Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Can someone please help me with RNGing Swarm Pokemon in HGSS? I know it has something to do with the radio, but I can't find any real instructions anywhere and it's proving quite difficult. :(

Tune into prof oak/Mary channel, they'll mention the swarm pokemon and where. If it isn't the one you want save, turn off and set your ds clock to 11:59pm, load the game b4 midnight and wait for the date to roll over, tune in again and see what the new swarm pokemon is. Regardless of whether it's the one you want or not save, if it is then abuse like normal from that point on, if not then redo the time to 11:59 again and proceed to check the new swarm pokemon.

The key is to reserve after each new swarm otherwise it won't change.

Has anybody here successfully RNGd a Bug Catching Contest Pokemon? I was told that Scyhter's Encounter Slot is 8 but when I hit it (I factored in the extra +1 sweet scent frame advancement for BCC too) I got a Wurmple. I'm quite frustrated...

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Has anybody here successfully RNGd a Bug Catching Contest Pokemon? I was told that Scyhter's Encounter Slot is 8 but when I hit it (I factored in the extra +1 sweet scent frame advancement for BCC too) I got a Wurmple. I'm quite frustrated...
Once upon a time I did catch a perfect IVd kricketune as well as a shiny nincada, but wasn't satisfied with at best getting a swarm scyther. bug catching if I recall correctly was like surf scenting.

I have done it. (Proof in trophy case) You just need to searc ES 8 spread with no synch. And with newer RNG Reporters (I think 9.94 and up) you just select BCC and Sweet Scent frame before your target. You should get it.

Tune into prof oak/Mary channel, they'll mention the swarm pokemon and where. If it isn't the one you want save, turn off and set your ds clock to 11:59pm, load the game b4 midnight and wait for the date to roll over, tune in again and see what the new swarm pokemon is. Regardless of whether it's the one you want or not save, if it is then abuse like normal from that point on, if not then redo the time to 11:59 again and proceed to check the new swarm pokemon.

The key is to reserve after each new swarm otherwise it won't change.
Thanks a lot! I'll definitely give that a try ^^

So it IS ES 8? The problem was Synchronize? I Mimic Duped Sweet Scent on my Kadabra and transferred it over. The seed I've been hitting was a 31/31/31/x/30/31 Adamant Ability 1 Spread, frame 6621 and a delay of 492 if that matters. I prefer hitting delays in that range of 487-497 if possible, but I really want to get that Scyther.

I have a question about Method J in Time Finder. I'm trying to get a flawless Adamant Regigigas, but it shows only the year and hour for the capture. So, when am I actually supposed to synchronize/reset? I'm fairly certain on how to do everything else, but that's been confusing me for a while.

How exactly do I get a ditto to appear in encounter slot 7 in the trophy garden. Right now if I talk to mr. backlot he says there really are ditto in my garden no lies ever leave these lips honest truth. As a result of the date being changed, so what exactly do I do?

I have a question about Method J in Time Finder. I'm trying to get a flawless Adamant Regigigas, but it shows only the year and hour for the capture. So, when am I actually supposed to synchronize/reset? I'm fairly certain on how to do everything else, but that's been confusing me for a while.
Take the seed you get from time finder and enter it into 4th gen seed to time. That'll give you the date, time, and delay required to hit your seed. Take the delay and second you get from seed to time and enter them in their respective boxes in eon timer.

You can also right click and select Generate More Times, that automatically takes you to Seed to Time. You can choose whatever time and date you want from there.

I'm doing an Emerald wild capture (Duskull) on an emu and I'm having a problem, it keeps switching from method H-2 to H-4 whenever I get to my target frames, I've tried walking up a floor but it keeps doing it, does this mean that it will always be method H-4 on those frames or is there something I can do to get it to stay H-2?

EDIT: Wait I still have a problem XD

I've been doing the counting on my own since EonTimer hasn't even been coming close recently. My time is 18:00:24 with 620 Delay for the flawless adamant Regigigas. I've been starting the game and spamming A until the Continue screen from 18:00:09.5-18:00:09.75. Being a musician, I decided to divide the seconds into 1/3rds and keep rhythm on my own (so I'm really aiming for 9.66 seconds). This has been giving me very good accuracy (within 10 delay on both sides), but occasionally when I think I've hit 620, it says I hit 620 on the 23 second mark. This has happened probably a dozen times, so I know its not some random thing. Idk why the program would be doing that, but it seems like how in 5th gen Standard seeds you would start 1 second earlier, I might have to start 1 second later?

I'm probably just crazy, so hopefully anyone knows why its doing this :P

How exactly do I get a ditto to appear in encounter slot 7 in the trophy garden. Right now if I talk to mr. backlot he says there really are ditto in my garden no lies ever leave these lips honest truth. As a result of the date being changed, so what exactly do I do?
I've waited a few days without changing the date or time, and with using the same ds as before and when I talk to Mr. Backlot he still says; "...It's true I tell you! No lies ever leave these lips! There really are cute DITTO in my trophy garden! Honest truth!" From my previous failed rng attempt I know the're not in encounter slot 7 so what do I need to do to make Ditto appear in encounter slot 7, and how did I get Backlot to say something else for a change?

So I recently decided that I'm going to try to RNG a 4th gen Weavile. I've never RNGed 4th gen before.
One of the prerequisites is showing Elm the Togepi.
A. How do I know if I've done that yet?
B. If I haven't done it yet, I can't find the egg/Togepi anywhere. What should I do?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
So I recently decided that I'm going to try to RNG a 4th gen Weavile. I've never RNGed 4th gen before.
One of the prerequisites is showing Elm the Togepi.
A. How do I know if I've done that yet?
B. If I haven't done it yet, I can't find the egg/Togepi anywhere. What should I do?
If you can't use Elm calls for whatever reason, Juggler Irwin functions exactly the same, with three responses that correspond directly with Elm's.
P = "How are you?"
E = "Hearing about your escapades really rocks my world!"
K = "I'm so glad you called!"
You don't have to do anything special besides battling him and getting his number, and it works before you go to Kanto, so I usually don't even bother with Elm.

Nevermind, I just gave up and soft-reset for it. I actually managed to get 30/20/30/xx/26/31 within a reasonable time and I'm only using Regi for triples with Lilligant entraining it Chlorophyll and Ninetales (plus I have Pearl too XD)

Where can I find instructions on using --> http://prng.infos.cx/timer.html

Or what external timer can I download and use off my desktop.
I had one on my laptop, but never used it. It was a blue clock with an Umbreon on it.
I'll need instructions for using that one too. :/

EDIT: It's EonTimer.
I'll look for instructions on how to use it. Any links would be appreciated though.

EDIT: EDIT:
So there are two timers. When the first one hits Zero, do I start the game, or should I have already started the game & I should soft reset? o_0
Using http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5VZ2OMEPU as a guide & he doesn't really clarify.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
EDIT: EDIT: So there are two timers. When the first one hits Zero, do I start the game, or should I have already started the game & I should soft reset? o_0
Using http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5VZ2OMEPU as a guide & he doesn't really clarify.
Start the timer at the same time you set the time on your DS. Load the game from the main menu or soft reset (either one works, but stick with one or the other because the calibration will vary between the two methods) when the first timer ends. Select Continue when the second timer ends. Figure out what delay you landed on, and if it isn't within about 6 of your target, put it in the field at the bottom and click "Update." Repeat the process until you're consistently getting near your target, at which point you can stop updating it.

Figure out what delay you landed on, and if it isn't within about 6 of your target, put it in the field at the bottom and click "Update." Repeat the process until you're consistently getting near your target, at which point you can stop updating it.
How do I figure out what delay I landed on?
I apologize for all the small questions. :S

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Use the search Elm calls button located on the adjacent seeds tab. You can also call juggler Irwin, you just need to translate his answer to match the P,K,E responses given by Elm. How to do that was posted above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 19)