advantage of his lower speed outside of trick room, however, it won't do well at all during trick room, making it very unfavorable.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Shadow Tag Chandelure

I feel this should be picked because it hits very hard and can be used in many different ways. Though it cannot set up Trick Room, 176 minimum Speed is none too shabby for Trick Room, since most Pokemon will have more than that anyway. 427 Special Attack is insane, and it can either be used as a Trick Room sweeper or something to pick off certain walls so that your other Trick Room sweepers can sweep.
Yeah I second this, Chandelure is a beast in trick room.

I know, i said as a late game sweeper, a Trick Room team shouldn't have all slow mons on it, as out of Trick Room the team is basically screwed
In trick room it's generally necessary to have a couple faster pokemon just in case you can't get tr up, but it works better if your sweepers are all able to be effective in trick room. I'd rather use Choice Scarf Genesect as a cleaner for the wall breaking trick room sweepers. Not to mention with the RP set you lose one of Genesect's most valuable attacks in U-Turn which gives you momentum and possibly allows you to set up trick room with something.

breloom @life orb
252 hp 252 atk 4 def
Brave 0 speed IV

-spore
-swords dance
-bullet seed
-Mach punch

Breloom is a boss in trick room. Sweep with +2 bullet seed, and when trick room is over, hammer with Mach punch. Spore for trick room set up

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Levitate
Brave 252/252/4/0/0/0
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Bronzong provides two valuable things for Trick Room: A solid answer to Excadrill, and a Stealth Rock user. Gyro Ball hits very hard with a Macho Brace and no investment, and Earthquake provides coverage on things such as Chandelure and Excadrill. Hypnosis and Hidden Power Ice are also possible options in place of Stealth Rock.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed

Good ol gen 4 mixnite. This thing serves as a wall breaker, hitting everything in the metagame hard. Draco Meteor coming from a 328 sp attack Life Orb Dragonite 2hkos pretty much everything that isnt steel, where else Fire Blast hits steels. Superpower OHKOs Blissey, and Extremespeed helps with picking off weakened opponents when Trick Room's down.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright time to vote for the Pokemon to base off our team off of. Bold your vote and provide reasoning on why it should be chosen. Failure to do so will result in an invalid vote.

Dragonite
Bronzong
Genosect
Conkeldurr
Chandelure
Amoonguss

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Bronzong

The ability to set up TR on Excadrill is very valuable, in my opinion. Looks like a pretty good start to a team for me B)

So tough to pick...

Dragonite, on one hand, has a rather unorthodox ability, which is expected of a Life Orb user (Multiscale is useless), and we can't just use Salamence instead. However, I feel that Dragonite's main use is as a bulky set-up attacker; as someone told me on Pokemon Showdown, "If you're not using Roost or Extremespeed, you might as well use Salamence."

Genesect is a late game cleaner, and is a sweeper for when TR is not up. However, if all goes well with this team, which it should, TR will be up most of the time. It's just insane to build a Trick Room team around a Scarf Genesect.

Chandelure was my pick, and it is in the same boat as Dragonite, really. Too slow outside of TR, too fast inside TR. I really should have picked Rampardos, right? (Just kidding.)

Bronzong is a Trick Room and Stealth Rock setter. To base a team around that would kind of lean the team to Stall, what with the hazards you set up.

Conkeldurr is kind of meh without Guts, but Iron Fist is generally more reliable. (Try predicting Will-O-Wisps.) However, Iron Fist only boosts Hammer Arm, Drain Punch, and Mach Punch on the listed set. Once Trick Room runs out, and Mach Punch just doesn't do enough...

-Is VoltTurn viable in OU?
-VoltTurn is OU.
Anything that counters VoltTurn, especially on a Trick Room team, which is generally screwed over by VoltTurn, is automatically a favorite of mine. Seriously. Amoongus is just as good as Celebi in that regard.

So my vote goes to...

Conkeldurr

While VoltTurn is a driving force in OU, in DW OU it is almost nonexistent. Sorry Amoongus, better luck next time.

(btw I was about to vote Chandelure.)

canno

formerly The Reptile
Conkeldurr

Dragonite is too fast in Trick Room and too slow outside of it IMO.
Bronzong might make the team a little too stall-ish, which would be fine except this is a trick room team.
Genosect might work on the team as a sweeper outside of TR, but to build around a team around it just seems really dumb, especially since it's not scarfed, it's a set-up sweeper.
Chandelure has the same problem as Dragonite.
Amoonguss has the same problem as Bronzong.

Conkeldurr
its a beast period, with 140 base attack and being as slow as it is conkeldurr is possibly the best choice for a TR team and any team in general

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Bronzong

I don't think OTR zong would make the team stallish at all :/. Along with being a great defensive pivot, zong is an incredible late-game sweeper vs the omnipresent offensive teams as zong will usually has a base 150 power Gyro Ball at its disposal. Oh and without Bronzong, its going to be very difficult to fit in Stealth Rock on the team as it is one of the only viable TR abusers that can learn it (i think we're gonna need rocks for Chandy, Thundurus, Dragonite etc).

Bronzong

Bronzong because it can bring TrickRoom on the Field by itself, as where the others have less time actually sweeping since they need to switch in after the use of Trickroom from a team member. Second i like that it almost always will have max power Gyro Ball due to the Macho Brace.

Brongzong

Bronzong will always be a good TR Pokemon. In this meta-game with fast pace pokemon that run few defensive evs I think Bronzong could get pretty far mid to late game with Gyroball and Earthquake alone. His third slot would either have explosion, Zen Headbutt, or maybe Hp ice. Hp ice OTR Zong would completely wreck most sand teams and do fairly well against sun also. Although it wouldn't do much against a rain team it would Get up TR with ease.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sandstream
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 SpA
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spe)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge / Rockslide
- Fire Blast

Tyranitar's speed is sufficient for TR sweeping, and it gives us a way to handle opposing rain and sun teams (Bronzong is a good check to sand sweepers, so it doesn't matter that we're proving sand for the opponent). Tyranitar also checks some top threats such as Heatran, Chandelure and Latios outside of Trick Room. Fire Blast 2HKOs Skarmory, who will just Spike on Bronzong all day. Ice Beam is an option since Bronzong can't do anything to Gliscor, however Gliscor can really do anything to Bronzong so I think taking out skarm is the better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)