Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Steight, you get the infamous Flapper the Zubat.

Why is he infamous? Simple...Because it's the bog-standard one that has annoyed Scramblers for a while.

What do you mean by bog-standard. Simple. It must hold a Cheri Barry to fight. If it loses it mid-battle, it must switch out. It cannot evolve past Golbat until you solo 2 of Wattson's Pokemon.

Have fun.

Reserving Fragile the Delcatty for Steight. Be back to edit in 30 mins.

Fragile is a very scared skitty, she somehow thinks her body is very fragile. For this reason she doesn't want to fight any fighting types (when you accidently face a fighting type with skitty/delcatty-->you may not do any damaging moves and you must die). When skitty gets hit by a fighting type move from a non-fighting type, she will consider herself broken, and has to switch out. She slowly starts to feel a little useless, but is still to scared to face any fighting pokemons. To solve this, she must solo Flannery's Torkoal. Evolution is ofcourse an issue too, Skitty evolves into a Delcatty by using a moonstone. She doesn't know this untill she kills another delcatty, solo ofcourse. (I'm not completely sure if there are trainerowned delcatties in the game, but I'm fairly sure there are). As a delcatty, you still can't face fighting types. Now that Fragile has evolved with the use of a stone, she is obsessed by stones that evolve pokemons. From now on she will solo any trainerowned pokemon that was evolved with the use of a stone, this included gym leader and elite four pokemons that are not solod by anyone else.

I hope you like Fragile ;) .

On my own challange, I just solod Whitney's clefairy with only metronome. It was easy! After 2 failattacks, a massive Leaf Storm broke that clefairy in half! But Miltank.. God dang it she's a tank! I first tried to put her to sleep with Simon(togetic), but it took 6 turns thanks to attract! Once asleep, I managed to pull of 3 charms, and Miltank was weakened alot now, but Jenny(pidgeotto), who needed the exp most, just couldn't kill it with Quick attack or Gust! And rollout almost killed me, so I had to switch back to togetic, to test my luck with metronome. Well; that luck saved me! First metronome was slash, which did a little bit of damage, and then came .. TOXIC! Now it was just staying alive, which i did by using sand attack with Jenny. I kept Snap(totodile) inactive, because he will likely be the MVP when I fight Morty, so he'll get enough training later.

Edit: Didn't catch a Scyther in national park, because I died -.- . How FAIL is that...

Reserving for Sleight.
Take EpicWin the Wurmple. Your Wurmple thinks that its the very best, that no-one every was. So, EpicWin is always under the effect of Taunt. It must solo 10 trainers to evolve, and 15 more to evolve again. Upon reaching its final stage, EpicWin has some choices to make. It can either go for power or diversity. To put it more precisely, you must choose one of two restrictions: Only use STAB moves and choice locked (ie never switch moves), or never use STAB moves, and under Torment. Whatever you choose, EpicWin must solo Wallace. Have fun!

Steight, take a Lotad and name it OneHit1der, or simply Wonder if you want it to be pronounceable.

If you have an even number of badges, it cannot use Grass-type moves unless they have full PP.
If you have an odd number of badges, it cannot use Water-type moves unless they have full PP.

It must solo every trainer in Flannery's gym to evolve to Lombre (It can have a partner for a doubles battle)
It must solo every trainer in Wallace's gym to evolve to Ludicolo. (It can have a partner for a doubles battle)

It must solo two Pokémon in the elite four. Good luck!

Reserving for Tetrinity.

Tetrinity, take a fossil (your Trainer ID determines whether you find Cranidos or Shieldon). Name it Oldie. Oldie is extermely old- the oldest pokemon on your team! It suffers from a number of health defects as a result of this. Firstly, it has arthritis. As a result, it may never use two physical attacks in a row. It also has memory loss- every time Oldie is switched in, flip a coin twice. If the result is heads-heads, it cannot use the move in moveslot 1 as long as it stays in. Heads-tails, moveslot 2. Tails-heads, moveslot 3. Tails-tails, moveslot 4. Finally, it must visit hospital often because it is quite ill. So, you must use a healing item of some sort on it whenever Oldie drops into red HP, and if it is ever KO'd, it must be Revived before the end of the battle. Oldie must solo Volkner and Flint, because they are far too young for its taste. Have fun!
Volkner already needs to be soloed by Purify, my Meditite. Could that one be changed to somebody else?

Other than that, sounds great! My team is complete, so I'm going to go ahead and get started. :)

Platinum Scramble Team

Edit: After messing with my DS clock a little, I've caught myself a male Kricketot. Meet the team:

Can'tdoit (male Piplup)
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Ability: Torrent
Moveset: Pound, Growl

Fiddle (male Kricketot)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Ability: Shed Skin
Moveset: Growl, Bide

Well, what can I say. Bold on Can'tdoit, a Pokémon whose only possible attacks are Pound, Growl, Peck and Mist. Hopefully his Defence works out to be something nice. As for Fiddle, I lucked out MUCH more. Hopefully I can evolve him in time to learn X-Scissor as a Kricketune. :)

I've actually already soloed two Trainers with Bide... the first two only had one Pokémon each. Got a little lucky on each of them; the Starly Growled then Quick Attacked twice leaving Fiddle on 3HP before Bide hit, while the Bidoof had a crit on its first Tackle then missed the second, leaving Fiddle on 5HP. I came ridiculously close a breaking a restriction after that, mind... Can'tdoit was level 6 at the time and Fiddle was level 4, but he levelled to 5 and was left with 1 (!) XP left to go until level 6. One more XP and Can'tdoit would've been the lowest level on the team, forcing a soft reset. Eheheh...

Mmyup. Three trainers soloed with Bide. Might up the necessary amount to five or even ten. :L

...although having said that, I just wiped to a Budew. Twice.

Volkner already needs to be soloed by Purify, my Meditite. Could that one be changed to somebody else?

Other than that, sounds great! My team is complete, so I'm going to go ahead and get started. :)

Platinum Scramble Team

Edit: After messing with my DS clock a little, I've caught myself a male Kricketot. Meet the team:

Can'tdoit (male Piplup)
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Ability: Torrent
Moveset: Pound, Growl

Fiddle (male Kricketot)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Ability: Shed Skin
Moveset: Growl, Bide

Well, what can I say. Bold on Can'tdoit, a Pokémon whose only possible attacks are Pound, Growl, Peck and Mist. Hopefully his Defence works out to be something nice. As for Fiddle, I lucked out MUCH more. Hopefully I can evolve him in time to learn X-Scissor as a Kricketune. :)

I've actually already soloed two Trainers with Bide... the first two only had one Pokémon each. Got a little lucky on each of them; the Starly Growled then Quick Attacked twice leaving Fiddle on 3HP before Bide hit, while the Bidoof had a crit on its first Tackle then missed the second, leaving Fiddle on 5HP. I came ridiculously close a breaking a restriction after that, mind... Can'tdoit was level 6 at the time and Fiddle was level 4, but he levelled to 5 and was left with 1 (!) XP left to go until level 6. One more XP and Can'tdoit would've been the lowest level on the team, forcing a soft reset. Eheheh...

Mmyup. Three trainers soloed with Bide. Might up the necessary amount to five or even ten. :L

...although having said that, I just wiped to a Budew. Twice.
I'm glad my scramblemon's being annoying (but not as much as leaf)
Ps: remember no peck if it's supereffective eg bugs

Hehe, yeah. At least at this point of the game he's pulling his weight statwise.

I just realised the first Gym is Rock type, and as far as I can tell I'll only have Fiddle and Can'tdoit for the fight. Since I put Fiddle's evolution requirement up to five, I went ahead and did that then evolved him to a Kricketune. He learned Fury Cutter, which is completely useless since Fiddle suffers from permanent Torment (as all musicians do, I'm sure?).

I'm going to be pretty much relying on Bide for this fight, I think. Or perhaps Growl spam with Can'tdoit. Either way, this is going to be tough.

Edit: Stop the presses, Kricketune can learn Rock Smash! It may be awful, but it's a Fighting move. I'll take it. :D

Just wait till you get to Eterna! Lola will save you from all your troubles <3.
Can't wait, I love Buneary and Agility spamming is always fun :)

And can'tdoit makes new ones
I expect so, yes. All part of the fun!

Sweet, need just one more to get started. :)
Reserving a Pokémon for you. :)

Edit: Take a Magnemite called Snipe.

Now, anybody who's ever played a first person shooter knows that the sniper can be the most deadly force out there... assuming the player is accurate with its attacks. Snipe knows this, and intends to show the world it's no slouch when it comes to sniping its opponents with its powerful strikes.

Snipe must always know Lock-On (it learns it at level 32). Since Snipe is a sniper firing from long range, it may not use any moves with a listed 100% accuracy - that's just unrealistic. Furthermore, Snipe is a prideful marksman, and is ashamed of a missed attack. Snipe will therefore switch out if an attack misses, and will not show his face again in that battle.

Evolving Snipe into a Magneton requires evidence that it has truly mastered the art of sniping. To do this, it must solo ten Trainers without the assistance of Lock-On.

Hope that's of reasonable difficulty; can't decide if ten trainers is a bit much, so feel free to make it five if need be. Might be a little starved for attacks until you can grab the Thunder TM from Lilycove, but I imagine he'll be a real beast once you get that (or Zap Cannon!).

I just noticed that for EpicWin and OneHit1der, they both have Wallace soloing restrictions. Requesting a change from one of the two people to another GL to solo.

*fistpump*

I beat Roark! With a Piplup spamming Growl and a Tormented Kricketune!

Here's the current (extremely beaten-up) team:

Fiddle - Lv16 Adamant Kricketune
Moveset: Leech Life, Rock Smash, Bide, Growl

Can'tdoit - Lv17 Bold Piplup
Moveset: Pound, Growl, Peck, Water Sport

My strategy basically involved using Can'tdoit as a Growl spammer and a wall behind which I could heal Fiddle with Potions. Made for a lot of Stealth Rock damage, but Onix's Rock Throw at -6 dealt pathetic damage to Fiddle so I had plenty of time to heal up and get my own offences rolling. Rock Smash does a surprising amount of damage, and the meager recovery from Leech Life actually turned the tide for me; too many times I was left on critical HP from the Cranidos. It took plenty of attempts and plenty of wasted Potions, but I managed it.

A little overleveled for the first Gym, perhaps, but it was pretty much necessary. Fiddle was level 14 when I started (he learns Leech Life then), and I'd powered Can'tdoit up to 17 to make sure I wouldn't accidentally catch up. I was worried I'd have to do a lot more grinding than this to make it possible.

For the record, to comply with the rules I've locked off the use of Bide and Water Sport. They'll be replaced as soon as possible; I just don't have the movepool yet to do so. :p

Onwards!

*fistpump*

I beat Roark! With a Piplup spamming Growl and a Tormented Kricketune!

Here's the current (extremely beaten-up) team:

Fiddle - Lv16 Adamant Kricketune
Moveset: Leech Life, Rock Smash, Bide, Growl

Can'tdoit - Lv17 Bold Piplup
Moveset: Pound, Growl, Peck, Water Sport

My strategy basically involved using Can'tdoit as a Growl spammer and a wall behind which I could heal Fiddle with Potions. Made for a lot of Stealth Rock damage, but Onix's Rock Throw at -6 dealt pathetic damage to Fiddle so I had plenty of time to heal up and get my own offences rolling. Rock Smash does a surprising amount of damage, and the meager recovery from Leech Life actually turned the tide for me; too many times I was left on critical HP from the Cranidos. It took plenty of attempts and plenty of wasted Potions, but I managed it.

A little overleveled for the first Gym, perhaps, but it was pretty much necessary. Fiddle was level 14 when I started (he learns Leech Life then), and I'd powered Can'tdoit up to 17 to make sure I wouldn't accidentally catch up. I was worried I'd have to do a lot more grinding than this to make it possible.

For the record, to comply with the rules I've locked off the use of Bide and Water Sport. They'll be replaced as soon as possible; I just don't have the movepool yet to do so. :p

Onwards!
Remember that you can't use mist on anything weak to ice

It's not a damaging move, so technically it wouldn't be supereffective against Pokémon weak to Ice... but okay. It's fairly limited in its uses anyway. :p

I just noticed that for EpicWin and OneHit1der, they both have Wallace soloing restrictions. Requesting a change from one of the two people to another GL to solo.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, OneHit1der has to solo every trainer in both gyms excluding the gym leaders.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
...Sadly, My White Scramblocke that I started ages ago came to a crashing end yesterday at the E4...Even with Legends & whatnot, luck just wasn't on my side, & being constantly critted against...I had the mons, but not the luck or the motivation...Because of the disappointment, I just don't feel motivated to post a story, which I haven't posted in ages... :(

I may try the same Scramblocke again someday, but yeah...That said, I'm thinking about doing a solo run of White now, probably with a Tynamo or something, I haven't decided yet. What I want now is ideas of what to do a solo run with, maybe a Tynamo run? An Axew run? Something from Gen V? I want ideas now...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I was thinking more along the lines of a Gen V mon found mid-late game, since I do have the ability to trade, & this is why I like the idea of a Tynamo Run; I like the idea that it is skill orientated, where you have to put up with a crappy movepool for some time, & a bad Pokemon in general until it evolves. That, & I don't get to put any Egg Moves/TM's on it from birth. I'm not completely convinced about the suggestions so far, reasoning might be nice?

Oh alright thanks Endquote ^_^ It was my fault, I speed-read it. I probably would've noticed later XD

Anyways, I got started... and am having a hard time already. I did the beginning game things and caught EpicWin, then dumped my starter. I went and caught OneHit1der and fought the trainers on Route 102. Then I came to someone with a Tailow. I whited out. 5 times. x) I dumped all my items each time. (Although I didn't have any after the first time. XD) I went on through Petalburg woods with no problem, and now I'm wondering @Endquote... is 0 an even number? Does that mean I can't use non-full PP Grass moves on Roxanne? I was able to evolve EpicWin once after Petalburg woods. On my points for blitz (who I don't even own yet but i'll count the point system now) I have 9 from items used on others. (Although it's been reset 5 times. XD)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)