VGC '12 France National - Paris - March 17th - WON BY bharmalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As far as I'm aware, this is the current plan:

I'm travelling with another UK player called Ferne (Magpie username) on Thursday and staying in a hotel with her. I've paid £50 to get to London and back from Manchester, along with £29 for a return ticket on the Euro Star train. Magpie has been kind enough to pay for our first night in the hotel on Thursday but I'm unsure of the price as it's different to the hotel we're in on Friday. We're meeting up with the rest of 'Team UK' on Friday, which includes:

Keelhauled, nathane3, Pokérob, tblakey89, Osirus182, Ant_, twash, Dozz, and PorkLoin, and NidoRich.

With myself and Magpie included, that is 12 players. We're staying in an Etap Hotel on Friday night where tblakey89 has booked four rooms which is enough to accommodate 12 people. So, sadly Baz, I'm not sure if there will be enough room unless you know of more people coming to Paris who have spare hotel space.

The Etap we're all staying at is equivalent to £14 each, so £42 per room. If you can find another two people willing to stay at Etap then it'd be £14 for yourself as well. Good luck in organising your travel, though!

I believe the coach that the rest of Team UK are boarding leaves at 10am on Friday morning, while the return isn't until around 11pm on the Saturday.

As far as I'm aware, this is the current plan:

I'm travelling with another UK player called Ferne (Magpie username) on Thursday and staying in a hotel with her. I've paid £50 to get to London and back from Manchester, along with £29 for a return ticket on the Euro Star train. Magpie has been kind enough to pay for our first night in the hotel on Thursday but I'm unsure of the price as it's different to the hotel we're in on Friday. We're meeting up with the rest of 'Team UK' on Friday, which includes:

Keelhauled, nathane3, Pokérob, tblakey89, Osirus182, Ant_, twash, Dozz, and PorkLoin, and NidoRich.

With myself and Magpie included, that is 12 players. We're staying in an Etap Hotel on Friday night where tblakey89 has booked four rooms which is enough to accommodate 12 people. So, sadly Baz, I'm not sure if there will be enough room unless you know of more people coming to Paris who have spare hotel space.

The Etap we're all staying at is equivalent to £14 each, so £42 per room. If you can find another two people willing to stay at Etap then it'd be £14 for yourself as well. Good luck in organising your travel, though!

I believe the coach that the rest of Team UK are boarding leaves at 10am on Friday morning, while the return isn't until around 11pm on the Saturday.
This is all correct :) yeah leaving 11pm from france so we have a good day long day there, although i am not sure on room space, best of speaking to tblakey about that since he is the official unofficial organizer

Ok, I'm allowed to go which means I want to organize and go with you guys.

Yes, what about accommodation costs, etc. - what exactly are the plans for staying over night, and coming back after the event on Saturday?

I am entertaining the thought of going, assuming the group wouldn't mind/would have room for another...
^ This, also I really haven't talked to you properly because of my hasty and abrupt leave so if we are able to go, i won't be making the same mistake.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, if you two guys want to try and contact tblakey89 about the hotel, or want me to, you/I can try. However, he's in Essen at the moment. It'd be cool if you guys could get on the same coach (10am Friday) so you travel with the rest of the gang and go to the same hotel (as you two could simply split a room at about £20 each).

Well, if you two guys want to try and contact tblakey89 about the hotel, or want me to, you/I can try. However, he's in Essen at the moment. It'd be cool if you guys could get on the same coach (10am Friday) so you travel with the rest of the gang and go to the same hotel (as you two could simply split a room at about £20 each).
£20 is totally fine with me and I will make sure to get there at that time, and if you can contact him please whenever possible.
As for the coach, how will I be able to get tickets? On the day or from the link I saw on the previous page?

Edit: I've tried sending him a pm in the meanwhile.

£20 is totally fine with me and I will make sure to get there at that time, and if you can contact him please whenever possible.
As for the coach, how will I be able to get tickets? On the day or from the link I saw on the previous page?
It would be best to order them from the National Express Website to avoid them selling out. We need to arrive at the coach station an Hour before hand to check in and board.

I will PM you the coach details

I'm going!!!

I've booked my bus (the 10:00 on Friday morning London to Paris / returning 23:00 Saturday) and I'll be staying in the Etap hotel with Sol.

So I'm looking forward to meeting the gang that are going. Hopefully we'll all have a good weekend.

If you plan to play in the 2012 International Challenge and the France National Championships:

1. Register for the International Challenge at the Pokémon Global Link, but do not download the regulations yet.

2. Attend the France National Championships. After the competition, go to the “Live Competition” screen and select "Cancel Participation." This will unlock your Battle Box and allow you to change your team for the International Challenge.

3. Once your team is set in the Battle Box, go to the “Wi-Fi Competition” and download the regulations to lock your Battle Box.

4. Once the International Challenge is complete, go to the “Wi-Fi Competition” screen again and select “Cancel Participation” to unlock your Battle Box.

Source: http://www.pokemon.com/uk/content/battle_box/

q: Will someone gonna #twitter about this?

oh man so many good players just there...i really enjoy watching. :D

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dozz was able to update us during the UK one, but I'm guessing he'll technically be roaming so unless there's accessible WiFi he won't be able to this time? If one of the French players could help out that'd be great.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll bite the bullet, I have a very tiny international allowance, so I'll put that to use. I'll try and be a bit better about it though.
I found little time to get it done between rounds, as they're fairly relentless, but, I'll be tweeting as much as possible again. Another french player would be good stuff though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)