Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just sound stupid right now. You act as if I'm not going to play the game. I'm going to go out and buy both copies on day 1. I support nintendo and gamefreak because they make a series which I throughly enjoy. That doesn't mean I agree with their choices. I'm saying from the standpoint of a consumer, the fact that a company know they will still make money off of a game, that they will be lazy in the development to take the same exact engine they used 2 years ago on a system that has already reached it's end is lazy. From a development standpoint in makes sense. Take the same engine, same sprites, same locations, add in game specific events as well as pokemon, slap a one or two new features, sell millions of copies. What I'm arguing is the fact that they shouldn't be lazy in their design. They have a brand new system which they probably have had for going on 2-3 years since they are an in house development team. Just because they are having difficulties with the platform doesn't mean we shouldn't expect more of them. They should take this platform, which would increase the power and scope of their game and use it to the potential that they as a talented studio can do. But no, they are sticking with what they know, and while that is the safe way to do it, it's lazy and as someone who enjoys the 3ds and it's potential, gamefreak totally ignoring this opportunity is insulting as a fan of the series for so long. That being said, I'm still buying the game. Am I a sheep? Probably, but at the end of the day, I enjoy the product they product and me not buying the copy will not effect them in anyway. I'm vocalizing my opinion so more people see it and think for themselves too. Not go with the lazy easy way out of saying "yes it's for DS now I don't have to buy a 3ds" but rather being slightly disappointed that the series is missing an opportunity to evolve past it's current state.
The new games will have 3DS compatible systems, which I'm hope being semi 3D sprites and battlefields that have some depth to them. Also, I'm hoping that they finally fix the Wifi and use a new multiplayer system if the 3DS is the platform of choice. IDK about anyone else, but the friendcode system that is currently in use since 2006 is really just old, obsolete, and inefficient. Especially compared to other gaming platforms that we have now.

I think the reason why they chose the DS over the 3DS was so that the games can link together in a compatible fashion ONLINE. There must be different online coding for DS and 3DS games, and to make BW and BW2 compatible with each other through the network, they had to make BW2 for the DS.

I personally think they should sell it for both. It benefits the sales of the game because people unwilling to buy the 3DS will be able to buy it, while people with 3DS will enjoy an awesome immersive experience. Its a win-win situation for everyone.
In that case, they would need to add new 3D features of some sort to the 3DS versions so they aren't the exact equivalent of playing the DS game in the 3DS. That would take more time and resources, and it seems that they wanted to get this game out pretty quickly.

The new games will have 3DS compatible systems, which I'm hope being semi 3D sprites and battlefields that have some depth to them. Also, I'm hoping that they finally fix the Wifi and use a new multiplayer system if the 3DS is the platform of choice. IDK about anyone else, but the friendcode system that is currently in use since 2006 is really just old, obsolete, and inefficient. Especially compared to other gaming platforms that we have now.

I think the reason why they chose the DS over the 3DS was so that the games can link together in a compatible fashion ONLINE. There must be different online coding for DS and 3DS games, and to make BW and BW2 compatible with each other through the network, they had to make BW2 for the DS.
Still while it may have 3ds enabled features, they miss the boat with it's full potential which is sloppy design.

Too lazy to read all 9 pages so this may have already been asked, but I have a question:

If the legend in Black and White says that Reshiram and Zerkrom came from the same dragon, why the hell does Kyurem have TWO new forms??? If you ask me, it should have 1 form that is based on/ a combination of all 3 (heck yeah, quadruple typing- Dragon/Electric/Fire/Ice)

I personally think they should sell it for both. It benefits the sales of the game because people unwilling to buy the 3DS will be able to buy it, while people with 3DS will enjoy an awesome immersive experience. Its a win-win situation for everyone.
The only problem I see with that is, would they have enough time to make everything 3D-compatible? They've only had about a year and a half since the release of Black and White 1, and seeing how much they usually change between games, I'm not sure they'd be able to do that once for each console. Going the way they are right now is their best bet, but yes, if time and money weren't as big of issues for them, I say that would be the way coolest thing.

I never thought a fusion Pokemon would ever happen. Shows that Pokemon changed quiet a bit. It's like if Gen V is the breaker of Pokemon rules. Where they've introduced so many things that were "against the Pokemon game design rules." This is another example, and it's probably going to be the first Pokemon with 3 types. That Zekrom forme I suspect will be an Electric/Ice/Dragon type and the Reshiram forme to be Fire/Ice/Dragon. So that's when things get very interesting. A Pokemon with 3 STABs!? A Legendary on top of everything!? That's madness!? And it is, I honestly never saw this coming.

As for their looks, I think they look amazing. I don't think they look bad at all, and I think they look really cool.

But all this does break something that's not the rules, but more like a plot hole. I thought that Zekrom and Reshiram were once 1 Pokemon, but it split apart and left Kyurem. So now what? I really thought that it was going to be the forme when Zekrom and Reshiram were combined, aka the original forme, but instead we get this and now I'm confused.

If the legend in Black and White says that Reshiram and Zerkrom came from the same dragon, why the hell does Kyurem have TWO new forms??? If you ask me, it should have 1 form that is based on/ a combination of all 3 (heck yeah, quadruple typing- Dragon/Electric/Fire/Ice)
Quadruple typing is terrifying.
Imagine Ice/Bug/Flying/Fire.
If it switched into Stealth Rock, it would die.

Quadruple typing is terrifying.
Imagine Ice/Bug/Flying/Ice.
If it switched into Stealth Rock, it would die.
You can probably drop the second ice, by the whale. Bug/Flying already takes 50% from rocks. You don't have to beat the mon once 'e's dead.

To all suggesting triple or -shudders- quadruple typing, please stfu. There's theorymon, and then there's LOLOLOLOL THIS WOULD BE SOOOOOO COOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!1111!!111!

Also, its the first time this game has been announced. Changes WILL be made, and you're a fool to think otherwise, so can we all stop acting like its set in stone?

Third, why is there a problem if they make everything 3D? You don't mean... they'll... release the game... ON A DIFFERENT DATE WHEN THEY FIRST ANNOUNCED?! OH ARCEUS PLEASE DELIVER US FROM THIS EVIL!

I never thought a fusion Pokemon would ever happen. Shows that Pokemon changed quiet a bit. It's like if Gen V is the breaker of Pokemon rules. Where they've introduced so many things that were "against the Pokemon game design rules." This is another example, and it's probably going to be the first Pokemon with 3 types. That Zekrom forme I suspect will be an Electric/Ice/Dragon type and the Reshiram forme to be Fire/Ice/Dragon. So that's when things get very interesting. A Pokemon with 3 STABs!? A Legendary on top of everything!? That's madness!? And it is, I honestly never saw this coming.

As for their looks, I think they look amazing. I don't think they look bad at all, and I think they look really cool.

But all this does break something that's not the rules, but more like a plot hole. I thought that Zekrom and Reshiram were once 1 Pokemon, but it split apart and left Kyurem. So now what? I really thought that it was going to be the forme when Zekrom and Reshiram were combined, aka the original forme, but instead we get this and now I'm confused.
Well, yes, that's what happened in the past. Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem were once a single being yes? And if this Pokemon had the ability to split itself, isn't it possible that it can also fuze itself back together? Maybe either Reshiram/Zekrom sucks Kyruem back up, and makes a Pokemon that is stronger than any single member of the trio, but lesser than the original one? It wouldn't really invalidate the legend.

Actually, I think their physical asymmetry supports this. It's an unbalanced, incomplete being without the third member included.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted