Smogon Premier League III - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually:

That BKC/McMeghan win may end up counting, but allowing the restart to fix something that was likely the result of the player's own negligence as much as a glitch in the client was doing BKC a favor. BKC repaying that by not following the replay rules they agreed to is incredibly unethical. I'd have made them replay to that turn until SE hit if they'd given me the opportunity during the match, since they agreed on it those conditions, but since they didn't, don't consider the result of this match final yet. Will talk to uninvolved TDs before I decide to count this.

Here is not the place for me to make arguments intended to change tournament rulings, but congratulations on staying classy, Scooters.

hi blue_star please dont. we are far too classy for that stuff.
Initial battle:

Hate Crew Deathroll: ok chaser i'll let stone edge hit
Hate Crew Deathroll: but
Hate Crew Deathroll: if it crits
Hate Crew Deathroll: we re-start again
Hate Crew Deathroll: ok yes or no?
The_Chaser: i'll agree to that
Hate Crew Deathroll: ok re-play then
Hate Crew Deathroll forfeited against McMeghan!

Replay:

SE misses
Spectators make a big fuss
Hate Crew Deathroll: i suggest you all stfu

McMeghan: i said i wanted se to hit tbh

BKC has no more responses, and eventually McMeghan has to move in fear of timing out (and resulting messy drama/rulings).

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
The Stone edge miss didnt mattered at all. He came on EQ and died like shit, taking SE or not wasnt something to take in account. He wouldnt Outraged since Perish song was used the last turn, be honest.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
except...... synre's words were <Synre> like i said im fine with replaying if its reasonable
a replay infers exact conditions, BKC only "agreed" because he saw it as his only route to avoid a time out and loss for the team. you can't possibly consider holding him to those words, if not because the matchup is 4-5 and the quality of the games gone by already, because the man running this tournament said he was fine with a replay.

That's only because you intentionally didn't give me all the information. If he agreed to it he agreed to it.

except...... synre's words were <Synre> like i said im fine with replaying if its reasonable
a replay infers exact conditions, BKC only "agreed" because he saw it as his only route to avoid a time out and loss for the team. you can't possibly consider holding him to those words, if not because the matchup is 4-5 and the quality of the games gone by already, because the man running this tournament said he was fine with a replay.
hahahaha so he made a verbal agreement with full intention of violating the agreement if necessary, just because he didn't want to lose? some people call that competitiveness at its best, others call it cheating.

The thing is that miss didnt mattered, the first time Heatran came, he got OHKOed by Earthquake, why do we have to redo it then ?
I guess Go10 is right. Sorry for making an issue of this guys.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
That's only because you intentionally didn't give me all the information. If he agreed to it he agreed to it.
nope

tigerstyle
<Synre> like i said im fine with replaying if its reasonable
tigerstyle gg chaser
bottomsup im not a scooter just anti-ruiner
Go10 seriously
dystopia too much salt int their diet
Go10 let them restart
Go10 what a fucker ...
Hate Crew Deathroll ok chaser i'll let stone edge hit

Sorry for the accusation if that's the case, am.

To give you guys my end of this: my job is to administer the tournament and make sure the matches are completed fairly. The most important part of my job is to make sure that nothing I do gives an advantage to any player or team that they shouldn't have. I am concerned that I may have already done that in the Scooters' favor by encouraging the rematch to begin with and by not being able to make a call during the rematch SE miss ,and if I were to make them rematch with different teams(the match will either count or that will occur), I would probably be giving an unfair advantage to the Ruiners by giving them another shot at knocking the Scooters off since in spite of the sleaziness they probably Pokemoned well enough to deserve a win once the match got going. Just want to delay this decision enough to get some more input to try to be as fair as possible.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hmm it looks like my very particular set of skills is needed..ill be right on

Aqualouis

^ Sport de raquette + Service pas rattrapé
is a Contributor Alumnus
When a rule is broken, the one who broke it diserves to lose.
I think that McMeghan was fair enough to let him replay and to give him a true chance to win, but there was an agreement. This agreement was written, we have the log to prove it, and BKC didn't respect it.
The fact that the miss mattered or not doesn't import, BKC didn't respect the agreement here so the replay shouldn't even count.
He totally diserves the loss by forfeit and that would be a shame to let him win this match like that

if you have the first log just replay it again following the original agreement. it does not give any of the teams an advantage unless there is massive hax after that turn with stone edge (but that cannot be controlled), and the player-to-player agreement holds.

just going by what has been posted.

EDIT: yea i just realized that this is going to cause a clusterfuck of double thinking by both players since they know each others team. so... nevermind. if no one cares about this double thinking stuff, the only thing that comes to mind is replaying different teams.

or you could give bkc the win, even though what he did was complete BS.

Aqualouis

^ Sport de raquette + Service pas rattrapé
is a Contributor Alumnus
We had this week won, and i decided to lose a game i had totally won.... So sorry team, you can't imagine how much i am....
GGs Bigs :(

gg raiders, and congrats on the win bigs. win or lose, im proud of you (BAN ME PLEASE)s and i know there was some drama caused entirely by me throughout the season but you (BAN ME PLEASE)s are just fucking tearing it up. stay strong

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

The true number of the beast

Can't dance with the devil and not expect to get burned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)