Misty, the Rain Warrior. (Wifi OU) 1450+

Misty, the Rain Warrior!

"The storm has just begun."

Hello fellow Smogonites! Today I bring you one of my favorite teams I've used in a while that has helped me succeed highly on the Pokemon Online and Poke Battle Center ladder.

This is a Semi-stall/Balanced rain team that came to my mind a while back and I've decided to make a RMT for this team to get some other feedback on how well this team is built.

This team has helped me achieve roughly 1455, but has recently had a few problems on the main Pokemon Online ladder. Although, I do find this team still fun, competitive and addicting to play since it does add a bit of excitement and struggle for opposing teams.

Enough rambling from me though, on to the team.

Team Building Process:

I started off with Politoed after getting inspiration from another good friend of mine on the Pokemon Online ladder [IMP]Marth. I saw how he played it with such fines and knew how to use this Pokemon to it's full ability. So I had to take a shot at it. Also, seeing as how rain has always been my favorite weather, I couldn't say no to Politoed.

Next, Skarmory was added, seeing as how I had a lot of problems with Dragonite/Salamence/Scizor etc. in my last team, I had to use it this team as Politoed decreases it's fire weakness, giving it better survival chances. Although, that does give my team a weakness to Electric type moves, which leads me to our next member.

Gastro! I am in love with Gastrodon, it is simply one of the best special walls in my opinion. Wish instant recovery also being paired up with Skarmoty gives Volt-Turn teams an annoying time dealing with this team. Rotom-W is completely shut down by Gastrodon. Being able to sponge powerful Hydro Pumps from Rotom, Starmie and other various Pokemon, I find Gastrodon is a great addition to this team as a devastating supportive roll.

I found that dealing with Celebi was becoming an issue for this team. I was always running into Thunder Wave Celebi's that crippled my team with was getting ridiculously annoying, so I added this special little lady right here, Latias. With her decent speed, special defenses and the ability to set up on certain pokes, makes her another well added Pokemon to the team. Sponging Grass, Fire, Ground, Psychic, Poison, Water and Electric type moves, her coverage helps my team tremendously.

Noticing how my team was mostly special attackers, I needed something to successfully beat most special walls, Tyranitar, Blissey, Chansey, Gastrodon, etc. I was thinking about using Breloom, but that didn't end up working out, seeing as how my team would end up having 3 ice weaknesses, due to the last Pokemon on the team. Toxicroak has access to Dry Skin + Black Sludge making him an annoying Pokemon to deal with if used correctly. Having a powerful stab move and priority with sucker punch making him a very very annoying Pokemon to deal with if it isn't checked or stopped before it's set up.

LAst, but definitely not least, Thundurus! This Pokemon works wonders. I have gone with the old trolling Hammer Arm set to stop Tyranitar INSTANTLY in it's tracks. Also helps for trolling Blissey after taking Stealth Rock damage and a bit of extra damage from other various team members. making it an unsuspecting blow to Blissey.

Wet Dreams
(F) @

Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Perish Song

I went with Choice Scarf Politoed over the standard Bold 252/0/252/0/4/0 to deal with opponents leading with Breloom/Haxorus/Salamence/Dragonite/Taunters, etc. It was quite annoying playing with the Bold one because of it's low speed it was a bit too stallish for my taste and I wanted a little bit more offensive Politoed for those reasons listed above. I have done a few damage calculations against a Pokemon that people may have questions about. I wanted to also point out that I don't use Scald. Although the 30% chance of burn is useful, I find that Politoed benefits more from Surf over Scald because of the Rain boost + STAB + 95 Base Power, I find it to be quite useful when you're in a pinch when you don't want Min damage on Scald and you don't want to miss Hydro Pump. I find it as a great move for this Pokemon seeing as how Gastro can handle other Pokemon and burn them with Scald.

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Politoed Ice Beam vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Dragonite: 50% - 59.26%
2 hits to KO

With Multi-Scale active.

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Politoed Ice Beam vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Dragonite: 100% - 118.52%
100% chance to OHKO

Without Multi-Scale active.

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Politoed Ice Beam vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Salamence: 130.51% - 154.68%
100% chance to OHKO

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Politoed Ice Beam vs 12 HP/0 SpDef Breloom: 92.42% - 109.09%
56.25% chance to OHKO

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Politoed Ice Beam vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Haxorus: 73.47% - 87.07%
2 hits to KO

^Able to switch to Skarmory to take potential Outrage after +1 Dragon Dance and kill with Drill Peck.

If any specific damage calculations are needed for other Pokemon, please request them and I will add them.

Wheres Bliss
(F) @

Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Drill Peck
- Whirlwind

I find Skarmory as one of the core members of this team, being able to wall 90% of the OU metagame physical Pokemon with it's outstanding defenses. The reason I chose Drill Peck over Brave Bird is because I don't want to take any unnecessary damage from recoil that could cost my the game. We have all had times where Brave Bird has cost us in the long run. I know Drill Peck isn't the best move, but it gets the job done vs Conkeldurr, Terrakion, Virizion, Beloom, Lucario, etc. It still gets the job done vs many of the OU metagame.

Detailed Result:
0 Atk Skarmory Drill Peck vs 120 HP/0 Def Conkeldurr: 40.16% - 47.24%
3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Detailed Result:
0 Atk Skarmory Drill Peck vs 4 HP/0 Def Terrakion: 24.07% - 28.7%
4-5 hits to KO

I know it doesn't compare to Brave Bird, but I still find it a bit more beneficial unless some of my other Smogon brothers and sisters have better advice for shit set.

GG Rotom
(M) @

Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

As I stated before, Gastrodon is an amazing and somewhat under rated Pokemon in my eyes. It totally shuts down Rotom-W with it's annoying Volt-Turn combo with Landorus/Scizor. Using Skarmory as it's partner in crime makes for trouble sand shutdown. Also, seeing as how around 40%-60% of teams are using Magnezone, I find luring Magnezone with Gastrodon is a great bait n' switch to throw your opponent off their game. As long as they aren't carrying Hidden Power [Grass] (Which is completely rare.) Then you have a selection of moves you can rely on for the next turn. Scald for burning the possible switch ins, Earth Power for more STAB against Heartran/Jolteon/Magnezone etc. Followed by Toxic for annoying Toxic stall paired with Recover.

- If Damage Calculations are needed, please let me know.

Zapdos' Mate
(F) @

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse

Alright, this set was something that came to mind to me that I thought would work out great. Latias has the ability to Calm Mind up and abuse Thunder and being able to stop some other Pokemon from setting up as it sets up. I know that Latias is walled by Jirachi, but Latias is mostly used as late a Late Game Sweeper. Having the ability to sponge hits and have instant recovery makes Latias seem like it will never die. Having such high special attack with the compliments of Calm Mind makes it an enormous threat to a lot of teams if not prepared. Bringing it in on Scizors Bullet Punch can also be risky or rewarding.

Detailed Result:
252 Atk Choice Band Scizor Bullet Punch vs 252 HP/36 Def Latias: 46.43% - 55.22%
2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

It can live recover and calm mind repeatedly until you Thunder and OHKO Scizor. +4 is required to OHKO Scizor at full health.

+0 Calm Mind:

Detailed Result:
0 SpAtk Latias Thunder vs 248 HP/0 SpDef Scizor: 32.94% - 38.78%
3-4 hits to KO

Still decent damage on Scizor, just a little bit of useful information.

Le Frog
(M) @

Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Toxicroak causes a lot of problems for teams not ready for it. Although Gliscor walls Toxicroak, the Synergy with this team can easily counter Toxicroaks rivals. Toxicroak has an important roll in this team. TAKE OUT SPECIAL WALLS! I hate seeing kids use Toxicroak as just a little attacking frog. It's handles almost every special wall it matches up against.

All of these calculations are just +0 Drain Punches just to understand a general idea.

Detailed Result:
252 Atk Toxicroak Drain Punch vs 240 HP/0 Def Jirachi: 26.93% - 31.67%
4-5 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Detailed Result:
252 Atk Toxicroak Drain Punch vs 252 HP/252 Def Blissey: 59.24% - 70.17%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Detailed Result:
252 Atk Toxicroak Drain Punch vs 252 HP/0 Def Tyranitar: 108.42% - 127.72%
100% chance to OHKO

Detailed Result:
252 Atk Toxicroak Drain Punch vs 248 HP/0 Def Heatran: 57.66% - 68.57%
2 hits to KO

If more calculations are needed, please let me know.

Cloud Strife
(M) @

Trait: Prankster
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunder
- Hammer Arm
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Finall we're back to Thundurus, this Pokemon has won so many games it's not even funny. The troll factor of this Pokemon amazes me. Thunder for + STAB + 30% to Para + T-Wave to Cripple + Hammer Arm vs Tyranitar and Blissey + Hidden Power Ice to troll Dragons after being Paralyzed. It's proven to be one of the best OU Pokemon in my opinion on the Pokemon Online server. I don't have much to say about this Pokemon, it's pretty self explanatory.

Detailed Result:
32 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Hammer Arm vs 248 HP/0 Def Heatran: 53.51% - 63.38%
2 hits to KO

Detailed Result:
32 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Hammer Arm vs 252 HP/252 Def Blissey: 55.18% - 64.99%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Detailed Result:
32 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Hammer Arm vs 0 HP/0 Def Tyranitar: 117.3% - 138.42%
100% chance to OHKO

Detailed Result:
32 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Hammer Arm vs 0 HP/0 Def Magnezone: 69.04% - 81.14%
2 hits to KO

If more calculations are needed, please let me know.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my team. Please leave a good rate and if you really liked this team like it with a Luvdisc, I'd really appreciate it. If you have any questions for me, please feel free to leave them down below. I'm looking to hopefully get a lot of criticism for this team seeing as how I hope to be a professional team builder someday. Enough rambling from me. Thank you all for the rates, and I hope to be joining you team building pro's soon.

Importable:

Wet Dreams (Politoed) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Perish Song

Wheres Bliss (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Drill Peck
- Whirlwind

GG Rotom (Gastrodon-East) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

Zapdos' Mate (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse

Le Frog (Toxicroak) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Cloud Strife (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunder
- Hammer Arm
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Also, seeing as how Thundurus is banned here, You can change it to Tornadus.

Katrina
(M) @

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hurricane
- U-Turn
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
For more damage calculations please check: http://masara.byethost15.com/SilverlightDmgCalcTestPage.html if you would like to do your own calculations.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
He's being retested in the Beta Server. They decided to bring it back to OU for a retest.
Note that these are the Smogon forums, not the Beta forums.

Anyways, Creatxe, nice team etc. Thank you for bringing some originality to the table with Thunder Latias in Rain, that's a nice touch and I bet it scares the hell outta Skarm. Keep laddering, best of luck.

Have a moderator close this then. I'm just upset as hell that I wasted all my time making this and no one rated it.

Maybe if you had this team under DW OU, some might understand. I don't think anyone is making teams to counter Thundurus, so we can't really rate this team with the current meta.

I'll do something like mini rate, so don't wasted all that time for nothing. But I must say that I don't know to much about the Thundurus metagame.

Anyways, I like your Thunderus set. It seems to be really cool. My suggestion is Earthquake over Earthpower on your Gastrodon, because it hits Tyranitar and specially defensive Jirachi harder, which are both annoying for your team to face, especially Jirachi. Toxicroak is your best bet against it and doesn't seem to be really reliable judging by your calcs. Gastrodon can actually 2hko it. I think you don't lose anything by using Earthquake on Gastrodon, but don't forget to change its nature to sassy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)