Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who have been playing the gameboy advance since Ruby and Sapphire would be pretty pissed if the new pokemon game came out for the DS. You'd have to go and get a whole new handheld. And it's not like you can't play gameboy advance games on DS anyways. Everyone has access to it this way. No one is "missing out on sales" for the ds at all.

People who have been playing the gameboy since Red and Yellow would be pretty pissed if the new pokemon game came out for gameboy advance. You'd have to go and get a whole new handheld. And it's not like you can't play gameboy games on gameboy advance anyways. Everyone has access to it this way. No one is "missing out on sales" for the gameboy advance at all.

See what I did there?

That argument makes no sense. The DS is for all extensive purposes dead. Nintendo is pushing the 3ds. It's a more powerful machine with new potential for the series. Just because people are accustomed to something doesn't mean they shouldn't go in the proper direction. I'm not looking at it for a sales standpoint, but rather the standpoint of advancing pokemon as a series. The 3ds provides MUCH more potential than the DS and it's not like the 3ds is an unreasonable price. I'm pretty sure its only a little bit for expensive than the DS was in 2007 with the release of diamond and pearl. Moral of the story, shut up. Platforms evolve and new hardware is more powerful than the old. I'm sick of people being glad that this is on DS. This was a lazy thing on gamefreak's part as they are a first party nintendo development studio. They've had enough time with the 3ds hardware and should be using it effectively, not continuing to do something they are comfortable with. For those who are glad because it's on the DS, sure you can be, but a 3ds is a good purchase, it is a great system, and a pokemon game on 3ds would be a much better experience than on DS.

See, your argument might have worked if there was justification to get a 3ds outside of new pokemon/zelda games on it. There are essentially no significant titles for the 3ds whatsoever besides. The gameboy color to gameboy was a huge shift in graphics, the gameboy to ds was huge from the implementation of touch screen/2 screens and even more graphics and buttons. The ds to 3ds has slightly larger screen resolution and a 3d aspect that doesnt work unless you have the screen angled perfectly to your eyes. It's just safer and easier for everyone to have this new pokemon game ds compatible. Now if there's a huge new shift like pokemon gen 6, then it would make sense to see it in a new console.

Yes, but having it on the 3DS would mean more 3DS sales, and one 3DS is about 4 games. Plus, they're going to have to do it anyway.

I'll be disappointed if its not a 3DS game, or at least 3DS enhased.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
At least Freeze burn and freeze shock or whatever make sense now. Since they'll probably give the new legedaries those moves as STAB, their ice-typing probably wont go away. So they'll most likely by ice-fire or ice-electric.

Apparently I heard from someone that the hoenn music played during the announcement? somehow hinting at the game being in hoenn? I dunno

Didn't people use that same argument when b&w was announced and there was speculation it would be for 3ds?
It's game freaks baby and they can do whatever they want and release it for the ds or 3ds if they want to. Nintendo can say "we'd like it if you made this for the 3ds as it would boost sales for it" but game freak ultimately decides what it's going to be on.
Yes but black and white was too close to the release of the 3ds, making it a launch title. Which would have sold systems like crazy, but the final product would have suffered. B&W2 should have been on the 3ds, it's sloppy not to. And as stated before, pokemon is divided 3 ways. Game Freak, Creatures, and Nintendo. Nintendo is in direct control of creatures, with 2/3 control of the franchise, so nintendo has the final say. This was sloppy and lazy.

See, your argument might have worked if there was justification to get a 3ds outside of new pokemon/zelda games on it. There are essentially no significant titles for the 3ds whatsoever besides. The gameboy color to gameboy was a huge shift in graphics, the gameboy to ds was huge from the implementation of touch screen/2 screens and even more graphics and buttons. The ds to 3ds has slightly larger screen resolution and a 3d aspect that doesnt work unless you have the screen angled perfectly to your eyes. It's just safer and easier for everyone to have this new pokemon game ds compatible. Now if there's a huge new shift like pokemon gen 6, then it would make sense to see it in a new console.
The 3ds is significantly strong than the DS. There is NO comparison between the two systems. If you play a DS game and a 3ds game on the system, the advanced hardware will be shown. The 3d aspect is the "drawing point" but it is not the gimmick people believe it to be. 3d is implemented well in some games but the system can stand on it's own two feet perfectly fine. I hate that people think the 3ds is just a 3d nintendo ds, it's not. Its a completely different platform which is extremely, extremely powerful. The shift between the 3ds and ds is enough that you can make the same arguments for the gameboy-> gba -> ds. Just because you can't see a huge graphics improvement, which in this day in age is not an easy feat, doesn't mean the system isn't more powerful. The game cards hold more memory, the system can handle much more, the online component is much more present, there is so much going for the 3ds that not putting the game on the system is lazy design.

Reasons to get the system? All the 3d games on the shop which are really good. Metal Gear Solid 3, Resident Evil, Mario Kart and 3d land, Zelda OOT, Starfox 64, Kid Icarus next month, and a ton of games coming up. It's the same with any new system.

i know! id love to have a tutor in BW2! that would make more sets accesable to more pokes! but that would make gliscor really broken if his tutor move is roost (logic= toxic heal+roost).

and i agree skater trainer, this was just sloppy. no 3ds, no fun. it would be nice if they made this for the 3ds, and updated it with complete 3d structures, people, pokemon etc.im not saying like glasses 3d, more like minecraft 3d, but better.

also, i would like to add that fire/ice and electric/ice is not definite. i have heard no news outside of this forum about that. everyone else (reffering to people in real life), tell me about the types being dragon/ice.

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Stab bolt/beam Is going to be beast. Can't wait to here more announcements on the game.

The 3ds is significantly strong than the DS. There is NO comparison between the two systems. If you play a DS game and a 3ds game on the system, the advanced hardware will be shown. The 3d aspect is the "drawing point" but it is not the gimmick people believe it to be. 3d is implemented well in some games but the system can stand on it's own two feet perfectly fine. I hate that people think the 3ds is just a 3d nintendo ds, it's not. Its a completely different platform which is extremely, extremely powerful. The shift between the 3ds and ds is enough that you can make the same arguments for the gameboy-> gba -> ds. Just because you can't see a huge graphics improvement, which in this day in age is not an easy feat, doesn't mean the system isn't more powerful. The game cards hold more memory, the system can handle much more, the online component is much more present, there is so much going for the 3ds that not putting the game on the system is lazy design.

Reasons to get the system? All the 3d games on the shop which are really good. Metal Gear Solid 3, Resident Evil, Mario Kart and 3d land, Zelda OOT, Starfox 64, Kid Icarus next month, and a ton of games coming up. It's the same with any new system.
Well while you're complaining about how big of an idiot gamefreak was not to put blackwhite2 on the 3ds, I'm going to be enjoying my playthrough of blackwhite2 on my ds.

Was I the only person who saw new Kyurem forms, thought "Saw that coming" then saw the titles said aloud to myself "What the fuck, Pokemon Black and White 2?!"

This indicates sequels and continuations, not rehashes and alternate universes.

Wow Ice/Fire typing has amazing Grass and Ice resist. Yay.
For all those who are apparently oblivious, this was sarcasm.

Was I the only person who saw new Kyurem forms, thought "Saw that coming" then saw the titles said aloud to myself "What the fuck, Pokemon Black and White 2?!"
Nope. I was feeling the exact same thing. A lot of people were.

BTW, it is way too soon to speculate if Hoenn is going to be in this game, we will have to just wait and see. Which at the rate everything is revealing itself shouldn't take long at all. We might see gameplay pics next week for what I know.

Edit: We might see gameplay pics by tomorrow. O_o

@Tytus i did the SAME thing. And to all you haters at the SPECULATED typing since this is all SPECULATION im going to SPECULATE that maybe, JUST MAYBE they give the ice/fire one an ability that makes it immune to x4 supereffective moves. Just saying

Well while you're complaining about how big of an idiot gamefreak was not to put blackwhite2 on the 3ds, I'm going to be enjoying my playthrough of blackwhite2 on my ds.
You just sound stupid right now. You act as if I'm not going to play the game. I'm going to go out and buy both copies on day 1. I support nintendo and gamefreak because they make a series which I throughly enjoy. That doesn't mean I agree with their choices. I'm saying from the standpoint of a consumer, the fact that a company know they will still make money off of a game, that they will be lazy in the development to take the same exact engine they used 2 years ago on a system that has already reached it's end is lazy. From a development standpoint in makes sense. Take the same engine, same sprites, same locations, add in game specific events as well as pokemon, slap a one or two new features, sell millions of copies. What I'm arguing is the fact that they shouldn't be lazy in their design. They have a brand new system which they probably have had for going on 2-3 years since they are an in house development team. Just because they are having difficulties with the platform doesn't mean we shouldn't expect more of them. They should take this platform, which would increase the power and scope of their game and use it to the potential that they as a talented studio can do. But no, they are sticking with what they know, and while that is the safe way to do it, it's lazy and as someone who enjoys the 3ds and it's potential, gamefreak totally ignoring this opportunity is insulting as a fan of the series for so long. That being said, I'm still buying the game. Am I a sheep? Probably, but at the end of the day, I enjoy the product they product and me not buying the copy will not effect them in anyway. I'm vocalizing my opinion so more people see it and think for themselves too. Not go with the lazy easy way out of saying "yes it's for DS now I don't have to buy a 3ds" but rather being slightly disappointed that the series is missing an opportunity to evolve past it's current state.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I personally think they should sell it for both. It benefits the sales of the game because people unwilling to buy the 3DS will be able to buy it, while people with 3DS will enjoy an awesome immersive experience. Its a win-win situation for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)