The Regeneration Game

An idea I had for a new team that I thought would be rather effective, and from what testing I've done it seems to be, but I am really only a beginner in competitive battling so any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. So here goes:

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Regenerator
Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spe , 4 HP
Fake Out
Drain Punch
U-Turn
Protect

This is the reason I built this team, the combination of Fake Out, U-Turn, Life Orb and Regenerator seemed promising and turned out to be so, a life orb powered up U Turn and Fake Out does a surprising amount of damage and after using U Turn regenerator gives him back the health he lost due to life orb at which point he can repeat this process when he comes back out.

Whimsicott @ Mental Herb
Prankster
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 D
Calm
Tailwind
Encore
Helping Hand
Sunny Day
Setting up tailwind, that is the main reason Whimsicott is in this team helping Mienshao outpace the competition and leave the field and get the HP boost as quickly as possible. This of course means priority attacks can be a big problem so encore can be used to lock opposing pokemon into different moves, Helping Hand can be used to power up one of its partners attacks if no other support is needed, and sunny day is to stop rain and sandstorm teams. Mental herb protects him from being taunt bait and if someone does try and taunt her the next turn she will switch out until that pokemon is KO'ed.

Rotom W @ Sitrus Berry
Levitate
252 HP, 252 SpA,4 SpD
Modest
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Protect
Shadow Ball

Getting Mienshao back out to repeat the process would be restricted by the fact it is dangerous switching pokemon and wastes a turn when you could be attacking so a pokemon with either u turn or volt switch was needed and having u turn on two pokemon seemed foolish. However using volt switch brought an issue in as much as I could mot switch out against ground types so a water stab was a big bonus. Also shadow ball hits ghost types who resist u turn and are immune to fake out, protect is a move that should be on most pokemon (but few in my team :\)

Porygon 2 @ Eviolite
Trace
252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 SpD
Modest
Ice Beam
Tri Attack
Recover
Trick Room

Porygon2 is included for many reasons, firstly my team requires quite heavily on speed so it runs trick room to counter fellow trick roomers by which time I will have hopefully KO'ed the trick roomer. He is also extremely bulky so I can easily switch into it after a u turn or volt switch at which point it can take a hit and unleash a surprising amount of damage due to its surprisingly offensive moveset. I chose recover over protect because of its bulk meaning it can normally take the hits in the turn it would protect and increase its HP to above the original level when it recovers.

Latios@White Herb
Levitate
252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4HP
Modest
Draco Meteor
Psychic
Hidden Power (Fire)
Protect

Here for one reason and one reason only POWER!! He has incredible speed and special attack, making him an incredible special sweeper aided from whimsicott's tailwind support. He has attacks of three different types, all of which are unique to latios on my team and two of them get STAB making him very useful. White Herb allows him to get two full powered Draco Meteors out or use one Draco Meteor and still be able to use his other attacks at full power.

Gliscor@Flying Gem
Hyper Cutter
252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Spe
Adamant
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Acrobatics
Protect

My team seemed fairly unbalanced towards the special side of things, with 3 special attackers and 1 physical attacker and so another was required. It also seemed rather silly to, on a team with two pokemon with levitate, not have a pokemon with earthquake and so with that in mind I welcomed Gliscor to the squad. Keeping in mind he was to be a physical attacking pokemon in doubles earthquake and rock slide were obvious choices, protect is always a good thing and acrobatics gives him another STAB of a type not used anywhere else in my team.

So there it is again please give any comments/suggestions you see fit and thanks for taking the time to read this RMT, Birdy94

Mienshao should run Protect over Rock Slide, in case he has to stall for a turn while Whimsy sets up Tailwind, and the opponent has a faster Fake Out user. Your Mienshao doesn't function well outside of TR because of no speed EVs, even after max HP it isn't terrifically bulky. A steel type somewhere on the team could replace someone else, they make excellent switch ins for Mienshao. The team has 3 weaknesses to Ice, and while Mienshao does counter them well, it is still a serious issue if he goes down. Trace tends to be better then Analytic on porygon2, especially if you pick up an immunity granting ability. And because of Tailwind, you would be even more likely to go first and thus have Analytic doing nothing. Latios could run Psychic over Psyshock, the Fighting types it may be used on almost always have less SpDef anyways. This team looks to rely heavily on Tailwind

Mienshao should run Protect over Rock Slide, in case he has to stall for a turn while Whimsy sets up Tailwind, and the opponent has a faster Fake Out user. Your Mienshao doesn't function well outside of TR because of no speed EVs, even after max HP it isn't terrifically bulky. A steel type somewhere on the team could replace someone else, they make excellent switch ins for Mienshao. The team has 3 weaknesses to Ice, and while Mienshao does counter them well, it is still a serious issue if he goes down. Trace tends to be better then Analytic on porygon2, especially if you pick up an immunity granting ability. And because of Tailwind, you would be even more likely to go first and thus have Analytic doing nothing. Latios could run Psychic over Psyshock, the Fighting types it may be used on almost always have less SpDef anyways. This team looks to rely heavily on Tailwind
Ok I made the changes you suggested and changed mienshao's hp ev's to speed, would you suggest swapping Gliscor for a steel type, one that can still learn earthquake

Yea, the problem with Gliscor is that Flying STAB is neat, but you can't have a very good one if you also use Toxic Orb in conjunction with Poison Heal. Metagross maybe, he can tank things that hit Mienshao super effectively. As it stands, Fake Out is the teams only priority so Metagross will be helpful with his Bullet Punch

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Format note: it would make things a lot easier if you could scale down some of the pictures, because it's hard to keep track of everything when it's spread across half a dozen pages.

Heatran might be an option - with two Ground immunities and a resist, you have plenty of options to switch to if something threatens it, it still has Ground coverage of its own with Earth Power, and a strong Fire move is great in this metagame. It'd also give you the option of taking HP Fire off of Latios, so you don't lose all the speed ties.

Format note: it would make things a lot easier if you could scale down some of the pictures, because it's hard to keep track of everything when it's spread across half a dozen pages.

Heatran might be an option - with two Ground immunities and a resist, you have plenty of options to switch to if something threatens it, it still has Ground coverage of its own with Earth Power, and a strong Fire move is great in this metagame. It'd also give you the option of taking HP Fire off of Latios, so you don't lose all the speed ties.
The problem with Heatran is I really need a physical attacker, hopefully if I come across another latios tailwind or fake out could help me out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)