Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

Dragon Tail and other phasing moves only have the kind of effects you're talking about on the target of the move. So if you had Disabled one of your opponents moves and then used Dragon Tail then it would remove the disable on them (providing it is Switch=KO).

However if you used Volt Switch or U-Turn then you would get all the phazing effects on yourself.

When a mon evolves, does it automatically gain moves up to a certain level? Or do they only come from MCs that that mon has collected before Evo?

Can Future Sight be used twice in one round?

If so, why? Future Sight can't stack in-cartridge, and even though this is ASB, aren't we trying to stick as close to the cartridge as possible?

Looking at Future Sight's DAT description, I reckon it could be used twice in one round, but the effects would not stack so doing so would be pointless. I think the same would hold true for other moves whose effect is delayed until the first action of the next round, like Wish and Yawn.

My, team hasn't been approved yet but since I plan on using unown...

If unown uses Two different types of hidden power in a combo to get both effects (ie bug + dragon) how is the final type chosen, or do I get to choose??

At the start of the battle, you will post its new profile (with upgraded stats, sprite,pre-25 moves, etc)

It will then be in the battle as a Starmie. After the battle, claim your Starmie as it was in that first evolution post. This will take 20 Energy to do so, though.

@SubwayJ: You choose.

Two questions:
1. Following up from the Future Sight question earlier, if the opponent uses Future Sight on action 2 of round 1 and action 1 of round 2, is it considered stacking?

2. In a switch = OK match, can you counter-switch after an opponent's Pokemon faints?

@1: I wouldn't think so. The wording is that Future Sight happens at the end of the first action of the following round, so the second use would just cause another Future Sight to happen next round.

@2: Its not so much a counter switch. The person who has to send in a replacement mon does so, and then if they are not the ones ordering first then the opposing player has the opportunity to initiate a switch phase just like any other turn where they would be ordering first. If Player B chooses to do this then Player A also gets the option to counterswitch and should they choose to do so then I have mostly seen it reffed that the mon they initially chose to send out was essentially never sent out, and hence doesn't take hazard damage and the like.

That sounded convoluted but so are most facets of ASB switching..

I've got two questions:
1. Can you have more than one of a Pokemon species?
2. I just place a claim for a Revenankh, and the data thread says its DW ability is Infiltrator, however, ate profile of MrcRanger97 says its DW ability is Mummy. Which is it?

Do substitutions count for a given attack as well as the combined version of the attack? (For instance, Blaziken is ordered to use Sky Uppercut if Ponyta uses Bounce and Ponyta uses Bounce + Bounce)

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do substitutions count for a given attack as well as the combined version of the attack? (For instance, Blaziken is ordered to use Sky Uppercut if Ponyta uses Bounce and Ponyta uses Bounce + Bounce)
Oof that's some awkward phrasing you have there. I interpret the question to be this:

Orders said:
Blaziken! Eat ~ Drink ~ Be Merry!
If Ponyta uses Bounce, use Sky Uppercut!
Other orders said:
I am a fool! Bounce + Bounce ~ Cool ~ Cry
Then yes, the substitution would activate. It would also have been activated by Bounce + a different move.

I would like a slight clarification on the Move Metronome:

Ok, I know that I have to select 10 moves that the Meronome user does not know, but how does it go about?

I have heard that the tem moves must be different types. I have also heard that they must all be of the same type.

Which is it? I am a little confused >.>

Each must be a different type. BTW, the DAT is your friend:
DAT said:
Metronome: The Pokémon waves its arms back and forth until they glow white, stimulating its brain into using a random move. The User selects 10 moves, each of which has a 10% chance of occurring.

Metronome cannot select a move the user already knows.

Metronome can only select a maximum of one move from any type.

Metronome cannot select Assist, Copycat, Counter, Covet, Destiny Bond, Detect, Endure, Feint, Focus Punch, Follow Me, Helping Hand, Me First, Metronome, Mimic, Mirror Coat, Mirror Move, Protect, Quick Guard, Sketch, Sleep Talk, Snatch, Struggle, or Wide Guard.

Metronome will incur a consecutive energy cost penalty either if it is used consecutively (even if summoning different potential attacks) or if one of the attacks it summoned is used consecutively.

Attack Power: -- | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost 7 + Energy Cost of summoned move | Attack Type: Other | Effect Chance: -- | Contact: No | Typing: Normal | Priority: 0 | CT: None

Ok somewhere there is a post listing the Bonuses recieved for using Pokemon with complete movepools.
But I can't for the life of me find it.
Does anyone know where it is?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)