Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hate to kill your hype but white 2 is red cause reshiram's tail makes red fire, and balck 2 is blue cause zekrom's tail makes blue electricity.

NOTHING more.
No remake of some kinds to come yet.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
holy shit 300 ppl viewing this thread 9.9

also holy shit @ news games / formes

notice that there was no red or blue tint to the original black and white logos -- they were just black and white

really hoping this is going to be like gold and silver, with both johto and kanto in it

hopping over to hoenn after unova would be fantastic, and hit two birds with one stone on the remake/grey issue (heh isshu)

i also feel like including two regions in one would help to draw both unova and hoenn more cohesively into the pokemon universe
OR

you can choose within which region you start your adventure, because I really really want a complete R/S remake!

canno

formerly The Reptile
I'd hate to kill your hype but white 2 is red cause reshiram's tail makes red fire, and balck 2 is blue cause zekrom's tail makes blue electricity.

NOTHING more.
No remake of some kinds to come yet.
That would be the case, except if you look at it closer (website has a clearer picture) look, the Blue/Red part look like crystals as opposed to electricity and fire respectively (although this might be because of Kyurem Ice-typing, we can't say for sure)

Pokemon has Fusions now? Expect every corner of the internet to be posting more Pokemon/DBZ crossover jokes/art than ever.

On a design note, those things are just plain ugly. The designs are way too busy...I feel like GF is trying too hard to make them look badass.

Also, what Cubed said. I wonder why they changed the mascots around for this version(s)
Am I late, or has anyone else noticed that Zekrom/Kyurem and Reshiram/Kyurem is the mascot for Black 2 and White 2, respectively, the opposite of BW1?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I could see them adding the Emerald Battle Frontier to the post-game. There are also a few islands around the frontier according to the map in RSE so they could easily give access to Pokemon from Gens 1-4 by adding Sevii-ish islands located in Hoenn.

This just reminds me of the rumor that floated around pre-BW that said that you could fly to Hoenn from the Mistralton Airfield.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
The whole 3rd gen remake/BW sequal combination thing is an interesting idea. I'd be fine if they just made it possible to visit Hoenn after travelling through Unova though, like Johto/Kanto in 2nd gen. Not getting my hopes up about it though. For all we know the blue and red colours on the logos could be coincidence.

Also lol at the huge number of guests in this thread.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 305
Needs MOAR!
I'm excited about those 2 new games! And yay my old DS! Zekyu looks EPIC! And given that I'll release in June I doubt it will be Unova/Hoenn mix. (As much as I would love it)
Fu*k Yeah Masuda!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Flights to Hoenn, anyone ;)?

But seriously, az's suggestion of having both Hoenn and Isshu combined is really cool. Also, good catch on the legendary switch, Cubed. I wonder how it will play a role in the roles they play in game.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
quoted from facebook: "Black 2? White 2? what is this i dont even know. I have half a mind they named them this purely to troll the people expecting "gray." (aka everyone.) However, I have high hopes for this, because "2" usually signifies major improvements, and god knows BW needs those (plus, we were gonna buy it whether or not it had any improvements, so it was nice of nintendo to throw us a bone)"

I am very intrigued by these games. If these are sequels like they seem to be they could really change things up.

I mean they wouldn't make us pick a new starter or beat all the gyms again if they're using the same characters. It wouldn't make sense. We could start the game as the champion.

I'm very looking forward to details about these games

Wow this is exciting news! I like the whole fusion/sequel idea. It's much more interesting than simply having another legendary on the cover.

I've been hoping Black and White would recieve sequel games, and I'm especially glad that they decided to go with Black-2 and White-2. I'm not sure how I feel about the Kyurem forms, but the possibility of some Hoenn influences coming into play would be icing on the cake.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Also, good catch on the legendary switch, Cubed. I wonder how it will play a role in the roles they play in game.
Yeah Cubed that was well spotted actually. It makes sense given the way Black and White ended though.

In Black, N left with Zekrom. It therefore makes sense that the mascot in B2 would be Zekrom. It may well be N's Zekrom for all we know, with B2 continuing the story about N and Zekrom. Same goes for White, W2 and Reshiram.

So excited about this now. Totally going to buy both games. I bought Black and White so why wouldn't I buy B2 and W2 as well?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Update 3
Archaic on Bulbagarden just posted translations of Masuda's tweets throughout the day:

Translations of all Masuda's tweets on the subject this morning. Nothing new here, so we're not adding to the Bulbanews article.

https://twitter.com/#!/Junichi_Masuda/status/173534777398411264
Everyone, Pokémorning!!!! It's just about time for Pokémon Smash! To Start! Those of you who can't watch, keep an eye on these tweets!!! There will be an important announcement!!! (^^)/~~~

https://twitter.com/#!/Junichi_Masuda/status/173536168112168960
A universe first game announcement will be made!! Byt first, Pokémon Anime! Pokémon Library!! (girlish giggle)!

https://twitter.com/#!/Junichi_Masuda/status/173543044753272833
A universe first exhibition!!! Very soon, Game Freak's Masuda and a new Pokémon game announcement!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/Junichi_Masuda/status/173544047951093760
Hello!!!!! I will tweet!!

https://twitter.com/#!/Junichi_Masuda/status/173548862294859776
The time has come for the announcement!!! (^^)/~~~

https://twitter.com/#!/Junichi_Masuda/status/173550148381716480
Pokémon Smash! After the announcement, important news will be posted on Twitter!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/Junichi_Masuda/status/173550186658926592
This June, the latest Pocket Monster work will make its apperance!!!! The title is "Pocket Monster Black 2 - White 2" for the Nintendo DS!

https://twitter.com/#!/Junichi_Masuda/status/173552394662195200
Everyone, please welcome "Pocket Monster Black 2 - White 2"!!! It looks like the official Pokémon website has just been updated. Legendary Pokémon are making their apperance. Please check it out!!!! pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/

https://twitter.com/#!/Junichi_Masuda/status/173555282985758720
From the official account! RT @pok émon_cojp [Game]"Pocket Monster Black 2 - White 2" will be released simultaneously in June 2012. pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/ #pokemonB2W2 #pokemon
PS: If you have Twitter you should follow @SmogonU :)

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
notice that there was no red or blue tint to the original black and white logos -- they were just black and white

really hoping this is going to be like gold and silver, with both johto and kanto in it

hopping over to hoenn after unova would be fantastic, and hit two birds with one stone on the remake/grey issue (heh isshu)

i also feel like including two regions in one would help to draw both unova and hoenn more cohesively into the pokemon universe
yea this would be money well spent if they were to include both regions. the b/w versions can seem out of touch at times but traveling over to hoenn would be awesome and would bring a lot of things together.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I know this has been said before, but HOLY SHIT do those forms of Reshiram and Zekrom/Kyurem look bad ass.

And awesome how it's for DS for those people who can't get their hands on a 3DS.

I wouldn't be surprised if these were directly related to the Wii or Wii U considering how short the period of time was between Black and White to this June

Badass is, imo, the exact opposite of what these... things are. At least the Rotom "fusions" are aesthetically appealing... this is just... ew.

Also, just popping in to say that you all should stop hoping for new abilities that would make it super-Uber. Maybe they'll give it a pre-existing ability (like how Giratina-O got Levitate), but they can't create a new one mid-gen.

Oh yeah, if there's Hoenn, I will just explode with joy.

I don't think those are new Kyurem formes.
>Dem eyes
Perhaps Kyurem "dies" or something and Resh/Zek get new armor ar a held item. N is now a playable character.

edit: am i the only one who doesn't care about hoenn THAT much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)