BW OU Lysergic Acid Diethylamide - Team by Stone_Cold and Alice

What about an acrobatics gliscor? The threats you listed for your gliscor specifically can be handled by lilligant, and although you stated that you dont want threat suggestions, what about a guts conkeldurr?

You can delete this post, but I'm just curious as to how you would handle that.
Guts Conkeldurr is toxic stalled by Gliscor.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Making good sun teams is a skill I do not have, and I commend you two for having this skill. The only change I would make is give Ninetales Fire Blast to be able to hit walls like Hippowdon and Gliscor harder, but meh, personal preference.

Also, this should be the theme song for this team:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt7AF2RCMhg

Alice

The worst taste in music
What about an acrobatics gliscor? The threats you listed for your gliscor specifically can be handled by lilligant, and although you stated that you dont want threat suggestions, what about a guts conkeldurr?

You can delete this post, but I'm just curious as to how you would handle that.

CB terra eats both of them for breakfast (probably need an adamant one to have a better chance tho)

in case you were wondering, durr needs to be at +2 to ohko terra with mach punch, and band Adamant CC does around 80% to +1def in return

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
This is an amazing team, great job on that. I can see a Mamoswine giving this team some trouble, but I can't suggest much to help with the problem.

I'm curious as to how you play around Terrakion

Do you just try to stall it out of stone edges?

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Terra doesn't spam Stone Edge much tbh. Im so offensive that it doesn't really get the chance. I mentioned I often eagerly sacrifice Ninetales, and that's an instance where i can just sac, then go to lilligant in sun, or sub w/ scor.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I like the part where Stone Cold posts a Sun team and no one gives him crap for not running a spinner. You would be hard pressed to find another Sun-based OU RMT that doesn't have a rater somewhere spouting off the "necessity" of a spinner. This comment isn't meant to bash Stone's team in any way. Just pointing out that it's fully possible to create a Sun team that doesn't need to get rid of entry hazards (and then goes on to get 80+ luvdiscs)!

Stone, you know I love your teams. Reflections was an absolute joy to read (I partially credit the high rise in Jolteon and Dugtrio due to your work). I've always had a soft spot for Sun teams; I'm glad to see you've worked with one with such great success. Perhaps we'll see Lilligant and Sub Hydreigon making a similar move. Needless to say, well done!

Alice

The worst taste in music
how do you beat rain stall?
CB terra and lilly lay great pressure on it. Toed will be hard pressed to switch out every time terra shows its ugly face, and the legendary musketeer has the potential to 2hko any opposing poke. Of course it takes prediction and clever double switching, but this fact alone makes tales life a little bit easier, thus adding the pressure over weather wars. Once certain pokes are weakened enough, then lilly can go town.

EDIT: once skarm is gone, subgliscor can troll rain stall hard :P

I'm currently running sun as well as lilligant and terra lion (although the Scarf variant) and I was about to give up on sun because I hate venusaur so much and I thought he was pretty much required on sun teams. Then I saw this posted. Didn't read just saw it posted. Laddered a bit and then checked the forum again and saw you shiny golden luvdisk. Then I read the team. Wow. Just wow. This team does what any player wants to do. Use uncommon pokes to befuddle and astound the opponent. Thanks you for inspiring me to continues frolicking in the sun.

Btw hydra is such a great idea and gives me reason to hour hail hydra at my roommates who always bash him.

Hail Hydra!!
Lilligant for OU!!

Hi,

Nice team, couple of things. You could try running a spread of 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd Modest on Ninetales to outspeed Mamoswine and make him a lesser threat. At the expense of a little bulk, you practically removed a major threat to your entire team. While it may be very obvious and basically cause a switch, it still helps put pressure on the opponent and gain momentum for your team.

Secondly, HP Ice seems to be a great option on Lilligant to alleviate your Landorus issues. EB Landorus or even LO Landorus are without a doubt the biggest pain for this team, and even someone with zero prediction can trouble this team when coupled with Tyranitar or the likes. It does lose a bit of coverage against things like Skarmory, Scizor (Steels in general) but Sun teams face very little trouble dispatching of those. It also helps against Dragonite and Gliscor which can also be threats to this team, especially late game.

Apart from that this is a stellar team and congrats on that. Luvdisc

Alice

The worst taste in music
Hi,

Nice team, couple of things. You could try running a spread of 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd Modest on Ninetales to outspeed Mamoswine and make him a lesser threat. At the expense of a little bulk, you practically removed a major threat to your entire team if played correctly.

Secondly, HP Ice seems to be a great option on Lilligant to alleviate your Landorus issues. EB Landorus or even LO Landorus are without a doubt a major pain for this team, and even someone with zero prediction can trouble this team when coupled with Tyranitar or the likes. It does lose a bit of coverage against things like Skarmory, Scizor (Steels in general) but Sun teams face very little trouble dispatching of those. Apart from that this is a stellar team and congrats on that.
Tales suggestion can be productive, thanks.

On the other hand, hp ice is a gamble; you check some things and get new weaknesses. EB and LO landorus aren't really why I'd considerate to switch to hp ice, BUT dragons; anyway, if sun is up EB landorus can be beaten by lilly; it it's not then it gets trickier, but she can get the job done as none of its unboosted attacks (bar crit-hits of course -.-) koes her, thus getting a chance to setup OR sleep an opposing poke, providing the given landorus decides to u-turn out (which is most likely). So it's not like she doesn't stand a chance, and even if working in tandem with t-tar, I doubt he wants to get asleep if tales is still roaming around. Now, with hp fire, on the same scenario, lilly could grab a sweep easier with hp, standing a chance to catch scizor on the switchin (because I doubt t-tar or any other grass neutral/weak mon wants to stay in to replenish lilly's health), getting past skarm and ferro, and so on.
Hp ice, on the other hand, doesn't really accomplish anything; if lilly's under sand landorus can escape and dent her in the same way as mentioned before, but she then gets walled and owned by scizor or any other steel poke (which are too common on landorus teams). And unboosted giga-drain does around 65% to standard landorus, maybe even more due to the -spdef nature most run (especially EB and LO), so with some prior damage lilly can easily finish him under sun without the need of hp ice.

Pretty cool team you guys made. I've seen Stone used in on PO a couple times and it does really well against a majority of different teams.

Btw didn't really like the music of choice. Different taste lol.

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
I remember you using this team for the indigo tournament and said after the game that CM latias(dragon pulse/cm/recover/refresh) was the nemesis of your team at the moment where your oppenement managed to avoid having his latias asleep. Really nice team but i would really consider to try again roar on heatran as latias really doesn't have problems to set-up on your team and to sweep all of it, gg though, i like the use of lilligant !

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I LOVE LILLIGANT!!

And yeah, more people should lay off the Healing Wish set and come back to the good old Quiver Dance. I've actually made a team similar to this, but this one seems to be more complete. Well done.

And that Lilligant art = instant luvdisc (SO PRETTY!!)

I love teams that use Hydreigon, because I feel like he doesn't get enough play. I love the team overall, though. Liligant is great, and I basically try to use her on every Sun team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)