[Wacky Wi-Fi April] Voting

What would you want the April Wacky Wi-fi tournament to be?

• Total voters

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
April Showers May not bring flowers!
  • 5th Generation OU Tounament
  • 6v6 Singles
  • Banned Pokemon: Ubers and All Grass Type Pokemon
  • Banned Items: All Evasion Raising Items and Soul Dew on the EON pokemon
  • Banned Abilities: Moody and Swift Swim
  • Clauses: Sleep, Freeze, Species, Wifi, Self KO,
Tournament Specific Rules:
  1. One of your Pokemon must have the move Rain Dance.
  2. One of your pokemon must have an Item Damp Rock.
  3. One of your pokemon has to know the Move Thunder
  4. You May not have any pokemon that is a Grass type on them
  5. You may not have any other weather inducers on your team. that mean the following pokemon:
7. Have Fun (remember this is just a Game).

Good Luck and Remember rule number 7!

EDIT: it is no Longer a Requirement to have a (DW) Politoad in your team cause they are worth a lot of time for DWing
April Flowers Tournament

Tournament name
-5th gen. OU
-Doubles 6v6
-Ban Ubers and Non-Grass Types (excluding dual types)
-Ban Sould Dew, and Items that quicken a two move turn to one turn (e.g. Power Herb)
-Ban all Hidden Abilities (e.g. Contrary)
-OHKO clause, Species Clause

Rules:
-Only Grass type pokemon (dual types are allowed)
The Regional April Tournament!

~Generation 5 Regional Battle (Will be explained in the rules section)
~Singles 6v6
~Banned Pokemon: Anything above OU (Ubers)
~Banned Items: Hax items and unreleased items
~Banned Abilities: Moody and unreleased Dream World abilities
~Clauses: Sleep, Evasion, Ubers and OHKO Clause

~Tournament Specific Rules: You can only use the Pokemon that is originally from a region of your choice like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. However, you cannot use Pokemon that evolved starting from the next region. For example, if you pick Kanto, you can use Magmar but cannot use Magmortar since Magmortar originally came out starting generation 4/Sinnoh.
Here's a tourney idea I've been wanting to try out

BW VGC 2010

• VGC Ruleset
  • Doubles Bring 6, choose 4 so 4v4 Doubles
  • Banned Pokemon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, and any unreleased Pokemon.
    • However teams may include(Only allowed 2 to be used in each match): Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem.
  • Species Clause, Item Clause, Self-KO Clause, Sky Drop Clause (No Pokemon may know Sky Drop)
  • Tournament Specific Rules:
    • VGC 2010 with the inclusion of new Ubers and other Gen 5 Pokemon

• Standard VGC Style
  • Battles will be done on Gen V
  • Party of 6, choose 4 for 2v2
  • Banlist: It's in the specific rules.
  • Species Clause, Item Clause, Self-KO Clause, Sky Drop Clause (No Pokemon may know Sky Drop)
  • Tournament Specific Rules: Can only use species that are related to any Shadow Pokémon from Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. By this extent, all Pokémon from Unova (494 - 649) are banned. For example, Meganium can be used as Bayleef is Snagable in Colosseum, and Electivire can be used since Electabuzz is Snaggable in XD. Pre-Evolutions are banned if only the evolution is Snaggable. (You can't use Elekid for example)

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just to let everyone know, there will be a VGC 2010 BW simulator tournament very soon and we'll be able to replicate it more accurately since Wifi only allows lv 100 restricted pokemon.

Voted for pokemonrock's idea, since it's the wackiest! :) The other's aren't wacky enough Imo.

Edit: Can we change the name of this from "Wacky Wi-Fi" to "Witty Wi-Fi"? I know it doesn't sound as catchy, but the votes seems to be given to the lesser wacky ideas (they're still creative, great ideas, but they're not wacky!) and Witty seems to be more appropriate since most of the ideas here are witty but not wacky (Imo). Just a suggestion :P

Voted for pokemonrock's idea, since it's the wackiest! :) The other's aren't wacky enough Imo.

Edit: Can we change the name of this from "Wacky Wi-Fi" to "Witty Wi-Fi"? I know it doesn't sound as catchy, but the votes seems to be given to the lesser wacky ideas (they're still creative, great ideas, but they're not wacky!) and Witty seems to be more appropriate since most of the ideas here are witty but not wacky (Imo). Just a suggestion :P

thanks POJ it took me weeks to think of an idea too bad its not winning now :(

I like Biosci's and Nicksor's the most out of the group (mainly because they look awfully familiar...) but I'm going with Nicksors. The deal breaker with Biosci's is that I'm not certain you can start a normal flat battle (for the most part, VGC rules) with any of the uber Pokemon mentioned. Since it only says we're restricted to Pokemon available from XD, Nicksor's is much more manageable then a "Pokemon only from XD" Tournament.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As much as I liked Biosci's idea, I just had to vote for Nickscor's in the end. I've never been big on Ubers, as I've never played it before, and I think that the limited choice should make for a wacky, and interesting tournament.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)