5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

hey i have a problem when trying to put in the ds perimeter. when i hit search nothing shows up. (by the way im using a dsi and an Acekard with pokemon black in it)

is there anything specific i need to do or if i cant use an acekard or anything that will not work?

Pandora's Box

Could someone help me figure out how to use Pandora's Box in Gen V to get Perfect Shiny Gift Pokemon, like Archen? I just can't figure it out!

Could someone help me figure out how to use Pandora's Box in Gen V to get Perfect Shiny Gift Pokemon, like Archen? I just can't figure it out!
Actually, you don't need to abuse your ID/SID to get shiny Pokemon. You just need your SID and the patience to search for a seed with a shiny PID.

But, if you want to try it, I have a guide in my sig. that might help. :3

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hey i have a problem when trying to put in the ds perimeter. when i hit search nothing shows up. (by the way im using a dsi and an Acekard with pokemon black in it)

is there anything specific i need to do or if i cant use an acekard or anything that will not work?
Not all flashcarts work, and the ones that do have really weird parameters, so try making the search range a lot wider.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Hey I was wondering if someone could help me?
I followed all the steps to RNG and filled everything out, but when I search no result comes out!

Here's a screenshot of it:

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/dietcoke101
Make sure the IVs are correct (if possible, upload it to Pokécheck to be certain), double-check the date, time, MAC address, DS type, etc. If you can't find anything wrong with any of that, try it at a different time and see if you get results with that.

Hey, I'm posting here to get a reply on catching wild Pokemon with RNG. I have been trying to get a Seel in Giant Chasm, where it has 30% encounter rate compared to Basculins. Do I have to try my luck with standard seed or is there a better way to go around this uncommon encounter rate?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Check seel's encounter slot using the table found in RNG reporter. Advance PIDING to a frame that has Seel+ everything else you want on it{Nature, Gender, etc..}

Hey. Newb here needing some help.
So I'm trying to get a good Mewtwo (event Wondercard) and I'm sure I'm hitting my seed but it just won't give me my IVs and nature I'm after.
I've correctly set up my parameters because I RNG'd something not long ago with the IVs I specified.
I've tried 3 times now and I'm not getting what I should be. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Also, I am NOT using GLAN Wondering. I'm using the regular Wondercard for this.
AM I supposed to advance my frame with the 128 steps or Chatot thing? Because I've tried the Chatot recorded/custom Chatter in all those 3 tries and no luck. Any idea what might be happening?
Thanks

Edit: Also, I'm saved right in front of the Delivery Man (facing him) and I'm using the Pokémon League Pokémon Center.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hey. Newb here needing some help.
So I'm trying to get a good Mewtwo (event Wondercard) and I'm sure I'm hitting my seed but it just won't give me my IVs and nature I'm after.
I've correctly set up my parameters because I RNG'd something not long ago with the IVs I specified.
I've tried 3 times now and I'm not getting what I should be. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Also, I am NOT using GLAN Wondering. I'm using the regular Wondercard for this.
AM I supposed to advance my frame with the 128 steps or Chatot thing? Because I've tried the Chatot recorded/custom Chatter in all those 3 tries and no luck. Any idea what might be happening?
Thanks

Edit: Also, I'm saved right in front of the Delivery Man (facing him) and I'm using the Pokémon League Pokémon Center.
If you are not getting the IVs you're most likely not hitting your seed. It could be just your Timer0 so I recommend just to keep trying. When doing wondercard abuse you advance the PID frame using chatter.

Thanks. Good to know I'm doing it right.
And about this Timer0 thing... does it sometimes randomly change when you boot the game or something?
Thanks again for the help :)

Thanks. Good to know I'm doing it right.
And about this Timer0 thing... does it sometimes randomly change when you boot the game or something?
Thanks again for the help :)
well do you know that thewonder card rng is different than normal wild pokes etc.that is the nature and the ivs are bound to each other here?.rather than separate like in wild?.you need to advance to the right frame using only ,
1.chatots
2.saving
but walking 128 wont help here.
i think you are hitting seed but you cannot confirm it because you think that the ivs are on frame 1 and the pid on another.is this right? if not you are just missing the timer0.also do it in the elite 4 pokemon center where no WNPC are

Was wondering I have a dsi and was trying to rng c-gear the mystery gift zekrom does the amount of people in the pokemon center change the frames or does talking to the mystery gift delivery man to recieve a pokemon change the frames at all?

I found out what I was doing wrong! :D
I was using the tutorial found here: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part6
In that version of RNGReporter, Wondercard seeds could be found in between two ranges (in that example 55-60).
I was using a later version where you specify how many Advancements you have to make.
I also didn't know about the PID Initial Seed. I thought I started at 1 and advanced up to the frame found on my search (which was like 102!).
I got my Timid near flawless Mewtwo now :D Greenalink's video helped me a lot in terms of understanding what I was supposed to do :D

Edit: 3 minutes later got my Adamant near flawless Zekrom :D

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Was wondering I have a dsi and was trying to rng c-gear the mystery gift zekrom does the amount of people in the pokemon center change the frames or does talking to the mystery gift delivery man to recieve a pokemon change the frames at all?
If you are in the Pokémon League center, there are no moving NPCs, so your initial frame will always be what RNG Reporter says. In other centers, though, the NPCs do affect it.

Talking to the man doesn't advance anything.

Hey I'm just wondering if someone could answer my simple question!
So my frame number I have to get is 3 but I have 5 pokemon in my pack, so can I leave the place I sweet scented in, in order to get three Pokemon in my pack then come back and save, then hit my RNG time for my seed?
Also in a cave there are water drops that come down from the ceiling, would they affect my frame number in any way?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Hey I'm just wondering if someone could answer my simple question!
So my frame number I have to get is 3 but I have 5 pokemon in my pack, so can I leave the place I sweet scented in, in order to get three Pokemon in my pack then come back and save, then hit my RNG time for my seed?
Also in a cave there are water drops that come down from the ceiling, would they affect my frame number in any way?
In order to hit frame 3, you would have to have 2 Pokémon (you start on frame 1, which means you need to advance by 2). Otherwise yes, that would work. But I'd recommend using frame 1 when possible, just because it's a lot easier.

The water drops follow a specific pattern, so they don't affect the frame at all.

Oh right thanks!
Btw I tried frame 1 but it gave me no results!
I guess there wasn't an available flawless Pokemon for a long period of time, because it had searched way over a billion possible results with no ones that matched!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Oh right thanks!
Btw I tried frame 1 but it gave me no results!
I guess there wasn't an available flawless Pokemon for a long period of time, because it had searched way over a billion possible results with no ones that matched!
Then you just need to search more months, or add more keypresses if you haven't already. Maybe it's just personal preference, but I'd rather spend more time searching than get a seed that's hard to use, especially since for some captures you'll want two Chatot, a Synchronizer, a Sweet Scenter, and a catcher, which really limits the sort of advances you can make.

Ok thanks I'll try that next time! I just spent a couple minutes taking steps and then used my long saved up rare candies to raise it a couple levels to check its ivs!
Well I'd like to thank you for your help! I successfully RNGed my first flawless Pokemon!
It's a boldore!!! YAY!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)