Leafeon (GP 2/2)

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
[Overview]

<p>Leafeon is a perfect example of why you should not judge a book by its cover: beneath its cute exterior lies a fierce Pokemon that can take a hit and hit back hard. A top-tier physical attacker in RU, Leafeon has a few perks that make it usable over other Grass-types, such as Sceptile and Sawsbuck. Leafeon can run a variety of sets that range from offensive to defensive, even including a hybrid of both. Additionally, Leafeon can support its teammates with useful moves such as Baton Pass and Heal Bell, which make it a team player no matter which set it runs. Sadly, our intrepid Eeveelution faces some heavy competition from Sawsbuck, which shares the exact same Speed stat and has access to a noticeably better movepool and incredible abilities. That said, Leafeon still manages to differentiate itself from Sawsbuck due to its higher defenses and handy support moves. If you are looking for an unconventional but effective Pokemon, then look no further, because Leafeon will rarely let you down.</p>

[SET]
name: Hybrid Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Leaf Blade
move 3: Double-Edge
move 4: Heal Bell / Baton Pass
item: Leftovers
nature: Jolly
evs: 160 HP / 124 Atk / 224 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Leafeon is a capable Swords Dance user due to its awesome combination of high Attack and great Speed stats, but there is more to it than that. Leafeon has the ability to set up on a good portion of RU's physical walls, such as Cofagrigus and Tangrowth, without fearing status due to Heal Bell. Leaf Blade does sizable damage to anything that does not resist it. However, this Leafeon should aim to set up multiple Swords Dance boosts, as even +2 Leafeon cannot do overwhelming damage. Double-Edge gives Leafeon nearly unresisted coverage—only missing out on Klinklang and Ferroseed—and its high Base Power makes it an invaluable tool against common Pokemon that resist Grass-type attacks, such as Moltres. On top of making Leafeon implacable in the face of most defensive Pokemon, Heal Bell also heals all its teammates of status. This is especially useful for Pokemon that have to rely on Rest for recovery; a few examples include defensive Cofagrigus and Munchlax. Baton Pass is preferred if you want Leafeon to be able to scout or pass its boosts to a teammate should it run into a Pokemon it cannot get past.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed EV spread boosts both of Leafeon's defenses and lets it outrun Rotom, while the rest of the EVs are placed into Attack to boost its power. Specifically, this guarantees the 2HKO on Cofagrigus and OHKO on Gallade after a boost. However, you can move all the Attack EVs into HP to increase Leafeon's longevity if you wish. You can also give Leafeon maximum Attack and Speed EVs and a Life Orb, but note that this will make Leafeon an inferior Sawsbuck. In terms of moves, Leafeon can run both Baton Pass and Heal Bell; while this will significantly boost its supporting ability, the loss of Double-Edge means it will miss out on good damage against several important targets, such as Moltres and Entei. Synthesis can be used for reliable healing on the go, but Leafeon will have to forgo both Heal Bell and Baton Pass, and this will again leave Leafeon outclassed by Sawsbuck.</p>

<p>This Leafeon should be used as a supporter or attacker for most of the match and only look to sweep after its counters have been removed. Moltres and Entei will threaten Leafeon most of the time, especially if it has not amassed any Swords Dance boosts yet, and checks such as Galvantula and Manectric outspeed and OHKO Leafeon with Bug Buzz and Flamethrower, respectively. When it comes to countering special attacking Electric- and Fire-types, look no further than Lanturn. Lanturn has no problem taking on Galvantula, Manectric, and Moltres, and a healthy one can even beat Entei on a good day. Ferroseed laughs at Leafeon; Magneton is a good partner to deal with it. Entry hazards, specifically Stealth Rock, nerf each of these threats and at the same time aid Leafeon in obtaining some KOs. Omastar and Qwilfish are excellent at setting up entry hazards, and they even come with the ability to check some of Leafeon's Fire-type counters.</p>

[SET]
name: Physically Defensive
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Leaf Blade
move 4: Yawn / Heal Bell
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Defensive Leafeon might seem like an unconventional set at first, but it works quite well in practice. It is capable of countering some of the strongest physical attackers in RU, such as Feraligatr, Crawdaunt, and Kabutops, all of which give most teams huge trouble. Wish lets Leafeon heal itself and its teammates at any given time. However, keep in mind that due to Leafeon's small base HP, Pokemon with more HP than average will not appreciate Leafeon's 167 HP Wishes. Leaf Blade is Leafeon's obligatory STAB move, and it specifically causes serious damage to the aforementioned Water-type sweepers. Yawn rounds out this set by giving Leafeon access to a semi-reliable sleep move and works well alongside Protect to throw opponents into a catch-22 situation. If the opposing Pokemon stays in after being made drowsy, Leafeon can use Protect to guarantee that it falls asleep; if the foe's Pokemon switches out, the Pokemon that switches in risks falling asleep as well. Heal Bell is a legitimate choice over Yawn if you want Leafeon to be able to heal your team of status.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leafeon can run Synthesis over Wish and Roar over Protect to create a shuffler set that aims to rack up entry hazard damage. This set is a stellar partner to useful defensive or support Pokemon that lack reliable recovery moves of their own, such as Cofagrigus, Slowking, Qwilfish, and Sandslash. Slowking gets a special mention because it is capable of countering almost all the Pokemon that trouble Leafeon, such as Moltres and Typhlosion, and Leafeon can check a good majority of the physical attackers that give Slowking problems. Therefore, when paired together, Leafeon and Slowking form an almost-impregnable defensive core.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Leafeon has several other options at its disposal: Knock Off can deny Pokemon of their item, which cripples offensive and defensive Pokemon alike. Charm sharply lowers the Attack stat of its target and stops physical attackers in their tracks, while Tickle lowers both the Attack and Defense stats of its target. All of these moves can be considered on the defensive set, and it is up to you which moves they replace. Curse can make Leafeon a powerful tank, but it comes at the cost of some precious Speed, and RU is home to a many Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO Leafeon regardless of how many defensive boosts it has amassed. Leafeon can make use of a Choice Band to catch standard checks such as Entei by surprise, but its inability to switch moves makes it prone to being set up on by Ferroseed and Lilligant, and Grass in general is a horrible STAB to be locked into.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There are a plethora of Fire-types in RU that can contend with Leafeon most of the time. Entei is by far the most popular and the biggest thorn in Leafeon's side, as it can easily switch in and threaten Leafeon with any of its Fire-type moves. Entei needs to watch out for a Swords Dance-boosted Double-Edge though, which can OHKO if Stealth Rock is in play and it has taken prior damage. Moltres is a solid check most of the time, but like Entei it should watch out for Swords Dance-boosted Double-Edge, which will OHKO most Moltres after Stealth Rock damage. Unlike Moltres and Entei, there is absolutely nothing Leafeon can do to Typhlosion if it safely switches in; not only can Typhlosion threaten Leafeon with its powerful Fire-type moves, but it is also naturally faster than Leafeon. Manectric and Galvantula will always be able to revenge kill Leafeon with Flamethrower and Bug Buzz, respectively, and the latter can even switch into the occasional Grass-type move.</p>

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mention sub in OO, mention defensive pokemon that appreciate wish passing like qwilfish in second set ac

QC APPROVED 1/3

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
The first set seems amazing. I'm definitively going to give it a try in the future. Also, since Leafeon is outclassed by Sawsbuck as an offensive Swords Dancer, give it only a brief mention.

With that said:

QC APPROVED 3/3

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry I'm really late with this, but the EV spread in the first set is very inefficient. Leafeon's base HP is so much lower than its base Defense that there's no point in moving EVs from HP to Defense. You make virtually no improvement to Leafeon's ability to take physical hits, and significantly hurt its ability to take special hits.

Random calcs:

RU Mixed Electivire's Ice Punch vs 132 HP / 120 Def Leafeon: 44.73 - 53.28%
RU Mixed Electivire's Ice Punch vs 252 HP / 0 Def Leafeon: 44.91 - 53.29%

RU Mixed Electivire's Flamethrower vs 132 HP / 120 Def Leafeon: 92.1 - 108.55%
RU Mixed Electivire's Flamethrower vs 252 HP / 0 Def Leafeon: 83.83 - 98.8%

So yeah, just change the spread to 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wow, what?

Thanks for the heads up bro. Anyway, due to the fact that today is easter sunday, my parents forbid me from leaving the house (my laptop ended up dying, long story short I can only type on my 3DS.)

I'll get this done tomorrow for sure.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I tried this set, and i find the combination of BP + Heal Bell to be very good. Being able to sweep, tank physical hits, heal status and pass your boosts is something very few pokes can boast, and Leafeon does it well so i think you should add the combo of those 2 moves in the main set.
And anyway i don't find Double-Edge to be that useful. Most stuff that want to switch into you don't care about it (Aggron, Magneton, Ferroseed, Klinglang, Mandibuzz). Sure it kills stuff such as Moltres, Rotom-C, Entei and Liligant, but those pokes will be either scarfed or afraid to come in directly (Liligant). And it's not like you can't pass your boosts whenever you are walled right? So rather than run a move than needs you to be at +2 to do any significant damage to very specific mons, most of which outspeed you anyway, i would rather focus on utility moves such as BP, Synthesis or Heal Bell.
The only real case where D-Edge is nice is for killing Entei, but without any Atk investement it needs to be seriously wounded as at +2 D-Edge does only 57.68 - 67.92%.

Sine we are talking about utility moves what about Synthesis? I think it deserves a mention in the main set or in the AC. Leaf Blade + SD are givens but the last 2 slots are very flexible. D-Edge, BP, Heal Bell and Synthesis are all excellent options. With Synthesis and Heal Bell you become incredibly difficult to take down from the physical side while being immune to status, and you beat pokes that could beat you before such as Ferroseed, Uxie, Poison Jab Qwilfish and Hidden Power Grass Magneton. Also having reliable recovery on a useful pivot such as Leafeon never hurts.

Also put enough Spe evs to outrun Rotom and the rest in Atk. Sawsbuck is rarely seen anyway and Primeape is always scarfed.

Finally you may want to put some evs into Atk. With 124 evs in Atk you always 2hko TR NP Cofagrigus with Leaf Blade, which otherwise could potentially sweep you after it sets up twice. As a bonus you also always OHKO max HP Gallade, which is not much, but better than letting him get a hit on you.

Ah and some counters/teammates. The most useful teammate i have found for him is Lanturn, which can beat most special Scarfers that threaten Leafeon such as Moltres, Galvantula and Manectric. RestTalk Lanturn with Scald and Tbolt is the best set as a partner, especially if you are running Heal Bell on your Leafeon.
As for counters, Ferroseed is a full stop without Synthesis, Magneton with HP Fire/Ice, Aggron, Steelix and Klinglang all work fine. Just mention that Leafeon can always BP to a teammate.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
I like those suggestions Alex, and I think i'll be implementing both of them. I implemented most of your chances, but I'll have to test them when I get the time.

I tried to finish this set by today, but i've been busy balancing Leafeon with my school work (exams this week and the next.) and I can ONLY work at school since my Laptop's busted. I still plan on finishing this analysis, but i'll be chipping at it per day. I should (hopefully) be done in a few days. Just so we're clear here, i'm about half way through the first set. (It's not that short :p)

Thanks for bearing with me.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Btw all the changes i proposed are for the Hybrid SD set. It may be obvious but better be safe than sorry.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
Read to roll with some GP checks.

Yeah it took some time to get this done, but with my laptop gone and my limited time on my bros computer I never had the opportunity to sit down and get this done.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
amateur check
•Add
•Delete
•Comments

[Overview]

<p>Leafeon is a perfect of example of why you should not judge a book by its cover. Beneath its cute exterior lies a fierce Pokemon that can take a hit and dish one out hit back hard. Leafeon is a top tier physical attacker in RU, with because of a few perks that makes it usable over other Grass-types like such as Sceptile and Sawsbuck. It Leafeon can run a variety of movesets, which range from offensive, to defensive or to a hybrid of both. It Leafeon is also a capable to support its teammates Pokemon, with access to useful moves like such as Baton Pass and Heal Bell, which makes it a team player, no matter what set it runs. Truth be told Sadly, our intrepid Eeveelution faces some heavy competition from Sawsbuck, who shares the exact same sSpeed stat, sports has access to a noticeably better movepool and an incredible ability in Chlorophyll or Sap Sipper?. With that said, Leafeon still manages to differentiate itself from Sawsbuck due to its noticeably higher defenses, and handy support moves. If you are looking for an unconventional, but effective Pokemon, then look no further, because Leafeon will rarely let you down.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>At first glance, Leafeon seems like is a capable of Swords Dance user due to its awesome combination of high Attack and great sSpeed stats, but thereis more to it than that. Unique to Leafeon ihas the ability to set up against on a good portion of RU’s physical walls, without fearing status of any kind due to Heal Bell. Heal Bell lets Leafeon set up on the likes of defensive titans like such as Cofagrigous and Tangrowth without fearing status. Leaf Blade does sizeable damage to anything that does not resist it, and is sure to sting after a Swords Dance boost. Setting up multiple Swords Dances are is recommended for to getting the best most out of this set, since aseven at +2, Leafeon is not capable of doing overwhelming damage. Double-Edge gives Leafeon nearly unresisted coverage (only missing out on Klingklang and Ferroseed) and its high bBase pPower makes it an invaluable tool against common Pokemon that resist Grass-type attacks resists like such as Moltres. On top of making Leafeon implacable in the face of most defensive Pokemon, Heal Bell also has the added benefit of removesing status on from all of your teammates. This is especially useful for Pokemon who have to rely on Rest as their only way to heal themselves, a few examples include like defensive Cofagrigous or and Munchlax. Baton Pass is prefered if you want Leafeon to pass along its boost to a teammate (should you run into a Pokemon you can not get by) or if you want to scout ahead.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The current EV spread is used to boosts both of Leafeon's defenses and givesing it enough speed to outspeedrun Rotom, while the rest of the EVs are placedoured into Attack to boost its power. You can move dump all of those Attack EVs into HP to boost increase Leafeon's longevity tanking ability, but you should know beware that they’sre EVs are used to guarantee the a 2HKO on Cofagrigous and the an OHKO on Gallade after a boost Does this mean you won't be able to achive this if you move the Attack EVs?. You can give Leafeon a Life Orb with maximum Attack and Speed EVs, but you 'will end up making Leafeon inferior to Sawsbuck most of the time. Experimentation to find the best EV spread that suits Lefeon is advised, but try not to stray from the listed EV spread. You Leafeoncan simultaneously run Baton Pass and Heal Bell which will significantly boost it's supporting ability, however, the loss of Double-Edge means you it will miss out on getting good damage against several important targets, such as Moltres and Entei. Synthesis can be used for reliable healing on the go, but it comes with the removal of Heal Bell or Baton Pass, and Swords Dance Leafeon using Synthesis is liable to get outclassed by Sawsbuck using the same set.</p>

<p>This Leafeon should be used as a support or attacker for most of the match, and it 'is up to you to set up an opportunity for Leafeon to sweep at any given time. This means making sure you have Leafeon's counters covered before sending it out. Good counters, Moltres and Entei, will threaten Leafeon most of the time, especially if it has no't amassed any Swords Dance boosts yet, and checks like such asGalvantula and Manectric outspeed and OHKO Leafeon with Bug Buzz and Flamethrower respectively. When it comes to countering special attacking Electric and Fire-types, look no further than Lanturn. Lanturn has no problem taking on Galvantula, Manectric and Motlres, and can even beat Entei on a good day if it 'is healthy. Ferroseed laughs at Leafeon, so you should running a Magneton is a good partner to deal with it Ferroseed. Entry hazards are good at nerfing each of these Stealth Rock weak threats, and at the same time they aid Leafeon in obtaining some KOs. Omastar and Qwilfish are excellent at setting up entry hazards, and they even come with the ability to somewhat check some of Leafeon's Fire-type counters.</p>

[SET]
name: Physical Wall

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Defensive Leafeon seems like an unconventional set at first, but it works quite well in practice. Physically defensive Leafeon is capable of countering some of the strongest RU physical threats attackers in the tier, such as Feraligatr, Crawdaunt and Kabutops, all of which give most teams huge trouble (the former 2 via Dragon Dance, and the latter on Rain Dance teams). Leafeon gets access to Wish, which lets it heal itself and its teammates at any given time. Keep in mind that the new Wish mechanics do work against Leafeon now; Wish now heals 50% of the users HP at all times, which means that Pokemon with more HP than average will not on’t appreciate Leafeon's 167 HP healing Wishes as much. Do not let this discourage you however, as Leafeon is still efficient at reasonably healing its teammates most of the time. Protect predictably is used to scout ahead, but and it also comes with the added bonus guaranteesing Leafeon will gets to healed with by Wish. Leaf Blade is Leafeon's obligatory STAB move, but specifically it is used for to cause getting serious damage on the aforementioned Water-type sweepers. Yawn rounds out this set by giving Leafeon access to a semi-reliable sleep move and it is even further augmented by Protect, which throws players into a catch-22 situation. If the opposing player stays in after having their Pokemon get yawned, you Leafeon can use Protect to guarantee that they fall asleep. If they switch out, they risk having the next Pokemon that switches in fall asleep as well. Heal Bell is a legitimate choice over Yawn if you want to Leafeon to rid of your team of any status effects that may might have been inflicted on them.</p>

<p>Leafeon can run Synthesis over Wish, and Roar over Protect to recreate the famous “Leafeon set that run through teams by roar shuffling them” set. This set is a stellar partner to useful defensive or support type Pokemon that lack reliable recovery moves of their own. Pokemon such as Cofagrigous, Slowking, Qwilfish and Sandslash are useful defensive Pokemon that all lack reliable healing moves, and definitely appreciate the presence of Leafeon. Slowking gets a special mention since because it is capable of countering almost all of the Pokemon that give trouble to Leafeon trouble and lLeafeon can check a good majority of the physical attackers in UU that give problems to Slowking?. As a bonus, when paired together, Leafeon and Slowking form an almost impregnable defensive core.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Leafeon has a decent sum of other moves to use at its disposal, but you'll only want to use about 3 of them. Knock Off can be used to deny Pokemon of their item, and which is useful against offensive and defensive Pokemon. Charm can sharply lowers the Attack stat of its target, and is good for stopping physical attackers in their tracks. Tickle lowers both the Attack and Defense stat of its target, which nearly guarantees that its foe is more vulnerable to just about anything. All of these moves see exclusively on the Support set, and it is up to your discretion on what moves they replace. Curse can make Leafeon into a powerful tank, but it comes at the cost of some precious sSpeed, and RU is home to a bunch of manyPokemon that can outspeed and OHKO it Leafeon, regardless of how many defensive boosts it has amassed. Leafeon can equip a Choice Band, which may might let it catch standard checks like such as Entei by surprise, but its Leafeon's inability to switch moves makes it prone to being set up on by Ferroseedand Liligant, and Grass in general is a horrible STAB to be locked into. A Life Orb Swords Dance can be used to give Leafeon way more power, but this ends up making Leafeon strictly outclassed by Sawsbuck, who has nearly identical offensive stats, but comes with a far superior physical moveset.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There are a plethora of Fire-types in RU that can contend with Leafeon most of the time. Entei is by far the most popular and the biggest thorn on Leafeon's side. It can switch into any of Leafeon sets without much of a resistance any problem, and threatens Leafeon with any of its Fire-type moves. Entei needs to watch out for Swords Dance boosted Double-Edge though, which may can OHKO Entei if Stealth Rock is in play and it has taken prior damage. Moltres is a solid check most of the time, but like Entei it should watch out for Swords Dance boosted Double-Edge which will OHKO most Moltres variants after Stealth Rock damage. Unlike Moltres and Entei, there is absolutely nothing Leafeon can do about to Typhlosion that his if it safely switched in;. Nnot only does Typhlosion threatens it Leafeon with its powerful Fire-type moves, but it is also naturally faster than Leafeon too. Manectric and Galvantula will always be able to revenge KO Leafeon with Flamethrower and Bug Buzz respectively, and the latter can even switch into the occasional Grass-type move.</p>

[Overview]

<p>Leafeon is a perfect of example of why you should not judge a book by its cover. Beneath its cute exterior lies a fierce Pokemon that can take a hit and hit back hard. Leafeon is a top tier physical attacker in RU because of a few perks that make it usable over other Grass-types such as Sceptile and Sawsbuck. Leafeon can run a variety of movesets, which range from offensive, to defensive to a hybrid of both. Leafeon is also capable to support its teammates with useful moves such as Baton Pass and Heal Bell, which make it a team player, no matter what set it runs. Sadly, our intrepid Eeveelution faces some heavy competition from Sawsbuck, who shares the exact same Speed stat, has access to a noticeably better movepool and an incredible ability in Chlorophyll or Sap Sipper?. With that said, Leafeon still manages to differentiate itself from Sawsbuck due to its higher defenses, and handy support moves. If you are looking for an unconventional, but effective Pokemon, then look no further, because Leafeon will rarely let you down.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> Leafeon is a capable Swords Dance user due to its awesome combination of high Attack and great Speed stats, but there is more to it than that. Leafeon has the ability to set up on a good portion of RU’s physical walls without fearing status of any kind due to Heal Bell. Heal Bell lets Leafeon set up on defensive titans such as Cofagrigous and Tangrowth without fearing status. Leaf Blade does sizeable damage to anything that does not resist it, and is sure to sting after a Swords Dance boost. Setting up multiple Swords Dance is recommended to get the most out of this set, as even at+2, Leafeon is not capable of doing overwhelming damage. Double-Edge gives Leafeon nearly unresisted coverage (only missing out on Klingklang and Ferroseed) and its high Base Power makes it an invaluable tool against common Pokemon that resist Grass-type attacks such as Moltres. On top of making Leafeon implacable in the face of most defensive Pokemon, Heal Bell also removes status from all your teammates. This is especially useful for Pokemonwho have to rely on Rest as their only way to heal themselves, a few examples include defensive Cofagrigous and Munchlax. Baton Pass is prefered if you want Leafeon to pass along its boost to a teammate (should you run into a Pokemon you can not get by) or if you want to scout ahead.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The current EV spread boosts both of Leafeon's defenses and gives it enough speed to outspeed Rotom, while the rest of the EVs are placed into Attack to boost its power. You can move all the Attack EVs into HP to increase Leafeon's longevity, but you should beware that these EVs areused to guarantee a 2HKO on Cofagrigous and an OHKO on Gallade after aboost. You can give Leafeon a Life Orb with maximum Attack and Speed EVs, but you will end up making Leafeon inferior to Sawsbuck most of the time. Experimentation to find the best EV spread that suits Lefeon is advised, but try not to stray from the listed EV spread. Leafeon can simultaneously run Baton Pass and Heal Bell which will significantly boost its supporting ability, however, the loss of Double-Edge means it will miss out on getting good damage against several important targets, such as Moltres and Entei. Synthesis can beused for reliable healing on the go, but it comes with the removal of Heal Bellor Baton Pass, and Swords Dance Leafeon using Synthesis is liable to get outclassed by Sawsbuck using the same set.</p>

<p>This Leafeon should be used as a support or attacker for most of the match, and it is up to you to set up an opportunityfor Leafeon to sweep at any given time. This means making sure you have Leafeon's counters covered before sending it out. Good counters, Moltres and Entei, will threaten Leafeon most of the time, especially if it has not amassed any Swords Dance boosts yet, and checks such as Galvantula and Manectric outspeed and OHKO Leafeon with Bug Buzz and Flamethrower respectively. When it comes to countering special attacking Electric and Fire-types, look no further than Lanturn. Lanturn has no problem taking on Galvantula, Manectric and Motlres, and can even beat Entei on a good day if it is healthy. Ferroseed laughs at Leafeon, so Magneton is a good partner to deal with it. Entry hazards nerf each of these Stealth Rock weak threats, and at the same time aid Leafeon in obtaining some KOs. Omastar and Qwilfish are excellent at setting up entry hazards, and they even come with the ability to somewhat check some of Leafeon's Fire-type counters.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Defensive Leafeon seems like an unconventional set at first, but it works quite well in practice. Physically defensive Leafeon is capable of countering some of the strongest RU physical attackers, such as Feraligatr, Crawdaunt and Kabutops, all of which give most teams huge trouble (the former 2 via Dragon Dance, and the latter on Rain Dance teams). Leafeon gets access to Wish, which lets it heal itself and its teammates at any given time. Keep in mind that the new Wish mechanics do work against Leafeon; Wish now heals 50% of the users HP at all times, which means that Pokemon with more HP than average will not appreciate Leafeon's 167 HP healing Wishes as much. Do not let this discourage you however, as Leafeon is still efficient at reasonably healing its teammates most of the time. Protect is used to scout ahead, and it also guarantees Leafeon will get healed by Wish. Leaf Blade is Leafeon's obligatory STAB move, but specifically it is used to cause serious damage on the aforementioned Water-type sweepers. Yawn rounds out this set by giving Leafeon access to a semi-reliable sleep move and it is even further augmented by Protect, which throws players into a catch-22 situation. If the opposing player stays in after having their Pokemon yawned, Leafeon canuse Protect to guarantee that they fall asleep. If they switch out, they risk having the next Pokemon that switches in fall asleep as well. Heal Bell is alegitimate choice over Yawn if you want Leafeon to rid of your team of any status effects that might have been inflicted on them.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leafeon can run Synthesis over Wish, and Roar over Protect to recreate the famous “Leafeon set that run through teams by roar shuffling them” set. This set is a stellar partner to useful defensive orsupport type Pokemon that lack reliable recovery moves of their own. Pokemon such as Cofagrigous, Slowking, Qwilfish and Sandslash are useful defensive Pokemon that lack reliable healing moves, and definitely appreciate the presence of Leafeon. Slowking gets a special mention because it is capable of countering almost all the Pokemon that give trouble to Leafeon and Leafeon can check a good majority of the physical attackers in UU that give problems to Slowking. As a bonus, when paired together, Leafeon and Slowking, form an almost impregnable defensive core.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Leafeon has a decent sum of other moves to use at its disposal. Knock Off can be used to deny Pokemon of their item, which isuseful against offensive and defensive Pokemon. Charm sharply lowers the Attack stat of its target, and is good to stopp physical attackers in their tracks. Tickle lowers both, the Attack and Defense stat of its target, which guarantees that its foe is more vulnerable to just about anything. All of these moves see exclusively on the support set, and it is up to your discretion on what moves they replace. Curse can make Leafeon a powerful tank, but it comes at the cost of some precious Speed, and RU is home to a many Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO Leafeon, regardless of how many defensive boosts it has amassed. Leafeon can equip a Choice Band, which might let it catch standard checks such as Entei by surprise, but Leafeon's inability to switch moves makes it prone to being set up on by Ferroseed and Liligant, and Grass in general is a horrible STAB to be locked into. A Life Orb Swords Dance can be used to give Leafeon way more power, but this ends up making Leafeon strictly outclassed by Sawsbuck.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There are a plethora of Fire-types in RU that cancontend with Leafeon most of the time. Entei is by far the most popular and the biggest thorn on Leafeon's side. It can switch into any of Leafeon sets without any problem, and threatens Leafeon with any of its Fire-type moves. Entei needs to watch out for Swords Dance boosted Double-Edge though,which can OHKO Entei if Stealth Rock is in play and it has taken prior damage. Moltres is a solid check most of the time, but like Entei it should watch out for Swords Dance boosted Double-Edge which will OHKO most Moltres variants after Stealth Rock damage. Unlike Moltres and Entei, there is absolutely nothing Leafeon can do toTyphlosion if it safely switched in; not only does Typhlosion threatens Leafeon with its powerful Fire-type moves, but it is also naturally faster than Leafeon. Manectric and Galvantula will always be able to revenge KO Leafeon with Flamethrower and Bug Buzz respectively, and the latter can even switch into the occasional Grass-type move.</p>

hi! nice analysis

I'm just pointing out that you have used 'like' over 'such as' while listing out examples. For eg: other Grass-types like such as Sceptile and Sawsbuck.
Such as should be used in these cases

(worked over Cereza's C/P)

[Overview]

<p>Leafeon is a perfect of example of why you should not judge a book by its cover: beneath its cute exterior lies a fierce Pokemon that can take a hit and hit back hard. Leafeon is a A top-tier physical attacker in RU because of , Leafeon has a few perks that make it usable over other Grass-types, such as Sceptile and Sawsbuck. Leafeon can run a variety of movesets, which range from offensive, to defensive to , and even a hybrid of both. Leafeon is also capable to Additionally, Leafeon can (just a note that the phrase is "also capable OF supporting") support its teammates with useful moves such as Baton Pass and Heal Bell, which make it a team player, no matter what which set it runs. Sadly, our intrepid Eeveelution faces some heavy competition from Sawsbuck, who shares the exact same Speed stat, has access to a noticeably better movepool and an incredible ability in Chlorophyll or Sap Sipper?. With That said, Leafeon still manages to differentiate itself from Sawsbuck due to its higher defenses, and handy support moves. If you are looking for an unconventional, but effective Pokemon, then look no further, because Leafeon will rarely let you down.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Leafeon is a capable Swords Dance user due to its awesome combination of high Attack and great Speed stats, but there is more to it than that. Leafeon has the ability to set up on a good portion of RU's physical walls without fearing status of any kind due to Heal Bell. Heal Bell lets Leafeon set up on defensive titans , such as Cofagrigous Cofagrigus and Tangrowth, without fearing status due to Heal Bell. Leaf Blade does sizeable sizable damage to anything that does not resist it, and is sure to sting after a Swords Dance boost. (contradicting yourself!) Setting up multiple Swords Dance is recommended to get the most out of this set However, this Leafeon should aim to set up multiple Swords Dance boosts, as even at+2, Leafeon is not capable of doing +2 Leafeon cannot do overwhelming damage. Double-Edge gives Leafeon nearly unresisted coverage ( only missing out on Klingklang and Ferroseed) and its high Base Power makes it an invaluable tool against common Pokemon that resist Grass-type attacks, such as Moltres. On top of making Leafeon implacable in the face of most defensive Pokemon, Heal Bell also removes status from all your teammates heals all its teammates of status. This is especially useful for Pokemonwho that have to rely on Restas their only way to heal themselves for recovery; a few examples include defensive Cofagrigous Cofagrigus and Munchlax. Baton Pass is preferred if you want Leafeon to pass along be able to scout or pass its boosts to a teammate (should you it run into a Pokemon you it cannot get by past) or if you want to scout ahead.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The current listed EV spread boosts both of Leafeon's defenses and gives it enough speed to outspeed lets it outrun Rotom, while the rest of the EVs are placed into Attack to boost its power. You can move all the Attack EVs into HP to increase Leafeon's longevity, but you should beware that these EVs areused to Specifically, this guarantees a the 2HKO on Cofagrigous Cofagrigus and an OHKO on Gallade after a(space)boost. However, you can move all the Attack EVs into HP to increase Leafeon's longevity if you wish. You can also give Leafeon a Life Orb with maximum Attack and Speed EVs and a Life Orb, but you will end up making note that this will make Leafeon an inferior to Sawsbuck most of the time. Experimentation to find the best EV spread that suits Lefeon is advised, but try not to stray from the listed EV spread. Leafeon can simultaneously run . In terms of moves, Leafeon can run both Baton Pass and Heal Bell; which while this will significantly boost its supporting ability, however, the loss of Double-Edge means it will miss out on getting good damage against several important targets, such as Moltres and Entei. Synthesis can be(space)used for reliable healing on the go, but it comes with the removal of Leafeon will have to to forgo both Heal Bellor and Baton Pass, and Swords Dance Leafeon using Synthesis is liable to get this will again leave Leafeon outclassed by Sawsbuck using the same set.</p>

<p>This Leafeon should be used as a supporter or attacker for most of the match, and it is up to you to set up an opportunityfor Leafeon to sweep at any given time. This means making sure you have Leafeon's counters covered before sending it out only look to sweep after its counters have been removed (did I reword this part accurately? I didn't really get what you were trying to say). Good counters, Moltres and Entei, will threaten Leafeon most of the time, especially if it has not amassed any Swords Dance boosts yet, and checks such as Galvantula and Manectric outspeed and OHKO Leafeon with Bug Buzz and Flamethrower respectively. When it comes to countering special attacking Electric- and Fire-types, look no further than Lanturn. Lanturn has no problem taking on Galvantula, Manectric, and Motlres Moltres, and a healthy one can even beat Entei on a good day if it is healthy. Ferroseed laughs at Leafeon, so ; Magneton is a good partner to deal with it. Entry hazards, specifically Stealth Rock, nerf each of these Stealth Rock weak threats, and at the same time aid Leafeon in obtaining some KOs. Omastar and Qwilfish are excellent at setting up entry hazards, and they even come with the ability to somewhat check some of Leafeon's Fire-type counters.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Defensive Leafeon might seems like an unconventional set at first, but it works quite well in practice. Physically defensive Leafeon It is capable of countering some of the strongest RU physical attackers in RU, such as Feraligatr, Crawdaunt, and Kabutops, all of which give most teams huge trouble (the former 2 via Dragon Dance, and the latter on Rain Dance teams). Leafeon gets access to Wish, which lets it . Wish lets Leafeon heal itself and its teammates at any given time. However, keep in mind that the new BW Wish mechanics do work against Leafeon; Wish now heals 50% of the users HP at all times, which means that due to its small base HP; Pokemon with more HP than average will not appreciate Leafeon's 167 HP healing Wishes as much. Do not let this discourage you, however, as Leafeon is still reasonably efficient at reasonably healing its teammates most of the time. Protect is used to scout ahead, and it also guarantees Leafeon will get healed by Wish. Leaf Blade is Leafeon's obligatory STAB move, but and specifically it is used to causes serious damage on the aforementioned Water-type sweepers. Yawn rounds out this set by giving Leafeon access to a semi-reliable sleep move, and it is even further augmented by Protect, which throws players works well alongside Protect to throw opponents into a catch-22 situation. If the opposing player Pokemon stays in after having their Pokemon yawned being made drowsy, Leafeon can(space)use Protect to guarantee that they it falls asleep; If they if it switches out, they risk having the next Pokemon that switches in fall asleep as well the switch-in risks falling asleep as well (I get what you mean, but do you think it's a little vague?). Heal Bell is a(space)legitimate choice over Yawn if you want Leafeon to rid of be able to heal your team of any status effects that might have been inflicted on them.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leafeon can run Synthesis over Wish, and Roar over Protect to recreate the famous “Leafeon set that run through teams by roar shuffling them” set. for a parashuffler set.</p>

<p>
This set is a stellar partner to useful defensive or(space)support type Pokemon that lack reliable recovery moves of their own. Pokemon , such as Cofagrigous Cofagrigus, Slowking, Qwilfish, and Sandslash are useful defensive Pokemon that lack reliable healing moves, and definitely appreciate the presence of Leafeon. Slowking gets a special mention because it is capable of countering almost all the Pokemon that give trouble to Leafeon, such as (examples), and Leafeon can check a good majority of the physical attackers in UU that give problems to SlowkingSlowking problems. As a bonus Therefore, when paired together, Leafeon and Slowking, form an almost-impregnable defensive core.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Leafeon has a decent sum of other moves to use several other options at its disposal. : Knock Off can be used to deny Pokemon of their item, which isuseful against cripples offensive and defensive Pokemon alike. Charm sharply lowers the Attack stat of its target, and is good to stopp stops physical attackers in their tracks. , while Tickle lowers both, the Attack and Defense stats of its target. which guarantees that its foe is more vulnerable to just about anything. All of these moves see exclusively (removed because vague, if you want to put something in, be more specific about how exactly to go about taking advantage of those stat drops) All of these moves can be considered on the support set, and it is up to your discretion on what you which moves they replace. Curse can make Leafeon a powerful tank, but it comes at the cost of some precious Speed, and RU is home to a many Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO Leafeon, regardless of how many defensive boosts it has amassed. Leafeon can equip a Choice Band, which might let it make use of a Choice Band to catch standard checks such as Entei by surprise, but Leafeon' its inability to switch moves makes it prone to being set up on by Ferroseed and Liligant Lilligant, and Grass in general is a horrible STAB to be locked into. A Life Orb Swords Dance can be used to give Leafeon way more power, but this ends up making Leafeon strictly outclassed by Sawsbuck. (mentioned in AC of SD set, no need to repeat)</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There are a plethora of Fire-types in RU that can(space)contend with Leafeon most of the time. Entei is by far the most popular and the biggest thorn on in Leafeon's side. It can switch into any of Leafeon sets without any problem, , as it can easily switch in and threatens Leafeon with any of its Fire-type moves. Entei needs to watch out for Swords Dance-boosted Double-Edge though,(space)which can OHKO Entei if Stealth Rock is in play and it has taken prior damage. Moltres is a solid check most of the time, but like Entei it should watch out for Swords Dance-boosted Double-Edge which will OHKO most Moltres variants after Stealth Rock damage. Unlike Moltres and Entei, there is absolutely nothing Leafeon can do to(space)Typhlosion if it safely switched switches in; not only does can Typhlosion threatens Leafeon with its powerful Fire-type moves, but it is also naturally faster than Leafeon. Manectric and Galvantula will always be able to revenge KO kill Leafeon with Flamethrower and Bug Buzz respectively, and the latter can even switch into the occasional Grass-type move.</p>
[Overview]

<p>Leafeon is a perfect of example of why you should not judge a book by its cover: beneath its cute exterior lies a fierce Pokemon that can take a hit and hit back hard. A top-tier physical attacker in RU, Leafeon has a few perks that make it usable over other Grass-types, such as Sceptile and Sawsbuck. Leafeon can run a variety of sets, which range from offensive to defensive, and even a hybrid of both. Additionally, Leafeon can support its teammates with useful moves such as Baton Pass and Heal Bell, which make it a team player no matter which set it runs. Sadly, our intrepid Eeveelution faces some heavy competition from Sawsbuck, who shares the exact same Speed stat, has access to a noticeably better movepool and an incredible ability in Chlorophyll or Sap Sipper?. That said, Leafeon still manages to differentiate itself from Sawsbuck due to its higher defenses and handy support moves. If you are looking for an unconventional but effective Pokemon, then look no further, because Leafeon will rarely let you down.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Leafeon is a capable Swords Dance user due to its awesome combination of high Attack and great Speed stats, but there is more to it than that. Leafeon has the ability to set up on a good portion of RU's physical walls, such as Cofagrigus and Tangrowth, without fearing status due to Heal Bell. Leaf Blade does sizable damage to anything that does not resist it. However, this Leafeon should aim to set up multiple Swords Dance boosts, as even +2 Leafeon cannot do overwhelming damage. Double-Edge gives Leafeon nearly unresisted coverage—only missing out on Klingklang and Ferroseed—and its high Base Power makes it an invaluable tool against common Pokemon that resist Grass-type attacks, such as Moltres. On top of making Leafeon implacable in the face of most defensive Pokemon, Heal Bell also heals all its teammates of status. This is especially useful for Pokemon that have to rely on Rest for recovery; a few examples include defensive Cofagrigus and Munchlax. Baton Pass is preferred if you want Leafeon to be able to scout or pass its boosts to a teammate should it run into a Pokemon it cannot get past.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed EV spread boosts both of Leafeon's defenses and lets it outrun Rotom, while the rest of the EVs are placed into Attack to boost its power. Specifically, this guarantees the 2HKO on Cofagrigus and OHKO on Gallade after a boost. However, you can move all the Attack EVs into HP to increase Leafeon's longevity if you wish. You can also give Leafeon maximum Attack and Speed EVs and a Life Orb, but note that this will make Leafeon an inferior Sawsbuck. In terms of moves, Leafeon can run both Baton Pass and Heal Bell; while this will significantly boost its supporting ability, the loss of Double-Edge means it will miss out on good damage against several important targets, such as Moltres and Entei. Synthesis can be used for reliable healing on the go, but Leafeon will have to to forgo both Heal Bell and Baton Pass, and this will again leave Leafeon outclassed by Sawsbuck.</p>

<p>This Leafeon should be used as a supporter or attacker for most of the match, and only look to sweep after its counters have been removed (did I reword this part accurately? I didn't really get what you were trying to say). Moltres and Entei will threaten Leafeon most of the time, especially if it has not amassed any Swords Dance boosts yet, and checks such as Galvantula and Manectric outspeed and OHKO Leafeon with Bug Buzz and Flamethrower respectively. When it comes to countering special attacking Electric- and Fire-types, look no further than Lanturn. Lanturn has no problem taking on Galvantula, Manectric, and Moltres, and a healthy one can even beat Entei on a good day. Ferroseed laughs at Leafeon; Magneton is a good partner to deal with it. Entry hazards, specifically Stealth Rock, nerf each of these threats and at the same time aid Leafeon in obtaining some KOs. Omastar and Qwilfish are excellent at setting up entry hazards, and they even come with the ability to check some of Leafeon's Fire-type counters.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Defensive Leafeon might seem like an unconventional set at first, but it works quite well in practice. It is capable of countering some of the strongest physical attackers in RU, such as Feraligatr, Crawdaunt, and Kabutops, all of which give most teams huge trouble. Wish lets Leafeon heal itself and its teammates at any given time. However, keep in mind that the BW Wish mechanics work against Leafeon due to its small base HP; Pokemon with more HP than average will not appreciate Leafeon's 167 HP healing Wishes as much. Do not let this discourage you, however, as Leafeon is still reasonably efficient at healing its teammates most of the time. Protect is used to scout ahead, and it also guarantees Leafeon will get healed by Wish. Leaf Blade is Leafeon's obligatory STAB move, and specifically causes serious damage on the aforementioned Water-type sweepers. Yawn rounds out this set by giving Leafeon access to a semi-reliable sleep move, and works well alongside Protect to throw opponents into a catch-22 situation. If the opposing Pokemon stays in after being made drowsy, Leafeon can use Protect to guarantee that it falls asleep; if it switches out, the switch-in risks falling asleep as well (I get what you mean, but do you think it's a little vague?). Heal Bell is a legitimate choice over Yawn if you want Leafeon to be able to heal your team of status.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leafeon can run Synthesis over Wish and Roar over Protect for a shuffler set that aims to rack up entry hazard damage.</p>

<p>This set is a stellar partner to useful defensive or support Pokemon that lack reliable recovery moves of their own, such as Cofagrigus, Slowking, Qwilfish, and Sandslash. Slowking gets a special mention because it is capable of countering almost all the Pokemon that trouble Leafeon, such as (examples), and Leafeon can check a good majority of the physical attackers that give Slowking problems. Therefore, when paired together, Leafeon and Slowking form an almost-impregnable defensive core.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Leafeon has several other options at its disposal: Knock Off can deny Pokemon of their item, which cripples offensive and defensive Pokemon alike. Charm sharply lowers the Attack stat of its target and stops physical attackers in their tracks, while Tickle lowers both the Attack and Defense stats of its target (removed because vague, if you want to put something in, be more specific about how exactly to go about taking advantage of those stat drops). All of these moves can be considered on the support set, and it is up to you which moves they replace. Curse can make Leafeon a powerful tank, but it comes at the cost of some precious Speed, and RU is home to a many Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO Leafeon regardless of how many defensive boosts it has amassed. Leafeon can make use of a Choice Band to catch standard checks such as Entei by surprise, but its inability to switch moves makes it prone to being set up on by Ferroseed and Lilligant, and Grass in general is a horrible STAB to be locked into. (mentioned in AC of SD set, no need to repeat)</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There are a plethora of Fire-types in RU that can contend with Leafeon most of the time. Entei is by far the most popular and the biggest thorn in Leafeon's side, as it can easily switch in and threaten Leafeon with any of its Fire-type moves. Entei needs to watch out for Swords Dance-boosted Double-Edge though, which can OHKO if Stealth Rock is in play and it has taken prior damage. Moltres is a solid check most of the time, but like Entei it should watch out for Swords Dance-boosted Double-Edge which will OHKO most Moltres after Stealth Rock damage. Unlike Moltres and Entei, there is absolutely nothing Leafeon can do to Typhlosion if it safely switches in; not only can Typhlosion threaten Leafeon with its powerful Fire-type moves, but it is also naturally faster than Leafeon. Manectric and Galvantula will always be able to revenge kill Leafeon with Flamethrower and Bug Buzz respectively, and the latter can even switch into the occasional Grass-type move.</p>

nice thorough writeup, but just some things to watch out for:
  • watch out for curly apostrophes and quotation marks; those screw-up when they go onsite
  • Smogon uses the serial comma, so it's "Slowking, Qwilfish(comma) and Sandslash"
  • don't use "you" to refer to Leafeon; "you" refers to the trainer
  • watch spelling of mons like Cofagrigus and Lilligant - if you're not sure, look it up!

gp approved 1/2

edit: reworded the part Honko pointed out to

However, keep in mind that the BW Wish mechanics work against Leafeon due to its small base HP; Pokemon with more HP than average will not appreciate Leafeon's 167 HP healing Wishes as much.
hope this is alright :>

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Keep in mind that the new Wish mechanics do work against Leafeon now; Wish now heals 50% of the users HP at all times, which means that Pokemon with more HP than average won’t appreciate Leafeon’s 167 HP healing Wishes as much.
We're well into Gen 5 at this point, so you don't need to explain mechanics changes from DPP or describe them as "new". See this post for more details.

placeholder

this was really great man, good job :)

[Overview]

<p>Leafeon is a perfect of example of why you should not judge a book by its cover: beneath its cute exterior lies a fierce Pokemon that can take a hit and hit back hard. A top-tier physical attacker in RU, Leafeon has a few perks that make it usable over other Grass-types, such as Sceptile and Sawsbuck. Leafeon can run a variety of sets, which that range from offensive to defensive, and even including a hybrid of both. Additionally, Leafeon can support its teammates with useful moves such as Baton Pass and Heal Bell, which make it a team player no matter which set it runs. Sadly, our intrepid Eeveelution faces some heavy competition from Sawsbuck, who which shares the exact same Speed stat,(remove comma) and has access to a noticeably better movepool and incredible abilities. That said, Leafeon still manages to differentiate itself from Sawsbuck due to its higher defenses and handy support moves. If you are looking for an unconventional but effective Pokemon, then look no further, because Leafeon will rarely let you down.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Leafeon is a capable Swords Dance user due to its awesome combination of high Attack and great Speed stats, but there is more to it than that. Leafeon has the ability to set up on a good portion of RU's physical walls, such as Cofagrigus and Tangrowth, without fearing status due to Heal Bell. Leaf Blade does sizable damage to anything that does not resist it. However, this Leafeon should aim to set up multiple Swords Dance boosts, as even +2 Leafeon cannot do overwhelming damage. Double-Edge gives Leafeon nearly unresisted coverage—only missing out on Klingklang Klinklang and Ferroseed—and its high Base Power makes it an invaluable tool against common Pokemon that resist Grass-type attacks, such as Moltres. On top of making Leafeon implacable in the face of most defensive Pokemon, Heal Bell also heals all its teammates of status. This is especially useful for Pokemon that have to rely on Rest for recovery; a few examples include defensive Cofagrigus and Munchlax. Baton Pass is preferred if you want Leafeon to be able to scout or pass its boosts to a teammate should it run into a Pokemon it cannot get past.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed EV spread boosts both of Leafeon's defenses and lets it outrun Rotom, while the rest of the EVs are placed into Attack to boost its power. Specifically, this guarantees the 2HKO on Cofagrigus and OHKO on Gallade after a boost. However, you can move all the Attack EVs into HP to increase Leafeon's longevity if you wish. You can also give Leafeon maximum Attack and Speed EVs and a Life Orb, but note that this will make Leafeon an inferior Sawsbuck. In terms of moves, Leafeon can run both Baton Pass and Heal Bell; while this will significantly boost its supporting ability, the loss of Double-Edge means it will miss out on good damage against several important targets, such as Moltres and Entei. Synthesis can be used for reliable healing on the go, but Leafeon will have to to forgo both Heal Bell and Baton Pass, and this will again leave Leafeon outclassed by Sawsbuck.</p>

<p>This Leafeon should be used as a supporter or attacker for most of the match,(remove comma) and only look to sweep after its counters have been removed. Moltres and Entei will threaten Leafeon most of the time, especially if it has not amassed any Swords Dance boosts yet, and checks such as Galvantula and Manectric outspeed and OHKO Leafeon with Bug Buzz and Flamethrower,(comma) respectively. When it comes to countering specially attacking Electric- and Fire-types, look no further than Lanturn. Lanturn has no problem taking on Galvantula, Manectric, and Moltres, and a healthy one can even beat Entei on a good day. Ferroseed laughs at Leafeon; Magneton is a good partner to deal with it. Entry hazards, specifically Stealth Rock, nerf each of these threats and at the same time aid Leafeon in obtaining some KOs. Omastar and Qwilfish are excellent at setting up entry hazards, and they even come with the ability to check some of Leafeon's Fire-type counters.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Defensive Leafeon might seem like an unconventional set at first, but it works quite well in practice. It is capable of countering some of the strongest physical attackers in RU, such as Feraligatr, Crawdaunt, and Kabutops, all of which give most teams huge trouble. Wish lets Leafeon heal itself and its teammates at any given time. However, keep in mind that due to Leafeon's small base HP, Pokemon with more HP than average will not appreciate Leafeon's 167 HP healing Wishes. Leaf Blade is Leafeon's obligatory STAB move, and it specifically causes serious damage on to the aforementioned Water-type sweepers. Yawn rounds out this set by giving Leafeon access to a semi-reliable sleep move,(remove comma) and works well alongside Protect to throw opponents into a catch-22 situation. If the opposing Pokemon stays in after being made drowsy, Leafeon can use Protect to guarantee that it falls asleep; if the foe'(apostrophe)s Pokemon switches out, the Pokemon that switch-in switches in risks falling asleep as well. Heal Bell is a legitimate choice over Yawn if you want Leafeon to be able to heal your team of status.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leafeon can run Synthesis over Wish and Roar over Protect for to create a shuffler set that aims to rack up entry hazard damage. This set is a stellar partner to useful defensive or support Pokemon that lack reliable recovery moves of their own, such as Cofagrigus, Slowking, Qwilfish, and Sandslash. Slowking gets a special mention because it is capable of countering almost all the Pokemon that trouble Leafeon, such as Moltres and Typhlosion, and Leafeon can check a good majority of the physical attackers that give Slowking problems. Therefore, when paired together, Leafeon and Slowking form an almost-impregnable defensive core.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Leafeon has several other options at its disposal: Knock Off can deny Pokemon of their item, which cripples offensive and defensive Pokemon alike. Charm sharply lowers the Attack stat of its target and stops physical attackers in their tracks, while Tickle lowers both the Attack and Defense stats of its target. All of these moves can be considered on the support set, and it is up to you which moves they replace. Curse can make Leafeon a powerful tank, but it comes at the cost of some precious Speed, and RU is home to a many Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO Leafeon regardless of how many defensive boosts it has amassed. Leafeon can make use of a Choice Band to catch standard checks such as Entei by surprise, but its inability to switch moves makes it prone to being set up on by Ferroseed and Lilligant, and Grass in general is a horrible STAB to be locked into.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There are a plethora of Fire-types in RU that can contend with Leafeon most of the time. Entei is by far the most popular and the biggest thorn in Leafeon's side, as it can easily switch in and threaten Leafeon with any of its Fire-type moves. Entei needs to watch out for Swords Dance-boosted Double-Edge though, which can OHKO if Stealth Rock is in play and it has taken prior damage. Moltres is a solid check most of the time, but like Entei it should watch out for Swords Dance-boosted Double-Edge,(comma) which will OHKO most Moltres after Stealth Rock damage. Unlike Moltres and Entei, there is absolutely nothing Leafeon can do to Typhlosion if it safely switches in; not only can Typhlosion threaten Leafeon with its powerful Fire-type moves, but it is also naturally faster than Leafeon. Manectric and Galvantula will always be able to revenge kill Leafeon with Flamethrower and Bug Buzz,(comma) respectively, and the latter can even switch into the occasional Grass-type move.</p>

[Overview]

<p>Leafeon is a perfect example of why you should not judge a book by its cover: beneath its cute exterior lies a fierce Pokemon that can take a hit and hit back hard. A top-tier physical attacker in RU, Leafeon has a few perks that make it usable over other Grass-types, such as Sceptile and Sawsbuck. Leafeon can run a variety of sets that range from offensive to defensive, even including a hybrid of both. Additionally, Leafeon can support its teammates with useful moves such as Baton Pass and Heal Bell, which make it a team player no matter which set it runs. Sadly, our intrepid Eeveelution faces some heavy competition from Sawsbuck, which shares the exact same Speed stat and has access to a noticeably better movepool and incredible abilities. That said, Leafeon still manages to differentiate itself from Sawsbuck due to its higher defenses and handy support moves. If you are looking for an unconventional but effective Pokemon, then look no further, because Leafeon will rarely let you down.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Leafeon is a capable Swords Dance user due to its awesome combination of high Attack and great Speed stats, but there is more to it than that. Leafeon has the ability to set up on a good portion of RU's physical walls, such as Cofagrigus and Tangrowth, without fearing status due to Heal Bell. Leaf Blade does sizable damage to anything that does not resist it. However, this Leafeon should aim to set up multiple Swords Dance boosts, as even +2 Leafeon cannot do overwhelming damage. Double-Edge gives Leafeon nearly unresisted coverage—only missing out on Klinklang and Ferroseed—and its high Base Power makes it an invaluable tool against common Pokemon that resist Grass-type attacks, such as Moltres. On top of making Leafeon implacable in the face of most defensive Pokemon, Heal Bell also heals all its teammates of status. This is especially useful for Pokemon that have to rely on Rest for recovery; a few examples include defensive Cofagrigus and Munchlax. Baton Pass is preferred if you want Leafeon to be able to scout or pass its boosts to a teammate should it run into a Pokemon it cannot get past.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed EV spread boosts both of Leafeon's defenses and lets it outrun Rotom, while the rest of the EVs are placed into Attack to boost its power. Specifically, this guarantees the 2HKO on Cofagrigus and OHKO on Gallade after a boost. However, you can move all the Attack EVs into HP to increase Leafeon's longevity if you wish. You can also give Leafeon maximum Attack and Speed EVs and a Life Orb, but note that this will make Leafeon an inferior Sawsbuck. In terms of moves, Leafeon can run both Baton Pass and Heal Bell; while this will significantly boost its supporting ability, the loss of Double-Edge means it will miss out on good damage against several important targets, such as Moltres and Entei. Synthesis can be used for reliable healing on the go, but Leafeon will have to forgo both Heal Bell and Baton Pass, and this will again leave Leafeon outclassed by Sawsbuck.</p>

<p>This Leafeon should be used as a supporter or attacker for most of the match and only look to sweep after its counters have been removed. Moltres and Entei will threaten Leafeon most of the time, especially if it has not amassed any Swords Dance boosts yet, and checks such as Galvantula and Manectric outspeed and OHKO Leafeon with Bug Buzz and Flamethrower, respectively. When it comes to countering specially attacking Electric- and Fire-types, look no further than Lanturn. Lanturn has no problem taking on Galvantula, Manectric, and Moltres, and a healthy one can even beat Entei on a good day. Ferroseed laughs at Leafeon; Magneton is a good partner to deal with it. Entry hazards, specifically Stealth Rock, nerf each of these threats and at the same time aid Leafeon in obtaining some KOs. Omastar and Qwilfish are excellent at setting up entry hazards, and they even come with the ability to check some of Leafeon's Fire-type counters.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Defensive Leafeon might seem like an unconventional set at first, but it works quite well in practice. It is capable of countering some of the strongest physical attackers in RU, such as Feraligatr, Crawdaunt, and Kabutops, all of which give most teams huge trouble. Wish lets Leafeon heal itself and its teammates at any given time. However, keep in mind that due to Leafeon's small base HP, Pokemon with more HP than average will not appreciate Leafeon's 167 HP Wishes. Leaf Blade is Leafeon's obligatory STAB move, and it specifically causes serious damage to the aforementioned Water-type sweepers. Yawn rounds out this set by giving Leafeon access to a semi-reliable sleep move and works well alongside Protect to throw opponents into a catch-22 situation. If the opposing Pokemon stays in after being made drowsy, Leafeon can use Protect to guarantee that it falls asleep; if the foe's Pokemon switches out, the Pokemon that switch-in risks falling asleep as well. Heal Bell is a legitimate choice over Yawn if you want Leafeon to be able to heal your team of status.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Leafeon can run Synthesis over Wish and Roar over Protect to create a shuffler set that aims to rack up entry hazard damage. This set is a stellar partner to useful defensive or support Pokemon that lack reliable recovery moves of their own, such as Cofagrigus, Slowking, Qwilfish, and Sandslash. Slowking gets a special mention because it is capable of countering almost all the Pokemon that trouble Leafeon, such as Moltres and Typhlosion, and Leafeon can check a good majority of the physical attackers that give Slowking problems. Therefore, when paired together, Leafeon and Slowking form an almost-impregnable defensive core.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Leafeon has several other options at its disposal: Knock Off can deny Pokemon of their item, which cripples offensive and defensive Pokemon alike. Charm sharply lowers the Attack stat of its target and stops physical attackers in their tracks, while Tickle lowers both the Attack and Defense stats of its target. All of these moves can be considered on the support set, and it is up to you which moves they replace. Curse can make Leafeon a powerful tank, but it comes at the cost of some precious Speed, and RU is home to a many Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO Leafeon regardless of how many defensive boosts it has amassed. Leafeon can make use of a Choice Band to catch standard checks such as Entei by surprise, but its inability to switch moves makes it prone to being set up on by Ferroseed and Lilligant, and Grass in general is a horrible STAB to be locked into.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There are a plethora of Fire-types in RU that can contend with Leafeon most of the time. Entei is by far the most popular and the biggest thorn in Leafeon's side, as it can easily switch in and threaten Leafeon with any of its Fire-type moves. Entei needs to watch out for Swords Dance-boosted Double-Edge though, which can OHKO if Stealth Rock is in play and it has taken prior damage. Moltres is a solid check most of the time, but like Entei it should watch out for Swords Dance-boosted Double-Edge, which will OHKO most Moltres after Stealth Rock damage. Unlike Moltres and Entei, there is absolutely nothing Leafeon can do to Typhlosion if it safely switches in; not only can Typhlosion threaten Leafeon with its powerful Fire-type moves, but it is also naturally faster than Leafeon. Manectric and Galvantula will always be able to revenge kill Leafeon with Flamethrower and Bug Buzz, respectively, and the latter can even switch into the occasional Grass-type move.</p>

GP APPROVED 2/2

PK Gaming

Persona 5
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

G/P checkers are like the backbone of C&C, I love you guys / gals.

I think i'm done here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)