5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't think you'll be able to do that since I believe WNPCs start moving when the seasons screen shows up, moment at which you still have no control over your character. I'm not sure tough.
This is true. It is impossible to stop the NPCs from moving completely. They have already moved by the time you get the chance to open the menu.

This is true. It is impossible to stop the NPCs from moving completely. They have already moved by the time you get the chance to open the menu.
Well that makes this kind of frustrating. I wish I could actually have some solid idea of where the frame is starting for me so I could advance accordingly but the NPCs make it so that I can't actually determine if I am even hitting my seed or not because they advance it randomly. Does anyone have any tips or ideas I could use to be able to fix this problem I am having so that I could make it easier for RNGing eggs in the future?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just hit your seed, pick up the egg without doing any advancements (or if you're feeling lucky, try to hit your target frame minus 4 or so), figure out what frame you landed on after the NPCs, then reset and hit your seed again using whatever you found as your new starting frame.

Just hit your seed, pick up the egg without doing any advancements (or if you're feeling lucky, try to hit your target frame minus 4 or so), figure out what frame you landed on after the NPCs, then reset and hit your seed again using whatever you found as your new starting frame.
Through experimentation of my own I found that the easiest way to hit a seed without actually having to use a chatot is by having a target frame be 4 frames away from the starting frame since the most common number of frames the npc advances by itself is 4. So that makes it about 10 times easier for rnging eggs in the future since I don't have to worry about how many the frames are advanced by. Thanks for your guys help.

On the newest version of RNG Report, I noticed that the nature characteristics (i.e. Somewhat vain) have disappeared next to each seed.

To my understanding, the only way to effectively RNG an egg is to use the characteristic as a reference. In other words, I would use the characteristic to narrow down my possibilities without having to guess-and-check my egg every time.

Regardless, my question is that how will I know if I hit the right seed without the assistance of a Pokemon's characteristic? Are there other ways to determine my seed without the characteristic?

I probably worded my question very poorly; I apologize in advance.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Right click on any frame ->Display Parents in search -> Insert all IVs manually. ->Click ok!

That will make characteristics to appear :3

Frame 58 does show up shiny, so if you hit your target PID frame then it should be shiny.

But I notice that there are several other Jolly frames for you seed; are you sure you hit the right one? Also, did you calibrate for your starting PID frame correctly? Maybe you did the wrong amount of PID advancements.
Hey, I don't know what went wrong. I tried it over again with a new seed and it worked fine. Thanks for the encouragement!

Hey, I don't know what went wrong. I tried it over again with a new seed and it worked fine. Thanks for the encouragement!
Oh, that's strange. By "new seed" do you mean a new ID/SID seed or a new IV seed?

Anyways, glad you were successful :)

Hey I think someone mentioned a few pages earlier about the international breeding ivs were messed up but I wanted to know in what way because I wanted to breed some shinies and I need to know whats going on with that.

I have done a bunch of searches, but have not gotten a definitive answer. My question is trying to RNG surf spot or dust clouds. What is the proper way to do it? I assume if I save next to a spot, the spot won't be there when I load back in. I saw something about a 320 step counter or something, but maybe someone a bit more experienced could be able to answer for me? Help?

On the newest version of RNG Report, I noticed that the nature characteristics (i.e. Somewhat vain) have disappeared next to each seed.

To my understanding, the only way to effectively RNG an egg is to use the characteristic as a reference. In other words, I would use the characteristic to narrow down my possibilities without having to guess-and-check my egg every time.

Regardless, my question is that how will I know if I hit the right seed without the assistance of a Pokemon's characteristic? Are there other ways to determine my seed without the characteristic?

I probably worded my question very poorly; I apologize in advance.
after getting the egg go to victory road and catch a pokemon by sweet scent and check its ivs.in the main window choose method iv(standard)seed,and encounter type wild pokemon.and starting frame to 1.then generate.if the ivs of your pokemon just caught matches the ivs of one of the frames 14-20 you hit your seed.go ahead and hatch your egg and determine the pid frame you hit normaly.if you didnt hit your seed (no matches) then retry hiting your seed

Hey I think someone mentioned a few pages earlier about the international breeding ivs were messed up but I wanted to know in what way because I wanted to breed some shinies and I need to know whats going on with that.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4108899&postcount=12655

Hi guys. I have tried to do Entralink PID Abuse, but I haven't even hitted my standard seed. I know my parameters, but I don't think I hit anything even close.
My C-Gear seeds target time is 15:31:44 with Delay of 4602. I need to soft reset my game at 15:31:24. Date of my seed is 1/1/2012.
My MAC Adress is 0019FD7E0B71.
I have tried to find what seed im hitting 3 times in Victory Road Sweet Scenting as soon as I get in game, without putting C-Gear on. I have gotten lvl 39 Deino, IVs 29 / 15 / 5 / 20 / 9 / 22, Timid nature. I have found nothing that matches the IVs.
I have checked that my date and time are right on my DS, and they are.
I have done all this with Soft Resetting. My earlier parameters were without Soft Resetting!

My old parameters are these (without SRing)
Actual Seconds: +1
VCount: 60
Timer0: C7C
GxStat: 6 (Pretty obvious)
VFrame: 8

And im using DS Lite and english Pokemon Black. If you can help me thanks!

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hi guys. I have tried to do Entralink PID Abuse, but I haven't even hitted my standard seed. I know my parameters, but I don't think I hit anything even close.
My C-Gear seeds target time is 15:31:44 with Delay of 4602. I need to soft reset my game at 15:31:24. Date of my seed is 1/1/2012.
My MAC Adress is 0019FD7E0B71.
I have tried to find what seed im hitting 3 times in Victory Road Sweet Scenting as soon as I get in game, without putting C-Gear on. I have gotten lvl 39 Deino, IVs 29 / 15 / 5 / 20 / 9 / 22, Timid nature. I have found nothing that matches the IVs.
I have checked that my date and time are right on my DS, and they are.
I have done all this with Soft Resetting. My earlier parameters were without Soft Resetting!

My old parameters are these (without SRing)
Actual Seconds: +1
VCount: 60
Timer0: C7C
GxStat: 6 (Pretty obvious)
VFrame: 8

And im using DS Lite and english Pokemon Black. If you can help me thanks!
It would be much easier to help you if you posted the exact seed you were trying to hit.

If you're trying Extralink you have to do CGear seeds not Standard seeds. To test it out you'd have to turn on the CGear and then catch a Pokemon and see what IVs you get. I think you're confused and thinking you need to hit Standard and then CGear, you actually pick one of the two and do either or.

I didn't know what seed I was going to hit. And with Entralink PID you need to know your standard and C-Gear seed. So I was testing what standard seed im hitting, but I didn't find anything.

Hi, I was going for a shiny seed using on the RNG reporter and I hit my seed and the pokemon has the exact ivs and nature as its supposed to but for some reason its just not shiny. What could cause this to happen and how do I fix it so I can breed shinies properly?

Hi, I was going for a shiny seed using on the RNG reporter and I hit my seed and the pokemon has the exact ivs and nature as its supposed to but for some reason its just not shiny. What could cause this to happen and how do I fix it so I can breed shinies properly?
Did you enter your ID/SID correctly? Also I am not sure if the newest RNG Reporter fixed this, but you have to enter your ID/SID in the main window of the Reporter for it to account for it.

Did you enter your ID/SID correctly? Also I am not sure if the newest RNG Reporter fixed this, but you have to enter your ID/SID in the main window of the Reporter for it to account for it.
Welp that explains it I still had my ID and SID in for my Pokemon Platinum game. Wish it had been shiny because I hit the seed. Oh well just have to find another one.

check whether the required lead is cute charm.if yes you will not have a shiny for that frame without a cute charm lead

I was wondering, I was looking over Wondercard iv spreads and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot with straight good ivs and it becomes even harder if you are looking for a specific nature. Is there any way to get more good iv spreads for Wondercards or am I stuck with what I have?

does anybody know whether the event reshiram and zekrom that will be distributed tomorrow will use the "wondercard" or the "GLAN wondercard" method?
their gender is "locked" in a certain sense, but... boh.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Welp that explains it I still had my ID and SID in for my Pokemon Platinum game. Wish it had been shiny because I hit the seed. Oh well just have to find another one.
Don't worry about it too much, hitting seeds in 5th gen is easy. Not like when I did my first 4th gen RNG - spent about two hours trying to hit the seed, landed on a frame nowhere near my target, then finally realized I had searched with the wrong method >.<
I was wondering, I was looking over Wondercard iv spreads and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot with straight good ivs and it becomes even harder if you are looking for a specific nature. Is there any way to get more good iv spreads for Wondercards or am I stuck with what I have?
Any IV/nature combination is possible in Gen 5, so you're probably just not searching hard enough. Set your maximum frame higher, or try more months.
does anybody know whether the event reshiram and zekrom that will be distributed tomorrow will use the "wondercard" or the "GLAN wondercard" method?
their gender is "locked" in a certain sense, but... boh.
Regular Wondercard. GLAN only applies if they actually have a gender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)