Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

StallMandibuzz… I curse the fact that I take so much time in writing these Scramble Challenges that everyone else finds a Scramblemon for you. Thus is the case with Ghastly the Gastly that I wanted to give you. Therefore, I present to you… Stupid the Shuckle.

Stupid the Shuckle was never the smartest Pokémon out there. In fact, it has an IQ of only one! It remembers its mother telling it, “I swear, Stupid, one of these days, you’ll be captured by some lousy, good-for-nothing Trainer who’ll want nothing more than to use you as healing fodder, unless you get SMART and stop being such a lazy fuck!” Yes, his mother swore at him. Therefore, as stupid as Stupid the Shuckle was, it decided that it would raise its IQ until it was at 140, which was Genius-level.

Stupid only knows one thing: that it has amazingly high Defenses. Therefore, it may never use any move that can raise either one of its defenses. It wants to be smart, so it has to know one move from each of its STABs, and has to have at least one Physical move (e.g. Rollout or Bug Bite), one Special move, (e.g. AncientPower) and one Status move (HINT: Toxic) that CANNOT be Power Trick.

In Cianwood, a trainer gives you a Shuckle. To make things simple, this will be Stupid. In order for it to raise its IQ, it has to defeat Pokémon. Each Pokémon gives a different IQ amount:
  • Wild Pokémon give 0.1 IQ points
  • Trainer Pokémon give 0.2 IQ points
  • Gym Leader Pokémon give 0.5 IQ points
  • Elite Four Pokémon give 1 IQ point

However, there is a modifier with it, as Shuckle believes that challenging himself will be beneficial:
  • If the opponent Pokémon’s type is Super Effective against Shuckle, IQ points are DOUBLED.
  • If Shuckle’s type is Super Effective against an opponent Pokémon, IQ points are HALVED.
  • If Shuckle is more than 10 levels higher than the opponent Pokémon, IQ points are multiplied by 0.75
  • If Shuckle is more than 5 levels lower than the opponent Pokémon, IQ points are multiplied by 1.5
Note that type modifiers CAN be stacked: for example, if Shuckle is fighting a wild Articuno, it would be 0.1 HALVED then HALVED AGAIN because of the 4X effectiveness of Rock on Articuno, which would result in 0.025 IQ Points. Hint: Don't fight such Pokemon, as it will be a GIGANTIC waste of time.

In addition, various events gain or use up IQ Points:
  • Level-Up: +0.5 IQ Points
  • Learn New Move (Level-Up): +1 IQ Point
  • Learn New TM: +0.5 IQ Points
  • Learn New HM: +1 IQ Point
  • Forget TM for…
    • TM: -1 IQ Point
    • HM: -1.5 IQ Points
    • Level-Up Move: -2 IQ Points
  • Forget HM for…
    • TM: +1 IQ Point
    • HM: -3 IQ Points
    • Level-Up Move: +0.5 IQ Points
  • Use Vitamin
    • Protein & Calcium: +0.5 IQ Points
    • Iron & Zinc: +1 IQ Point
    • Carbos: -2 IQ Points
    • HP Up: +5 IQ Points for the first 2, +0.5 IQ Points for the following ones
  • Battle…
    • Stupid is KO’d: -1 IQ Point
    • Entire team is KO’d: -50 IQ Points first time, -100 IQ Points second time, RESET IQ Points following times
    • Stupid KO’s a Pokémon with indirect damage (i.e. from Toxic, or another status move): EITHER +2 IQ Points or gained IQ x 2 (e.g. 0.1 +2 IQ Points (2.1 IQ Points) or 0.1 x2 IQ Points (0.2 IQ Points))
  • OPTIONAL Solos: NOTE THAT SOLOS MAY ONLY BE ATTEMPTED ONCE, AND INCLUDE TRAINERS IN GYMS, NOT JUST LEADERS. (If you fail, you may NOT Soft-Reset to try again)
    • Chuck: +15 IQ Points, but -5 if unsuccessful
    • Jasmine: +20 IQ Points, but -10 if unsuccessful
    • Bruno: +22.5 IQ Points, but -12.5 if unsuccessful
    • Misty: +25 IQ Points, but -15 if unsuccessful
    • Erika: +30 IQ Points, but -20 if unsuccessful
    • Blaine: +35 IQ Points, but -25 if unsuccessful
    • Kyogre (post-Red): +45 IQ Points, but -35 if unsuccessful
Note that a GL/E4 Solo ADDS X amount of IQ Points onto Stupid's current IQ Score. For example, defeating Kyogre would be 0.1 IQ Points, DOUBLED because of the type advantage, and THEN +45 IQ Points, bringing the total to 45.2 IQ Points. However, if Stupid failed, it would be -35 IQ Points. Soft Resets affect NEITHER THIS NOR ANYTHING ELSE ABOVE!!!

Stupid must solo Sabrina’s Gym, because she is smart enough to use Psychic Powers, and her Alakazam has an IQ of over 5000, and Stupid wants to learn something from it.

Stupid must also solo Red’s Venusaur, Blastoise, and Lapras, but, if it hasn't reached Genius-level yet, it can learn Power Trick for this, as it would be impossible without it.

Finally, when its IQ is over 140, rename it Genius. All restrictions are lifted, and if you choose to re-challenge the Elite 4, have it solo Will. Also, because it is a genius, you never have to worry about IQ again, and Genius proves to his mother that he IS a worthwile Pokemon, and he is most definitely NOT a lazy fuck. The problem is, it now has a revenge on all other Shuckle because of that. It must defeat all Shuckle that it sees, and if Genius faints against a Shuckle, then you start again as Stupid, but with 130 IQ Points.

@Reshiram: Wooo, this Shuckle's gonna be a major pain, but it won't be impossible! Accepted. Gonna have my work cut out for me. :p Don't think I can nickname it since it won't be my OT and ID number, but for the sake of the Scramble, I'll call it Stupid. Can't solo Chuck because Twilight's already soloing him, and I'll have him solo Erika and Blaine. Screw Kyogre, and Sabrina's gonna be loads of fun. :P

ShadeFlame the Totodile
He thinks he is Ghost/Fire because of being used by team rocket
1)He must never fight Pokemon that have SE STABs (Dark, Rock, Ground, Water and ghost)
2)He must only use moves that are learnable in the Litwick family plus normal type
3)He most solo every rocket admin regardless of rule 1
4)Solo two of: Bugsy, Whitney, Bruno and Erika
5)Evolve at level 41 to croconaw and trash a Dusk stone to evolve again

@Reshiram: Wooo, this Shuckle's gonna be a major pain, but it won't be impossible! Accepted. Gonna have my work cut out for me. :p Don't think I can nickname it since it won't be my OT and ID number, but for the sake of the Scramble, I'll call it Stupid. Can't solo Chuck because Twilight's already soloing him, and I'll have him solo Erika and Blaine. Screw Kyogre, and Sabrina's gonna be loads of fun. :P
God, I'm sorry.... I completely forgot about that. If you want, find any random wild Shuckle and nickname that instead. I thought that one would be easy, as you would just take it. .........

You can find wild Shuckle in Cianwood City if you use Rock Smash. Encounter rate is 10%, so good luck. This way you can nickname them.

Yeah, I guess Kyogre's not the best... but it helps Stupid become Genius!

Remember, Chuck is an OPTIONAL Solo. I did put that in caps, right? It's just a way to get more IQ Points because those Gym Leaders (and the Elite Four member) specialize in Pokemon whose types are Super Effective against Shuckle. I put Erika in just because it would help you if you desperately needed IQ.

@Reshiram: Alright, I think I'll find one myself, that way I don't have a frigging outsider Pokemon being a royal pain in the crotch. :D And it's fine, no big deal. I totally forgot about the old guy giving the Shuckle until you reminded me, but it would make things a butt-load harder when it refuses to obey half the time. 3:

StallMandibuzz if you have a slot left, take Choice the Eevee.
Choice is somewhat different than other Scramblemons, as you make the choices. It is very indecisive and wants you to make all of its decisions.
-Choice must solo 1 gym in Johto, you can choose which. If it solos the 4th gym, evolve it into Umbreon. 5th Gym, Espeon. 6th Gym, Flareon. 7th Gym Jolteon. 8th Gym Vaporeon.
-After Choice evolves, you must make another decision, either you cannot use STAB, or you can only use STAB.
-Finally, Choice must solo 1 gym leader in Kanto and at least 1 E4 member (regardless of it's the first or second time facing the E4.)
-Once Choice solos the gym leader in Kanto, it becomes confident in itself and all restrictions are lifted (barring soloing a E4 member if you haven't soloed one already).
Have fun!

@Hwang: Is Choice able to use Status moves after evolving? And it can't solo the fourth gym because of Random's Metronome solo on Morty's Gengar, nor the fifth gym because Twilight is soloing Chuck. So I can't get Umbreon OR Espeon unless you change the restrictions a tiny bit. :c

@StallMandibuzz: Yes he can use Status moves after he evolves. Uhh, how about if he solos the 6th gym than you can choose between Umbreon and Espeon and if you solo the 7th gym you can choose between Jolteon and Flareon. That good?

@Hwang: Is Choice able to use Status moves after evolving? And it can't solo the fourth gym because of Random's Metronome solo on Morty's Gengar, nor the fifth gym because Twilight is soloing Chuck. So I can't get Umbreon OR Espeon unless you change the restrictions a tiny bit. :c
...No offense, but...

`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·....╭━━━━╮
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯.|::::::/\:__:/\
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·* <|:::::(。 ◕‿‿◕).
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·* ╰O--O----O-O NYAN CAT SAYS:

LOL LOL LOLLOL LOL LOLLOLLOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL......

EDIT: dammit ninja'd/

@MagicMissigno, sorry, for some reason I thought Smack Down was easier to get :/ Teach Seismic Dig instead.

StallMandibuzz, I'll reserve for you.
StallMandibuzz, take Makeup the Jynx. Your Jynx just looves to wear makeup, and refuses to be seen in public without it. So, Jynx may not learn any new moves via level-up, and cannot take part in any trainer battle unless she has learned 2 TM moves. Makeup resolves to try new styles all the time to keep with the changing trends, so Makeup must learn a TM move she has not previously learned every time you have an even number of badges. However, Makeup feels a stronge jealousy towards other women, and wants to prove that she's the best. So, Makeup must solo every female Gym Leader and E4 member at least once. These are: Whitney, Jasmine, Clair, Misty, Erika, Sabrina, Karen. If Makeup cannot solo one of these Gym Leaders for any reason, then it must rebattle them at the Fighting Dojo. Make fun and good luck!

@Arceustar: Damn, that's one messed up Totodile. And I checked, the only moves it can learn that the Litwick family can learn are Normal-typed moves. :| Maybe after defeating Proton or Archer, it regains some of its' sanity? And I can't solo Bugsy or Erika due to conflicting solos, so it has to solo Bruno and Whitney. Just noticed though, both Whitney and Bruno have at least one Pokemon with a rock-typed move, and since Totodile believes it's a Litwick, I thought it couldn't be used against anything that had an SE attack? Let's face it though, lots of things have SE attacks against it. :/

@Arceustar: Damn, that's one messed up Totodile. And I checked, the only moves it can learn that the Litwick family can learn are Normal-typed moves. :| Maybe after defeating Proton or Archer, it regains some of its' sanity? And I can't solo Bugsy or Erika due to conflicting solos, so it has to solo Bruno and Whitney. Just noticed though, both Whitney and Bruno have at least one Pokemon with a rock-typed move, and since Totodile believes it's a Litwick, I thought it couldn't be used against anything that had an SE attack? Let's face it though, lots of things have SE attacks against it. :/
I said SE types not moves eg not miltank
Ignore rule 1 for solos
After archer, You may use dark type moves

This is why I give easy challenges to those requesting medium level challenges. Apparently people here think medium and hard are the same thing, which makes my Pokemon a welcome addition to the team.

Edit: Uh, King Serperior, I accidentally let Snap evolve before getting Sucker Punch. I was watching ponies and playing with the volume off at the same time and I thought I pressed B to stop and continued to watch ponies as Snap evolved.

Can you forgive me, pleeeeeeeeease?

Still seems pretty difficult for a "medium" challenge, but then most of his challenges are. >.>

I finally have my full team assembled! :D

Purify (Lv37 Meditite) @ Mind Plate
Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
Ability: Pure Power
Moveset: Brick Break | Calm Mind | Confusion | Grass Knot

Already trying to evolve, but he won't be allowed just yet. Not sure when you actually go to the Distortion World, so it might be a while before I'll have a chance at getting Medicham. Still a very powerful member of my team, if a little frail.

Lola (Lv37 Buneary) @ Quick Claw
Nature: Gentle (+SpD, -Def)
Ability: Run Away
Moveset: Return | Agility | Baton Pass | Jump Kick

Again, she's now trying to evolve, but won't be able to until level 45. Her Return is stupidly strong now; Jump Kick barely sees use. AgiliPassing to Oldie or Purify is always fun too.

Fiddle (Lv37 Kricketune) @ Razor Fang
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Ability: Swarm
Moveset: X-Scissor | Rock Smash | Slash | Aerial Ace

FINALLY managed to meet the requirement for having moves all of different types. X-Scissor essentially destroys anything that doesn't resist it, and as for things that are weak, such as my rival's Torterra... not a chance in hell. Razor Fang has actually saved me from some trouble on occasion.

Can'tdoit (Lv42 Piplup) @ Amulet Coin
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Ability: Torrent
Moveset: Pound | Growl | Peck | Mist

Probably the worst final moveset I've ever seen, but there you are. I spent some time grinding him up, hence the much higher level. It probably won't take too long before he starts being a pain once more, mind you. :p

Oldie (Lv38 Rampardos) @ Shell Bell
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moveset: AncientPower | Pursuit | Zen Headbutt | Surf

Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I discovered Oldie could learn Surf. I was expecting to have to carry an HM slave (I already have a Hoothoot with Fly and Defog), so this saved me some trouble and gave Oldie some options for special attacks no matter what he forgets when sent out. Zen Headbutt/Pursuit are obnoxiously powerful, and AncientPower/Surf certainly aren't too bad either.

Confused (Lv1 Riolu) @ N/A
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SpD)
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset: Quick Attack | Foresight | Endure

Say hello to the newest addition to the world! Great nature, though it seems he's more concerned about defending himself than learning to attack...

I'll probably be abusing the Naughty nature with Swords Dance later down the line, along with Metal Claw for its 50 BP (max allowed) and high PP of 35. Thinking about making the last few moves Toxic and Double Team, just to be a dick to the AI.

Next task; grinding Confused so that he can solo the Gym in this town... may need to teach him Rock Smash for the Gym battle and then erase it before I teach him Metal Claw. :L

Wooo, got all my Scramblemons! I have a feeling ShadeFlame's gonna be my LVP :L But we shall see! I'll keep everyone posted, gonna start tomorrow after sleep! :D

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Solo Run Update

Yeah, but I doubt she will get to level 54 (the level needed to learn the move) by the E4. Hey! Maybe I can have her use Fake Out instead!
Audino Grinding...I've had to get a Liepard Sucker Punch pre-E4, I even had to get an Empoleon Hydro Pump before the Galactic Veilstone invasion in my first ever scramble, but I didn't complain. It's not difficult to set a few minutes aside just to grind...

At any rate time for a solo run update. Apologies for the delay, but I've been busy with Uni & ASB. That, but I also randomly wanted Ghetsis' tune stuck in my head, but its very hard to get what's pretty much, drumbeats stuck in my head...Otherwise, Main-Story completion get!

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4

Krookodile [Spartan] (F)
Lv:76/Quiet/Moxie
-Rock Smash
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Outrage
# Gym Badges: 8
# Black Outs: 5

STORY SO FAR...
Well, to be honest, apart from them Sturdy users I didn't really have much of a problem with the final part of the game, before the post-game. Cheren was easy, & the run to the E4 was easy. Marshal was easy to kill, except for Sawk, one of those Sturdy-mons, but his response of Karate Chop didn't exactly deal much damage, more like, roughly 1/3 of Spartan's HP, but couldn't land another attack. Grimsley was lol, Shauntal was lol, despite Earthquake being disabled by Cursed Body...And Caitilin was lol.
After that came N's Castle, where I put all 5 things boxed into the party, just so Zekrom didn't interfere with the run. Those 5 being...A useless Patrat, the Snivy I started with, the Panpour that I used to Surf, Unfezant the flier (Caught from a random encounter, mind), & the Larvesta egg. Then came the final three. Zekrom was caught fairly easily, N was easy, apart from Carracosta the Sturdy-mon dealing ~100 with Waterfall, & Ghetsis didn't put up much of a fight, even though Cofagrigus couldn't be OHKOed by Earthquake (Avoiding Mummy), & I had to Outrage spam against Hydreigon, forcing an eventual Full Heal against Bisharp...
And with that, the maingame was done, but the postgame was just beginning...

Time Taken to clear the first part of the solo run: 10:06

Update done, next one just before the E4 Round 2.

^Awesome stuff, impressive how its only taken you 10 hours. Also, you keep mentioning you using Earthquake often, but it's not on the moveset. C+P I'm guessing? lol

Audino Grinding...I've had to get a Liepard Sucker Punch pre-E4, I even had to get an Empoleon Hydro Pump before the Galactic Veilstone invasion in my first ever scramble, but I didn't complain. It's not difficult to set a few minutes aside just to grind...
I wasn't even thinking about grinding. I was just planning on going about the game at a normal pace, like I often tend to do. Are Audino really that good for getting exp?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)